The Hundred

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Re: The Hundred

Post by Big Vinny K » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:00 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:39 am
I thought the reason behind it was they the ECB wanted a franchise league but the counties wouldn't give up the T20 competition so they came up with this gimmick instead.
We were at Headingley for the Test Match so I guess Gough didn’t want to mention that !!
I’m sure you are probably right and they were looking at replicating the Indian League.
The launch got delayed too by Covid.
Tbh I don’t know how it’s doing in terms of viewing figures, crowds, sustainability etc.
I watched the first couple when it was launched as I just love watching cricket and wanted to give it a go. Did not like the coverage at all or the franchise format either.
Most sports I follow I like to support a team or player for a reason - I find that impossible with The Hundred as the teams have no history, no DNA and are just a random mix of players with the only thing in common being money !! Same reason I have zero interest in IPL.
These 2 users liked this post: Steve-Harpers-perm summitclaret

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:45 am

‘T20 the highest skilled format of the game!’ Course it is.

LeadBelly
Been Liked: 998 times
Has Liked: 2044 times

Post by LeadBelly » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:00 am
We were at Headingley for the Test Match so I guess Gough didn’t want to mention that !!
I’m sure you are probably right and they were looking at replicating the Indian League.
The launch got delayed too by Covid.
Tbh I don’t know how it’s doing in terms of viewing figures, crowds, sustainability etc.
I watched the first couple when it was launched as I just love watching cricket and wanted to give it a go. Did not like the coverage at all or the franchise format either.
Most sports I follow I like to support a team or player for a reason - I find that impossible with The Hundred as the teams have no history, no DNA and are just a random mix of players with the only thing in common being money !! Same reason I have zero interest in IPL.
I agree with the last bit here, its difficult to get involved without an allegiance. I started watching (TV) the team based in Manchester v team based in Leeds last night but I just couldn't raise any excitement as if it were any sort of Lancs v Yorks contest. I found I couldnt care who won or lost and started doing something else.
Even if it's not Lancs/Burley (or any already long- formed strong allegiance) in a game of cricket/footy/rugby, I find I usually favour one side or another for historical reasons but I just cant do that with these games and thus cant generate any excitement.

pureclaret
Been Liked: 433 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:57 am

Well having read the comments on here guess this hundreds is not for the Puritan of cricket, so that means I should be ok with it.
Having being brought up on watching Geof ill let the paint dry boycott, then this seems quicker.
But i do have a question which i think applies to any matches at emirates old trafford , what size bag back pack can you take in with food , i can see it says no alchol etc but would take sandwiches and water and buy beer there?

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 854 times

Post by Milltown1882 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:32 pm

I know it’s not for everyone but Luke Wood getting Voldemort out for a golden duck is always a pleasant sight.

ChrisG
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by ChrisG » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:28 pm

pureclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:57 am
Well having read the comments on here guess this hundreds is not for the Puritan of cricket, so that means I should be ok with it.
Having being brought up on watching Geof ill let the paint dry boycott, then this seems quicker.
But i do have a question which i think applies to any matches at emirates old trafford , what size bag back pack can you take in with food , i can see it says no alchol etc but would take sandwiches and water and buy beer there?
Can't speak for the Hundred matches, but for Lancs at OT you can take food in and bottles of water, flask of tea etc. Just no glass I think the rule is.

Flixton is your man to answer though, he's on the Lancashire Members Representative Group, and is extremely helpful (and a very decent chap I might add)

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:00 pm

KRBFC hauling them into his fishing net here !

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 823 times
Has Liked: 1607 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:40 am

At Trent Bridge supporters allowed cool bags of food soft drinks and water.
Just no alcohol.

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 854 times

Post by Milltown1882 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:45 pm

Will Smeed hit the first century in the long history of The Hundred. Incredible hitting.

whalleyclaret
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 74 times

Post by whalleyclaret » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:50 pm

Watching Lancashire live coverage on Tube about to beat Worcs

No interest in the hundred

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 am

Just seen some clips from Old Trafford tonight.

Hell of a lot of empty seats. Is the novelty wearing off already?