Summer 2022 Burnley Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Re: Summer 2022 Burnley Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

Post by taio » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:29 am

Steddyman wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:27 pm
Yes, it is true. I've seen various quotes from him over the years saying when he goes home he doesn't watch football and doesn't talk about football. Her is one quote from here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-campbell
---
Now we are in Sean Dyche’s home near Northampton, and the first thing thought you have is that if this was David Frost’s old show, Through the Keyhole, you would never guess that a former footballer and current manager lived here. “You won’t find any memorabilia in here,” he says, as he goes about making us a coffee. “No pictures, no old shirts, none of that. I’m not one of those football people who thinks and talks nothing but football. When I’m here, it’s not just my home, it’s the family home.
---
That quote doesn't say he doesn't watch or talk about football at home.

But in any case what's your point - what's wrong with him not living and breathing football in the family home, especially when the article you posted says his wife and daughter aren't that keen on football?

Bizarre.

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:59 am

Steddyman wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:45 am
It means football wasn't his passion. It clearly is VK's and players respect passion. If they aren't passionate about the game, if it is just a job, a footballer isn't going to be very good. Footballers need to love the game and they will naturally be attracted to managers that share that passion.
Yes, we've been absolutely devoid of passionate players and management this past decade... :roll:

Sheff_bfc
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Sheff_bfc » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:21 am

colne-claret wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:57 pm
My father in law is a Wednesday season ticket holder. Said he’s a decent shot stopper but terrible with his feet. Doesn’t sound like what Kompany is looking for.
I was at Owlerton dogs stadium last night. The general consensus amongst the 20 Wednesday fans I was with was......I'd drive him back to Burnley myself.
This user liked this post: warksclaret

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:22 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:34 am
Fry - zero chance of Boro/Wilder doing business with a promotion rival, if so you are talking 15m+, that’s if the player would even want to leave

Piroe - Swansea want 15m+, where is this cash coming from? Do you realise a 15m player also wants 15m player wages, ie 40k+ per week? That’s not fitting with creating a more sustainable wage bill and would put him as the top earner by far.

Who else?
I think you make your point clearly , is there any scenario that might make you change your mind about bringing more quality into the team. I'm thinking players who have shown they can do it at Championship level rather than have the potential to do it.

There is a reasonable chance that the club may have another £40 million coming in over the next week or two from sales.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:25 am

Mattster wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:59 am
[quote=Steddyman post_id=<a href="tel:1849565">1849565</a> time=<a href="tel:1656719147">1656719147</a> user_id=631]
It means football wasn't his passion. It clearly is VK's and players respect passion. If they aren't passionate about the game, if it is just a job, a footballer isn't going to be very good. Footballers need to love the game and they will naturally be attracted to managers that share that passion.
Yes, we've been absolutely devoid of passionate players and management this past decade... :roll:
[/quote]
taio wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:29 am
[quote=Steddyman post_id=<a href="tel:1849313">1849313</a> time=<a href="tel:1656700067">1656700067</a> user_id=631]
Yes, it is true. I've seen various quotes from him over the years saying when he goes home he doesn't watch football and doesn't talk about football. Her is one quote from here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-campbell
---
Now we are in Sean Dyche’s home near Northampton, and the first thing thought you have is that if this was David Frost’s old show, Through the Keyhole, you would never guess that a former footballer and current manager lived here. “You won’t find any memorabilia in here,” he says, as he goes about making us a coffee. “No pictures, no old shirts, none of that. I’m not one of those football people who thinks and talks nothing but football. When I’m here, it’s not just my home, it’s the family home.
---
That quote doesn't say he doesn't watch or talk about football at home.

But in any case what's your point - what's wrong with him not living and breathing football in the family home, especially when the article you posted says his wife and daughter aren't that keen on football?

Bizarre.
[/quote]
claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:11 am
Jesus you’ve posted some weird stuff in the past but now whinging that Dyche isn’t a football man because he said when he gets home to his wife and kids he’s a family man.

Do you have pictures of your job all over your house ?

Can we keep on topic please. If you want to start a conversation about the differences between 2 managers, a separate thread be created?

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:30 am

Sheff_bfc wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:21 am
I was at Owlerton dogs stadium last night. The general consensus amongst the 20 Wednesday fans I was with was......I'd drive him back to Burnley myself.
Didn't he get the most clean sheets in a single season in their entire history last season

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:36 am

I don't know what SD and Bownhill have done to warrant all the negativity on this thread but it's getting boring. Lots of young incoming players with plenty of potential which we have needed for years and reading peoples opinions on them would be more interesting than having to trawl through the constant drivel about SD, Brownhill and who might be leaving.

Any positivity I have from our signings soon disappears when I have to trawl through the constant differing opinions on our previous manager and players.
These 3 users liked this post: louieollie Gibbo tiger76

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:36 am

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:22 am
I think you make your point clearly , is there any scenario that might make you change your mind about bringing more quality into the team. I'm thinking players who have shown they can do it at Championship level rather than have the potential to do it.

There is a reasonable chance that the club may have another £40 million coming in over the next week or two from sales.
Having shown they can do it at Championship doesn’t guarantee they have more quality than a player who hasn’t had that opportunity. Using your logic Collins didn’t have the quality to play in the Prem last season, just the potential, and on the whole he did ok.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:45 am

The promotion winning clubs Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest both realised the importance of having experienced players in defence by signing Gary Cahill and Steve Cook respectively for their Championship campaigns.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:49 am

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:22 am

Depends where we are supposedly shopping for this known quality. I would have liked Jed Wallace on a free but then again he’s landed a 4 year deal probably on upwards of 30k a week, at 28 years old I just don’t think we are prepared to do that anymore.

In terms of the current squad, IF there are no more outgoings aside from Cornet, I’m pretty content there’s enough experience and quality there to push for promotion (I’m also including the potential arrivals of Muleka / Bastien). Another keeper to replace Hennessey (Muric) and possibly centre mid for rotation with Cork (Cullen would be nice). If there’s are outgoings with key players for big money then that’s when I’d want a decent spend on quality replacements - but even then I don’t expect 15m signings (would be our record) at this level.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:54 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:49 am
Depends where we are supposedly shopping for this known quality. I would have liked Jed Wallace on a free but then again he’s landed a 4 year deal probably on upwards of 30k a week, at 28 years old I just don’t think we are prepared to do that anymore.

In terms of the current squad, IF there are no more outgoings aside from Cornet, I’m pretty content there’s enough experience and quality there to push for promotion (I’m also including the potential arrivals of Muleka / Bastien). Another keeper to replace Hennessey (Muric) and possibly centre mid for rotation with Cork (Cullen would be nice). If there’s are outgoings with key players for big money then that’s when I’d want a decent spend on quality replacements - but even then I don’t expect 15m signings (would be our record) at this level.
If we lost any of Cornet, McNeil, Collins I would be surprised if we didn’t sign any proven talent. We have signed some promising young talent but without ready to go players (like a Wallace) I dread to think where we would end up this season.

Sheff_bfc
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Sheff_bfc » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:56 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:30 am
Didn't he get the most clean sheets in a single season in their entire history last season
He wasn't sure of the exact stats but one of the group made a similar point last night.

ervi34
Been Liked: 97 times
Has Liked: 104 times

Post by ervi34 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:08 am

NFFC close to signing Troyes right-back Giulian Biancone according to Sky.

This probably means they are not going for Roberts, if they were ever keen in the first place (seen some speculation because their manager worked with him at Swansea).

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 am

Sheff_bfc wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:56 am
He wasn't sure of the exact stats but one of the group made a similar point last night.
Just looked, he equaled the club record of 17 clean sheets so not to shabby, they must be a fussy lot those that wanted to drive him back

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:21 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:49 am

I think that's fair enough.

It would be good if it's just Cornet leaving. Definitely leaves us with a good number of players of the right age and fitness who should make a difference in the Championship.

Yes, expectations would rise if there's more than Cornet sold. I'm also not sure about spending as much as 15m and if that's the going rate for a proven striker I would find it exciting if we could pull a really good loan signing out of the bag.

I have a good feeling about Twine despite my reservations about all these potentially good signings we are making , not that I don't think it's a bad thing to sign a player with potential, rather I think it's a risk signing too many of them.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:27 am

I'm very disappointed to find Henessey could be off. I felt he'd be an excellent, experienced ready made replacement for Pope and you definitely need that between the sticks if you're going to mount a serious promotion bid. Strange one imo, unless his wages are extremely high and we need to save on that.

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:28 am

Elizabeth all signings are risks, next season I'd be happy with a top half finish be entertained and win the odd Derby or two, next season will be a bedding in season for player's and staff, the season after that is the one we go for promotion.
Last edited by ClaretMov on Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
These 3 users liked this post: Down_Rover tiger76 louieollie

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:28 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:36 am
Having shown they can do it at Championship doesn’t guarantee they have more quality than a player who hasn’t had that opportunity. Using your logic Collins didn’t have the quality to play in the Prem last season, just the potential, and on the whole he did ok.
I agree , Collins was one of the few high points of last season.

I would see the difference being that Collins had a lot of experienced players to support him.

Yes , let's encourage potential as long as it is managed effectively.

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 126 times

Post by KlyBfc » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:32 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:15 am
Just looked, he equaled the club record of 17 clean sheets so not to shabby, they must be a fussy lot those that wanted to drive him back
The Wednesday fan I work with who goes home and away said he’d happily sign him for the right price however he wouldn’t pay anywhere near a million for him and if he didn’t stay / resign etc he wouldn’t be that fussed. Thinks lg1 is his level.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:33 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:28 am
Elizabeth all signings are risks, next season I'd be happy with a top half finish be entertained and win the odd Derby or two, next season will be a bedding in season for player's and staff, the season after that is the one we go for promotion.
A few weeks ago many were predicting a high league position next season. At the time I predicted a mid table position which didn't seem to attract much support.

So I'm saying pretty much the same as you
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

ClaretMov

Post by ClaretMov » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:36 am

nig1954
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by nig1954 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 am

I see rumours are spreading on social media that Ben Mee has agreed a new contract with Leicester City FC. Good luck to him if that’s the case Gave his all during his tenure with us.I wish him all the best for the future

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:39 am

I’m less concerned about the relative inexperience of who we’re signing because the squad is stacked full of that already. If we assume Cornet and Weghorst are going, we still have:

Rodriguez
Cork
Brownhill
Taylor
Long
Roberts
Barnes
Gudmundsson
Lowton
Westwood

These are highly experienced lads (hell, McNeil might only be 22 but he’s played a lot of games and had a lot of experiences already himself) and what has been lacking is energy, dynamism and pace to go alongside that ‘solid’ core. I think we’re going after exactly the right ‘types’ to supplement the experience we already have.

Now, I’ll caveat this with the suggestion that IF we were to sell the likes of Brownhill, Roberts, McNeil etc - I’d expect us to get ‘proper’ ready to go replacements in for them. However, there’s nothing particularly worrying to suggest they’re going in my opinion, just the odd mega list of clubs spuriously put forth as ‘interested’. I’d settle back and realise we’re not stacking ‘kids’ on top of kids here, we’re ensuring there is a good mix as opposed to being ridiculously overstocked with older heads (which we were).
These 3 users liked this post: Conroysleftfoot tiger76 BertiesBeehole

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:42 am

nig1954 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 am
I see rumours are spreading on social media that Ben Mee has agreed a new contract with Leicester City FC. Good luck to him if that’s the case Gave his all during his tenure with us.I wish him all the best for the future
Perhaps they've read my post on here yesterday

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2314 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:45 am

nig1954 wrote:
He's made his last PL start for a while then. Barring a lot of injuries at the crisp place.
His call mind.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:55 am

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:39 am
I’m less concerned about the relative inexperience of who we’re signing because the squad is stacked full of that already. If we assume Cornet and Weghorst are going, we still have:

Rodriguez
Cork
Brownhill
Taylor
Long
Roberts
Barnes
Gudmundsson
Lowton
Westwood

These are highly experienced lads (hell, McNeil might only be 22 but he’s played a lot of games and had a lot of experiences already himself) and what has been lacking is energy, dynamism and pace to go alongside that ‘solid’ core. I think we’re going after exactly the right ‘types’ to supplement the experience we already have.

Now, I’ll caveat this with the suggestion that IF we were to sell the likes of Brownhill, Roberts, McNeil etc - I’d expect us to get ‘proper’ ready to go replacements in for them. However, there’s nothing particularly worrying to suggest they’re going in my opinion, just the odd mega list of clubs spuriously put forth as ‘interested’. I’d settle back and realise we’re not stacking ‘kids’ on top of kids here, we’re ensuring there is a good mix as opposed to being ridiculously overstocked with older heads (which we were).
Your point is a very good one . I would simply add that it's not the sale of any of the players you listed that worries me the most but that of Collins.
Energy and pace has been in short supply and it's looking like we will have more of that going forward.
Nous at the back doesn't depend though on these attributes and with our best 3 defenders already gone, losing Collins would be a big blow.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:03 am

jedi_master wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:39 am

Rodriguez
Cork
Brownhill
Taylor
Long
Roberts
Barnes
Gudmundsson
Lowton
Westwood

Agree with your post. On further outgoings I’d imagine it’ll be obviously Cornet who has a release fee and then for the others offers we just simply can’t turn down. You also never know once the season starts if they’ll be players we thought we’d no chance of signing who might just fancy playing under Kompany.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:08 am

There’s a Turkish Twitter account with 1.3m followers saying Muleka has rejected a move to us because he wants to move to Besiktas.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:12 am

agreenwood wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:08 am
There’s a Turkish Twitter account with 1.3m followers saying Muleka has rejected a move to us because he wants to move to Besiktas.
That’d be a shame. Looks good on the clips.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:16 am

TomMcGibbon wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:36 pm
Maybe he’s been making coco pops for the young pups
No way, too much sugar. All footballers are now trained in what diets to follow to achieve their peak performances. I'd expect Belgian chips with mayonnaise may be possible, but only if the chips are made from sweet potato and the mayonnaise is low fat and lactose free. ;)

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:19 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:15 am
I didn’t realise that Brentford had already achieved the premier league riches and parachute payments to strengthen their team, having shifted on many of the top earners. And I also missed their instant promotion having signed those players.
So unexpected of you not to answer the actual question

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:22 am

agreenwood wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:08 am
Clearly wasn’t doing a medical and ready to sign for us then. I hate football rumours sometimes.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:28 am

Dark Cloud wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:27 am
I'm very disappointed to find Henessey could be off. I felt he'd be an excellent, experienced ready made replacement for Pope and you definitely need that between the sticks if you're going to mount a serious promotion bid. Strange one imo, unless his wages are extremely high and we need to save on that.
Wayne Henessey was signed as back up to Nick Pope when we were in the Premier League. His wages wouldn't have been "extremely high" when he was signed and will have been subject to the relegation clause most/all of Burnley's players' contracts include.

Of course, if a Premier League club wants to sign him he will get the opportunity to get a Premier League wage. If Vincent Kompany wants to rebuild the team it makes sense that he brings in a goalkeeper that fits his plans.

UTC

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:28 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:22 am
Clearly wasn’t doing a medical and ready to sign for us then. I hate football rumours sometimes.
Could be a load of ********. Suspect Besiktas fans and media might be genuinely affronted at the thought of him joining little Burnley over them.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:37 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:22 am
Rumours like he has rejected us?, I hate them to

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:39 am

It Is What It Is wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:42 pm
Yes ... Well Done Alan Pace!
AP is a very astute business man and for him and the board to get VK on a 4 year contract is nothing short of outstanding!
You don't get anywhere without risk taking.
Not too much of a risk with VK at all.
No way on God's earth would we have the the signings and deals we have in the bag without the clout of V K.
Just love it AP!!!
Watch out Premier League 2023/24.
I fully agree. When we got relegated readers on here thought we would struggle to attract faces, as we were playing a poor brand of football, were in major debt, and generally we had a lengthy history of being inept in the transfer market. We have just signed 4 great prospects, all of whom have been full of praise for VK, and stated how impressed they were. To quote all four "they are buzzing with excitement". Its a great step forward with more to follow I suspect

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:45 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:30 am
I think the Wednesday fans saw both extremes. He was sensational when he joined but it was interspersed with a number of howlers too.He does have great games in him, but the consistency and confidence go missing at times

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:48 am

I thought Hennessey would have been good for us in the Championship but the chance to stay in the PL, just an injury away from playing every week and on the increased wages, must have turned his head. Shame.

Steffen is being heavily linked with Boro.

Smile
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by Smile » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:56 am

I wonder if Muleka no longer wanting to come has an impact on the Bastien fella.

1HappyClaret
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by 1HappyClaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:00 am

Smile wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:56 am
I wonder if Muleka no longer wanting to come has an impact on the Bastien fella.
I think he had part of hius medical last week so I would take that he has rejected us as a load of rubbish. Besiktas maybe upset that we have got him and struggling to get Weghorst over the line.

Smile

Post by Smile » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:01 am

1HappyClaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:00 am
I think he had part of hius medical last week so I would take that he has rejected us as a load of rubbish. Besiktas maybe upset that we have got him and struggling to get Weghorst over the line.
But didn't they have the first part of the medical abroad? With the second part to be done over here? Which would suggest they've not even travelled over here yet.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:05 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:45 am
The promotion winning clubs Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest both realised the importance of having experienced players in defence by signing Gary Cahill and Steve Cook respectively for their Championship campaigns.
I agree with that and its a great pity we didn't offer Mee a better deal from that point of view.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:14 am

Just had a search around the Muleka story and it states that he wants to play for Besiktas, and they await a decision from Standard Liege.

If Besiktas haven’t agreed a few with Standard then there is nothing doing with that . This is from a Turkish journalist , possibly trying to stir the pot in order to get Weghorst done on Besiktas behalf , these things have been known to happen after all

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:41 am

Hedontplayforyou wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:14 am
Just had a search around the Muleka story and it states that he wants to play for Besiktas, and they await a decision from Standard Liege.

If Besiktas haven’t agreed a few with Standard then there is nothing doing with that . This is from a Turkish journalist , possibly trying to stir the pot in order to get Weghorst done on Besiktas behalf , these things have been known to happen after all
Loads of Turkish media were claiming that Mukela was in Instanbul to complete his move and it turned out he has a Standard's training centre.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6895 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:42 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Nice idea. But if we hold onto some of our assets this season, there’s a good chance they’ll be off if we don’t win promotion. I’m not expecting us to be running away with the league, but I think our chances of promotion decrease every season that passes. I think the competition is probably as weak as it will be this season too.

Smile

Post by Smile » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:47 am

ClaretMov wrote:
I'd be ok with a top 6 finish and look like we're the real deal in terms of how we are playing.

I wouldn't be happy with just a top-half finish, no chance.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:52 am

nig1954 wrote:
He won't play.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:52 am

Chris Boden says the impression he gets is to treat that info with a pinch of salt (Muleka - Besiktas story)

clive40golf
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by clive40golf » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:55 am

It Is What It Is wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:42 pm
Yes ... Well Done Alan Pace!
AP is a very astute business man and for him and the board to get VK on a 4 year contract is nothing short of outstanding!
You don't get anywhere without risk taking.
Not too much of a risk with VK at all.
No way on God's earth would we have the the signings and deals we have in the bag without the clout of V K.
Just love it AP!!!
Watch out Premier League 2023/24.

I wouldn’t go that far about Pace. I believe he has an agenda favouring his share holders rather than the interest of Burnley football club, but that’s a different topic.
The signings from City are really exciting, & the league 1 player of the year has some substance. I can’t comment on the other speculations because I don’t watch much European football.
But to put it into context ( irrespective of wether it would happen or not) How excited would you be if Dyche got rid of a lot of the first team squad including some of our better players, and replaced them with cheaper replacements and lower league players of this country and others?

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:55 am

Sheff_bfc wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:21 am
I’m at Owlerton dogs tonight I’ll ask about and see what they say tonight :lol: :lol: