How are you feeling this morning.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Re: How are you feeling this morning.

Post by KRBFC » Mon May 23, 2022 1:59 pm

Ric_C wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:46 pm
Just looked at the stats and Leeds have gained 9 extra points from injury time goals this season. Ridiculous!
took 2 off us, with poor management from Dyche not to make a change to shut up shop, I thought he'd have learned from Brighton the week prior but no.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon May 23, 2022 1:59 pm

i'm perfectly fine, we got what we deserved yesterday
This user liked this post: AfloatinClaret

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 2:10 pm

Annoyed the home defeat to Villa and yesterday's surrender was totally unacceptable
Several players failed to deliver the 100% effort required and it was a sickening way to go down
Maxwel's goal was great but I fear its the last we will see of him in a Burnley shirt

strayclaret
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by strayclaret » Mon May 23, 2022 2:24 pm

Horrendous far worse than last night.
To try to cheer me up, I’ve just booked Father’s Day lunch at the Turf.

Ric_C
Been Liked: 742 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Mon May 23, 2022 2:34 pm

TBH in a season of fine margins, I'd say the loss of form of Wood, and the subsequent lack of goals of Weghorst was the deciding factor in the end. Of course we could have made it a lot easier for ourselves if we'd recruited properly in the Summer and in January.

And even though we have been pretty poor all season, I seriously don't think we've had much luck with key decisions and injuries at vital times.
This user liked this post: Foreverly Claret

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 126 times

Post by KlyBfc » Mon May 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:59 pm
This is me too, despite getting plenty of stick from fans of other clubs (not the Leeds ones they are understanding…it’s the rest). I was gutted last night but I’m ready to move on today, just hope the club move forward quickly as it’s not long until the season starts. As one mate said last night “at least” we didn’t equalise, I’m not sure I’d have coped if we had only for them to score deep into injury time (again).

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Mon May 23, 2022 2:47 pm

I feel dejected. Annoyed. Frustrated.
And no summer tournament to distract me.
Instead I'm all-consumed by the unanswered questions of Who is the next manager? Which players will be sold? Who might we buy? Are we financially crippled?

On a brighter note I'm thinking of grounds I can get to that I've never been to

Stadium of Light
Riverside
Deepdale
New York

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Mon May 23, 2022 2:50 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:59 pm
Knowing this does help tho

It wasn't that we got what we deserved yesterday
It's that we got what we deserved over 38 games
Even with that final flurry, we absolutely deserved to be relegated

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Mon May 23, 2022 2:54 pm

all good...

30 days till fixture list comes out (23 June 2022)

67 days till first game of the season (30 July 2022)

https://www.efl.com/news/key-dates/#maincontent

Something to look forward to right :D

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8653 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon May 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Wins to accumulate, I hope.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 313 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Mon May 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Dissapointed we've been sold out by a "fan" and lost our way due to underinvestment, worried that we wont now be able to climb back up without some pain somewhere be they forced sales etc.

However we need to clear out the deadwood and get a manager in that at least attempts to play "football" not the dreaded hoofball.

It will be interesting if nothing else the next season, hopefully for the right reasons.

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Mon May 23, 2022 5:19 pm

Great looking forward to season where we can compete on relatively equal terms, lots of local derbies, meeting up with fans from other clubs that are true supporters, angst of the rovers matches, a new manager, new squad and possibly the return of an old owner who actually understands the club.
It would be perfect if Dyche took over at Rovers.

Foreverly Claret
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by Foreverly Claret » Mon May 23, 2022 5:40 pm

Yesterday / this morning , for me , it was desolation about the defeat after a poor performance and , of course , the drop .This afternoon it's a more measured view but the overriding feeling is of apprehension about who we're going to have left that can do a job over 46 Championship games ( happy to hear about Jack Cork ) ; the financial situation of the Club which seems to have been turned on its head and to most of us is incomprehensible and the uncertain management situation...what I've seen of MJ I have liked .The other factor ,of which very few of us have any real knowledge ( ex CT ? ) is just what calibre of player we have waiting in the wings already on our books that can step up and do a job for us..is there anybody there who can give us some hope for the future and rekindle the spark we need because if we didn't go mad with the cash whilst in the PL I really can't see it happening in the Championship ? .If there is anybody then we certainly haven't seen them yet which doesn't surprise me given the pressure to stay in the PL .I'll always be a Claret..its been in my blood and I'm not a pessimist by any means but it would be nice to be able to hope...without having to pray !

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Mon May 23, 2022 5:44 pm

Looking forward to next season with Saturday 3pm ko, night matches and being able to properly get back into watching my team play, instead of having Sky and European competitions dictate

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon May 23, 2022 6:04 pm

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:10 pm
Annoyed the home defeat to Villa and yesterday's surrender was totally unacceptable
Several players failed to deliver the 100% effort required and it was a sickening way to go down
Maxwel's goal was great but I fear its the last we will see of him in a Burnley shirt
I feel worse than yesterday actually. I was hoping to feel better.

But losing Pope and Cornet, possibly Mee (Tarks I’d accepted long ago) are the killers because they could’ve been the fulcrum of a PL team if we’d added players of similar quality.

I’m not so worried about bouncing back, but staying up will be very hard without that group.

Leyland Claret
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Leyland Claret » Mon May 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Still got the biggest chip on my shoulder! A couple of work colleagues tried to engage in conversation about it but they were brushed off with short shrift and threatened with being run over by my fork lift truck :evil:
Come home and still pretty grumpy. Luckily the wife hasn’t said, and knows not to (after saying them after David Batty missed his penalty in the World Cup) those immortal words ‘It’s only a game’ :o

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by leelad » Mon May 23, 2022 6:33 pm

Was feeling flat this morning and snappy with my daughter when she didn't get up for school when I asked her to. I didn't really want to get up for work today 😉
But we have to crack on as they say and see where it takes us. I think an ex Burnley manager once said this.
Disappointed with the performance yesterday. Nerves got to us, but we were set up all wrong which was not ideal.
Won't miss the Prem for thinking at the beginning of each season 'Are there three teams which are worse than us', VAR (good riddance) and some questionable refereeing decisions.
Just want to see the team playing football in the right way, a good mix of experience and youth (if some of these players come through the U23's, fantastic) and winning games. Winning games and putting smiles on people's faces would be nice.
But am feeling pessimistic about our financial situation and the approach our board will take to rebuilding our squad. The first statement of what's to come will be the appointment of our new manager and the thought processes of Pace and the board into this.
So am feeling fed up still, but am hoping for some positivity soon. We need it as pre season and the new season will be here before we know it.

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by Tribesmen » Mon May 23, 2022 9:08 pm

Hard morning just to get out of bed , hey got home at 6.30pm it's been a long day and have to face the gobshites at work tomorrow .

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 23, 2022 11:52 pm

I thought about it and it became more real this morning. I realised after reflection that I didn't feel anything different to how I've felt for a long time. I will not miss being in the Premier League.
My one remaining thought that has never left me since the change in ownership is whether this will leave my club in a big financial mess. I've asked myself many times whether I should be brave like some posters but I always return to my belief that people can be stupid when it comes to money

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Tue May 24, 2022 3:48 am

Honestly the relegation didn't really bother me as it has on previous occasions. Innfact I was and possibly still am more disappointed about the Euros final than yesterday. Had we stayed up I think we would have been due for a bottom place finish next season without massive investment the likes of which we don't have the funds for.

I'm excited for the new season where hopefully we can see a new manager and some exciting young players coming in to play some attacking football and be on the right end of a couple of 4 or 5 nil scorelines for once.