ARTICLE: Glennon joins Cropper at Grimsby

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32059 times
Has Liked: 5241 times

ARTICLE: Glennon joins Cropper at Grimsby

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:54 pm

Anthony Glennon signed a deal with Grimsby

See link
https://www.uptheclarets.com/glennon-jo ... at-grimsby

Suratclaret
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 784 times

Re: ARTICLE: Glennon joins Cropper at Grimsby

Post by Suratclaret » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:15 am

I could well be wrong but didn’t we have high hopes if Glennon at one time? Good, though, that he’s got a contract for two years…good luck to him.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6335 times
Has Liked: 8645 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:04 am

Good luck to the lad.

ecc
Been Liked: 1391 times
Has Liked: 1270 times

Post by ecc » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:06 am

I suspect many people will disagree with me and will do so for different reasons. And they may well be right.

Here goes:

I feel that this lad getting an L2 deal after arriving at TM from Liverpool having no professional experience is a sign that we're doing something right at Academy level.

Yes, yes I hear you say "What have we got out of it? Nothing. On the contrary, it's COST us to have him at Burnley with no ROI". And I can't deny that.

However, he must have developed during his time here. It's true we don't know whether he would have a got a pro deal had he not joined us.

Whatever. What is true is that his case is not what we need. Had we got a fee for him, it would have been a start. Had he got a deal with an L1 club so much the better.

The same applies to Jordan Cropper. He was playing in the Northern Premier League when we signed him. Now he's in L2.

Of course, what we're aiming for is getting lads in to our team irrespective of their age when joining the club. Simple it sounds. But we have to believe we're moving in the right direction regardless of the situation in terms of Academy status.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:32 am

Glad for Glennon he's got a league club to pick him up, he did look like pushing for a 1st team slot not long ago, but at least he's got security for a couple of years, and at a club on the up again after many years in the doldrums.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32059 times
Has Liked: 5241 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:38 am

I'm really pleased for both of them. Both had injury issues, come through them and got contracts now with a league club. Both have played there before too. Really good to see the number of players from our academy now involved with league clubs.
This user liked this post: Suratclaret