Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL DISCUSSION

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:49 pm

Surely First Belgian Manager was the question

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:52 pm

With the apparent external view of Burnley as having more than their share of racists, a question asked in this way is just a bizarre thing to put forward to the manager.

If we’re serious about our reputation as a club (going back to Pace’s ‘everyone’s favourite underdog comment) and attracting investment, questions such as this could actually hinder progress.

One harmless but ill thought out question could have damaged a really good opportunity to show Burnley in a very different, more positive light.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:54 pm

groove wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:19 pm
If he's asked that question, he was probably under instruction to.
And didn't have the common sense or intelligence to say no???

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:54 pm

This is what happens when virtue signalling goes horribly wrong, stupid question, no need for it. VK's surprise shows that he didn't know that it was coming.
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:55 pm

groove wrote:
Then why have the club scrubbed all footage of the press conference?

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:56 pm

Don’t want to contribute to this thread going off topic but I prefer to be colourblind on these matters and judge all our players and management entirely on performance and behaviour. Other elements are of total irrelevance to me so I don’t really know why Birdy would have asked that question.

It is a shame because I logged onto social media to see news on Blackpool and Churlinov, so if the club has pulled all comms about the interview that is an inconvenience.
These 2 users liked this post: nil_desperandum Colburn_Claret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:03 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:21 pm
Stop making stuff up to carry on your silly views.
I’m not going to ask you to post a link to corroborate what you said because I know it won’t.

And whilst opinions are fine expect to be called out for ones that have no basis or evidence. Remember the context of why you said he would ‘transform the team’……it was in the same post where you are accusing the club for faffing about for the sake of a few quid after posting several hundred times about Pace taking all the money out of the club to pay himself and service the debt. So of course you are going to have an unsubstantiated double dig at the club.

As for your last paragraph of you being happy sh-it a brick I would not like to see you unhappy…..actually forget that as of course we have seen you unhappy for the last few years under Dyche so I guess it’s all relative. It’s just a spectrum of moaning for you.
Where do I even start with this waffle?

I say a player like O'Hare would transform this side and suddenly it's a huge negative and controversial. I actually think that's a positive, we're so close squad wise.

I did not say Pace took any money out of BFC to pay himself, that would be libel. You just made that bulls**t up for what reason? my attention?

Whilst reading my opinion on the transfer thread, please remember this is my opinion and my opinion only. When I say I think O'Hare would be brilliant here, that doesn't mean I'm moaning..... just stating what I'd like to see happen in the window.

I've no idea why you would think I'm unhappy, unhappy at the way ALK bought the club is all I've moaned at. Not even a tiny negative word has been written about VK from me, love the football, I'd like to see 1-2 of real quality in the final 3rd.

Goody1975
Been Liked: 978 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by Goody1975 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:07 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:56 pm
Don’t want to contribute to this thread going off topic but I prefer to be colourblind on these matters and judge all our players and management entirely on performance and behaviour. Other elements are of total irrelevance to me so I don’t really know why Birdy would have asked that question.
As do 99.9% of our town and supporters, it made our manager feel uncomfortable and it does nothing to improve the stigma unfairly attached to our town and club by people from miles outside it.

Would any other club have asked their manager a similar question? I fear it's people trying too hard to say the right things and coming up woefully short.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:09 pm

So why are we now filling the transfer thread about Phil Bird's potentially racist question at the press conference? this is off topic, just like the constant puns and awful jokes.

Hypocrites

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:12 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:09 pm
So why are we now filling the transfer thread about Phil Bird's potentially racist question at the press conference? this is off topic, just like the constant puns and awful jokes.

Hypocrites
Calm down.

It was my fault by posting a link to the press conference in the first place, I assumed (incorrectly) that the news from the press conference would be about Churlinov.

If the mods could split the thread to give the press conference a thread of it's own it would be ideal.
This user liked this post: jen1066

Jellybean
Been Liked: 155 times
Has Liked: 799 times

Post by Jellybean » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 pm

Flip side to him asking the question is that there is so much focus on race at the moment, triggered by the BLM protests.

Discussions are everywhere so in his way he was probably trying to raise our as a pertinent topic and that is the first time we've had a black manager, with so much focus on how few are managing in the game generally This is why in my opinion we shouldn't focus so much on immutable characteristics, but this is the time we're in. I don't get how anyone is outraged given the climate?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:15 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:12 pm
Calm down.

It was my fault by posting a link to the press conference in the first place, I assumed (incorrectly) that the news from the press conference would be about Churlinov.

If the mods could split the thread to give the press conference a thread of it's own it would be ideal.
You were quick to jump on my back for potential off topic comments but this is blatant off topic foul. Like I said, hypocritical.

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:18 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:15 pm
You were quick to jump on my back for potential off topic comments but this is blatant off topic foul. Like I said, hypocritical.
I have requested that the thread be split.

Happy?

MODERATOR: We’ve tried that, I think this is the third thread that tried to address the issue, the other(s) having been closed down due to squabbling. It seems some posters cannot help themselves.

groove
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by groove » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:20 pm

claretandy wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:55 pm
Then why have the club scrubbed all footage of the press conference?
I wasn't aware of that when I commented. I just presumed such a question would have been scripted in this day and age.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:18 pm
Errr let me think for a minute
Why would anyone think you are unhappy supporting Burnley ?

Is this a trick question ? I’m going to have a wild guess that people might get the impression you could be a tiny bit unhappy given you spend half your life posting negative stuff about the club.
For years it was about Dyche…..and now it’s about Pace and ALK.

We get it - you don’t like the way the club was bought. Neither do I or most Burnley fans - the difference is 99% of supporters do not feel the need to continuously post the same sh-it over and over again…..every single day, on multiple threads and multiple posts.
Do you not have work to go to or a holiday you can take ?
Have you got your girlfriend Jen1066 liking your posts? she's been really fast at liking, surprised shes even had time to read your waffle.

What relevance does any of your waffle have to do with the transfer window?

I said O'Hare would be a fantastic signing and suddenly you start trying to argue with me and bringing up Dyche?

You're typing style is awfully familiar, what was your previous username?

groove
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by groove » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:25 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:54 pm
And didn't have the common sense or intelligence to say no???
I was thinking someone higher up at the club might have instructed him to ask that question as a bit of PR stunt to emphasise our diversity as opposed to the preconceived Brexit Burnley image.

lrac
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 283 times

Post by lrac » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:29 pm

Any news on Lowton and long ?

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:38 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:24 pm
Have you got your girlfriend Jen1066 liking your posts? she's been really fast at liking, surprised shes even had time to read your waffle.

What relevance does any of your waffle have to do with the transfer window?

I said O'Hare would be a fantastic signing and suddenly you start trying to argue with me and bringing up Dyche?

You're typing style is awfully familiar, what was your previous username?
From the king of waffle and bullish-it that’s saying something.
I’m bringing up Dyche because it’s obvious that you clearly enjoy sticking the boot into the club….and have done for years now.

Seriously get yourself a job, or go on holiday or even get yourself a girlfriend since you brought up that infantile comment yourself.
Whatever it is take a rest from the board - it will do you good (and everyone else)

MODERATOR: Seriously KR, you bait posters and then cry foul more of less every time they retaliate.
Please folk, don’t react… its about a third of the complaints we get on here. But most are petty and not worthy of banning orders… has as been proved time and again, but is more successful in getting threads pulled.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

jos
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 294 times

Post by jos » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:39 pm

burnleymik wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:04 pm
They seem to have removed all reference to that presser now, from all social media sources.

Still not seeing any news on Churlinov?
It’s a shame that this ‘person’ decided to publish the question on twitter, despite BFC trying to suppress PB’s stupidity

https://twitter.com/abbie_bfc/status/15 ... e2dv1lizUw

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:45 pm

Just waded through a page an a half hoping to read about potential in-comings and all I get is Phil Bird's interview. What has that got to do with this link?
This user liked this post: jen1066

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Jellybean wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 pm
Flip side to him asking the question is that there is so much focus on race at the moment, triggered by the BLM protests.

Discussions are everywhere so in his way he was probably trying to raise our as a pertinent topic and that is the first time we've had a black manager, with so much focus on how few are managing in the game generally This is why in my opinion we shouldn't focus so much on immutable characteristics, but this is the time we're in. I don't get how anyone is outraged given the climate?
People get sensitive at the drop of a hat about the slightest of things, that said it was a daft clumsy question which didn't need asking & wouldn't have sparked all this, we need more debate & education instead of censoring free speech & brushing spikey issues under thick carpets.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:49 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:38 pm
From the king of waffle and bullish-it that’s saying something.
I’m bringing up Dyche because it’s obvious that you clearly enjoy sticking the boot into the club….and have done for years now.

Seriously get yourself a job, or go on holiday or even get yourself a girlfriend since you brought up that infantile comment yourself.
Whatever it is take a rest from the board - it will do you good (and everyone else)
I have no idea what brought on this emotional outburst?

I say O'Hare would transform this team and you get angry.
I don't type a single negative word about VK and speak highly of the team, you get angry and start bringing up Dyche.

This is a topic about the transfer window, I'm not discussing the finances surrounding the takeover on here, you're a week late.

Lets keep it on topic and stop quoting me, I think O'Hare would be excellent here and transform our attacking play, you think otherwise. It's fine to disagree, we don't need to argue about it, that's not gonna get us anywhere.

I'm not entertaining your waffle any further until you reveal your other username.

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:49 pm

Quicknick wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:45 pm
Just waded through a page an a half hoping to read about potential in-comings and all I get is Phil Bird's interview. What has that got to do with this link?
Like I said it's my fault for posting the link to the press conference, I obviously didn't know the fallout from it.

As for transfers, Churlinov is closer but not complete yet (or wasn't this afternoon) 👍
This user liked this post: Quicknick

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:51 pm

None more sensitive than that fella who wouldn't go to game because the players knelt down for 5 seconds.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:58 pm

Quicknick wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:45 pm
Unfortunately nobody had the foresight to title the thread "Transfer Rumours Thread - NO FINANCIAL OR PHIL BIRD'S WEIRD BLACK MANAGER QUESTION DISCUSSION"

Ah well, you live and learn.
These 3 users liked this post: jen1066 Quicknick Jellybean

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:05 pm

Phil and/or the media dept. made a mistake. They’ll be better educated next time. Let’s move on
These 2 users liked this post: Jakubclaret jen1066

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:32 pm

I have to say that that type of question is incredibly common in the USA. 'How's it feel to be the first black quarterback to win so-and-so' for example. Is not every time someone of color or different gender that then norm does something not the most important question in the UK like it is in the USA? What if we had a female manager, I'm sure she'd get the same type of questions only more often.

He's doing a great job so far, I wish no one cared what his skin color was, but to a lot of people, good and hopefully very few bad, it does.

distortiondave
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by distortiondave » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:47 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:32 pm
I have to say that that type of question is incredibly common in the USA. 'How's it feel to be the first black quarterback to win so-and-so' for example. Is not every time someone of color or different gender that then norm does something not the most important question in the UK like it is in the USA? What if we had a female manager, I'm sure she'd get the same type of questions only more often.

He's doing a great job so far, I wish no one cared what his skin color was, but to a lot of people, good and hopefully very few bad, it does.
I'm not getting too involved in this, but Jedi made the (correct) point further up that the question isn't that offensive, it's just very odd in the build up to the FIFTH game of the season. The one just before the season starts (how does it feel to be the first black manager to lead Burnley out in the league) or shortly after his appointment would be fine, but why now, and when it's asked by a 60 odd year old northern white man from a parochial town poorly regarded for it's race relations then it smacks of ignorance somewhat.
It's not the end of the world though.

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 763 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by Guller Bull » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:48 pm

Delap has signed for Stoke on a season long loan.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:01 pm

groove wrote:
Doubt it, looking at the managers reaction

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:10 pm

Elbarad wrote:

which country do you live in, Elbarad?

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:15 pm

Elbarad wrote:

If not trying to make a point, why did he not just ask how it felt to be Burnley first foreign manager... Why bring colour into it? I'd sack him because he's a crap at his day job, never mind this incident

KefkaClaret
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Post by KefkaClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:27 pm

Ukranian striker we were linked to signed for a turkish team.

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1132 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:31 pm

Guller Bull wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:48 pm
Delap has signed for Stoke on a season long loan.
I think we'll regret not going for him

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 561 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:39 pm

KefkaClaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:27 pm
Done well to sign for a Turkish club and still be playing for his Ukrainian club in europa league as we speak
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:39 pm

NRC wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:10 pm
which country do you live in, Elbarad?
United States

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:42 pm

KefkaClaret wrote:
No idea where you got that from but it's fake news, He's playing right now in the Europa League for Dnipro.

claretandy

Post by claretandy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:44 pm

KefkaClaret wrote:
he's playing for Dnipro...

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:46 pm

SalisburyClaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:05 pm
Phil and/or the media dept. made a mistake. They’ll be better educated next time. Let’s move on
Most people don't get that second chance.. Bumble?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:46 pm

He got confused with Artem Dzyuba the Russian giant who signed for Adana today

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:47 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:31 pm
Doubt it

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:47 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:31 pm
TBH I haven't heard one word from VK which implied he was vaguely interested in signing Delap.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:54 pm

Delap will most likely thrive at this level and do really well for Stoke, however I can understand why we wouldn’t be interested. 4 loan signings in the starting eleven would be a bit much

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:47 pm
Doubt it
Okay

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:57 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:54 pm
Delap will most likely thrive at this level and do really well for Stoke, however I can understand why we wouldn’t be interested. 4 loan signings in the starting eleven would be a bit much
What makes you think he would thrive at this level?

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:57 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:54 pm
Better than the options we have currently

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:56 pm
Okay
Like I've asked previously, what evidence is there that he would be good for us?

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:57 pm
What makes you think he would thrive at this level?
What makes you think he wouldn't

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 pm
Like I've asked previously, what evidence is there that he would be good for us?
What a stupid quote, you can say that about every single player we've brought in :lol:

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:04 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:39 pm
United States
ok, thanks - just wanted to check, because I don't believe it's phrased that way. I would suggest African American has become de-facto IF you are not AA yourself