Vydra Updates from the Czech Republic

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6858 times
Has Liked: 1470 times

Re: Vydra Updates from the Czech Republic

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:59 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:54 pm
It depends whether loss of sanity is considered a workplace injury :lol:

I’m absolutely agreeing we should support the players recovery and pay for any treatment, etc. I said that immediately when he got injured. It’s just the actually continuation of his salary until he recovers I can’t get my head around.

I’d say that should be an insurance he takes. If it’s the club that takes it for a reasonable fee, that’s not so bad.

I see your point re: players not wanting to play towards the end of their contracts, but in my mind they sign up to do a job for x years and they should honour that. Or not be paid, as I wouldn’t if I didn’t or under performed.

Just generally though I think player power has gone too far. For example, I hear of players “wanting out” now (Weghorst) and some fans saying we must sell everyone who does. I just see it that they’ve signed a contract on terms & should be professional and crack on if the club need or ask them to.

And don’t get me started on agents…
Yeah I hear you. I think it works both ways though. Players can be sold/loaned out with very little say in the matter too.

At the end of the day footballers are contractors just like you, it’s just that they can demand better terms because what they do is perceived as more valuable than what you do (no offence :lol: ).

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3020 times
Has Liked: 3737 times

Post by NewClaret » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:13 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:59 pm
Yeah I hear you. I think it works both ways though. Players can be sold/loaned out with very little say in the matter too.

At the end of the day footballers are contractors just like you, it’s just that they can demand better terms because what they do is perceived as more valuable than what you do (no offence :lol: ).
No offence taken. They most certainly can :lol:

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:24 am

If we aren't going to give Vyds a new contract, then surely we'll need another 2 strikers, as it stands we've got Barnes, Jay & Richardson, the first 2 are ageing and increasingly injury prone now, well the latter is unproven at senior level, and has also suffered a spat of injuries over the past year or so.

Hope Vydra fully recovers from his latest injury, and does get himself a move in time.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32058 times
Has Liked: 5241 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:31 am

NewClaret wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:54 pm

I’m absolutely agreeing we should support the players recovery and pay for any treatment, etc. I said that immediately when he got injured. It’s just the actually continuation of his salary until he recovers I can’t get my head around.
It's not a matter of should support, we have to, it's a FIFA ruling and rightly so. As for paying him, he's currently unable to work due to an injury sustained on company business for Burnley. Had he fallen down the stairs at home then that's different.