Where is Sean going to pop up?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: Where is Sean going to pop up?

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:11 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:09 pm
Fantastic results but it wasn’t great football.

The first promotion was better football.
Agree, it was efficient, winning football, bullying teams through Gray / Vokes / Barton. Some horrendous football though, I remember being 2-0 down at Bolton, should have been 4, we were absolutely terrible, then Gray randomly grabs a hattrick, it was mad. Happened a few times.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:25 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:11 pm
Agree, it was efficient, winning football, bullying teams through Gray / Vokes / Barton. Some horrendous football though, I remember being 2-0 down at Bolton, should have been 4, we were absolutely terrible, then Gray randomly grabs a hattrick, it was mad. Happened a few times.
Don't know what game you were watching, but we weren't 2-0 down at Bolton, we went 1-0 down midway through the 2nd half, then Gray got 2 late on to send us top.

AwayClaret
Been Liked: 163 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by AwayClaret » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:26 pm

RVclaret wrote:
We won 2-1 and Gray scored 2. :D

Edit the tiger beat me to it grrrrr

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:28 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:25 pm
Don't know what game you were watching, but we weren't 2-0 down at Bolton, we went 1-0 down midway through the 2nd half, then Gray got 2 late on to send us top.
I stand corrected on the score!

Raconteur
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by Raconteur » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:15 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Totally agree with this (not the Bolton score) . The first promotion under Dyche we played some great high intensity football. Not so much in the 2015/16 season. From the season 2015/16 i can honestly only remember one top class performance where we looked the complete team.

That was Brentford away and it only lasted for 45 minutes in the first half, getting out of sight at 3 nil.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:19 pm

Raconteur wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:15 pm
Totally agree with this. The first promotion under Dyche we played some great high intensity football. Not so much in the 2015/16 season. From the season 2015/16 i can honestly only remember one top class performance where we looked the complete team.

That was Brentford away and it only lasted for 45 minutes in the first half, getting out of sight at 3 nil.
The 2013/14 was always more exciting given it was so unexpected and that season two key players were Trippier & Ings.

Both gone two seasons later, played a different way but I’m not having it that there was only one top class performance in a season that brought 93 points. That first half at Brentford was outstanding but there were other outstanding performances too.
These 4 users liked this post: Stproc Rowls Im_not_Robbie_Blake claret54

Raconteur

Post by Raconteur » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:34 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:19 pm
The 2013/14 was always more exciting given it was so unexpected and that season two key players were Trippier & Ings.

Both gone two seasons later, played a different way but I’m not having it that there was only one top class performance in a season that brought 93 points. That first half at Brentford was outstanding but there were other outstanding performances too.
Don't have it then Tony. It's all about opinions and what one person's idea of a top class performance where we looked a COMPLETE TEAM may differ from person to person so it doesn't mean that i am right or wrong and the same goes for you.

I did not miss a game that season. Yes we had some good performances but i stand by my opinion that the only top class COMPLETE TEAM performance came in those first 45 minutes at Brentford

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:41 pm

I do remember coming away from quite a lot of games the second time round thinking how the hell did we win that.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:47 pm

Raconteur wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:34 pm
Don't have it then Tony. It's all about opinions and what one person's idea of a top class performance where we looked a COMPLETE TEAM may differ from person to person so it doesn't mean that i am right or wrong and the same goes for you.

I did not miss a game that season. Yes we had some good performances but i stand by my opinion that the only top class COMPLETE TEAM performance came in those first 45 minutes at Brentford
That first half was exceptional but we scored five goals in the previous away game three days earlier while we were in the middle of a run at home where we scored four three times in four.

Totally different team because of the departures of Trippier & Ings but still some outstanding performances although I agree the best 45 mins was that first half at Brentford.
These 2 users liked this post: Rowls Raconteur

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:55 pm

Remember away to Birmingham. That roar at the end from the away end !
This user liked this post: Sgt. Pepper

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by KlyBfc » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:02 pm

TheOriginalLongsider wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:55 pm
Remember away to Birmingham. That roar at the end from the away end !
One of my favourite away days

Raconteur

Post by Raconteur » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:26 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:47 pm
That first half was exceptional but we scored five goals in the previous away game three days earlier while we were in the middle of a run at home where we scored four three times in four.

Totally different team because of the departures of Trippier & Ings but still some outstanding performances although I agree the best 45 mins was that first half at Brentford.
Looking back maybe i am being a bit harsh. Leading up to the Brentford game, we did have a decent week, with the win at Boro the weekend before and then the 5-0 win at MK. It was quite a busy week.

I do think we grinded out the majority of games at times but that is what Champions do. What made those games just as special was the atmosphere, especially away from home. That's not to say it was bad at home, Boro as an example. The game was a bit of a anti climax but boy the atmosphere was unbelievable . That's the thing I am hoping for this season. Atmosphere and feelgood factor above all.

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:43 pm

I would ay we steamrollered teams, rather than we ground out results. We were a very efficient machine that season m particularly in that superb 23 undefeated run. I loved it but also agree that the first Dyche promotion had a bit more flair..largely due to Trippier and Ings, two top=class quality players who regularly combined to produce goals. That first half at home to Forest that season , when we went in 3-0 up, was the equivalent of Brentford A two years later.
These 4 users liked this post: Rowls tiger76 ClaretTony claret54

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:52 am

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:56 pm
It really p!sses me off the disrespect SD gets from the moaning minnies. Twice he got us promoted playing some wonderful football with plenty of goals and sound defence. He gets us into the PL where our players are not of the highest quality goes pragmatic and makes us hard to beat and they bleat even more. If he’d played a more open style we’d have been a yo-yo team like the baggies or Fulham. They’d have had him sacked for getting relegated again.
PR!CKS.
I don’t think it is disrespect, it is just peoples opinions. Many people rated him, a few were indifferent.
No need to call people PR!CKS just because they hold different views than yourself.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2473 times
Has Liked: 2010 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:41 am

Jamesy wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:52 am
I don’t think it is disrespect, it is just peoples opinions. Many people rated him, a few were indifferent.
No need to call people PR!CKS just because they hold different views than yourself.
Fair enough, they just p!ss me off. It’s the same gang all the time. They were doing it when we were in Europe.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2258 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:52 am

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:25 pm
See my thread on revisionist history.

It’s absolutely insane the mental gymnastics people make to justify their false beliefs

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:28 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:41 am
Fair enough, they just p!ss me off. It’s the same gang all the time. They were doing it when we were in Europe.
I get your point but football is a subjective sport and opinions will differ.
I thought Dyche was great for the club for the majority of his tenure and had us punching above our weight for longer than many of us could reasonably expect.
The last couple of seasons weren’t pretty, however the Covid no fans season wasn’t a good watch for supporters of many clubs.
I think the new owners showed a real level of naivety by giving him an enhanced 4 year deal then firing him shortly afterwards. Let’s hope they persevere with Kompany if the results aren’t initially going our way.
Regarding the OP, I do believe we will see him working again before Christmas but unlike when we appointed him and he was eager for a job he now has plenty of money and time on his side and doesn’t need to rush in. He is an astute man and will wait for the opportunity that suits him best.