Thoughts on our window so far

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Re: Thoughts on our window so far

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:02 pm

Pretty good start to what was always going to be a very busy window.

Some much needed youth is through the door early, if Muleka signs then that’s another to add to the youthful look. Add to that Bastien who is at a very good age to balance things out too.

Will there be a few surprise names to come in….? I think there will be.

IF VK does decide to “raid” , and not “damage” Anderlecht after all, then I’d like to see him bring Ashimeru if the interest in him was genuine, he looks a real handful. Also Cullen would be ideal for a long Championship season .

Great start, let’s see what occurs in the next few weeks

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:17 pm

Papabendi wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:09 pm
impossible to say, good bad or indifferent - havent seen any of the players signed, play.
I might be totally wrong here, but I’ve a funny feeling VK and our recruitment team will have seen these lads play.
This user liked this post: warksclaret

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:18 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:17 pm
I might be totally wrong here, but I’ve a funny feeling VK and our recruitment team will have seen these lads play.
That misses the point of the thread and the post you have quoted.

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:18 pm

Great to see us making early signings for a change. VK obviously making an influential draw to the club which is a really positive sign. We won't know how good or not anyone will be until they start playing together but dramatically lowering the age of our squad, bringing in hungry, ambitious players who also have reputations of being able to pass the ball, feel comfortable on it and the ability to get forward makes for an exciting prospect. A change in system or in formation and the possibility of being less predictable in our style of play will be a refreshing change.

The thing for me that is the most important is this, is the potential of the new squad any possible improvement on the previous squad had we stayed with the same ponderous, aging workhorses that we had before. Yes Tarks, Mee and Pope have gone but so have so many others who are not up to the task. I firmly believe we have started to build a squad which can get us back up at the first attempt, whether it will be good enough to keep us in the PL when they have gone up is another thing but that time is in the future and not now. Our focus is on promotion for this season and I believe we have more chance now than we did at the end of May. UTC.

Longsidejono
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by Longsidejono » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:21 pm

Looks ‘good’ we had to sign players obviously, hard to say really on paper look like good youngsters can they get us out the championship?, harwood bellis comes across as a Gary Cahill situation, if he has a unbelievable season we won’t get a sniff if he has a average season back to city setup shame for the likes of mcnally and Thomas, given we keep Collins 🙄

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:22 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:17 pm
You’ve totally misunderstood the post

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:46 pm

ashtonlongsider wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:48 pm
The windows been very interesting, and early signs are promising. However if we are going to have a successful season we need to keep the core of last seasons squad and that's the part that concerns me. Evolution not revolution.
This is my thoughts too

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:55 pm

Signings so far look good on paper but mostly based on appearances in leagues not as competitive as the Championship
Losing the likes of Collins and McNeil would be disappointing (not so bothered about Roberts and Cornet) but if the money is good or they express a wish to go then it will happen, so it is still going to be a difficult season
Would still like to see some strength added to centre mid
Bookies mainly have us to finish around 6th and I think we have to be realistic in accepting that as our best chance

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by leelad » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:38 pm

So far so good. Good to see that we are making signings early on in pre season instead of waiting until the last week of August before starting to think about potential incomings. The new signings add much needed youth to our squad and all of them have come across in the media well. I'll judge them after the first three games of this season. Huddersfield, Luton & Watford. This will be a challenging start to the season. The older players that are still at the club will play an important role in bringing these players through and in developing them within our squad. We are going to need that mix of experience and youth this season for sure.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:45 pm

alwaysaclaret wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:46 pm
This is my thoughts too
Allowing the squad to stagnate for so long has meant that it is going to have to be more revolution than evolution. The younger players ought to have been introduced to the squad slowly and carefully over time but the club chose not to do that and so this is what we are left with.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:47 pm

In previous windows under the old regime we rarely if ever invested in the 19-23 age group who are crucial to the future of the club, we were always pursuing the old timers like Stephens, Lennon, Peiters and Bardsley all good pros but past there best with no sell on value and large wages.

Good to see the club taking a different stance
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 ClaretMov

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:03 pm

The difference with the old 'youth brings you nothing' theory is that we have brought them in early enough for them to meld into VK's vision of how he wants us to play.
I can easily see us setting up in a 3-5-1-1 formation next season which, if Collins stays could see a back three of CJ E-R, Collins, H-B who can all play with the ball at their feet and are quick enough to cover right across the line.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:18 pm

We've got some good young prospects for decent money but I do still think we need a real winning spine. A Barton type (a winner who can drag the team across the line) and a Gray type (a goalscorer) should be two priorities imo.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:46 pm

Fine so far. Worried about potential losses though.

SGr
Been Liked: 1022 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by SGr » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:46 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:18 pm
We've got some good young prospects for decent money but I do still think we need a real winning spine. A Barton type (a winner who can drag the team across the line) and a Gray type (a goalscorer) should be two priorities imo.
Agree with this

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:53 pm

SGr wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:46 pm
Fine so far. Worried about potential losses though.
If players want out then they have to be sold.
Only when we know who is staying or leaving will we get a real picture of what's needed, and what kind of outlay will be required.
I am happy with the investment in youth but we will need experience, whether it is with players we keep or players we may sign.
Jury's out.

maidenover
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by maidenover » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:01 am

We have lost Tarkowski, Mee, Pope and Wood, all good, experienced premier league players from our squad and it was the core of our team. (I know Wood had a poor last season but remember form is temporary…) With those in the team I believe we would have gone straight back up, probably automatically. This is all hypothetical, players are bound to leave for money reasons anyway but I use it as a baseline before the new team are assembled, as to if we can get promoted automatically.

It’s hard to assess these signings until you see them play a few games; though we have to believe VK is a decent judge and thinks they are good enough. The lads from City come from a very good school and it wouldn’t totally surprise me if THB is the next Gary Cahill and Egan Riley the next Trippier. Twine is one I thought we should have bought before his last move. Mc Nally seems to be racing through the levels but hopefully not a step too far. Its also looking like we have any academy kid coming in to replace Pope. I do like the age reduction that we badly mismanaged over the last few years but it’s hard to imagine all five of the new lads will turn out good enough individually and gell at the same time to replace the core I mentioned at the start of my post.

Anyway tbf to the club they haven’t finished the rebuild so we should all wait until that’s done. I can see more experience coming in but think that will be close to the season starting or even as it gets underway
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

clive40golf
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by clive40golf » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:49 am

maidenover wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:01 am
We have lost Tarkowski, Mee, Pope and Wood, all good, experienced premier league players from our squad and it was the core of our team. (I know Wood had a poor last season but remember form is temporary…) With those in the team I believe we would have gone straight back up, probably automatically. This is all hypothetical, players are bound to leave for money reasons anyway but I use it as a baseline before the new team are assembled, as to if we can get promoted automatically.

It’s hard to assess these signings until you see them play a few games; though we have to believe VK is a decent judge and thinks they are good enough. The lads from City come from a very good school and it wouldn’t totally surprise me if THB is the next Gary Cahill and Egan Riley the next Trippier. Twine is one I thought we should have bought before his last move. Mc Nally seems to be racing through the levels but hopefully not a step too far. Its also looking like we have any academy kid coming in to replace Pope. I do like the age reduction that we badly mismanaged over the last few years but it’s hard to imagine all five of the new lads will turn out good enough individually and gell at the same time to replace the core I mentioned at the start of my post.

Anyway tbf to the club they haven’t finished the rebuild so we should all wait until that’s done. I can see more experience coming in but think that will be close to the season starting or even as it gets underway
Very fair assessment that. Totally agree with everything you wrote.

Suratclaret
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 787 times

Post by Suratclaret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:07 am

I’m quite excited by what’s happened so far but I guess it will be September before we can know the final picture. If some players are really intent on leaving, hope it’s soon to allow maximum time to recruit further.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:09 am

Saying from the past. You'll never win anything with kids - but they did !!!

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:50 am

Stayingup wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:09 am
Saying from the past. You'll never win anything with kids - but they did !!!
I assume you are referring to the Class of 92, true they did, but that squad also contained a strong spine of experience, Cantona, Keane and their defence notably, this alongside the youthful attacking element meant they had the perfect blend, and this is the challenge for VK to attain at Burnley. moulding the younger players into a cohesive unit, well retaining their attacking flair, not an easy task to undertake in such a short time frame, especially given we've lost the key defenders in our side, in Mee, Pope and Tarks.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:05 am

Very pleased so far - the departures seemed obvious, none have gone yet I didn’t expect, just a tad disappointed in the Pope fee.

The manager was signed in the window of course - very pleased with that.

The incoming players - that City won’t let THB go is very promising, the other lad looks like a steal though, he sounds / acts like he will be a top player, a la Kyle Walker. No risk signing for that fee, especially if we keep Roberts for time taken to bed in and develop. Twine I’m delighted by, looks a bit Maddison-esque. Hopefully McNally will be first reserve on the bench - he won't be top 6 in this league yet.

We still need to keep Collins mainly, and McNeil for me. We need a sweeper keeper, 20 goal striker and a defensive midfielder. But after that I’ll be happy.

So far - 9 out of 10 but a chance the final score could be 7 or 10.
This user liked this post: MrVmax

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:13 am

maidenover wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:01 am

Excellent post

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:28 am

Thoughts - I have two only!
1 Absolutely gutted to lose Ben.
2 Pleased to have brought in some good quality so far.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:37 am

Does anyone know how much involvement Kompany has had with the signings?

Luke Chadwick is an interesting case because he played 40 times for United and was highly rated by Ferguson at one point. He probably has a PL winners medal because he played 16 games for Utd in 2000-2001.

By the time he came to us he looked shot of confidence and his speed was often let down by poor technical ability and a lack of vision. He eventually found his level in League 1 and had a fairly successful career. He's also quite prominent on social media so you can hear his side of the story.

My memory of him was that although he had come highly rated by United he didn't look to have the physical strength to play in the Championship. I guess he had impressed as a youngster largely because of his pace but he simply didn't develop enough to maintain his early promise as a PL player but eventually became highly rated by MK Dons and is an engaging listen.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:59 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:37 am
All of them have said they spoke to Kompany on the phone before joining and were very excited to work under him.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:02 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:37 am

Luke Chadwick is an interesting case because he played 40 times for United and was highly rated by Ferguson at one point. He probably has a PL winners medal because he played 16 games for Utd in 2000-2001.

By the time he came to us he looked shot of confidence and his speed was often let down by poor technical ability and a lack of vision. He eventually found his level in League 1 and had a fairly successful career. He's also quite prominent on social media so you can hear his side of the story.

My memory of him was that although he had come highly rated by United he didn't look to have the physical strength to play in the Championship. I guess he had impressed as a youngster largely because of his pace but he simply didn't develop enough to maintain his early promise as a PL player but eventually became highly rated by MK Dons and is an engaging listen.
To answer your first question, considerable according to the new players although it is a question the club is pushing. Reading between the lines, Kompany had been involved since long before last season ended.

Chadwick - started like a house on fire but fizzled out at Burnley. I was told at the time that he was suffering from personal issues which have since become evident.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:09 am

Some considered views about our business thus far, I'd generally agree with the view that we've attracted some decent youngsters with plenty of promise, Twine is the obvious one who should hit the ground running, but I can understand some concern about the youthful nature of our CB pairing, particularly after being blessed with Mee/Tarks for so long.

Jury is still very much out, Pope brought in the funds to allow us to snap up these 4 signings, and we clearly are intent on chasing young prospects, which is exciting in one way, but does carry an element of risk if we sign too many at once, and this is the delicate balance VK needs to tread in our much needed rebuild.

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:09 am

Certainly more exciting that the rebuild under dyche would have been, seeing us sign Joe Allen on a 4 year deal.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:11 am

Granny WeatherWax wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:09 am
Certainly more exciting that the rebuild under dyche would have been, seeing us sign Joe Allen on a 4 year deal.
Don’t be ridiculous

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:21 am

If we keep Collins and McNeil it will be ok.

tiger76

Post by tiger76 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:25 am

FCBurnley wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:21 am
Key we keep them, Collins will likely be our most experienced defender, and probable captain material, and Dwight will provide goals and assists in the Champ, I'm resigned to losing Cornet, so we need to keep some creativity in our ranks.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:30 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:02 am
To answer your first question, considerable according to the new players although it is a question the club is pushing. Reading between the lines, Kompany had been involved since long before last season ended.

Chadwick - started like a house on fire but fizzled out at Burnley. I was told at the time that he was suffering from personal issues which have since become evident.
I recall he was quick and there was a lot of excitement at the start but mostly recall a lack of end product' I just didn't think he looked good enough right from the off but put it down to a lack of confidence.

Looking at the stats he did score 5 goals so maybe my memory of him harsher than the reality.

I think I read somewhere he expressed disappointment at the season because he enjoyed working with Stan and the team but didn't think he had done well enough.

Didn't follow his career much after that but he seemed to initially do ok at West Ham but less so at other clubs and eventually ended up in League 1 where he seemed to do very well and had a good career.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:33 am

FCBurnley wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:21 am
I agree, if we could keep these two (and possibly Cornet), I think we would have a good chance of promotion back to the PL. If we were to lose them though, it could change our whole dynamic. Fingers crossed they decide to stay.

MrVmax
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 82 times

Post by MrVmax » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:45 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:05 am
Very pleased so far - the departures seemed obvious, none have gone yet I didn’t expect, just a tad disappointed in the Pope fee.

The manager was signed in the window of course - very pleased with that.

The incoming players - that City won’t let THB go is very promising, the other lad looks like a steal though, he sounds / acts like he will be a top player, a la Kyle Walker. No risk signing for that fee, especially if we keep Roberts for time taken to bed in and develop. Twine I’m delighted by, looks a bit Maddison-esque. Hopefully McNally will be first reserve on the bench - he won't be top 6 in this league yet.

We still need to keep Collins mainly, and McNeil for me. We need a sweeper keeper, 20 goal striker and a defensive midfielder. But after that I’ll be happy.

So far - 9 out of 10 but a chance the final score could be 7 or 10.
I pretty much agree with everything you said. I also feel that Twine is going to prove to be fantastic business. Players like him , invaribly scale up the leagues well, ie. vision, speed of thought and eye for a pass. Whisper it, but I see a little bit of Blake in him, although perhaps not quite as physical. Hopefully it proves to be the case UTC

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:48 am

MrVmax wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:45 am
Whisper it, but I see a little bit of Blake in him
Exactly what someone said to me a couple of days before he signed.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6537 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:02 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:45 pm
Allowing the squad to stagnate for so long has meant that it is going to have to be more revolution than evolution. The younger players ought to have been introduced to the squad slowly and carefully over time but the club chose not to do that and so this is what we are left with.
It wasn’t the club.

Call it as it was, lest the club bashers hang on to this inaccuracy. It was SD, and it’s entirely possible they weren’t ready to step up.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6537 times

Post by bobinho » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:09 pm

We’ve been starved so long, if we brought in a 22 year old kit man from a premier league club we’d be deliriously happy. 😉🤣👍🏻

Seriously tho, looks to have been a very good window so far… and I’d be surprised if that’s it. If we keep those players linked with moves away, then adding another couple puts us right in the mix I reckon. Maybe not for outright promotion, but for a top half finish which I reckon would be a huge step forward given the rebuild/reset required.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:12 pm

bobinho wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:02 pm
It wasn’t the club.

Call it as it was, lest the club bashers hang on to this inaccuracy. It was SD, and it’s entirely possible they weren’t ready to step up.
I was referring to signing younger players from other clubs, not promoting youngsters from within.I didnt make that clear really.

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:13 pm

I know from one source at the the club that the big change Kompany vs Dyche is that players are queuing up wanting to play for Kompany.

This would be a particularly exciting proposition had we still been in the Prem with money to spend, as for a few players on the fence it may have tipped the scales in our favour. Nevertheless, it is still an advantage at our new level.

Whether Kompany proves to be as a good a manager as Dyche is a very different question.
This user liked this post: louieollie

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:24 pm

Early days yet lets hope we don't go to radical and sell the crown jewels.

We must keep hold of our best players if we are to be serious promotion contenders

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:37 pm

THB has played as many games in the championship as Collins, he’s not an out and out rookie.

CJ is an interesting one and probably the biggest risk of the signings so far, but also potentially the most promising…..I don’t think he will start on the team.

Also a lot of talk about Luke Chadwick…….to be fair he had a very decent career!

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by bumba » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:35 pm

Window so far has been exciting if nothing else.
I have t enjoyed or looked forward to one for a while, ours all became about holding on to our players rather than who we could bring in that was exciting.
Every signing had the same feel about it.

Wembley09
Been Liked: 75 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by Wembley09 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:38 pm

So far I am pleased, all young and wanted by numerous clubs before us.

I just hope Collins, Taylor and Cornet stay. Those 3 will be very strong assets.
This user liked this post: DCWat

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:52 pm

Like it or not, the transfer window is a an exciting part of football. The last few years have been pretty dull on that front, with the odd exception.

As gutted as I was to see Dyche leave, for us to be relegated and some
of our stalwarts leaving, I am now really looking forward to the new season.

It’ll be great to see a new group of players bedding in and showing us what they’re capable of, hopefully with more of an attacking emphasis.

If Kompany can harness the spirit that Dyche cultivated so well and the signings prove to be astute, the excitement will be well placed.

We certainly need more signings, but equally, keeping hold of some of the remaining experience (one or two of Collins, McNeil and Cornet) will be important.

Despite the excitement, there’s still trepidation. It’s a huge overhaul, the worry of not achieving promotion and what that may bring remains concerning. I can see what they’re trying to do though - let’s just hope they deliver.

Bring it on!
These 2 users liked this post: Wembley09 louieollie

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:56 pm

Shaping up really nicely.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:31 am

I love the fact these player's have all mentioned Kompany is the big reason for coming to Burnley and the lad yesterday said Kompany rang him direct before he was even manager and told him his plan's and wanted him to be part of it, it looks like Kompany has more pull than a 14 year old lad.

HalifaxClaret
Been Liked: 33 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by HalifaxClaret » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:13 am

Kompany has clearly been a big pull for a lot of those players. Another thing that everyone of them has mentioned on their interviews is the top class facilities. Something that we should thank Sean Dyche for.
This user liked this post: ClaretMov

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:36 am

HalifaxClaret wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:13 am
Kompany has clearly been a big pull for a lot of those players. Another thing that everyone of them has mentioned on their interviews is the top class facilities. Something that we should thank Sean Dyche for.
Definitely something to thank Dyche for.

I must admit though, I do find the constant references to the facilities, by the interviewer, a little bit cringey.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2589 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:43 am

A realistic judgement in the window? We’ve lost players a few levels above the ones we’ve brought in and are likely to lose a couple more.

It’ll remain exciting - signing youngsters and foreign lads we’ve never heard of - until we’re 2-0 down at Huddersfield after half an hour. But that’s what relegation brings and I’m fine with it.

You could sign half a dozen solid Championship types and guarantee a top 6 finish but we’ve probably had our fill of pragmatic, successful football. Of the ones we’ve brought in, Twine will be decent. Absolutely no idea on the rest.

Although that Belgian fella has achieved the impossible of making himself look terrible on a YouTube highlights video.