ARTICLE: Everton expected to approach Burnley for Heath

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

ARTICLE: Everton expected to approach Burnley for Heath

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:22 pm

maccclaret
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Re: ARTICLE: Everton expected to approach Burnley for Heath

Post by maccclaret » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:16 pm

It’s interesting to speculate for us and Heath what might have happened had he stayed.

It has clearly turned out to be the peak of his managerial career, but maybe he’d realised he was nothing without John Ward.

Again, with hindsight, it feels like a lucky escape for us, because we were on the wane after Ward left. But it’s interesting reading about the signings that were lined up, because it looks like (spoiler alert) we were targeting a lot more quality than we ended up with.

There’s not many in the “they’ll never play for Burnley again” league amongst the names mentioned so far in this series.

Maybe Heath spaffed the transfer budget up the wall and left Waddle shopping in the bargain bucket.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:23 pm

I have to admit that I didn't realise we'd been linked with so many players until I started researching it but, and it's been commented on, I've never known a manager spill the beans on just about everything like he did.

Anyway, we'll know in a day or two I suppose whether he decides to stay or go. :D

maccclaret
Been Liked: 171 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by maccclaret » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:31 pm

Potentially a backward step for HK, Heath and Jordan Pickford’s Everton…..

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by dandeclaret » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:49 pm

Ah look, if he goes, he goes. We need a big name manager, who can bring some profile to the club, and sign some exciting young players - maybe the England Under 21 captain, that we can develop and sell for profits.

The club needed a reset, and a removal from the policy of signing old pro's who we can't sell......
This user liked this post: ClaretTony