Well done Alan Pace.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
It Is What It Is
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 407 times

Well done Alan Pace.

Post by It Is What It Is » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:52 am

I personally think that the appointment of Vincent Kompany is a fantastic move.
To get the services of man with such a proven pedigree, football knowledge and massive respect throughout football is exceptionally very good business.
Every appointment is a risk, but Kompany is a less obvious one.
Alan Pace really tried with Orsic but no cigar.
Excellent previous posts on this forum has raised a lot more positivity re the finances, and the glowing testimonies of the Anderlecht fans.
When SD was sacked, I must admit, I thought it was the most idiotic decision in the history of Burnley FC.
However since Sean left, their has been an obvious improvement and confidence in the players, but just not good enough in the end. So Well Done Jackson.
So, starting afresh. I am looking forward to seeing Burnley playing a more passing game cos let's be honest, our passing was woeful by Prem League standards.
So Well Done Alan, new start, new division, new ambitions.
As John Lennon would say.."Give Pace a chance"!
These 5 users liked this post: warksclaret KateR Paul Waine k90bfc mybloodisclaret

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Re: Well done Alan Pace.

Post by jedi_master » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:07 am

I said I'd give him kudos if he attracted Kompany, and he has done, so absolutely well done to him for still managing to bring him in despite relegation. I never thought that would happen once we were consigned to the Championship.

He has a lot to prove still, specifically this summer in the transfer market, and I have huge concerns over our long term sustainability, but I am excited for the new season and optimistic to our chances.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:18 am

Pre-season is the time for positivity. The fact we're singing Pace's praises after being relegated, sacking Dyche, hiring an inexperienced manager and acquiring £90m debt is testament to that.

The problem is, if you try and take a more cautious view, you're going to get hammered for blasphemous doom-mongery. Personally, I feel it's quite the gamble and the Championship is an unforgiving environment for a young manager putting together a largely new squad.
These 6 users liked this post: CleggHall DCWat Lancasterclaret Hapag Lloyd jetblackcat clive40golf

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:39 am

Can’t argue with that Notts, a bit of realism but hope springs eternal!
This user liked this post: KateR

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:46 am

NottsClaret wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:18 am
Pre-season is the time for positivity. The fact we're singing Pace's praises after being relegated, sacking Dyche, hiring an inexperienced manager and acquiring £90m debt is testament to that.

The problem is, if you try and take a more cautious view, you're going to get hammered for blasphemous doom-mongery. Personally, I feel it's quite the gamble and the Championship is an unforgiving environment for a young manager putting together a largely new squad.
Positivity is fine as long as it is substantiated by some reality:

Kompany is not a fantastic signing- he is an interesting signing with potential

He hasn't got a proven pedigree in management he has made a solid start

Every appointment is a risk, and Kompany is no exception

It has been stated that Alan Pace said that other than the departure of Wood there were no January signings planned.

Paying £15 million off the debt incurred to purchase shares rather than on signings is not positive and not worthy of praise

Since Sean left there was no obvious improvement in form. The last 4 games we got 1 point and most agree the season ended in disarray with the manager making some errors. MJ did a great job but the form during his tenure looked on a similar trajectory to Dyche.

Our passing was not woeful by Premier standards - we achieved 35 points and had we spent a few million out of the £80 million in the bank we would probably have survived.

And John Lennon did not say .."Give Pace a chance"; however, he did say Gimme Some Truth, All I want is the truth
This user liked this post: jetblackcat

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:52 am

If you didn’t read this board, most Burnley fans I speak to or see on socials seem to agree with the op and have faith in Pace.
This user liked this post: Downhamclaret

kenyon6923
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by kenyon6923 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:58 am

With all the negativity surrounding the club with obviously relegation and the continuous stories/rumours regarding the owners and the way they are buying the club he's done well with the appointment - in a weird way I think it's a better time for a inexperienced manager to come in now we are a championship club. To still be in the premier league with no Tarks and Mee would have been a real pressure cooker right from day dot.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:06 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:52 am
If you didn’t read this board, most Burnley fans I speak to or see on socials seem to agree with the op and have faith in Pace.
Most of the fans I speak away from this messageboard are very concerned and sceptical about Pace's financial strategy and the debt he has secured against the club. But hope the passage of time demonstrates they didn't need to be concerned.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret tiger76

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:08 am

RVclaret wrote:
I'm not sure how true this is but I agree there is less concern than I would expect.

I'm flummoxed by it. I grew up in a town where the Chairman was despised despite the fact he won the PL equivalent and kept the club in the top division for many many years.

Down the road Man Utd fans formed a break away club against the backdrop of a much more realistic and likely successful leveraged buyout and still protest to this day.

I do not advocate either of the above but the relative lack of concern does intrigue me. Outside of the fanbase no one is positive.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:08 am

taio wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:06 am
Most of the fans I speak away from this messageboard are very concerned and sceptical about Pace's financial strategy and the debt he has secured against the club. But hope the passage of time demonstrates they didn't need to be concerned.
"very concerned" is actually a lot more positive than what I'm hearing tbf!

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:12 am

Not really sure what Pace has done to deserve praise.

If we get promoted that’s the time for posts like this.

It Is What It Is

Post by It Is What It Is » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:13 am

Cannot understand the negativity by some posters re Kompany.
Kompany himself is taking a bigger risk with a debt ridden club, newly relegated, massive player exodus etc etc.
Who else is available then who would satisfy your credentials. Big Sam??? Wayne Rooney??
That’s the realism.
As the saying goes” We’re Burnley, not Barcelona”
These 3 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera KateR k90bfc

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:15 am

It Is What It Is wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:13 am
Kompany himself is taking a bigger risk with a debt ridden club, newly relegated, massive player exodus etc etc.
Who else is available then who would satisfy your credentials. Big Sam??? Wayne Rooney??
That’s the realism.
It’s not negativity.

It’s realism. Kompany is the youngest and most inexperienced manager in the championship. This is a good stepping stone for him. If he fails he’s got plenty of time to recover. Unfortunately Burnley do not.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:15 am

It Is What It Is wrote:
That’s the realism.
Exactly right!

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:15 am

So we are saying that because we've appointed Kompany, we aren't a debt ridden club?

Is that the line here?

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:16 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:15 am
So we are saying that because we've appointed Kompany, we aren't a debt ridden club?

Is that the line here?
Every club is 'debt ridden' if you wish to use that phrase.

But no, I don't think that's what anyone is saying.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

taio

Post by taio » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:17 am

It Is What It Is wrote:
That’s the realism.
I've seen very few people being negative about Kompany. Some may be unsure what we are getting but that's not negative. Most people will reserve proper judgement until the season is well underway.
These 3 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret tiger76 jjclaret

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:18 am

taio wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:17 am
I've seen very few people being negative about Kompany. Some may be unsure what we are getting but that's not negative. Most people will reserve proper judgement until the season is well underway.
Very well put

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:23 am

It Is What It Is wrote:
That’s the realism.
Indeed, Burnley not Barcelona, and you may do well to remember that when the club spend £15 million quid on debt incurred to buy shares and not players.

I think most find Kompany an interesting and potentially very promising signing but we haven't played a game yet or even bought a player.

So, "fantastic" is, shall we say, a bit premature - don't you think?

It Is What It Is

Post by It Is What It Is » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:24 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:15 am
It’s not negativity.

It’s realism. Kompany is the youngest and most inexperienced manager in the championship. This is a good stepping stone for him. If he fails he’s got plenty of time to recover. Unfortunately Burnley do not.
Answer the question, who would you prefer who is available and a better option than VK?
Yes, young. Tick.
Four times Premier League winner as a captain. Tick.
A scholar under the tutorship of Pep Guardiola. Tick.
Multi lingual, commands respect, totally respected throughout football. Tick.
Again Well Done Alan Pace. A great acquisition.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4160 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:29 am

Negativity is always louder than any positivity even more so on here.

When it was announced we may lose Cat 1 status it was a popular thread when it was announced we may keep Cat 1 status not so much so.

We have people who you can clearly tell have very little idea with regards finance but happy to pass off their view as fact when there is a chance to post a negative stance.

When we had Dyche, the loudest comments were from those wanting a change, Dyche leaves and it then moves on to a typical appointment of one of the of the usual names wasn't wanted, we appoint someone different and now we have to be cautious.

When Tarks left for free the comments were we should have cashed in and made a profit, now it is Collins and we have to keep him rather than cash in.

It is like living on hindsight island while having and eating cake.
These 6 users liked this post: Stalbansclaret Juan Tanamera claretgimmer Paul Waine It Is What It Is cblantfanclub

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:33 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:29 am

When it was announced we may lose Cat 1 status it was a popular thread when it was announced we may keep Cat 1 status not so much so.

We have people who you can clearly tell have very little idea with regards finance but happy to pass off their view as fact when there is a chance to post a negative stance.

When we had Dyche, the loudest comments were from those wanting a change, Dyche leaves and it then moves on to a typical appointment of one of the of the usual names wasn't wanted, we appoint someone different and now we have to be cautious.

When Tarks left for free the comments were we should have cashed in and made a profit, now it is Collins and we have to keep him rather than cash in.

Great summary.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2307 times
Has Liked: 2691 times

Post by fatboy47 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:47 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:16 am
Every club is 'debt ridden' if you wish to use that phrase.

No.. No they're not...not every club, and neither were we 2 short years ago.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:50 am

Pudding. Proof.

It's a bold appointment that will hopefully raise our profile and help bring in some good quality players but it's a results based industry.

It might prove to be a stroke of genius or it might go Waddle.
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:52 am

It's an imaginative and ambitious appointment by the club and fair play to Kompany who will no doubt already have more than enough cash in the bank so he's not here for the dough, but because he genuinely wants to be here and feels he has something to prove. Reading all the press reports around our relegation it would be easy to think we're a potential basket case and both Pace and Kompany have shown a commitment to not letting that happen and I applaud that. Having said that it's a bloody hard job ahead and it will only get harder if we don't bounce straight back next which statistically is a club's best chance. Good luck I say!
This user liked this post: It Is What It Is

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:52 am

It Is What It Is wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:24 am
Answer the question, who would you prefer who is available and a better option than VK?
Yes, young. Tick.
Four times Premier League winner as a captain. Tick.
A scholar under the tutorship of Pep Guardiola. Tick.
Multi lingual, commands respect, totally respected throughout football. Tick.
Again Well Done Alan Pace. A great acquisition.

I just don’t understand how you can class it a great acquisition? Or praise Pace yet. Like I said if he gets us promoted that is the time for praise.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:12 am

I like the idea of appointing Kompany, I like the vision that Pace and he have going forward

I also know that money doesn't grow on trees, and that vision will be severely tested if we don't get promoted back to the premier league

Its not negative, its just realistic
These 3 users liked this post: Sleeping Cat Dark Cloud tiger76

Sleeping Cat
Been Liked: 164 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Sleeping Cat » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:15 am

Kompany is an exciting name and a bold, positive appointment and some credit is due with securing the appointment of him given our situation. I personally feel excited about the season ahead and am fully behind the manager and the team, whoever lines up on that opening day. But let's see how it goes before dishing out such plaudits because if it goes slightly wrong, and we don't win promotion the financial situation imposed on the club my will not deserve any praise.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:17 am

Big named Managers have failed before at Burnley, Buchan, Bond, Heath and Waddle, so here's hoping it works out this time

What I hate, is I'm signing for Bond, Waddle etc.....no your signing for Burnley

But anyway, we needed something special this time, best of luck Vincent Kompany. Hope exciting times return

Jambo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 240 times

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:35 am

I think it's a good appointment, but it would have boosted positivity a lot more had it happened three weeks ago.

Kompany also doesn't have a magic wand and an absolutely huge squad rebuild is needed. Pace might have "really tried" with Orsic but he is going to have to deliver 6+ good new players this summer, with a budget that is presumably undecided until some sales happen.

Fine to give Pace some kudos for landing an exciting new manager but it's not even a quarter of the job he has to do right now.

It Is What It Is

Post by It Is What It Is » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:42 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:52 am
I just don’t understand how you can class it a great acquisition? Or praise Pace yet. Like I said if he gets us promoted that is the time for praise.
It's just having the foresight to appoint someone who The Board think with realistic optimism, can move us in the right direction both on and off the pitch.
Again, ...who else do you think would be a better option, and available?

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:51 am

Exciting appointment- yes
Risky appointment- absolutely

But it has at least brought some certainty now, and if VK can attract 3/4 loan players. or even allow us to to shop in the European market all the better.

All the talk from his Anderlecht days is he encourages and develops youth, this sprinkled with a core of experience should serve us well going forwards, and hopefully the days of us signing ageing journeymen are well and truly over.
These 2 users liked this post: Dark Cloud claretgimmer

Sozturf7
Been Liked: 89 times

Post by Sozturf7 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:51 am

Well said. it is what it is : Pace has done what looks like a good job. We can't see the end result, we can't see into the future. Your spot on in my opinion.
These 3 users liked this post: It Is What It Is It Is What It Is Paul Waine

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:00 pm

It Is What It Is wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:42 am
It's just having the foresight to appoint someone who The Board think with realistic optimism, can move us in the right direction both on and off the pitch.
Again, ...who else do you think would be a better option, and available?
I would have personally gone for Farke when he was free. Knows the league, numerous promotions from it.

I just find it strange your praising the owner for bringing in a total unknown. He could be sacked in 6 months for all we know.

Like I said praise should be given when something is achieved.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:16 pm

I think if Blackburn Rovers had managed to get Kompany, people would be altering their attitude towards him. Cannot accept why people are so critical. Every potential manager wanting to join a recently relegated club would attract criticism. I for one am glad it was not Farke, Neil, Rooney, Wilder-I could go on. Looking forwards to some exciting football, some exciting younger and energetic names joining us, and doing some of the things that just were not happening, like using the loan market to get exciting youngster (other clubs lower down than us have been showing the way); dropping out of form players, changing tactics mid way through a game and outwitting the other manager. Times are exciting.To do nothing is to do wrong, and the timing for change has never been better. Good luck VK
These 9 users liked this post: RVclaret It Is What It Is It Is What It Is tiger76 claretgimmer k90bfc mybloodisclaret claretfern Damo

taio

Post by taio » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:22 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:16 pm
I think if Blackburn Rovers had managed to get Kompany, people would be altering their attitude towards him. Cannot accept why people are so critical. Every potential manager wanting to join a recently relegated club would attract criticism. I for one am glad it was not Farke, Neil, Rooney, Wilder-I could go on. Looking forwards to some exciting football, some exciting younger and energetic names joining us, and doing some of the things that just were not happening, like using the loan market to get exciting youngster (other clubs lower down than us have been showing the way); dropping out of form players, changing tactics mid way through a game and outwitting the other manager. Times are exciting.To do nothing is to do wrong, and the timing for change has never been better. Good luck VK
Needs perspective I feel. Very few people on here have been critical about Kompany. I see people wishing him well but not sure what to expect from him and so are waiting and excited to see what next season brings.

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:33 pm

Alan Pace certainly has big balls I’ll give him that- massive decision getting rid of Dyche when we looked down and out, but just missed out.

Whether it works or not with Kompany who knows but really looking forward to see what happens.
These 2 users liked this post: It Is What It Is cblantfanclub

redcloud203
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by redcloud203 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:36 pm

Really exciting appointment by the Board .

Hope it works out well for all concerned .

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:37 pm

I'm excited we can finally stop with the brexit transfers and hoofball, we should see some football now, hopefully shake that ugly long ball image that would likely put people off watching us and would likely stop players coming here.
These 3 users liked this post: It Is What It Is k90bfc Vegas Claret

claretgimmer
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 689 times

Post by claretgimmer » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:17 pm

Nothing in life is certain other than taxes and death, but when we appointed Coyle it was Owen who ?? when we appointed Dyche it was Sean who ?? neither of those appointments worked out to bad, lets give the bloke a chance and maybe judge him later in the season because it will take time to get new players to gel no matter how good they are, personally I can`t wait for the new season to start and it`s been a few seasons since I felt like that. UTC
These 3 users liked this post: tiger76 warksclaret k90bfc

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:27 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Ditto, literally everyone I’ve spoken to is glad to be out of the premier league as well “give me Luton away over city away every day of the week, miles better away day”

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:47 pm

I just prefer to read your views and take it as gospel, as nobody else’s views matter .

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6156 times

Post by KateR » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:48 pm

for what it's worth, in my opinion, I though SD going was ridiculous, however it didn't turn out to bad and I think the majority thought there was an improvement. We all knew he needed replacing and that MJ was not the long term answer, we've all been waiting quite a while for the announcement even though we "believed we knew who it was for a while", but there was a list of names and a short list and a final selections from both parties. That final agreement meant both parties were satisfied and in agreement, both know the task ahead, both have to work hard to make it work and see improvements. Both VK & AP have to work together closely to build a squad that will be able to challenge, VK would not have been my choice but a lot better than a lot of names which were being touted, I'm certainly glad that we have a potential of loans from Man City rather than from Man U!

I think AP has done a good job up to now and should be praised, but the job is not even half done, yet he's set the foundation for the season, next step all about summer and recruitment, we'll know a lot more when the season kicks off but for now, well done AP but we're still watching.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4160 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:48 pm

joey13 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:47 pm
I just prefer to read your views and take it as gospel, as nobody else’s views matter .
You still whinging ? Most unlike you

It Is What It Is

Post by It Is What It Is » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:50 pm

In a few seasons time we'll all be having a pint in The Royal Dyche Kompany pub!🍺

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:52 pm

Kompany, I've have been happy with us signing him for CB in the championship never mind Manager

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:26 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:46 am
Positivity is fine as long as it is substantiated by some reality:

Kompany is not a fantastic signing- he is an interesting signing with potential

He hasn't got a proven pedigree in management he has made a solid start

Every appointment is a risk, and Kompany is no exception

It has been stated that Alan Pace said that other than the departure of Wood there were no January signings planned.

Paying £15 million off the debt incurred to purchase shares rather than on signings is not positive and not worthy of praise

Since Sean left there was no obvious improvement in form. The last 4 games we got 1 point and most agree the season ended in disarray with the manager making some errors. MJ did a great job but the form during his tenure looked on a similar trajectory to Dyche.

Our passing was not woeful by Premier standards - we achieved 35 points and had we spent a few million out of the £80 million in the bank we would probably have survived.

And John Lennon did not say .."Give Pace a chance"; however, he did say Gimme Some Truth, All I want is the truth
I live life looking positive... I've got to 60 odd years old, with no major trauma by living that way
There have been numerous threads on here, for example the downgrade of the academy which went into many pages, with many people fearing the worse, some saying it had already happened, whilst others kept saying... Let's wait and see..

At present iam happy with the way clubs being run.... That way I can get through the day, not fretting why Kompany hasn't been announced, or the club is broke..... Because through experience it normally turns out OK

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:34 pm

Love the idea of hindsight island.

Puzzled why those with negative views often claim that they are being realistic and also claim that those with positive outlooks are not being realistic. Why is this? Are they not comfortable with owning their negative views?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:41 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:34 pm
Love the idea of hindsight island.

Puzzled why those with negative views often claim that they are being realistic and also claim that those with positive outlooks are not being realistic. Why is this? Are they not comfortable with owning their negative views?
Exciting times!
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:42 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:00 pm
I would have personally gone for Farke when he was free. Knows the league, numerous promotions from it.

I just find it strange your praising the owner for bringing in a total unknown. He could be sacked in 6 months for all we know.

Like I said praise should be given when something is achieved.
Where have you been this last decade and a half, Newcie? Vincent Kompany played for Man City. He was their captain. He won several trophies with them. He's a little older now and commenced his management career 3 seasons ago in Belgium. Think of Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and Vieira for young managers also starting the careers in football management. Does that help you learn a little about who the club has appointed?

UTC
Last edited by Paul Waine on Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 6 users liked this post: It Is What It Is warksclaret tiger76 mybloodisclaret northeastclaret Damo