How are you feeling this morning.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
beddie
Been Liked: 1382 times
Has Liked: 511 times

How are you feeling this morning.

Post by beddie » Mon May 23, 2022 7:54 am

Silly question I know. I’ve not felt as low as this for sometime. We all knew it was a big ask and we’re hopeful Brentford would help us out but it’s not to be. I’m a bit of a grumpy sod (so er indoors informs me) most of the time anyway but it’s going to take me a while to get over this. The short revival under MJ gave us some real hope but in the end we have to accept we weren’t good enough. I’m genuinely interested how you’re doing. Its important how things like this can affect you so with that in mind make sure you get out for a walk if possible, some fresh air will help and get into good conversation with friends and neighbours.
As I finish this off our village milkman has just pulled up on the avenue delivering his bottles, no wonder he’s whistling away, he’s a Leeds fan. I’ve drawn the curtains. :x Keep positive everyone.We’re all a claret family on here so let’s help each other. That’s why this board is so brilliant.
These 4 users liked this post: GaryClaret NewClaret Claret KateR

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Re: How are you feeling this morning.

Post by Belial » Mon May 23, 2022 7:58 am

Surprisingly not that bothered and looking forward to some competitiveness, new players and tactics, and decent away games

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Mon May 23, 2022 8:00 am

I'm ok. Our complete bottle job performance yesterday has annoyed me more than relegation.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Mon May 23, 2022 8:01 am

I’m feeling ok, but it’d be nice to hear something out of the boardroom very soon as to the next manager, contract situations and how they see the club coping with relegation financially. Not expecting minute detail. A broad brush would do right now.
These 3 users liked this post: helmclaret Blakesboots burnleymik

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon May 23, 2022 8:02 am

Was annoyed last night but more at the lack of performance we put in. Looking forward to seeing who the new manager is going to be and hopefully winning more games next season!
This user liked this post: Murger

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Mon May 23, 2022 8:03 am

I feel like I did yesterday to be honest.

Want to know who the manager is going to be.

Want to know who will be here next season.

Want to have something to be optimistic about.

I think if we have a back 5 of Hennessy, Roberts, Collins,Mee, Taylor, then I think we have a defence capable of doing well in the championship with their experience. If we intend to play a 5-3-2 formation then I think we could do with another CB.

Less certain about the midfield in truth with not knowing who will be here.

Jayrod has goals in him at this level too. These are the things I am holding on to for now.

Just expect the next several weeks to be painful with the ‘not knowing’
Last edited by clarethomer on Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

helmclaret
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by helmclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 am

It’s been a very slow death.

Would like the new manager announced asap so that we can go again with some fresh input.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 8:06 am

Feeling like there’s been a weight lifted off my shoulders. Have hated these past few weeks. Oh and my decision to bet big on us to go down at 12/5 yesterday has helped soften the blow.

NickBFC
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 278 times

Post by NickBFC » Mon May 23, 2022 8:06 am

Feeling okay this morning, what will be will be. Excited to see who the new manager will be, finally some new signings (we have to make some this time!), and a couple of new grounds to visit. As been said above, its felt like a slow death over the last 18-24 months so not too much of a shock.

Neil
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by Neil » Mon May 23, 2022 8:06 am

The seven stages of grief:

Shock
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance
Processing Grief

Not sure where I am, keep flicking between them all.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Mon May 23, 2022 8:08 am

Normal Monday morning stuff.

williamjblazkowicz
Been Liked: 176 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by williamjblazkowicz » Mon May 23, 2022 8:09 am

Fine! Not that bothered about the Premier League beyond the financial incentives it provides. Looking forward to seeing some new players in claret and blue and hopefully a different style of football (one that actually sees us score goals).

mikeS
Been Liked: 650 times
Has Liked: 25 times

Post by mikeS » Mon May 23, 2022 8:09 am

OK
Still here.
And Burnley Football Clubs still here.
New Fixture list out in four weeks.
New season starts in August.
New manager.
New team.
UTC
This user liked this post: SherbornePhil

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 am

Not feeling too bad, just tired.

Looking forward to certain fixtures next season (PNE, Rovers and local for me - Luton).

Can I ask, as I haven't paid much attention till now - Is there VAR in the EFL? and also, are we now considered a massive club in the EFL after our years in the Prem? Certainly 2 issues that may play in our favour next season...

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 149 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 am

If we were relegated without the leveraged buy out I'd be a lot calmer as we still had our 'rainy day fund'. Yes, we'd probably lose some big players as they'd want to play in the top league, but we'd be able to use that money to replace/strengthen.

As it stands, we're still going to lose those players but it'll go into the big black £65-million-shaped financial hole.

So to answer your question, a mixture of worry and anger this morning.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 LeadBelly

Woody9229
Been Liked: 63 times
Has Liked: 145 times

Post by Woody9229 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 am

Not feeling great tbh. I didn't see much of the game yesterday as only got coverage from around 60 minutes and I'm not helping myself reading the reports of how poor we were up until then. I did fear Mike would revert to type and play 5 at the back and posted that I thought that would be a mistake. However I absolutely know relegation has come at the end of a truly horrific season and MJ can only be applauded for his efforts. He got real close to pulling off a miracle. My depression this morning comes on the back of real fear about what the future holds financially and then what strength of squad we will have in the Championship. If we had gone down under a normal takeover with money in the bank and parachute payments I would at least have had hope that we could be competitive (crucially against that lot down the road) and now I cant envisage anything but a struggle and derby defeats. There are no positives as far as I can see and assume I wont be the only one feeling like this and Pace needs to step up quickly and show us that there is a coherent plan/strategy. Regardless my depression wont last too long I'm sure. I've supported us for 55 years and relegation always hurts massively but I will put it in perspective. Might take a few days mind.

The Enclosure
Been Liked: 990 times
Has Liked: 3266 times

Post by The Enclosure » Mon May 23, 2022 8:14 am

I look at it this way.We have had a great run for the past 6 seasons or so, punching way above our weight.
The squad that has achieved this have been brilliant but sadly too many of them have come to the end of their careers.
This season has been a difficult watch, each match knowing thatcwe are likely to lose.
So, whilst I am sad we are relegated I look upon it as a new exciting era for the club.A new manager, some new players in and a time for rebuilding.
Lets all be thankful for the past 6 or 7 seasons and now look forward to a new era.
Up the Clarets.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 364 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 8:16 am

Rough.

Disappointed with our 'performance' yesterday. Unlike a lot of people I spoke to after the match, I'm not looking forward to the championship.

Kind of glad a bad season is over.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

vinrogue
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Mon May 23, 2022 8:17 am

I am strangely relieved, season after season fighting relegation, knowing we will never be top 6 or more realistically top 10 even. Having enjoyed the PL journey, Europe and some great wins.eventually it grinds you down. Of the current squad who walks into a top 6 team, Pope? who walks into a top 10 team Tarks? Who walks into a PL team McNeil, Taylor? Overall we have not been good enough this season. I am truly gutted but relieved that Sunderland West Brom and Sheff Utd at home will be no different to Wolves, Bournemouth and Brentford at home apart from the VAR/League and refs!!UTC

scamander
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by scamander » Mon May 23, 2022 8:22 am

A bit of relief. Things I won't miss.

- hoping that you only get beaten by 2 goals.
- other fans and the media making lazy stereotypes about the club. Particularly where it comes to racism. Team X might erected flaming crosses on the pitch but hang on.....Burnley = BNP councillors/booing the knee/white players/northern. We'll forget where clubs had fans racially abuse family members of players, players wearing tshirts supporting a player involved in racist incidents and many other clubs who have idiot fans.
- relying on players way past their prime.
- The stench of the league. Looking forward to clubs owned by billionaires complaining that they cannot compete financially against other clubs owned by billionaires.

Finally, and I am unsure who else feels this, but had we stayed up there would be a feeling of 'here we go again'. Because I don't think the club would have put in the necessary investment. Another season of hoping that there are 3 teams worse than us.
This user liked this post: The Enclosure

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 8:24 am

Same as I have for a while…. Very pensive under this ownership group. Concerned about all aspects of the club. They keep focusing on the cosmetic stuff whilst the important core stuff constantly gets worse. The club has regressed dramatically in the last 12 months, and I do not think these owners are capable of stopping that.
These 2 users liked this post: FeedTheArf tiger76

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:27 am

Crap and worried about what will happen to the club with the bunch of charlatans in charge.
These 3 users liked this post: FeedTheArf Claret tiger76

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Mon May 23, 2022 8:28 am

I’m feeling like I wish I wasn’t a football fan.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon May 23, 2022 8:31 am

Caught up with me while watching the golf and I got home late last night. Has a feeling of “the end” about it, i.e. Bolton, Blackpool etc not Norwich, Fulham, Bournemouth.

So many matches, won’t be able to get over for many of them, certainly not Tuesdays battling rush hour traffic. On the plus side if I let my season ticket lapse after 40 years there will be ability to pick and choose with plenty of seats. I’d probably just do 10 games a season and make it a day out, possibly going corporate.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Mon May 23, 2022 8:37 am

I am mixed. Relegation would not bother me (been there, done that and frankly I had never thought I'd see us for even one year in that league, let alone what we have had) if it wasn't for the financial side. I am really concerned about all the stories swirling around us and fear for us.
This user liked this post: tiger76

ervi34
Been Liked: 97 times
Has Liked: 104 times

Post by ervi34 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:38 am

Awful because I'm writing an exam and of course couldn't revise over the weekend because I was too nervous.

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:40 am

Fine. I made peace with relegation a while ago.

When you think about it logically there’s little to enjoy for a club like Burnley being in the premier league. There’s no real financial benefit as all the money goes on wages etc. we can’t compete as realistically our resources means we should finish in the bottom 3 each time. Seeing the best players in the world every week isn’t much fun when they’re putting 4 goals past you.

It’s been a fun adventure which turned into a laborious chore. I can’t wait for next season, it feels like we’ve got the real Burnley back.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon May 23, 2022 8:41 am

Hungover

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:42 am

Oh and I couldn’t care less about the financial side. I don’t know why fans get so into all that.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Mon May 23, 2022 8:42 am

actually feeling relatively positive. It’s been obvious for a long time that the squad in particular needed a re-fresh which because The can has been kicked down the road is now a full on rebuild.

It’s going to be easier to do in the championship, we can get
Rid of the old high wage earners and bring in some
Younger cheaper players with potential.

I’m glad we’ve finally got rid of the dinosaur in charge and hopeful that we get a more attack minded manager in who can actually find and sign a few exciting players and not the over 30s clogger merchants.

New manager needs to be dealt with ASAP though

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon May 23, 2022 8:47 am

Better than yesterday.
It is what it is, we can't control it so there is no point being down. Tomorrow, next season, is another day.

UTC

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 8:49 am

Still disappointed, but overall we just haven’t been good enough over the season.
Having said that, if Wout had got a toe to the chance on about 75 minutes I think it was, I do think we might have got another, but it was not to be.
Now, very worried by the financial situation of the club and how that will impact the starting eleven next season.

On VAR, I was one who wanted it. Now I hate it, be glad to see the back of it.

Positive, will be looking forward to some local away days.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:52 am

Fine, thanks for asking
Family are all well, I've money in the bank, the cost of living rises aren't having much impact here, got 6 holidays booked, so all is well

Football is so far down the list of priorities it's not worth getting hot under the collar for. I've seen enough relegation and promomotions not to get too excited about either

I've got my ticket for next season and will enjoy it as normal.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon May 23, 2022 9:08 am

Empty, frustrated,low,furious about yesterdays abysmal showing,worried. A few days from now though I'll be back to normal.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Mon May 23, 2022 9:08 am

Overall you can't argue with 7 wins out of 38 matches and a ludicrously low goals for tally. So a big part of me is philosophical. Having said that I honestly thought we'd get away with it yesterday and although Newcastle had little to play for and weren't especially great, they did at least turn up and compete and we simply fell away, apart from 20 minutes when we seriously got back in the game and Wout (for one) really should score. Brentford on the other hand simply threw Leeds the lifeline which they grabbed. So yesterday still annoys me and always will unfortunately.

matucana
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by matucana » Mon May 23, 2022 9:11 am

Annoyed. At 4 pm yesterday and knowing what was needed, to throw in a performance like that was totally unacceptable. I do wonder what was in the players mindset. I do hope tools had not been downed by some.
As for the future I have no confidence as regards incoming transfers. I have an image of the Chairman playing on his computer using Ai Scout inserting parameters that yield totally ineffective players such as Cornet ( Mr Showman) and Weghorst. A computer cannot define how well they can fit and bond into a group ( I feel this may have contributed to SD's departure) and any performance data will be historic. I recall SD saying in a post match interview that Cornet spent more time clapping the crowd instead of concentrating on football. You cannot beat monitoring a potential signing by watching them from the stands and then sending feelers out through your networks as to personalities, family life etc. The recent management clear out will have destroyed all of those lines. I fear we are in no man's land with our future dependant on computer says.......
I hope Mr Pace enjoys his emergency meeting with the PL today as regards the Everton situation. I cannot see Leeds giving us their total support as was reported prior to yesterday's games. T he situation has now changed. There could well be breaches but do not hold your breath for retrospective points deduction. The Merseyside derbies are safe much to the relief of the PL, Sky , BT and all the gaming companies. Any financial penalties will merely add to their problems. Wrap on the knuckles probably.

SalouClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by SalouClaret » Mon May 23, 2022 9:23 am

matucana wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:11 am
Annoyed. At 4 pm yesterday and knowing what was needed, to throw in a performance like that was totally unacceptable. I do wonder what was in the players mindset. I do hope tools had not been downed by some.
As for the future I have no confidence as regards incoming transfers. I have an image of the Chairman playing on his computer using Ai Scout inserting parameters that yield totally ineffective players such as Cornet ( Mr Showman) and Weghorst. A computer cannot define how well they can fit and bond into a group ( I feel this may have contributed to SD's departure) and any performance data will be historic. I recall SD saying in a post match interview that Cornet spent more time clapping the crowd instead of concentrating on football. You cannot beat monitoring a potential signing by watching them from the stands and then sending feelers out through your networks as to personalities, family life etc. The recent management clear out will have destroyed all of those lines. I fear we are in no man's land with our future dependant on computer says.......
I hope Mr Pace enjoys his emergency meeting with the PL today as regards the Everton situation. I cannot see Leeds giving us their total support as was reported prior to yesterday's games. T he situation has now changed. There could well be breaches but do not hold your breath for retrospective points deduction. The Merseyside derbies are safe much to the relief of the PL, Sky , BT and all the gaming companies. Any financial penalties will merely add to their problems. Wrap on the knuckles probably.

Without that 'ineffective' player's goals we'd have been relegated about 8 weeks ago. Jesus Christ.

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1161 times

Post by Falcon » Mon May 23, 2022 9:29 am

I was gutted yesterday and had a right sulk.

Feeling great today weirdly. Playing every season with the main objective just to not get relegated (and playing weak teams in the cups to help with that) was getting pretty stale to be honest.

Looking forward to hopefully winning more than 5 home games all season next year. And a World Cup year to boot. Bring it on.

Foreverly Claret
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by Foreverly Claret » Mon May 23, 2022 9:34 am

I'm actually feeling a lot worse than I thought I would...GUTTED. Someone once mentioned " fine margins " and if you look at some of the draws that should have been wins ( 2 points lost each time ) you have to agree. What makes it worse for me is the prospects for the future..the reported financial situation is , reportedly , dire and we'll be fighting with one hand tied against some very good teams over a very long season...eight more games .Our best players will be leaving and the managerial position is uncertain..we really are in the proverbial MELTING POT.

Oh and it doesn't help living on the outskirts of Leeds
This user liked this post: Claret

Bobzuruncle
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by Bobzuruncle » Mon May 23, 2022 9:42 am

I am down and a little annoyed about the season as a whole. I felt that over the first ten or so games we played quite well but just didn’t have the run of the green and this along with dodgy decisions and lapses in concentration meant that what would have been 1-0 wins in the past turned into defeats or draws. This didn’t bode well because we were waiting and fearing for our general decent play to tail off as confidence decreased. Then when we had our bad spell we really struggled even to put any passes together for a long time, made mistakes and invited opponents onto us without having the defence to stand firm. By the time we got things together and although there were indeed some bad decisions on the pitch I felt that again everything conspired to stop us dragging ourselves out of the mire despite our efforts.
So yes I’m not feeling too good it’s been a bad week regardless of football and I’m not looking forward to the fake commiserations of the Blackburn fans that are now crawling out the woodwork in the town that I live (I’m not good at banter).
Actual relegation was inevitable at some point and I accept that but my general feeling this season is the same as Barnes’ comments, that we had outstayed our welcome and that the rest of the league including refs are glad to see the back of us (and it wrankles that we obliged)

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Mon May 23, 2022 9:43 am

Disappointment with that first half performance again…….today it’s a mix of “what have they done to my club” starting with Garlick…and when I get back to The Isle of Man tomorrow it’ll be the inevitable acknowledgment to the Leeds fan on the other side of the office…..

In the cold light of day, the outcome yesterday fairly predictable…….

I’ll miss the big build up on TV, generally the big crowds……yes, I’ll miss seeing some of the worlds best players and occasionally giving them a bloody nose.

Won’t miss the “uncontious bias” towards the big clubs undoubtedly of certain referees….. nor the ever growing greed of those in the trough at the top……..

Won’t miss the “side to side, wallop” football, nor cheering Nick Popes weekly master class which still doesn’t get him that England place ….

Won’t miss that annual donation of points at The Etihad,

Won’t miss the “fine margins”………

Won’t miss the ‘half and half” scarf brigade…

Would say I won’t miss the big queues at the bar at half time on the concourse, but then again I guess some things won’t change.

Will look forward to cup games for a change as we may try to win one…

And overall I’m still looking forward to my “dad lad” time next season which to be fair is why our season tickets mean so much……

Enjoy the summer folks, lots to look forward to, they may even paint those walls a different colour than black next season eh!!!

Goddy
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 689 times

Post by Goddy » Mon May 23, 2022 9:44 am

Murger wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:00 am
I'm ok. Our complete bottle job performance yesterday has annoyed me more than relegation.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

If we were to go down, then I wanted us to go down having fought tooth and nail and gone for a win. We just rolled over until it was too late. So, annoyed is precisely how I feel.

I'maclaret
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by I'maclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 9:51 am

Tired as I live on the south coast so got home at gone midnight and a little deflated. But this has seemed inevitable for a long time. I felt like we have been fighting an uphill battle against bad luck all season. Not in a there is a great conspiracy to get us relegated way, but the covid stoppages and not playing for so long, the resulting back log of fixtures taking it's toll, not just physically but also the pile of games in hand masking how deep in the mire we were and perhaps buying Dyche a longer run at it than he might otherwise have had. The injuries. We don't seem to have had a lucky break of a shot rebounding in off the post or OG off a defenders backside or any of the little pieces of good fortune that can spark a bit hope. It has felt like fates have had us marked for the drop from day one. I hoped the changed of management might bring a change of fortune but when the MJ era started with Westy's awful injury I felt that we really weren't going to have anything go our way. As a southern based fan the Championship is a bit sparse on easy to reach fixtures though.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:01 am

claret2018 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:42 am
Oh and I couldn’t care less about the financial side. I don’t know why fans get so into all that.
You do realise what happens on the financial side impacts on our ability to build a competitive squad don't you, and assuming we cash in on our main assets, and they aren't replaced it's unlikely we'll be making a quick PL return, which we really do need to do simply to cover our existing debt requirements.
This user liked this post: Billy Balfour

turbo5
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by turbo5 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:11 am

I have no problem with the championship
It’s enjoyable and you have something to play for and actually stand a chance of winning. Some great away days coming up.
What does worry me is the team, what’s left of it after the out of contract players leave and anybody of any value who has ambitions above championship football
Combine this with the financial situation we are in, it’s certainly different to the last time we were relegated.
I just hope my fears are wrong

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1754 times
Has Liked: 469 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Mon May 23, 2022 10:12 am

If you would have told me after the debacle at Norwich that going into the last fixture, our survival was in our hands, I would have taken that every day of the week. And then of course when we reach that point, we turn in a typical non performance and slide out of the Premier League without a fight. I could have accepted a defeat to one of the wealthiest clubs in the world had we shown some desire. The set up was wrong to me with 3 centre backs and 2 full backs playing 4 4 2. When the change came, for me it should have been a CB to be replace but for some reason we took off a full back who was playing in midfield.

And of course you cannot legislate for individual moments of madness (Collins handball) or the total lack of desire from Charlie Taylor to pick up Wilson for the second as he jogs gently into the box. Yesterday was really our whole season condensed into 1 game. Defensive lapses, square pegs in round holes, ineffective formation, unable to retain possession, midfield create nothing. We need a massive reset, worrying when we have no Manager, many out of contract players and uncertainty around the finances and the ability of the current owners to oversee anything on the playing side.

So to answer the question, very unhappy with the showing yesterday and the majority of the season and hugely concerned about the direction the club is heading.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Mon May 23, 2022 10:13 am

I'd be feeling more positive if this was a 'normal' relegation with the much vaunted war-chest overflowing with goodies, but instead we have massive debts that require servicing, and this will eat into the parachute money, making a bounce back a Herculean task. My mood is grim.

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3747 times
Has Liked: 7520 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 10:20 am

Pancake-like.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon May 23, 2022 10:21 am

It’s going to sound a bit dramatic but I feel like there’s been a death in the family. I’m footballed out, to the point where i won’t even watch the Champions league final which is a game I’d normally look forward to. Maybe in need a month or two out of the game, and I’ll feel different come August. But right now, I want nothing to do with the game.

jmu1
Been Liked: 8 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by jmu1 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:23 am

Main feeling is concern mixed with an element of grief. It had been coming since Dyche and Garlicky fell out. Hopefully the owners have the resources to commit to one good go at bouncing straight back. We will get some idea with the managerial appointment