Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:16 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:25 pm
Expected based on what? I thought that we’d sell 1 to cover debt repayment, along with the release of some older players in big wages. I didn’t expect THEM ALL to be sold. On the back of Wood already being sold. There’s very little precedence of a premier league club being relegated and doing this.
Bournemouth two seasons ago.

Sold / released 14 first teamers for a combined 80m.

Spent a total of 0 on replacements (just a few loans and frees).

They finished in the play offs that season and went up autos the year after.

You genuinely don’t need to look that far!

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:35 am

Vitinho doesn't look like much of a risk
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-07-27 9.34.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-07-27 9.34.22 PM.png (184.82 KiB) Viewed 3508 times

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:02 am

I don’t frequent this board much but before I go about my daily business in the morning, I do like to take a look at what’s going on with our club. But this thread as got to be the worst thread ive ever seen on here. Instead of informative or even excitable transfer news, its full of what I expect either teenagers bored in the school holidays or retired old men squabbling with each other and trying to score points. Seriously its embarrassing. Please stop bickering and keep to the topic. It should be an exciting time at present but like others on here I dread coming on this board these days.
These 3 users liked this post: louieollie yosserhughes Quicknick

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1076 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:09 am

At the end of the day rhe final say on the sale of a player comes down to a player themselves not the board

Phone rings "Hello it's Everton we'd like to buy McNeil for 20 million"

The club have to tell him of this

McNeil then decides do I stay and help out a club that I was part of that got relegated and show a season of loyalty and help them try to return to the premier league after all I only assisted one goal and didn't score any amd it's partly my fault.

Or does he decide f this I'm not hanging around I want to play in the premier league and treble my wages, players rearly show loyalty and why should they aren't fans of the club like us its a place of work to them, if you refuse them a move they could sulk and you then have a player that's bad to have in the camp, the final say on any sale is the player not the board.

Anyway back to the rumours 😆

Boxy
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Boxy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:18 am

Most players will of let a team know they are in interested in going to them , way before any official bid. The moment rumours arise that a team in interested in a player , high chance that player wants to move.
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

Boxy
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Boxy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:38 am

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6U0pHp ... =copy-link

Ben foster has recently talked about how transfers happen from a players point of view. Was really interesting

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 837 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:47 am

Schira says Dwight is done. 22.5m

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:49 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:47 am
Schira says Dwight is done. 22.5m
He quoted in €

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2604 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:23 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:16 am
Bournemouth two seasons ago.

Sold / released 14 first teamers for a combined 80m.

Spent a total of 0 on replacements (just a few loans and frees).

They finished in the play offs that season and went up autos the year after.

You genuinely don’t need to look that far!
VERY LITTLE precedence…. I’m aware there are exceptions like Bournemouth selling plenty of players….. I don’t tend to utilise exceptions as the centre point of reasoning as to why everything is ok.

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2604 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:27 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:05 am
Didn’t Blackpool release 17 after relegation? At least we are getting dosh for ours.

Bournemouth lost Ake, Wilson, Arter, Ramsdale, Fraser and Ibe on relegation after losing Mings the season before.

Some, like Fulham, buck the trend, but it is hardly very little precedence.
You’re fully entitled to use Blackpool as an example if you like….. I’m hoping the next couple of chapters in the book are very different for Burnley. Spoiler alert… they got relegated a couple of seasons later with the chairman creaming off all
Of the parachute payments, leading to fraud investigations and fan protests.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:32 am

I'm torn by this

I kinda agree with both sides of the argument

I don't accept that we could keep players who have been denied a move back to the premier league

I accept the need for a revolution because (for whatever reason) the squad did not evolve as it should have done whilst we were in the prem

I wish we could keep players but we clearly can't (for a combination of financial and players being good enough and have offers from premier league sides)

Its a really tough one

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:33 am

dandeclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:23 am
VERY LITTLE precedence…. I’m aware there are exceptions like Bournemouth selling plenty of players….. I don’t tend to utilise exceptions as the centre point of reasoning as to why everything is ok.
He also conveniently misses out the fact that they actually only lost 4 players from the starting eleven and actually signed 5 players that window.

Including Wilshere, Pearson, Carter Vickers, Shane long and Riquelme.

This was there starting eleven against boro at the start of that window:

Begovic
Kelly, Cook, Mepham
Smith, Gosling, Lerma, Stacy
Dan brooks, Solanke, Groeneveld

9 of the starting eleven had at least a premier league season behind them and only two were under 21

The comparison is none existent to us.
This user liked this post: Hapag Lloyd

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:38 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:33 am
He also conveniently misses out the fact that they actually only lost 4 players from the starting eleven and actually signed 5 players that window.

Including Wilshere, Pearson, Carter Vickers, Shane long and Riquelme.

This was there starting eleven against boro at the start of that window:

Begovic
Kelly, Cook, Mepham
Smith, Gosling, Lerma, Stacy
Dan brooks, Solanke, Groeneveld

9 of the starting eleven had at least a premier league season behind them and only two were under 21

The comparison is none existent to us.
They lost 14 players from their squad. They made 80m in sales. They spent 0 on transfer fees.

Just imagine for a second if we did that, look at the state of people now as it is! You only don’t want to use it as a comparison as it doesn’t fit the agenda.

Our strategy of investing in younger players with high potential, while retaining a core of PL and experienced players, is arguably more sustainable.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:40 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:38 am
They lost 14 players from their squad. They made 80m in sales. They spent 0 on transfer fees.

Just imagine for a second if we did that, look at the state of people now as it is! You only don’t want to use it as a comparison as it doesn’t fit the agenda.

Our strategy of investing in younger players with high potential, while retaining a core of PL and experienced players, is arguably more sustainable.
If we retained a squad of that quality and complimented it with there signings I don’t think anyone would complain.

Instead we have sold anyone remotely decent and signed young untested players and are hoping it works out.

The comparison to Bournemouth is none existent it’s because you can’t find another successful club that has done what we have.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:41 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:38 am

I think the fact that they were still able to field a very good championship side after raising £80 million is being missed here

They clearly had a bloated squad and needed to lose players, but had players to step into the gaps

We don't, and have to buy huge chunks of a new team with not a lot of cash

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:43 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:40 am
If we retained a squad of that quality and complimented it with there signings I don’t think anyone would complain.

Instead we have sold anyone remotely decent and signed young untested players and are hoping it works out.

The comparison to Bournemouth is none existent it’s because you can’t find another successful club that has done what we have.
Bournemouth sold the players who were PL standard players and attracted interest.

Burnley have sold the players who were PL standard players and have attracted interest.

Last time Burnley went down, they sold the PL standard players who attracted interest.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:44 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:41 am
I think the fact that they were still able to field a very good championship side after raising £80 million is being missed here

They clearly had a bloated squad and needed to lose players, but had players to step into the gaps

We don't, and have to buy huge chunks of a new team with not a lot of cash
And that’s down to the **** poor squad building over the past 5 years, as Kompany made a subtle reference to yesterday.
This user liked this post: louieollie

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:46 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:43 am
Bournemouth sold the players who were PL standard players and attracted interest.

Burnley have sold the players who were PL standard players and have attracted interest.

Last time Burnley went down, they sold the PL standard players who attracted interest.
So again you can’t find a comparison so you are making wildly broad statements.

The last time Burnley went down we retained a core of top talent and the difference is when we sold our players we signed proven talent.

Tripper went, we signed Lowton with over 100 premier league apps.

Ings went, we signed the best striker in the league.

We looked a bit low on numbers in defence we signed one of the best CBs in the league in Tarks.

This season is a complete anomaly yet you keep trying to compare it to other successful teams.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:49 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:46 am

The last time Burnley went down we retained a core of top talent and the difference is when we sold our players we signed proven talent.

We looked a bit low on numbers in defence we signed one of the best CBs in the league in Tarks.

This season is a complete anomaly yet you keep trying to compare it to other successful teams.
What core of top talent did we retain last time we went down, that would have attracted PL interest? Our squad that has just been relegated, strangely enough, was a lot lot stronger than that one.

One of the best CBs in the league then was 4m, now they are 10m+.

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:51 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:44 am
And that’s down to the **** poor squad building over the past 5 years, as Kompany made a subtle reference to yesterday.
We particularly needed to invest two years ago and it's pretty obvious to most people why we didn't

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:53 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:46 am

The last time we went down we had been in the Prem for 1 season it really isn't hard to work out that a team that had stayed up for 6 seasons will have more players that are wanted and proven at that level.

When we were in the Prem we are repeatedly told on here that we could just sign players from the Championship as everyone wants to be in the Prem, suddenly we are in the Championship and a section seem unable to grasp that the same applies to our players. I realise some can understand it and some can't but this is also happening at the same time as having a section who love to whinge at the owners so it is like double fold. You can only imagine the nonsense that will be on here tomorrow night within 5 minutes of full time if we lose.
These 3 users liked this post: RVclaret GodIsADeeJay81 yosserhughes

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:53 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:49 am
What core of top talent did we retain last time we went down, that would have attracted PL interest?

One of the best CBs in the league then was 4m, now they are 10m+.
We retained core talent like Keane, Mee, Heaton, Ward, Vokes, Arfield, Marney, Boyd.

Then supplemented them with the players mentioned and Dyche pulled a blinder signing Barton.

I am not sure how you can compare the two seasons even remotely. Our startling eleven only changed in 3 positions.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:54 am

taio wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:51 am
We particularly needed to invest two years ago and it's pretty obvious to most people why we didn't
I agree. The previous owners signing Will Norris and Dale Stephens in a PL window will go down as one of, if not the worst, PL windows by a club in history. They knew the cash in the bank was attractive for a sale of the club, and clearly knew a large portion would be taken out for the style of takeover on offer by the new owners. Shame.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:53 am
The last time we went down we had been in the Prem for 1 season it really isn't hard to work out that a team that had stayed up for 6 seasons will have more players that are wanted and proven at that level.

When we were in the Prem we are repeatedly told on here that we could just sign players from the Championship as everyone wants to be in the Prem, suddenly we are in the Championship and a section seem unable to grasp that the same applies to our players. I realise some can understand it and some can't but this is also happening at the same time as having a section who love to whinge at the owners so it is like double fold. You can only imagine the nonsense that will be on here tomorrow night within 5 minutes of full time if we lose.
Tbf I am not the one arguing we will be successful and go straight back up. It’s RV he’s comparing us to Bournemouth and Burnley. It’s just a complete nonsensical argument the two seasons arnt even remotely similar as both teams retained plenty of top talent.

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 am

6074B2AD-56CF-42E6-9C9B-F59510BEA9A5.png
6074B2AD-56CF-42E6-9C9B-F59510BEA9A5.png (319.26 KiB) Viewed 2744 times

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
We retained core talent like Keane, Mee, Heaton, Ward, Vokes, Arfield, Marney, Boyd.

Then supplemented them with the players mentioned and Dyche pulled a blinder signing Barton.

I am not sure how you can compare the two seasons even remotely. Our startling eleven only changed in 3 positions.
You are kidding yourself if you think any of the mentioned players there would have attracted PL interest. There wasn’t a single report of any interest. It’s like Norwich now, who do they genuinely have that you’d think ‘jeez I’d be surprised if a PL team doesnt come in for them?’ Hanley and Gibson? Krul?
This user liked this post: Top Claret

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:54 am
I agree. The previous owners signing Will Norris and Dale Stephens in a PL window will go down as one of, if not the worst, PL windows by a club in history. They knew the cash in the bank was attractive for a sale of the club, and clearly knew a large portion would be taken out for the style of takeover on offer by the new owners. Shame.
To be fair RV the window after this one we signed no one at all. So surely that one is the worst in history

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:58 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 am
You are kidding yourself if you think any of the mentioned players there would have attracted PL interest. There wasn’t a single report of any interest. It’s like Norwich now, who do they genuinely have that you’d think ‘jeez I’d be surprised if a PL team doesnt come in for them?’ Hanley and Gibson? Krul?
I didn’t say they would? The point is they retained a squad of experienced pros that have been there and done that. Both of there starting elevens were littered with players that not only have championship experience but combined hundred of premier league games experience.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:58 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:56 am
To be fair RV the window after this one we signed no one at all. So surely that one is the worst in history
No, we’d just finished 10th, had something to genuinely build on and it was a summer window.

groove
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 545 times

Post by groove » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:02 am

Have we signed the Brazilian or what?

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:03 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:

A great summary
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:04 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

There is one fundamental point you are missing or simply choosing to ignore.

We retained those players because nobody in the Premeir league wanted to buy them. It really is that simple.
These 4 users liked this post: RVclaret GodIsADeeJay81 MeeActon1 Top Claret

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:09 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:04 am
There is one fundamental point you are missing or simply choosing to ignore.

We retained those players because nobody in the Premeir league wanted to buy them. It really is that simple.
I am not arguing that? RV is saying that Bournemouth and Burnley last time is comparable to this season. I am saying it is completely Different due to the reasons I have highlighted.

You can’t say we are going to get promoted because look what Bournemouth and Burnley did last time. Then say well we can’t do it because we had to sell our top talent.

Which one is it?

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:09 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:35 am
Vitinho doesn't look like much of a risk
Actually, Cercle Bruges (owned by Monaco) paid over 2 million € to buy him.

As I said, talented player with lots of energy and skill, but still too rash sometimes. On the other hand, certainly no downgrade from a player like Roberts

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:11 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:09 am
I am not arguing that? RV is saying that Bournemouth and Burnley last time is comparable to this season. I am saying it is completely Different due to the reasons I have highlighted.

You can’t say we are going to get promoted because look what Bournemouth and Burnley did last time. Then say well we can’t do it because we had to sell our top talent.

Which one is it?
No one said that.

I simply responded to someone saying they have never seen such a big squad turnover and player sales like this from a relegated club that has ended well.

I made the point that, just off a quick scan, you only have to go 2 years back and see Bournemouth lost 14 players from their squad for a total of 80m, signed 5 players for a cost of 0 and still managed to make the play offs.

Longsider
Been Liked: 761 times
Has Liked: 722 times

Post by Longsider » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:12 am

groove wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:02 am
Have we signed the Brazilian or what?
Nothing official from the club yet but in amongst the falling out on this thread there is a picture his agent tweeted of him in Burnley training kit at the club, so based on that I'd say he's signed.
This user liked this post: groove

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:14 am

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:11 am
No one said that.

I simply responded to someone saying they have never seen such a big squad turnover and player sales like this from a relegated club that has ended well.

I made the point that, just off a quick scan, you only have to go 2 years back and see Bournemouth lost 14 players from their squad for a total of 80m, signed 5 players for a cost of 0 and still managed to make the play offs.
“That has ended well”

that is the point.

kenyon6923
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by kenyon6923 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:22 am

We might be guilty of comparing the summer clear out with the price we got for Wood at 25 million, compare that against 12m for Popey, possibly 15-18m for Dwight, 20m for Collins and 17.5 for Cornet if he goes - either the Wood deal was a masterstroke of huge proportions or we have had the cheapest sale of the century going.

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:28 am

Any of our ex premier League players still standing come end of the window will then know that they aren't good enough for the premier League or they would have been sold

We shall see this next couple of weeks how highly the likes of Brownhill, Roberts and Taylor are regarded

claretcarrot93
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by claretcarrot93 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:54 am

Nobody can predict how this season will pan out so rather than spending time arguing with strangers on the internet probably just best to enjoy the ride.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3836 times

Post by NewClaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:56 am

My word I’m looking forward to Friday and us having a performance to discuss!
These 3 users liked this post: louieollie ksrclaret Culmclaret

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:02 am

NewClaret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:56 am
My word I’m looking forward to Friday and us having a performance to discuss!

Can guarantee that this board will be in melt down Friday night.

I don't think we have enough bodies in yet to fill the bench. Huddersfield are going to wipe the floor with us.
We really do have major problems going into a run of 7 League games in 4 weeks, we are totally I'll prepared

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:03 am

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:02 am

I don't think we have enough bodies in yet to fill the bench. Huddersfield are going to wipe the floor with us.
We really do have major problems going into a run of 7 League games in 4 weeks, we are totally I'll prepared
That's the spirit
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:03 am

We always knew we only had 4-5 real quality PL players, and they are all departing. What Dyche did for the first 4 of the last 6 years was ensuring all eleven were at the top of their game, hence our survival in the PL. In the last two years a resistance to freshening up the squad, combined to ageing and tiring legs brought an end to the PL for BFC. I think once Cornet has gone, with the exception of Roberts (who might still go to a PL club), then the only interest in our existing players from last season will be League 1, or at best Championship.However I would be surprised to see Long, Norris, Lowton, JBG still with us in September. and have to say that by the time Westwood is fit he might find it hard to dislodge the central midfielders and could see him failing to break into the new team and new system

Interesting days-no one could have predicted what was going to happen post May. I just hope VK does not lose heart as there will be challenges along the way

onewillieirvine
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by onewillieirvine » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:06 am

It doesn't help our cause with the advent of five subs. The teams in the top league will just stock pile even more.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2569 times
Has Liked: 770 times

Post by ksrclaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:06 am

Top Claret wrote:

It’s not been the best preparation, granted, but our summer business is surely far from done.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 5067 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:08 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:40 am

You seem to have forgotten that the squad of that quality got relegated. Who are the three players that will change our fortunes, and how much are they. Even if successful in going back up, it would be with a poor squad now 2 years older. we'd have been cannon fodder.

This change was always necessary, it was always going to be easier to do it in the Championship, than the Prem. It was the silver lining to relegation, that we could refresh the squad.

I'd hoped that we could hold onto the younger players, like Collins, Roberts, Cornet and build a new team around them, but I probably wasn't being realistic. When it comes to selling players a lot is in the hands of the buying club and the player himself, what's the point of selling player A, if everyone wants player B.

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:11 am

Top Claret wrote:

We fielded two teams a matter of days ago. So....

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:20 am

Anyone would think we’d had a summer like Derby.

Calm down FFS.
These 5 users liked this post: Claretswift Quicknick louieollie Lancasterclaret Pickles

cj_lotte
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by cj_lotte » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:23 am

This is going to be one hell of a ride this season and, I can't wait.

People on this board just need to get their heads around that it was always going to be a transitional year. Having been an established team in the EPL, it's only natural that players like Tarky, Mee, Collins, McNeil (and likely) Cornet would be leaving, they were Jewels in a wooden crown.

What hasn't helped is the number of experienced players that have had their contracts run down, that was poor management from the club, both past and present ownerships (plenty has already been said about this) however, I will add that most of the players who's contracts were up, in my opinion are neither hear nor there, barring Mee.

We needed to keep a core of seasoned pro's at Championship level and barring the GK possition I think we have that in Robberts, Lowton, Taylor, Brownhill,Cork, JBG, Jay Rod & Barnes, all have a lot of experience at this level and will all play their part in bedding the new players in Not forgetting THB has as much experience at this level as Collins did when we signed him.

Do I think we will be challenging for the Automatic Promotion places, No, am i calm about it, Yes, its a trasitional year.

What will be will be but we all know that if you go on a good run in this league it can make you contenders and that is what we should be aiming for.

UTC!!!
These 4 users liked this post: Paul Waine Steddyman louieollie Pickles