Summer 2022 Burnley Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Re: Summer 2022 Burnley Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

Post by dandeclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:53 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:39 am
I fully agree. When we got relegated readers on here thought we would struggle to attract faces, as we were playing a poor brand of football, were in major debt, and generally we had a lengthy history of being inept in the transfer market. We have just signed 4 great prospects, all of whom have been full of praise for VK, and stated how impressed they were. To quote all four "they are buzzing with excitement". Its a great step forward with more to follow I suspect
There is a difference between attracting players, and attracting players of suitable quality. Only time will tell if we're the cleverest people in the room, unearthing players to build on where the squad was, or whether we've just signed cheap players, creating a larger gap between parachute payments and the wage bill..... people will have differing views, opinions, biases... but as they say, doctors differ, patients die.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:13 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:34 am
Fry - zero chance of Boro/Wilder doing business with a promotion rival, if so you are talking 15m+, that’s if the player would even want to leave

Piroe - Swansea want 15m+, where is this cash coming from? Do you realise a 15m player also wants 15m player wages, ie 40k+ per week? That’s not fitting with creating a more sustainable wage bill and would put him as the top earner by far.

Who else?
Boro are a selling club. They're always willing to do business.

a £15m player wants £15m player wages? where did you get that from lol just completely made up. 40k a week would absolutely not put him as the biggest earner by far?? Also we don't know what either club would want, you're just making it up.

I think you forget, 2 signings like this would be direct ready made replacements for Collins and Cornet. We've also lost a ton of other higher earners.

You sell Collins for £30m, put £20m towards the debt, spend £10m on ready made central defender (who can also be young and have resale value). If you don't operate this way, you can kiss goodbye to promotion chances anytime soon.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Can't believe I've just read two pages of transfer rumour thread and not one rumour or update on existing rumours.
This user liked this post: louieollie

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:22 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:13 pm
Boro are a selling club. They're always willing to do business.

a £15m player wants £15m player wages? where did you get that from lol just completely made up. 40k a week would absolutely not put him as the biggest earner by far?? Also we don't know what either club would want, you're just making it up.

I think you forget, 2 signings like this would be direct ready made replacements for Collins and Cornet. We've also lost a ton of other higher earners.

You sell Collins for £30m, put £20m towards the debt, spend £10m on ready made central defender (who can also be young and have resale value). If you don't operate this way, you can kiss goodbye to promotion chances anytime soon.
Yes 15m players will of course be demanding higher pay. 40k a week would easily put someone as our highest paid player after relegation. 15m is just a forecast based on what they wanted for him previously, how much we bought Gibson for and the fact we are a promotion rival. Don’t think it’s a mad figure that’s made up out of thin air.

Selling Collins for 30m will trigger a sell on clause to Stoke, let’s guess at 20% on profit, 4m ish, plus we still owe them 9m for the original transfer. That’s 13m out of the sale already. Take 10m out for debt as you say and that’s 7m left for a player / agent fee on one player.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:24 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:44 pm
There’s an ugly bully-type culture on this messageboard at the moment. Not very pleasant. A discussion can only have 3 or 4 responses before accusations of bickering and personal abuse, such as someone calling another a tosser for absolutely no reason, or telling me to grow up for responding to someone else with a perfectly reasonable post.

Seems like some of you only want to see exactly what you want to read on here. Maybe Twitter would be a better place for you.

I’m not going to stop posting on here, so if you don’t like what I say just block me. I’ve posted on this board and the other for a lot of years and think in that time I may have served a single 24 hour ban (can’t remember what for) - so I’m not breaking any rules.

I’d appreciate if the moderators took a look at this because discussions are just being shut down constantly. I understand that posts sometimes go a little off topic, but this is a thread about transfer window discussions, so it’s not particularly off topic to compare previous transfer strategies.

I have every right to reply to people who quote me, particularly if they’re making arguments against something I haven’t claimed.

Peace and love to all ✌️
It's very much new accounts too, Smile, Coshack, LouieOllie to name a few. Likely previous banned users gunning for certain posters.

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 10008 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:25 pm

taio wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:36 am
Agree completely that promotion this coming season has to be the aim and expectation.
I too absolutely agree with this and if we aim for mediocrity, that is quite likely where we'll finish. My belief is that although the new lads may be a little wet behind the ears, the older players such as Jay and Jack will balance that with their experience and knowledge, much in the same way that Jay was guided by his mentor Ade Akinbiyi.

Coshack
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Coshack » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:30 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:24 pm
It's very much new accounts too, Smile, Coshack, LouieOllie to name a few. Likely previous banned users gunning for certain posters.
Been on over a year. Hardly post because nearly every thread descends into childish bickering from posters like yourself. Obviously you have no life because you're never off here.
These 2 users liked this post: Smile Juan Tanamera

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:30 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:22 pm
Yes 15m players will of course be demanding higher pay. 40k a week would easily put someone as our highest paid player after relegation. 15m is just a forecast based on what they wanted for him previously, how much we bought Gibson for and the fact we are a promotion rival. Don’t think it’s a mad figure that’s made up out of thin air.

Selling Collins for 30m will trigger a sell on clause to Stoke, let’s guess at 20% on profit, 4m ish, plus we still owe them 9m for the original transfer. That’s 13m out of the sale already. Take 10m out for debt as you say and that’s 7m left for a player / agent fee on one player.
Piroe is in his last year and apparently earns £10,000 a week. If we are serious about promotion, we need a somewhat proven goalscorer in England. There's no way they get £15m for him with his current contract situation and I'd be very surprised if he demanded a 4x wage increase. The signings so far are great, if we bring in £50m of sales from Cornet and Collins, there needs to be a striker and central defender brought in who know this division and have a track record in this division imo. You can't take punts in key areas without an almost nailed on player. Look at the impact Gray made, and you're telling me our promotion chances rely on Rodriguez and Barnes scoring enough goals? lol

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:33 pm

dandeclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:53 pm
There is a difference between attracting players, and attracting players of suitable quality. Only time will tell if we're the cleverest people in the room, unearthing players to build on where the squad was, or whether we've just signed cheap players, creating a larger gap between parachute payments and the wage bill..... people will have differing views, opinions, biases... but as they say, doctors differ, patients die.
I respect what you are saying Dandeclaret, however we have had to cut our cloth according to the financial position we are in. However we must accept that there is now an urgency to our recruitment and transfer business. How many windows have we gone through recently in desperation of younger quality players, with very little materialising. The 4 players so far seem to have real pedigree. We could have the next Trippier and Mee on our hands who Eddie Howe plucked from Man City reserves/youth team.In Twine we may have the next Danny Ings, plucked as a youngster from Bournemouth reserves

By cutting our cloth I mean we are looking for the next Jarrod Bowen when playing for Hereford, not the one who went on to make a name at Hull then move to WHU for big money (he must surely be worth £40m-£50m today. We now have a manager too who can really sell the club, and as we have been hearing we had lost this ability in the previous 18 months, with Christie being a good example, and maybe Orsic too.Time will tell, but we could so easily still be in a position waiting for our first recruit with names like Joe Allen, Delph and Carroll being muted
These 4 users liked this post: ClaretMov tiger76 LaLigaClaret k90bfc

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:35 pm

Coshack wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:30 pm
Been on over a year. Hardly post because nearly every thread descends into childish bickering from posters like yourself. Obviously you have no life because you're never off here.
It's a discussion between adults about football on a football forum, we aren't insulting each other. Keyboard warrior

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:39 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:44 pm
There’s an ugly bully-type culture on this messageboard at the moment. Not very pleasant. A discussion can only have 3 or 4 responses before accusations of bickering and personal abuse, such as someone calling another a tosser for absolutely no reason, or telling me to grow up for responding to someone else with a perfectly reasonable post.

Seems like some of you only want to see exactly what you want to read on here. Maybe Twitter would be a better place for you.

I’m not going to stop posting on here, so if you don’t like what I say just block me. I’ve posted on this board and the other for a lot of years and think in that time I may have served a single 24 hour ban (can’t remember what for) - so I’m not breaking any rules.

I’d appreciate if the moderators took a look at this because discussions are just being shut down constantly. I understand that posts sometimes go a little off topic, but this is a thread about transfer window discussions, so it’s not particularly off topic to compare previous transfer strategies.

I have every right to reply to people who quote me, particularly if they’re making arguments against something I haven’t claimed.

Peace and love to all ✌️
Good post.

May not always agree Riley but you raise some valid points and ideas most of the time
This user liked this post: Rileybobs

jackmiggins
Been Liked: 197 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by jackmiggins » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:41 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:35 pm
It's a discussion between adults about football on a football forum, we aren't insulting each other. Keyboard warrior
Not so much any discussion, rather certain posters repeatedly shoving their opinions down people’s throats!

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:42 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Piroe is in his last year and apparently earns £10,000 a week. If we are serious about promotion, we need a somewhat proven goalscorer in England. There's no way they get £15m for him with his current contract situation and I'd be very surprised if he demanded a 4x wage increase. The signings so far are great, if we bring in £50m of sales from Cornet and Collins, there needs to be a striker and central defender brought in who know this division and have a track record in this division imo. You can't take punts in key areas without an almost nailed on player. Look at the impact Gray made, and you're telling me our promotion chances rely on Rodriguez and Barnes scoring enough goals? lol
Piroe has 2 years left. Reports online I could find suggest Swansea want upwards of 15m and the clubs linked have been PL. Let’s wait to see what happens - we are only on the 2nd July, have 4 promising signings in and two more lined up! Long way to go yet (2 months in the window).

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:42 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Agree we need to sign a goalscorer similar to when we signed Gray last time.
These 2 users liked this post: KRBFC Quicknick

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:45 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:33 pm
I respect what you are saying Dandeclaret, however we have had to cut our cloth according to the financial position we are in. However we must accept that there is now an urgency to our recruitment and transfer business. How many windows have we gone through recently in desperation of younger quality players, with very little materialising. The 4 players so far seem to have real pedigree. We could have the next Trippier and Mee on our hands who Eddie Howe plucked from Man City reserves/youth team.In Twine we may have the next Danny Ings, plucked as a youngster from Bournemouth reserves

By cutting our cloth I mean we are looking for the next Jarrod Bowen when playing for Hereford, not the one who went on to make a name at Hull then move to WHU for big money (he must surely be worth £40m-£50m today. We now have a manager too who can really sell the club, and as we have been hearing we had lost this ability in the previous 18 months, with Christie being a good example, and maybe Orsic too.Time will tell, but we could so easily still be in a position waiting for our first recruit with names like Joe Allen, Delph and Carroll being muted
We could, and we all hope we've got the next Tee, Trippier, Ings and better. However, We could have the next Luke Chadwick, John O'Kane, Dan Agyei, Dean Bowditch, Chris Long or Neil Wood. And whilst it's reasonable to gamble on those players, when you're scrambling to reach the levels that we have been at in the last decade, I am not as convinced it's reasonable to do the same to try and return to those levels. If we pick up players earlier in their development, then I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to click at the same time, and therefore sacrifice the chance to return to the premier league. Once you miss that chance, squads tend to get weaker as the years go on, not stronger, as those who do progress get sold, and you're left with another rebuild, and the players not good enough. And if people are going to state, there's no point getting to the premier league, then I would ask you, what is the point of following elite level sport, if the objective is not to achieve the best results possible. As for Dyche, Christie is the one example. Collins and Cornet came in over the last 18 months, and signing players of that level of potential, is currently unproven by the new management team. The new approach is high risk - it may be high return, it may be high disaster. It may be the big decision that puts the club back at square one, it could be the big decision that creates a whole new legacy. I am a betting man, and at present, I know where my stakes would be.

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 305 times

Post by cblantfanclub » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:45 pm

I don’t think it’s particularly a bullying culture, more the nature of an internet message board. It affords anonymity so is populated by people with multiple accounts, people who pretend to be Burnley supporters, people who sit by their computers for a long time because of need for social contact etc., being controversial for the sake of it to feed their need to be recognised in some form. Although I’d guess the majority on here are genuine the trolls are not always obvious and sometimes it’s best to make your case and move on, something certain posters find impossible. I always find it strange as one controversial poster calms down another takes his place. I think Claret Tony is the only person on here I’m sure is real.
It’s not that important that captain pieface disagrees with you – whoever he may really be. Take it easy .UTC young or old, experienced or not.
These 4 users liked this post: AwayClaret KRBFC welsbyswife JimmyRobbo

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:50 pm

I have mentioned this a few times lately and I get derisive responses, mainly form the bullies themselves but this message board does have a fair few cyber bullies. One is particularly bad, and they know who they are because other people have mentioned it as well. In general, he/ she thinks their behaviour is normal and socially acceptable, especially when some posters egg them on. What is worrying and I have mentioned this as a concern for them, is that bullies’ behaviour usually stems from their own problems. bullies tend to be depressed or anxious. They often have trouble controlling their emotions and impulses and find it hard to follow rules. Go and talk to your parents because they probably don’t even know what your issues are. They can help you.

AwayClaret
Been Liked: 163 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by AwayClaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:52 pm

This board also have people pretending to be something that they aren't. That's like seriously immature and weird.
These 3 users liked this post: KRBFC tiger76 Greenmile

Smile
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by Smile » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:56 pm

This is more to do with the summer transfer window, so apologies for going off-topic.

Chelsea identify Maxwel Cornet as Raphinha alternative?
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/c ... ml?newsnow

Personally, I think I'd prefer Raphinha.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:07 pm

Smile wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:56 pm
This is more to do with the summer transfer window, so apologies for going off-topic.

Chelsea identify Maxwel Cornet as Raphinha alternative?
https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/c ... ml?newsnow

Personally, I think I'd prefer Raphinha.
Yes the Cornet to Chelsea links have emerged over recent days, I can see them snapping him up as a cheap option later in the window, but if he goes there he may well find himself as a squad player.

Cornet has a release clause of less than £20m, whereas Raphinha will probably cost Chelsea triple that if Leeds stick to their guns.

Smile

Post by Smile » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:07 pm
Cornet has a release clause of less than £20m, whereas Raphinha will probably cost Chelsea triple that if Leeds stick to their guns.
£17.5m for Cornet. Around £60m being quoted for Raphinha but it doesn't seem to be Leeds sticking to their guns - more about personal terms.
This user liked this post: It Is What It Is

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:40 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:12 pm
Not sure what argument you’re having here. I’m just saying that there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Kompany can attract players to Burnley that Dyche couldn’t.
How about we don't have to wait the entire window to sign them, but we can now sign them without having to wait for other teams to lose interest?

Smile

Post by Smile » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:44 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:40 pm
How about we don't have to wait the entire window to sign them, but we can now sign them without having to wait for other teams to lose interest?
It's ******* obvious that Kompany is the reason for at least 2 of the signings. Any person with an IQ over 99 will realise that.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:58 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:07 pm
Yes the Cornet to Chelsea links have emerged over recent days, I can see them snapping him up as a cheap option later in the window, but if he goes there he may well find himself as a squad player.

Chelsea rotate more than most other clubs bar Citeh. Being in that squad is still a step up for him. I’d love to keep him but the money could come in useful.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:00 pm

Back onto rumours, a Turkish journo with a tick tweeted

‘According to the information I received from the Muleka front, a work permit is expected from England for the transfer of the player to Burnley. Coming back from here would be a miracle.

If Beşiktaş had been able to get out of Alex Teixeira's contract a week before, they could have acted more aggressively for Muleka.‘

As well, a Belgian reporter for HLN tweeted that, according to info from Liege, the Muleka and Bastien deals are close to completion.
These 5 users liked this post: Smile warksclaret Steddyman Colburn_Claret Quicknick

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:03 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:58 pm
Chelsea rotate more than most other clubs bar Citeh. Being in that squad is still a step up for him. I’d love to keep him but the money could come in useful.
If he's in demand and wants to go then no probs, as his fee could well allow us to fund another 2/3 signings, plus getting one of the larger earners off the books.

Jmw
Been Liked: 9 times

Besiktas

Post by Jmw » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:12 pm

Putting it on here as transfer thread is locked..

Cenk tosun signed for besiktas. Surely unlikely they sign him, Wout and Muleka?

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1393 times

Wayne Hennessy to Forest?

Post by AfloatinClaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:46 pm

The transfer rumours thread is locked? Just seen a Football League World article suggesting that Hennessy is going to Notts Forest; seems a bad idea to me now Nick Pope's gone.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Re: Wayne Hennessy to Forest?

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:47 pm

I think we're heavily linked with a Man City GK

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:50 pm

AfloatinClaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:46 pm
The transfer rumours thread is locked? Just seen a Football League World article suggesting that Hennessy is going to Notts Forest; seems a bad idea to me now Nick Pope's gone.
I've seen that rumour as well, but Forest have just signed Henderson from Man Utd on loan, so it would be slightly bizarre if they wanted WH in addition to him.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:52 pm

Presume forest have their existing keeper as no 2 to Henderson ? Be an odd move for Hennessy

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:55 pm

Reported by John Percy so I’d say it’s happening.

tiger76

Re: Besiktas

Post by tiger76 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:56 pm

Jmw wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:12 pm
Putting it on here as transfer thread is locked..

Cenk tosun signed for besiktas. Surely unlikely they sign him, Wout and Muleka?
They're welcome to Wout, and we'll have Muleka in that case.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:57 pm

Boden reckons we’d only let Hennessey out if we have one coming in. That suggests to me the deal with Muric isn’t too far away.

Longsidejono
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Cornet to…

Post by Longsidejono » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:27 pm

Chelsea?

Sun and cornet maybe too much excitement

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footbal ... nsfer/amp/

Longsidejono
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Re: Cornet to…