Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

Post by CoolClaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:05 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 am
Football isn't moneyball. I bet you most of major league baseball would have said the same 20 years ago.
Baseball imo is not compatible to a game like football at all

Vastly, vastly different.

Baseball is effectively focused on a couple of metrics for batters - how often they get on base and their runs batted in (obviously then more broken down into how they fare against different types of pitchers etc)

Football is a continuous, flowing game without a set gain line which differentiates it from most sports.

There are certain metrics that can’t be quantified - how players gel and play together for example.

Baseball is effectively/almost a single batter vs an entire team - the communication/strategy between batters is just knowing when to try and run base or steal base. Nothing like timing a run to beat an offside trap or expecting your team mate to be in a specific position for a pass dependent on what the opponent is doing.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:06 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 pm
Can’t see anything that suggests we are in for Delap?

Have I missed this?

I thought Stoke was his likely destination?
Stoke, WBA and Southampton all seem to be the most likely destinations atm.
This user liked this post: clarethomer

BigGaz
Been Liked: 109 times
Has Liked: 37 times

Post by BigGaz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:06 pm

Under Nixons Patreon article re WBA being in for Delap, someone has asked if Burnley are also interested.

“No”. Is the emphatic response.

You can only assume Kompany has seen enough of him to know he isn’t the bees knees like everyone seems to think he is, or he’s got a budget for someone else in mind.

I cannot seriously fathom that he’s going to stick with Barnes/JRod as our spearhead. I am one of a seemingly small minority that still believes they have something to offer but I am concerned about their recent injury records and their abilities to fit this particular style of play.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

louieollie
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by louieollie » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:12 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:19 am
Bastien - a lot said that but I thought he did well, not sure what made him awful. I actually thought Maatsen gave the ball away a lot in that game and had his worst game for us, can’t recall Bastien doing the same.

Benson - one great half, one poor game albeit no worse than Costelloe imo. Too early to tell on both fronts.

Churlinov will be a great addition judging by the comments from Shalke & Stuttgart fans.

Overall, a brilliant window. All of them need time to bed in & patience to adapt to the league. Not all will make it but VK’s record of developing and selling players is fantastic, so we have to trust in it.
Totally agree about Bastien , I think he's had a lot of unjustified critique about his display Friday night......but some folk NEED a scapegoat I suppose 😳
These 5 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera nil_desperandum Colburn_Claret mybloodisclaret cj_lotte

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:18 pm

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m no tactical, formation or football manager genius but looking at the first 3 games it looks like the way we are going to score isn’t through that long ball into the box.

For me this is why I just can’t see Ash having a successful season in terms of goals. He may be good at holding play and laying off on to players with speed or being a bit deeper to come onto the ball from the byline. I think Jayrod is more mobile and probably better suited.

When you look at the likes of Maatsen, Benson, Vitinho, Darko. They all have the ability to take a man on.

I’m not even sure what a 20 goal striker would look like in our system.

Whether it was Delap or someone else. I can see that if you can get 3 or 4 players getting into double figures that is what we are hoping for and perhaps that’s where these attacking midfielders are expected to add value?

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:25 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:43 am
I would disagree. I strongly suggest that we need a no 10 type.
Obviously I don't know what Kompany is thinking, but I thought that Twine was signed to play this role?
He has an excellent record of goals and assists, albeit at Div 1 level.
The need for 2 mobile strikers is greater than that for a No. 10 (IMO)

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:25 pm

I suspect the biggest challenge for Pep at Man City re Delap is letting him go to a team where he will get significant game time. WBA and Stoke have already got several experienced strikers and it may not be a given. I get the feeling that we are not in for him, otherwise his chances of playing for us on a regular basis (subject to form) would have been good

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:26 pm

I’m another who thinks Bastien has been pretty good for us in all 3 games. Needs to improve his final ball but he has been a key part of the intensity, possession and closing down opposition approach.

Benson - I was actually not that impressed with him as a lot of other people were for the Luton game. He had very little composure and his decision making, crossing and finishing was very poor. But it was his first game and he had only just signed so all that can be forgiven. I was a bit surprised he started against Watford but thought he must have had a good week in training. He struggled massively as we know v Watford but it’s too early to judge him (or any of the new ones)

I thought Costelloe was good against Huddersfield in first half and decent second half against Luton. But he was anonymous against Watford to the extent it often looked like we were a man short. But again he’s a young lad who nobody expected to start the first 3 games and whilst I think he will be soon on the bench he gives us another option and this experience will have done him no end of good.

2 or 3 new signings and Twine and Jay back and some patience from the fans and in the next month or so hopefully VK will get to know what his best team is.
These 4 users liked this post: louieollie RVclaret Quicknick tiger76

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:28 pm

Really like the look of Bastien. If I had to find an area to improve it would be to release the ball a fraction of a second sooner. The more he gets used to the frenetic pace of Championship football, the easier he will do that.
These 3 users liked this post: louieollie RicardoMontalban mybloodisclaret

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:29 pm

Just seen this funny quote on Twitter - don’t know if it is true. But it is from Lewandowski playing in Spain.

Made me think of Weghorst’s difficulties, but also shows why we need to be patient with players like Churlinov while he adapts. Let’s give the lad time.

Lewandowski: “I was surprised when I saw more than 6 Rayo players sitting in their box, one of them was even marking me! This never happens in Bundesliga. This way of playing is anti-football. I hope this is the only team in this league that plays like this.”

:lol:

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1985 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:33 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:18 pm
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m no tactical, formation or football manager genius but looking at the first 3 games it looks like the way we are going to score isn’t through that long ball into the box.

For me this is why I just can’t see Ash having a successful season in terms of goals. He may be good at holding play and laying off on to players with speed or being a bit deeper to come onto the ball from the byline. I think Jayrod is more mobile and probably better suited.
I agree that is not the main game plan, but you need it as an option. Teams will attempt to flood the midfield to nullify the threat; you need the option of a long ball to stop the high press. A mobile striker also provide the focal point for the attack and stops the necessity to ‘overplay’ in midfield by giving an out.

Agree Jay Rod is more suited than Ash for 90 minutes, but I expect Burnley will be looking to add both pace and riel power to the strike force before the close of the window.

But of course time will tell.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:35 pm

I too like Bastien, but it doesn't look, from his game against Luton, that playing the deeper Cullen/Cork role suits him. Which is fair enough.
Further forward against Huddersfield and Watford, he is a lot better on the ball. Against Huddersfield he looked better, because he and Maatsen clicked, they didn't at Watford, but I think that was more down to Maatsen overrunning the ball a lot, than Bastien.
In Maatsen's defence, in a pass and move game plan, it helps if there are options to pass to, and a lot of the front line were static first half.
This user liked this post: louieollie

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:36 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 pm
Can’t see anything that suggests we are in for Delap?

Have I missed this?

I thought Stoke was his likely destination?
There seems to have been little development on the loan to Stoke for several weeks. It has been suggested his dad (coach at Stoke) is not too keen on having to manage his son in the squad.

Dougall
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 222 times

Post by Dougall » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:40 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 am
https://twitter.com/fmishov/status/1559 ... 9i2NqFqS7Q

A very useful thread on Churlinov by a North Macedonian journalist for those wanting to learn more about him
He wonders what the reveal video will be like?
I hope it doesn't involve a scary rabbit!! #donniedarko :shock:

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:56 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:33 pm
I agree that is not the main game plan, but you need it as an option. Teams will attempt to flood the midfield to nullify the threat; you need the option of a long ball to stop the high press. A mobile striker also provide the focal point for the attack and stops the necessity to ‘overplay’ in midfield by giving an out.

Agree Jay Rod is more suited than Ash for 90 minutes, but I expect Burnley will be looking to add both pace and riel power to the strike force before the close of the window.

But of course time will tell.
Closest I could get to is Vydra coming back when we have got all our other business done and maybe can make an improved offer if he hasn’t already found a club?

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:14 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:25 pm
Obviously I don't know what Kompany is thinking, but I thought that Twine was signed to play this role?
He has an excellent record of goals and assists, albeit at Div 1 level.
The need for 2 mobile strikers is greater than that for a No. 10 (IMO)
'Chicken and egg argumemt. Two mobile strikers sounds great but they require a player with that ability to spot the runs and play them in. Not seen enough of Twine to be objective but we don't appear to have any other such player in the squad.

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:28 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:56 pm
Closest I could get to is Vydra coming back when we have got all our other business done and maybe can make an improved offer if he hasn’t already found a club?
Funnily enough I was thinking Vydra could still play that roll, but I think it may be a new face we see, possibly someone with more ariel threat when called upon to play lone striker, although that could be the second striker at a push (I think we are still looking t two additions up top).

BuryClaret
Been Liked: 71 times

Post by BuryClaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:33 pm

We can strike Hannibal Mejbri from United off the list - not that there was ever anything concrete in that. Is close to joining Birmingham on loan apparently.

https://twitter.com/RichFay/status/1559140346214453250

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:52 pm

BigChaCha wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:18 am
So if England host the most non-shabby leagues in the world like the... 'best league in the world' in the Premiership and also 'the hardest league in the world' in the Championship, then that should mean that the host country should be filled with quality, right?...

How many trophies have England won since 1966 as opposed to all of these countries who host supposedly inferior leagues?...

I keep seeing in this forum, people referring to other leagues as being far poorer, even those that are hosted in countries that have won multiple Euro cups or multiple World cups lol...

The arrogance in this country is staggering!
So the Brazilian league is really the best in the world by your logic?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:53 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:23 am
I am no so sur eon this big strong striker ethos. If you take in mind VK is setting us up in the Man City ethos of style of play, then Aguero, arguably MC best striker was not exactly massive, but more fast and clinical. However Halland now blows that theory out of the water lol :lol:
I'd bet Haaland is faster right now than Aguero ever was.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:08 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:52 pm
So the Brazilian league is really the best in the world by your logic?
The Belgian national side is rated 2nd in the World, so our signings from that League should be world class 😉

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:09 pm

I think it's currently a little hard to judge whether Bastien might work further back in the team - or whether Brownhill might - because it's completely obvious that the front 4 in the team is currently way up in the air. With Rodriguez as a more delicate focal point, and with Twine or an alternative number 10 adding a bit more craft either as the other striker or as one of the two inside forwards - and further new arrivals doing likewise - it's completely possible that they'd be far more effective in that deeper role.

At present, our technical craft is concentrated at the back of our midfield and the forward area of the team is essentially staffed by players who are industrious (other than Benson thus far, who is clearly adapting to English football), and so if Bastien or Brownhill were playing behind those players, then of course the balance of runners/grafters and passers/craftsmen is going to be wrong (not to say Bastien and Brownhill are only grafters - they've clearly got more to them than that - but the point is about the overall balance of the team). Equally, as the forward part of the team becomes more familiar and cohesive generally, the importance of that technical skill at the base of midfield might lessen simply because the team is less reliant on individuals to make stuff happen.
This user liked this post: louieollie

BigGaz
Been Liked: 109 times

Post by BigGaz » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 pm

Hypothetical Situation:

Chris Wood becomes available on loan, 80% of wages covered for the season by Newcastle.

You taking him back or nah?

I think he’s still got 15-20 a season in him at this level so yes from me.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:16 pm

Fao BigGaz I agree there's been worse ideas put forward on here

elwaclaret

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:18 pm

BigGaz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:12 pm
Hypothetical Situation:

Chris Wood becomes available on loan, 80% of wages covered for the season by Newcastle.

No I think the “comfort zone” comment would sit very badly at Turf Moor, and I’m not sure he’d offer what VK sees up top for us.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:21 pm

BigGaz wrote:
Hypothetical Situation:

Nope.
His lack of goals last season for both us and Newcastle show he's lost form.
We have no time to carry passengers this season

xxmunkyennuixx
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 126 times

Post by xxmunkyennuixx » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:26 pm

BigGaz wrote:
Hypothetical Situation:

Yeah, from me. The service has been OK in spells. I think he finishes McNally's chance. I think he takes all five of Barnes's chances in the three games so far. That's why the link with Dovbyk is really appealing. Their styles look reasonably similar.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:40 pm

BigGaz wrote:
Hypothetical Situation:

Great question, not sure it would work due to him getting caught offside to many times. If he had of stayed and we still went down I'm sure he would have started like Barnes but only until a nippy finisher signed.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:40 pm

BigGaz wrote:
Hypothetical Situation:

Can you imagine Howe trying to explain why he wants to loan out a striker he convinced the board to pay £25m for 8 months ago? And pay 80% of his wages?! :lol: :lol:

Or Wood wanting to return after deserting us for a fellow relegation candidate and making his “comfort zone” comment?

He’ll sit on their bench, Howe will use him here and there as a sub to justify the investment in a “good squad player” and he’ll end his time there when his contract ends season after next - each goal having cost them £5m :lol:

It’s a no thanks from me anyway though. I want a fast, mobile striker.
Last edited by NewClaret on Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 561 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:40 pm

Reports in Portugal that we are still waiting for an answer from Cabral, I don’t see him coming in once churlinov gets done

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:41 pm

Kompany again playing down the urgent need for a striker in his presser. Said we’ve been missing Jay Rod and Twine. Made comments on Delap that he’s a very young player and we’ve got to be careful. Churlinov close but not imminent (as in today) from the sounds.

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:50 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:41 pm
Kompany again playing down the urgent need for a striker in his presser. Said we’ve been missing Jay Rod and Twine. Made comments on Delap that he’s a very young player and we’ve got to be careful. Churlinov close but not imminent (as in today) from the sounds.
Personally, I'm fine with this. 3 loan players isn't an alarmingly high number, but I think 4 is the threshold above which it feels like we're playing on the never-never a little too much. We need the right balance of short-term signings that maximise our chances of competing at the top end this season, with bringing in players who invest our capital suitably to give us a chance of (i) being able to compete in the Premier League should we be lucky enough to win an immediate promotion, and (ii) generate a return on value in the future.

Currently, we've got a couple of players in who look like they might generate value for us but who are gambles because they're stepping up significantly in standard (Twine, and particularly Benson and probably Churlinov) but other than that our signings contain a surprising lack of "bankable" re-sale value (Cullen is relatively old for that sort of signing, Egan-Riley and McInally too unproven, etc.). Rather than loans it'd be handy if we could lay our hands on an O'Hare type - someone whose Championship (or equivalent0 pedigree is already established and is young enough for that to be a base from which to grow. But signing that sort of player in forward areas is very, very hard. We've made a solid start but that's really the outstanding question mark I tihnk.
These 2 users liked this post: It Is What It Is yosserhughes

ElectroClaret
Been Liked: 4044 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by ElectroClaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:51 pm

BigGaz wrote:
Hypothetical Situation:

Depends if it's a choice between what we have now (Barnes, Jrod and a relatively untried Twine)
and getting Wood back in. In which case, at 20% of his wages, definitely worth a gamble at this level.
However, we'll hopefully drag a quality striker in.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:41 pm
Strange he is listing twine as a striker?

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 321 times
Has Liked: 247 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 pm

Thanks but no thanks for Wood…No no and thrice no

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:59 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 pm
Strange he is listing twine as a striker?
He talked about him with the forwards yes. Maybe regarding his goal threat (as that’s where the question was angling from).

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 pm

Kompany is either playing a good bluff or he actually truly believes we don’t need a striker

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:14 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:59 pm
He talked about him with the forwards yes. Maybe regarding his goal threat (as that’s where the question was angling from).
Oh fair enough that makes more sense

davideyresleftear
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by davideyresleftear » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:17 pm

Kompany has to choose his words carefully. How would people react on here if he said, "Listen, we drastically need a striker but we just can't get one. We can't do it!" *puts his head in his hands*.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

clarethomer

Post by clarethomer » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:23 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 pm
Kompany is either playing a good bluff or he actually truly believes we don’t need a striker
I don’t think he is bluffing but I don’t think he has said we don’t need a striker either.

What I took from his words was;

- we have struggled with the likes of Jay and Twine and Ash is learning a new system and injuries.
- the system should see 4-5 players all in the box so it allows more players the opportunity to score.
-we need players that have experience and therefore someone like Delap probably isn’t the answer at this stage for either the club or the player.

As I said in an earlier post, I think what we have seen as a striker before - someone to get on the end of a cross and for for us to have 1-2 players spearheading our attack is not the way this system works.

It relies on overloading the box and it relies on having skilled players who can run at defences and take them on and work opportunities. All of which Vitinho, Twine, Benson and Darko have been called out on for what they offer.

Bringing Jay and Ash into this is just going to take a bit of time for them to learn and get used to.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:35 pm

If we don’t sign a striker in summer then we will in Jan because they will see what’s all we are missing

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:50 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:40 pm
Reports in Portugal that we are still waiting for an answer from Cabral, I don’t see him coming in once churlinov gets done
I don’t buy that we were ever interested and, if we were, imagine that would end if we sign Churlinov.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:53 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:01 pm
There’s no way he’s going to demoralise his existing players, alert other clubs to our desperation or highlight his views to fans/media so they can get speculate if we miss out on one.

Pretty sure he’ll know we need one with pace though.
This user liked this post: jen1066

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:54 pm

BigGaz wrote:
Hypothetical Situation:

Absolutely, emphatically, unreservedly no!

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:54 pm
Absolutely, emphatically, unreservedly no!
It’s beyond me how people can think an immobile striker like Wood is the answer to a different question. That’s not to be unkind to Wood, who has his strengths, but he is simply not the type of footballer our system now requires
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:17 pm

I'm hopeful that Kompany feels we don't need a striker because he thinks that Richardson (once up to full fitness) will be ready to make the breakthrough. Probably not but I can dream.

claretspice

Post by claretspice » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:18 pm

Firstly, Wood isn't immobile - he ran the channels pretty well for us.

A new striker is preferable, particularly someone who can effectively replace Vydra and provide a more mobile threat in the channels. Barnes offers a point of difference which you need in the Championship occasionally (and I thought he should have stayed on with Jay on Friday night, at least for a period), but Jay is currently the striker we'd be hanging our hat on given that his movement and touch are a class above Ashley's. That's fine to a point, but you need an alternative who can fit the plan A system more naturally than Barnes does.

But - bringing in strikers is hard. We've got some decent young talent in that position, and I think I'd rather we only splashed money on someone who is the real deal, rather than spending what will always be pretty significant money (strikers aren't cheap in any market) speculatively.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:22 pm

NRC wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:02 pm
It’s beyond me how people can think an immobile striker like Wood is the answer to a different question. That’s not to be unkind to Wood, who has his strengths, but he is simply not the type of footballer our system now requires
He'd be offside more than Barnes, and that would take some doing.
I've nothing against Chris, he did a good job for us over the years, but he definitely isn't what we need.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:26 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:50 pm
I don’t buy that we were ever interested and, if we were, imagine that would end if we sign Churlinov.
Kompany literally said last week that Cabral was a player they were looking at and and tried on

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:30 pm

Mattster wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:17 pm
I'm hopeful that Kompany feels we don't need a striker because he thinks that Richardson (once up to full fitness) will be ready to make the breakthrough. Probably not but I can dream.
Richardson is probably more of a number 10 than a striker.