Callum WILSON

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Re: Callum WILSON

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 am

TheFish wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:47 am
How has Weghorst worked out for you? We were linked with him previously and obviously when we bought Wood for £25m, there was a real concern that you'd gone out and got a better player, for less.

Is there a player there who hasn't had chance to shine, or is he a bit limited?

Wilson is deadly, but unfortunately made of glass. He stays fit and he'll score 15-20 a season in a decent team. We need an upgrade if we want to finish top half.
I don't know why you are even thinking about Weghorst, Wilson or Wood.

You have billions, shouldn't you be looking at players like Mbappe?
Then planning on how many to execute next week. Tell me do they hang them or behead them?

TheFish
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheFish » Tue May 24, 2022 9:14 am

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:01 am
I don't know why you are even thinking about Weghorst, Wilson or Wood.

You have billions, shouldn't you be looking at players like Mbappe?
Then planning on how many to execute next week. Tell me do they hang them or behead them?
We need to improve the striker situation, Wilson is great but injury prone, Wood is an option from the bench to shake things up, but we need a reliable goal scorer.

No, Mbappe has signed a contract extension for PSG so he'd cost a fortune in fees and wages. It makes sense to approach this window pragmatically, steady improvement rather risking financial ruin by over-reaching too far too soon.

Saudi Arabia execute people for daring to be who they are, or daring to speak out against the regime. They shouldn't own a football club.
Newcastle United don't execute anybody, not even for the worst of the worst; opposition players who mildly wind up our fans.
This user liked this post: Guller Bull

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed May 25, 2022 1:45 am

TheFish wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:47 am
How has Weghorst worked out for you? We were linked with him previously and obviously when we bought Wood for £25m, there was a real concern that you'd gone out and got a better player, for less.

Is there a player there who hasn't had chance to shine, or is he a bit limited?

Wilson is deadly, but unfortunately made of glass. He stays fit and he'll score 15-20 a season in a decent team. We need an upgrade if we want to finish top half.
You can tell he's a better footballer technically and his play is far more intelligent.
However I think he relies on attacking talent around him and that's something we really lack. He's also strangely not that good in the air given his size.

But his hold up play is on a different level to Wood.. and he can actually pass a ball.

Wood on the other hand is more instinctive, selfish and a more simple thinking striker. He'll make runs behind defensive lines and also has a knack to be in the right place at the right time.. a goal poacher type of player. He suited our team better under Dyche especially as we'd play for second balls all the time with more direct attacks.

Too have Wood as a backup striker is not bad at all, but I expect in the long term you guys will bring in some big names so both Wood and Wilson will move on.

Please ignore the idiots on here mate. How the ownership of a club has anything to do with it's fans is beyond me.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed May 25, 2022 9:49 am

superdimitri wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:45 am
Please ignore the idiots on here mate. How the ownership of a club has anything to do with it's fans is beyond me.
I assume that "idiot" comment is aimed at me? You are probably unaware of his various antagonistic comments on other threads the day after our relegation.
Is it as idiotic as you think?
1/. Saudi royal family puts billions into a fund.
2/. Fund is used to buy Newcastle.
3/. Fan continues to support club
4a/. By implication fan approves of actions of royal family or
4b/. Fan doesn't give a s##t about human rights or where the money has come from.
An empty St James' Park, or even a few protests might send a message to the Saudi's.

Anyhow, you carry on in your isolated manner calling people idiots, don't think about things too deeply.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed May 25, 2022 10:00 am

superdimitri wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:45 am
I assume that "idiot" comment is aimed at me? You are probably unaware of his various antagonistic comments on other threads the day after our relegation.
4b/. Fan doesn't give a s##t about human rights or where the money has come from.
An empty St James' Park, or even a few protests might send a message to the Saudi's.

Anyhow, you carry on in your isolated manner calling people idiots, don't think about things too deeply.

Middle-agedClaret
Been Liked: 314 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Wed May 25, 2022 12:35 pm

Felt so strongly he said it all twice!

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed May 25, 2022 12:45 pm

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed May 25, 2022 1:35 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:45 pm
An ode to 2 Bee Holed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DgIU4E9Mo
:lol: :lol: :lol:

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed May 25, 2022 1:37 pm

Middle-agedClaret wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 12:35 pm
Felt so strongly he said it all twice!
Indeed :lol:

Indeed :lol:

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:00 am

It's very idiotic and childish, fans have no control over who buys the club. I'm sure most Newcastle fans condemn the actions of the country but you really expect them to stop supporting the club they've supported their whole life?

I guess you have a different way of looking at things, I'll support my club no matter what. It's ingrained in my blood. TheFish made many a nice comment on here after our relegation, condemning the actions of some of his own fans. He came in peace and all I can see from his post history is unnecessary attacks on him from our own fans like you.

It would be nice to make this an inviting place for opposition fans for some good discussion and banter, instead you are holding someone accountable for something they have no control over whatsoever, if you can't see that as idiotic then there's little hope.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed May 25, 2022 7:12 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm
It's very idiotic and childish, fans have no ........if you can't see that as idiotic then there's little hope.
I thank you, and your comments have been noted.

TheFish
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheFish » Thu May 26, 2022 11:43 am

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:00 am

I know people who don't give a **** where the money comes from, I know people who've felt they've had to walk away from the club and a whole host of positions between. It's not a binary state.

Trying to boil it down to A or B is reductive.

2 Bee Holed

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Thu May 26, 2022 12:15 pm

TheFish wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:43 am
I know people who don't give a **** where the money comes from, I know people who've felt they've had to walk away from the club and a whole host of positions between. It's not a binary state.

Trying to boil it down to A or B is reductive.
I thank you, and your comments have been noted.