Burnley v Toon match thread (judgement day)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Re: Burnley v Toon match thread (judgement day)

Post by Murger » Sun May 22, 2022 6:03 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:01 pm
Feel sorry for MJ and Collins who made a crucial error.
It wasn't an error. It was stupidity beyond belief. What the **** was he playing at?

spt_claret
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 456 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun May 22, 2022 6:03 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:01 pm
Nah, Dyche has got us relegated. His **** poor squad building and Stone Age anti football has caught up with us.
Will you just leave this board? You only post to grind an axe for your frothing hatred of the most successful manager we've had in decades. Leave. You contribute nothing but toxic trolling.
The club is relegated facing financial calamity from having been so secure and stable, all the good work might be undone, and your first priority is to get your digs in. What sort of fan are you? There are many many culprits I could point the finger at but I don't care who's to blame right now what matters is what the hell we do. This is a fork in the road for the club and everyone's priority should be on how the club rallies.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 Taffy on the wing

tally
Been Liked: 175 times
Has Liked: 281 times

Post by tally » Sun May 22, 2022 6:03 pm

Oh well maybe this will be a new era. We just were not good enough this year but we go have to go again so lets try to keep a little sanity and be posiitive. New season just around the corner.
A new dawn
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Sun May 22, 2022 6:03 pm

Nothing to do with refs or PL corruption. We were poor for most of the season

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun May 22, 2022 6:04 pm

Clarets+ A lot of derbies next season.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun May 22, 2022 6:04 pm

Bit of a damp squid to finish on.
Over the season we simply were not good enough, poor style of football.
At least MJ gave us a bit of excitement towards the end.
We are down but not out.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sun May 22, 2022 6:05 pm

We were the third worst team and have rightfully been relegated.
These 4 users liked this post: DCWat tiger76 whiffa jojomk1

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Sun May 22, 2022 6:06 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:04 pm
Bit of a damp squid to finish on.
Over the season we simply were not good enough, poor style of football.
At least MJ gave us a bit of excitement towards the end.
We are down but not out.
You don’t see many healthy dry squid :D
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

Caballo
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 431 times

Post by Caballo » Sun May 22, 2022 6:06 pm

No one gets relegated by accident, we simply weren't good enough. Let's hope the predicted financial armageddon doesn't come to fruition.

UTC

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 3288 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Sun May 22, 2022 6:07 pm

Good time to clear the deadwood which in my view would be here again next year if SD was here.
And it's a shake up we needed.
Haven't a clue who we'll appointment but there must plenty of applicants

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sun May 22, 2022 6:07 pm

tally wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:03 pm
New season just around the corner.
Certainly is with a winter world cup, we will have to move quick sharp

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 pm

ClaretAndJew wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:53 pm
How many players out of contract?

65 million debt to pay

Cornet with a release clause.

It's all looking rosie in the Turf Moor garden.
Just like you to "kick 'em when they're down".....

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 pm

….well it won’t be Kompany…

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:09 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:05 pm
We were the third worst team and have rightfully been relegated.
Yes and it should hardly come as a shock considering we flirted with the drop last season, finished 17th and it was only due to Fulham, West Brom & Sheff Utd failing to pass 30 points that we survived fairly comfortably, the writing should have been on the wall then that we needed to improve in many areas, and despite a few decent signings, we simply didn't recruit enough quality, or in the right areas (centre mid for one) to compete.
This user liked this post: NickBFC

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Sun May 22, 2022 6:11 pm

Won’t miss the Premier league diving and cheating and never getting the decisions

UTC

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Sun May 22, 2022 6:12 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:07 pm
Good time to clear the deadwood which in my view would be here again next year if SD was here.
Agree with this. It could be a blessing in disguise.
Get rid of the old guard, appoint a young manager who can play a flowing style of football, sign some promising youngsters.
We are still in a good position to bounce straight back up.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun May 22, 2022 6:12 pm

SussexDon1inIreland wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:11 pm
Won’t miss the Premier league diving and cheating and never getting the decisions

UTC
did you even watch the game this time? You dont even watch the games, just listen on radio and whine on here at the referees.

williamjblazkowicz
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by williamjblazkowicz » Sun May 22, 2022 6:12 pm

Tough to take but at the end of the day, we weren't good enough this season. They did well towards the end to give us hope going into the final match but the performance wasn't good enough today. Oh well.

clive40golf
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by clive40golf » Sun May 22, 2022 6:14 pm

Most people will realise that the team is going to be shredded, with our top performers being sold. We’ll be left with a mid table championship team AT Best!
Truly gutted, all the hard work put into this team has been demolished by under investment by past and present members of the board.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun May 22, 2022 6:15 pm

Just in the car on the way through Cliveger, gutted but we deserved nothing today (and, really, all season). We’ve not been good enough in the games that mattered and it’s rightfully cost us. We had chances second half that I felt should have been taken, but we were never getting a win to match Leeds.

Let’s see what utter insanity awaits us now with no manager, barely a squad, and a massive, massive loan to repay. Promotion isn’t even entering my head at this moment, just numb worry.

I won’t get into the ‘Dyche’ debate again, it’s been, gone and I nailed my self to the mast - my one comment is that I’d just feel so much more ‘comfortable’ knowing we had him in charge for whatever awaited us next. We enter the unknown and have no one to steer us. I find that frightening.

scamander
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by scamander » Sun May 22, 2022 6:16 pm

I've read several fan forums and boy are those in charge of the various conspiracy plots busy. It seems that at any point something goes against you it's nothing to do with the players but the FA/PL and an overarching conspiracy against the team.

I'm presuming that this same conspiracy was behind our lack of investment and woeful performances? Presumably they installed chips in our players to turn out the tosh against Norwich in both games? They also must have some occult pupetteer in charge of Collins' arm today.

We haven't been good enough for some time. The fact that we even came close to staying up is a surprise. Pope saved us in the past couple of games. We are where we are due to the club and how it's been managed for the past few seasons. Any decent conspiracy setup would have realised it wasn't needed here.

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Sun May 22, 2022 6:16 pm

clive40golf wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:14 pm
Most people will realise that the team is going to be shredded, with our top performers being sold. We’ll be left with a mid table championship team AT Best!
Truly gutted, all the hard work put into this team has been demolished by under investment by past and present members of the board.
We only have one top performer ( Pope excluded ) Tarks, and he was going whether we stayed up or not.

scamander
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by scamander » Sun May 22, 2022 6:20 pm

I've read several fan forums and boy are those in charge of the various conspiracy plots busy. It seems that at any point something goes against you it's nothing to do with the players but the FA/PL and an overarching conspiracy against the team.

I'm presuming that this same conspiracy was behind our lack of investment and woeful performances? Presumably they installed chips in our players to turn out the tosh against Norwich in both games? They also must have some occult pupetteer in charge of Collins' arm today.

We haven't been good enough for some time. The fact that we even came close to staying up is a surprise. Pope saved us in the past couple of games. We are where we are due to the club and how it's been managed for the past few seasons. Any decent conspiracy setup would have realised it wasn't needed here.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun May 22, 2022 6:21 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:00 pm
Some absolute twaddle being spouted on this thread, we've been relegated because we've not been good enough, and no excuses about officials can disguise that fact, poor though they may have been over the course of the season.

Big summer at TM now, and whoever steps in has got a hell of a rebuilding job on their hands, but that's for the future.
What makes you think that the new manager will have any say in recruitment ?

A rebuild with no money would be difficult at the best of times, but we have made it even more difficult for ourselves.

We have nothing to attract quality players at the moment, nothing at all.

I will be very surprised if we don't sell Pope in the Summer. That will weaken us significantly. Had Sean and Billy Mercer not left we would have had a good set up to attract a quality replacement shop stopper like Daniel Iverson. Working with a respected coach like Billy Mercer would have been a big draw. However, should Pope leave we won't have anything to attract a new keeper. Dangling a back room devoid of staff and a fairly raw U23 coach in front of any prospective candidates isn't going to cut it. It's either that or go with the underperforming BPF.

It is the same across the board. Maintaining PL football would have given us an attractive lure that a awful recruitment team might have been able to use to build us a strong Championship squad in anticipation of a relegation next season. Now we have nothing. We will even struggle to attract quality youngsters, because our ability to supply Cat 1 is currently in question.

We can't recruit until we establish what style of football we are going to build a team around. Although I suspect it will be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 attacking football from here on out. So we will have to sign a manager comfortable with whatever style of football Pace and his advisors want us to play.

Then we will have to attract new players who want to play that way, who will sign for a club with no money and who will probably have a squad that is in constant flux ( with existing players leaving ) throughout the entire transfer window. Players that will relish Championship football and working at a club with no back room staff and an ever growing number of sales staff ( who aren't generating additional revenue ).

The problem is that Pace and Co waved goodbye to everyone that helped build the club in recent years and failed to replace them. So we now have owners with no money who are looking to a bloke who spent over two decades teaching kids how to run around training cones for answers to football questions he has never had to study for, backed by a poor recruitment team that couldn't see the need for a right winger or a new central midfielder last Summer and spent the Winter window chasing after a 29 year old inverted left winger.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1968 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sun May 22, 2022 6:25 pm

Amazed that Pace has escaped criticism so far. He would have been deemed a genius had we stayed up. We didn’t so he isn’t. Personally I hope he takes his borrowed money and leaves us alone. What a mess we are in right now

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun May 22, 2022 6:34 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:03 pm
Will you just leave this board? You only post to grind an axe for your frothing hatred of the most successful manager we've had in decades. Leave. You contribute nothing but toxic trolling.
The club is relegated facing financial calamity from having been so secure and stable, all the good work might be undone, and your first priority is to get your digs in. What sort of fan are you? There are many many culprits I could point the finger at but I don't care who's to blame right now what matters is what the hell we do. This is a fork in the road for the club and everyone's priority should be on how the club rallies.
Sensitive sally, can’t take criticism of Dyche. Are you a Dyche fan or a Burnley fan. I’m no Dyche fan never have been. I could see through all his flaws. But he is the main man to blame for us being relegated pure and simple. It’s been a long time coming. Should’ve been potted in the summer.

spt_claret
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 456 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun May 22, 2022 6:43 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:34 pm
Sensitive sally, can’t take criticism of Dyche. Are you a Dyche fan or a Burnley fan. I’m no Dyche fan never have been. I could see through all his flaws. But he is the main man to blame for us being relegated pure and simple. It’s been a long time coming. Should’ve been potted in the summer.
I'm a Burnley fan whose priority is the future of the club. You're a petty, spiteful creature who spends more time hating on Dyche than discussing anything else.
Keep patting yourself on the back for your genius from the comfort of your FIFA gaming chair and have fun booing our next manager after a few bad results. I've half a mind you're a Rovers fan trolling.

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun May 22, 2022 6:45 pm

joey13 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 pm
IDIOT
Enjoy your couple of weeks off the board.....

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Sun May 22, 2022 6:48 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:43 pm
I'm a Burnley fan whose priority is the future of the club. You're a petty, spiteful creature who spends more time hating on Dyche than discussing anything else.
Keep patting yourself on the back for your genius from the comfort of your FIFA gaming chair and have fun booing our next manager after a few bad results. I've half a mind you're a Rovers fan trolling.
Your priority is the future of the club? And what exactly
Are you going to do? The square root of sweet Fanny adams like the rest of us. The future of the club we cannot influence, we are strapped in for the ride.

I post on plenty of subjects but certainly don’t miss to blame Dyche for our woes, and at the end of the day factually correct. Iv had to endure his anti football and old agricultural signings for too long.

Hopefully we get a more progressive manager in who plays exciting attacking football and can actually attract players with skill and pace.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:49 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:45 pm
Enjoy your couple of weeks off the board.....
I won’t lose any sleep

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 22, 2022 6:49 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Certainly is with a winter world cup, we will have to move quick sharp
When does it start?

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6463 times
Has Liked: 2896 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:52 pm

I'm glad that's over..the season has been poor didn't want to stay up by the skin of our teeth then have to go through it all again next season...the Premier league is not for us,I'm quite looking forward to winning a few games (hopefully) in the Championship .
It's our level I deep down most of us know it. UTC

Beagle
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by Beagle » Sun May 22, 2022 6:53 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:49 pm
When does it start?
30th July

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 22, 2022 6:54 pm

Beagle wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:53 pm
30th July
Oooh crikey!

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun May 22, 2022 6:56 pm

FCBurnley wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:25 pm
Amazed that Pace has escaped criticism so far. He would have been deemed a genius had we stayed up. We didn’t so he isn’t. Personally I hope he takes his borrowed money and leaves us alone. What a mess we are in right now
Inwardly, I don't think he will be that bothered we are going down. He obviously didn't grasp the financial impact of relegation until it became a very real scenario and he ran the numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if he was viewing relegation as a positive and he was secretly crossing his fingers and hoping for such an outcome. Pace is a business man not a Burnley fan and relegation would seem to make sense to a number cruncher.

Sell all the players that have value, generating revenue and lowering the wage bill.

Sign some of the out of contract players on new contracts with lower wages and release the rest, lowering the wage bill.

Lowering the wage bill will free up space for new signings and reduce the parachute money that has to be spent on wages.

Use most of the parachute money and revenue from player sales to pay off the debts.

Rebuild the team around sexy attacking football that will be easier to sell to investors.

Sign young players to build a squad that can achieve promotion from the Championship, not next year but the year after ( early promotion means you have to pay back a big chunk of the parachute payments ).

Win promotion, go up with Championship team overheads and put a huge chunk of cash in the bank. That is what Garlick did and that is what Garlick cashed out and earned his big profit from doing. Increasing the value of a Championship squad through promotion and then selling up.

Sadly, I don't think it will be that easy. I suspect we will fall down on the identifying / attracting promotion calibre players. We will also struggle to attract new investors because we no longer have PL football and we are losing our unique brand identity. Hard working football, traditional values and an old school mentality and stadium made us unique.

We had an identity that could have been marketed better. Instead we now have a ground that looks like a cheap Poundland Christmas display with all the new LED's, long standing sponsor have been shunted out to the LED sign on the corner to tout their wares like cheap hookers and we don't have a clear football identity on or off the pitch. Selling sexy football won't attract big new investors because lots of other Championship clubs are offering the same package, but they are a lot further down the line in its development. We could have been the Downton Abbey of the football world, proud of our heritage, traditional values and an attractive historic offering. Now we on the verge of becoming one amongst many, because our thinking is no different from everyone else.

The Summer will be about paying off the money we own and damage limitation. The best we can hope for is that the left over staff in our Academy can mastermind a football vision, we can attract a manager worth a wage and our poor recruitment team can build a new squad that will be good enough to avoid relegation to League One.

The sad thing is that in terms of backroom staff we sacked or moved on a group of commitment performers who had proven themselves repeatedly.

The only people that we retained were the recruitment staff who had failed us time and time again and we haven't seen any new arrivals of note. It has been the same at every level. An excellent academy manager who dragged us up to Cat 1 is shown the door and his replacement is a bloke who has no real experience of running a competitive football league academy.

The players have always done their best for us, just like the excellent back room performers we have lost since ALK took over, but you can only wipe the arses of the poor performers around you for so long, eventually your arm gets tired or you run out of paper to fill in the cracks.

If Pace has bet on the ability of our recruitment team to deliver a team of youngsters with Championship promotion potential on a tight budget then I fear he is in for a nasty wake up call this Summer. Our relegation today probably put most of the attractive free transfer beyond our grasp, so we will have to buy to replace in a lot of cases.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Sun May 22, 2022 6:56 pm

NewClaret wrote:
When does it start?
July 30th

AwayClaret
Been Liked: 163 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by AwayClaret » Sun May 22, 2022 6:59 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:56 pm
Inwardly, I don't think he will be that bothered we are going down. He obviously didn't grasp the financial impact of relegation until it became a very real scenario and he ran the numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if he was viewing relegation as a positive and he was secretly crossing his fingers and hoping for such an outcome. Pace is a business man not a Burnley fan and relegation would seem to make sense to a number cruncher.

Sell all the players that have value, generating revenue and lowering the wage bill.

Sign some of the out of contract players on new contracts with lower wages and release the rest, lowering the wage bill.

Lowering the wage bill will free up space for new signings and reduce the parachute money that has to be spent on wages.

Use most of the parachute money and revenue from player sales to pay off the debts.

Rebuild the team around sexy attacking football that will be easier to sell to investors.

Sign young players to build a squad that can achieve promotion from the Championship, not next year but the year after ( early promotion means you have to pay back a big chunk of the parachute payments ).

Win promotion, go up with Championship team overheads and put a huge chunk of cash in the bank. That is what Garlick did and that is what Garlick cashed out and earned his big profit from doing. Increasing the value of a Championship squad through promotion and then selling up.

Sadly, I don't think it will be that easy. I suspect we will fall down on the identifying / attracting promotion calibre players. We will also struggle to attract new investors because we no longer have PL football and we are losing our unique brand identity. Hard working football, traditional values and an old school mentality and stadium made us unique.

We had an identity that could have been marketed better. Instead we now have a ground that looks like a cheap Poundland Christmas display with all the new LED's, long standing sponsor have been shunted out to the LED sign on the corner to tout their wares like cheap hookers and we don't have a clear football identity on or off the pitch. Selling sexy football won't attract big new investors because lots of other Championship clubs are offering the same package, but they are a lot further down the line in its development. We could have been the Downton Abbey of the football world, proud of our heritage, traditional values and an attractive historic offering. Now we on the verge of becoming one amongst many, because our thinking is no different from everyone else.

The Summer will be about paying off the money we own and damage limitation. The best we can hope for is that the left over staff in our Academy can mastermind a football vision, we can attract a manager worth a wage and our poor recruitment team can build a new squad that will be good enough to avoid relegation to League One.

The sad thing is that in terms of backroom staff we sacked or moved on a group of commitment performers who had proven themselves repeatedly.

The only people that we retained were the recruitment staff who had failed us time and time again and we haven't seen any new arrivals of note. It has been the same at every level. An excellent academy manager who dragged us up to Cat 1 is shown the door and his replacement is a bloke who has no real experience of running a competitive football league academy.

The players have always done their best for us, just like the excellent back room performers we have lost since ALK took over, but you can only wipe the arses of the poor performers around you for so long, eventually your arm gets tired or you run out of paper to fill in the cracks.

If Pace has bet on the ability of our recruitment team to deliver a team of youngsters with Championship promotion potential on a tight budget then I fear he is in for a nasty wake up call this Summer. Our relegation today probably put most of the attractive free transfer beyond our grasp, so we will have to buy to replace in a lot of cases.
Anyone care to summarise :lol: :lol: :D

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun May 22, 2022 7:01 pm

AwayClaret wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:59 pm
Anyone care to summarise :lol: :lol: :D
I think our troubles are just beginning and we are probably f*cked

Exciting times.

AwayClaret
Been Liked: 163 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by AwayClaret » Sun May 22, 2022 7:02 pm

Thank you 😃

Taffy on the wing

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun May 22, 2022 7:04 pm

joey13 wrote:
I won’t lose any sleep
Neither will we.......

clive40golf

Post by clive40golf » Sun May 22, 2022 7:05 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 6:16 pm
We only have one top performer ( Pope excluded ) Tarks, and he was going whether we stayed up or not.
No disrespect, but we have more than just Pope.

Charlie Taylor,Josh Brownhill, Cornet, McNeil, Hennessy, Roberts and Collins all have a future in the premiership. I know some will disagree, but would be surprised if they weren’t added to a premiership squad of one team or another.

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Sun May 22, 2022 7:18 pm

Well…it will be interesting to see who comes and goes for sure. And we will see what happens with ALK. Personally I find it beyond belief that they didn’t allow for a relegation in their plan as some seem to think. But I guess we’ll know by who is in the starting 11 next year. A bunch of finger pointing here won’t change anything. Not that i imagine that will ever stop! It’s what a message board seems to thrive on after all.c :lol:

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun May 22, 2022 7:25 pm

clive40golf wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:05 pm
No disrespect, but we have more than just Pope.

Charlie Taylor,Josh Brownhill, Cornet, McNeil, Hennessy, Roberts and Collins all have a future in the premiership. I know some will disagree, but would be surprised if they weren’t added to a premiership squad of one team or another.
Brownhill should be nowhere near it.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sun May 22, 2022 7:25 pm

cockneyclaret wrote:
100% agree with this. Exciting times.
This user liked this post: RVclaret

clive40golf

Post by clive40golf » Sun May 22, 2022 7:45 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:25 pm
Brownhill should be nowhere near it.
Again, no disrespect intended. I’m sure you’ll find that Brownhill will have plenty of suitors. You may not rate him, but plenty in the football world do. His work rate is brilliant and he’s stood out in a poor midfield.

clive40golf

Post by clive40golf » Sun May 22, 2022 7:58 pm

This should be a wake up call to some of our supporters. Don’t want to go over SD again, but our last 10 yrs of success has made some look at Burnley as some super club, able to attract whoever we want. I’m pretty sure it won’t work out like that. Get used to mid table obscurity.