Standing in North Stand Lower - email from club

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1130 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Re: Standing in North Stand Lower - email from club

Post by daveisaclaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:11 pm

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... t-standing

Club statement at link.

Unfortunately totally disingenuous and therefore not credible.
This user liked this post: Duffer_

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:18 pm

Mattster wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:05 pm
Currently waiting on a response to my last email as I've raised the possibility of moving again off the back of Tuesday's game. They told me someone was looking to move from the Cricket Field Stand and I could have their seat when they moved but the suggestion was that was the only available seat which is no good since I wouldn't want to move without my dad.

If they claim there isn't any spaces then I'll bring up Row S as you've suggested.

I can't see it being a cost thing, after all I've already paid for a season ticket in a more expensive section of the ground, I imagine I won't get refunded the difference if I was able to swap to the CFS.
They have released a statement just now claiming they have offered fans the option to move into the cricket field

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:25 pm

Statement below... (in case its deleted like other comms)
standing statement.JPG
standing statement.JPG (286.58 KiB) Viewed 1906 times

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:29 pm

no mention of CFS though... I'm guessing they dont want that battle - telling thousands to sit down and causing trouble. The statement is contradictory though as it offers to move fans to an area that has no availability and also mentions ALL SEATER LICENCE - so the area they want to move you too is also seated right... :roll:

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:31 pm

So, those who wish to stand can move to the CFS? Problem solved IMO

Tarksforengland123
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Tarksforengland123 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:40 pm

can we all pi*s the stewards by singing "if you hate bastards stand up" every time they come over to tell us about standing

Let's show em who's boss! It didn't last before and it won't last now!

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:49 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:31 pm
But they club said the CF was sold out :shock:
You can't believe a word which comes out of the club, they've become a joke.

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:50 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:31 pm
Given Mattster asked about this and was told there was one seat available because someone wanted to move out of the CFS, I wouldn't really call it problem solved.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:38 pm

Maybe they had held the seats back for this?

I dont know, i like to assume th best where i can.....

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:52 pm

I’m going to buy the club a shovel for that deeper hole the are digging for themselves.

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:22 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:18 pm
They have released a statement just now claiming they have offered fans the option to move into the cricket field
Yeah that's not true, just received this email.
Screenshot_20220818-191437_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20220818-191437_Gmail.jpg (196.76 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1778 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:31 pm

You get the impression they're making this up as they go.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 116 times

Post by boyyanno » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:38 pm

I honestly don't know what the club are doing here. On one hand they're saying this is a serious health and safety matter but on the other hand they seem to be suggesting that supporters can move to a different part of the ground if they want to stand.

Either the rules are observed or they aren't but it seems riiculous that some fans have been burned at the stake to make a point. If they want to enforce sitting then all fans should be treated equally until a safe standing section is created. What makes the cricketfield less important than the seats targeted?

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1778 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:50 pm

Always worried me that they're not football people, with no working class empathy.
Corporate is King.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:55 pm

A set of absolute bankers.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6903 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 pm

It would be interesting to see what the situation is with fans who want to move to the CFS. But for those asking what is the difference between the two stands, it’s quite obvious. Away fans stand in the CFS, and it is practically impossible to ensure that they don’t. As a result the stewards also turn a blind eye to the Burnley fans standing there, as they can’t realistically make home fans sit next to away fans who are stood up.

Furthermore, there is no corporate hospitality at the back of the CFS with views being obstructed.

I’m not suggesting the club’s communication or series of events is perfect, as I said I’d need clarification on the seat-swap situation. But there’s a trend of people on here who seem to be selfishly putting their ‘right to stand’ ahead of the right of other attendees, corporate or otherwise, from being able to see the match. At the end of the day you’ve not got a leg to stand on (pardon the pun) as it’s an all seater stadium, and the reasons for enforcing this have been made clear by the club.
These 3 users liked this post: AGENT_CLARET ŽižkovClaret Somethingfishy

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:05 pm

Nail on head rileybobs
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1506 times

Post by Goodclaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:41 pm

The main issue I see with this is the club are using the "safety" side of things being the problem whereas appear to be happy for the entire CFS to be able to stand. That is very inconsistent and will cause problems.

On the other side, TM is an all seater stadium so, like it or not, the club have every right to do what they want to punish "persistent standers".

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:49 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 pm
It would be interesting to see what the situation is with fans who want to move to the CFS. But for those asking what is the difference between the two stands, it’s quite obvious. Away fans stand in the CFS, and it is practically impossible to ensure that they don’t. As a result the stewards also turn a blind eye to the Burnley fans standing there, as they can’t realistically make home fans sit next to away fans who are stood up.

Furthermore, there is no corporate hospitality at the back of the CFS with views being obstructed.

I’m not suggesting the club’s communication or series of events is perfect, as I said I’d need clarification on the seat-swap situation. But there’s a trend of people on here who seem to be selfishly putting their ‘right to stand’ ahead of the right of other attendees, corporate or otherwise, from being able to see the match. At the end of the day you’ve not got a leg to stand on (pardon the pun) as it’s an all seater stadium, and the reasons for enforcing this have been made clear by the club.
I agree with your sentiment but the club don't look like they give a chuff about fans who stand or they wouldn't be advocating them moving to another section of the ground. The only thing that they have made themselves look concerned about is the corporate areas view and they've crucified a few fans over it and are now trying to pedal the "it's all about safety" line to quell a backlash.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:51 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:49 pm
I agree with your sentiment but the club don't look like they give a chuff about fans who stand or they wouldn't be advocating them moving to another section of the ground. The only thing that they have made themselves look concerned about is the corporate areas view and they've crucified a few fans over it and are now trying to pedal the "it's all about safety" line to quell a backlash.
From the club’s statement;

As a football club, Burnley FC work under a safety certificate, issued by Lancashire County Council and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority has been in communication with the Club asking us to intervene on the matter surrounding persistent standing before they take further action.

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:53 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:51 pm

As a football club, Burnley FC work under a safety certificate, issued by Lancashire County Council and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority has been in communication with the Club asking us to intervene on the matter surrounding persistent standing before they take further action.
Do you really believe that the Sports Grounds Safety Authority has been in communication with the club to tell them that they need to make everyone in the JHL sit down or they'll take further action, but they can move them to the CFS and let them stand with everyone else in there and it's no problem?
These 2 users liked this post: Duffer_ Zlatan

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:05 pm

Rileybobs wrote:

I know what the clubs statement says but my point is that I find it incredibly unlikely that the Sports Grounds Safety Authority believe that the standing infront of the corporate area is a problem but it's okay everywhere else in the ground.

Why were those fans and only those fans targeted? If it was about health and safety it would be stadium wide and if it was about fans who have paid for seats being able to view the game then it would be stadium wide too. Both of those are fair and valid points imo, but it doesn't seem to me, based on what I've seen, that either of those are the main reason for those fans being targeted.

That's before you even get in to the fact that they don't even have any seats available to swap :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: Duffer_ Goodclaret

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:21 pm

Rileybobs wrote:

If this waa true then the SGSA would have to be singling out Burnley, and specifically a few blocks at Burnley, because similar sections exist at every club in the country but we're the only one taking these actions.

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:00 pm

I'm not sure if SGSA is subject to The Freedom Of Information Act 2000 but I'll find out soon enough having submitted a FOI request concerning standing at Turf Moor. I'll share any responses on this thread.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan gandhisflipflop

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:22 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:53 pm
Do you really believe that the Sports Grounds Safety Authority has been in communication with the club to tell them that they need to make everyone in the JHL sit down or they'll take further action, but they can move them to the CFS and let them stand with everyone else in there and it's no problem?
I would say that it would be incredibly foolish for the club to publish that statement if it is a lie.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 430 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 pm

It's not like they haven't tried to make people sit in the cricketfield, they went through a few month period a few years ago when the stewards (espeiclaly a woman) were on it every week.

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:24 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:22 pm
I would say that it would be incredibly foolish for the club to publish that statement if it is a lie.
I agree but (hopefully) we'll see.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:28 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:05 pm
I know what the clubs statement says but my point is that I find it incredibly unlikely that the Sports Grounds Safety Authority believe that the standing infront of the corporate area is a problem but it's okay everywhere else in the ground.

Why were those fans and only those fans targeted? If it was about health and safety it would be stadium wide and if it was about fans who have paid for seats being able to view the game then it would be stadium wide too. Both of those are fair and valid points imo, but it doesn't seem to me, based on what I've seen, that either of those are the main reason for those fans being targeted.

That's before you even get in to the fact that they don't even have any seats available to swap :lol:
No one is being targeted. The club’s statement explains the extra precautions that are taken in the CFS;

At the stadium we must be rigorous in upholding the all-seater licence, however we have an approved management plan in this stand, with increased stewarding and safety procedures in place to provide spectator safety for those standing for longer periods of the game.

And if the club are indeed lying, or using smoke and mirrors to deflect from another reason, then there still appears to exist a problem that people who have paid a lot of money to watch the game can’t see the game due to people standing. So those people, having been asked not to stand, should stop being selfish.

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:28 pm
No one is being targeted. The club’s statement explains the extra precautions that are taken in the CFS;

At the stadium we must be rigorous in upholding the all-seater licence, however we have an approved management plan in this stand, with increased stewarding and safety procedures in place to provide spectator safety for those standing for longer periods of the game.

And if the club are indeed lying, or using smoke and mirrors to deflect from another reason, then there still appears to exist a problem that people who have paid a lot of money to watch the game can’t see the game due to people standing. So those people, having been asked not to stand, should stop being selfish.
I haven't been in the CFS for years but I have read some serious concerns from other posters regarding the conditions in the concourse. Does anyone with recent experience of watching us in both the CFS and JHL recognise the increased safety procedures that make standing less of a risk in the CFS?

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 pm

Rileybobs wrote:

Everyone, including you defending this, knows the problem is that the standers are blocking the corporate seats. Why didn't the club plan for this before selling season tickets to the people who stand months ago? Why are they being disingenuous now?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:49 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:38 pm
Everyone, including you defending this, knows the problem is that the standers are blocking the corporate seats. Why didn't the club plan for this before selling season tickets to the people who stand months ago? Why are they being disingenuous now?
Hold on a minute. I don’t know that at all - and if the club are lying in their statement then I’m certainly not defending it. I think they would be beyond stupid to claim that ’the Sports Grounds Safety Authority has been in communication with the Club asking us to intervene on the matter surrounding persistent standing before they take further action.’

What I am defending however is the idea that those in hospitality shouldn’t have a restricted view of the game at the expense of the enjoyment of ‘real fans’.
This user liked this post: Les Lawrence

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:50 pm

Duffer_ wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 pm
I haven't been in the CFS for years but I have read some serious concerns from other posters regarding the conditions in the concourse. Does anyone with recent experience of watching us in both the CFS and JHL recognise the increased safety procedures that make standing less of a risk in the CFS?
The reason why I moved back to the JHL from the CFS was ironically because of the overcrowding in the concourse in the CFS. This should be a concern to the club.
This user liked this post: Duffer_

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:56 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:49 pm
Hold on a minute. I don’t know that at all - and if the club are lying in their statement then I’m certainly not defending it. I think they would be beyond stupid to claim that ’the Sports Grounds Safety Authority has been in communication with the Club asking us to intervene on the matter surrounding persistent standing before they take further action.’

What I am defending however is the idea that those in hospitality shouldn’t have a restricted view of the game at the expense of the enjoyment of ‘real fans’.
I don't think I follow you. The club haven't said anything about the fans in hospitality having their view blocked, but that's what you're defending when you say you don't think the club is lying in their statement?

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:03 pm

I was in my companies box for the Everton game...which is directly behind the area in question and I don't remember having viewing issues when sat outside the box. The last row before the boxes is netted off...presumably to give that space that allows a better view.
A lot of people seem to be getting very uppity about the corporate brigade. What they seem to forget is that these are more often than not Burnley companies or companies owned by Burnley supporting people. You get the odd supporter from other clubs in there (we had customers that were Everton fans in with us) but in general they are as much supporters as the guys and girls in the block in front.

A bigger issue would be the behaviour of the said fans towards those in the corporate areas. We had an instance of one fan trying to climb in to our area to attempt to attack someone in the boxes. If the club are indeed being disingenuous with their reasons( which i doubt they are) I would suggest this might be more of a reason for their stance.
This user liked this post: ŽižkovClaret

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:25 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:56 pm
I don't think I follow you. The club haven't said anything about the fans in hospitality having their view blocked, but that's what you're defending when you say you don't think the club is lying in their statement?
I don’t think the club are lying in their statement because that would be incredibly stupid. They could have used some fluffy language around the theme of health and safety without directly implicating other organisations, who I’m sure wouldn’t take kindly to having untrue claims made against them.

Whilst simultaneously holding that view, I also disagree with the people who have implied that their imaginary right to stand is more important than the people in hospitality’s right to be able to see the game.

Boxy
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Boxy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:28 pm

If there's a action plan in place to stand In the CFS. The authority's are obviously going hard on the other places in the stadium. There is no longer any away fans near the lowerside block and is a seated area.

Yes the club should of acted better but its pretty black and white

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:31 pm

Rileybobs wrote:

But they have been targeted, how can you say they haven't? Surely you're aware that other fans in the stadium stand? It would have looked very empty on Tuesday had they all been banned. Only the area in the statement has been affected, so clearly that area has been targeted. The club statement mentions that the SGSA "asks us to intervene on the matter surrounding persistent standing before they take further action." What it doesn't say is that this specifically relates to the area in question, which I suspect it does not.

That suggests that someone at the club picked this area, and I have made my mind up as to why. I have nothing against the corporate lot but Joe Bloggs who pays for a ticket in the cricket field end also deserves to have a seat and not have loads of standing fans chucked in with him doesn't he?

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:33 pm

The club is clearly equivocating round this BECAUSE they aren't allowed in law to declare the Cricket Field Stand a "standing area". People, both at the club and outside, are turning a blind eye.

Yes, if people make enough fuss, they can get the powers-that-be to stop turning a blind eye and to insist that the Cricket Field Stand fans sit down or they will close the stand. I don't suppose the people working towards that actually want that to happen. But that's what wiil happen if we carry on making a fuss.

dsr

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:35 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:31 pm
But they have been targeted, how can you say they haven't? Surely you're aware that other fans in the stadium stand? It would have looked very empty on Tuesday had they all been banned. Only the area in the statement has been affected, so clearly that area has been targeted. The club statement mentions that the SGSA "asks us to intervene on the matter surrounding persistent standing before they take further action." What it doesn't say is that this specifically relates to the area in question, which I suspect it does not.

That suggests that someone at the club picked this area, and I have made my mind up as to why. I have nothing against the corporate lot but Joe Bloggs who pays for a ticket in the cricket field end also deserves to have a seat and not have loads of standing fans chucked in with him doesn't he?
Of course the club picked that area. The CFS is an unoffical standing area, which the club cannot legally confirm but has made it pretty clear. Obviously you don't want the CFS to be an unofficial standing area and want the people to be made to sit. Might I ask why you want this?

If Joe Bloggs in the CFS hasn't noticed by now that people are standing, then he hasn't been there long. He at least will be able to take up the offer of a move to another area.

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1134 times
Has Liked: 1608 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:41 pm

If the club don't play James at HT on Saturday then banter is dead

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:42 pm

Personally, I think ALL fans have a right to the experience they were promised. That is the problem - the Club cannot deliver on this promise, so there are choices to be made.

The solution chosen by the Club is to back the hospitality customers, despite them being in the numerical minority because they are in the financial majority.

Compromise is required but I have heard nothing to suggest the numerical minority has been offered an alternative solution. I would be happy to be proven wrong on this matter.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:47 pm

Duffer_ wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:42 pm

The solution chosen by the Club is to back the hospitality customers, despite them being in the numerical minority because they are in the financial majority.
I'm sorry but that is complete and utter guff.

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:49 pm

Somethingfishy wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:47 pm
I'm sorry but that is complete and utter guff.
Don't leave me hanging - at least explain why!

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:21 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:49 pm
Don't leave me hanging - at least explain why!
It's not just you but it's a line that's been pedalled all through this saga. One person says it then everyone agrees it's true.
I've already said that my view when i was in there wasn't impacted at all.
Besides..do you think you can put a price on potentially blocking someone's view by persistently standing in a seated area? Are they fair game because they are loaded? Many of the fans in there are fans just like you and me. Guests of companies they work for or are customers of.
Is it right my view should be blocked? It wasn't but it seems you and others think it's fair.
It's a cloth cap mentality...the poor downtrodden working man being walked on by the affluent. It's appealing as an excuse but it's complete b*llocks when it comes to the majority in the boxes at Burnley.
The truth is it is against the ground rules. The party is over. The club cannot continue to allow it and have been told by the powers that be to sort it...or they will.
The CFS has special dispensation. The club will have argued for it..knowing some of our fans like to stand. That is an unofficial (as it's not technically allowed) area to stand in. The authorities ( rightly or wrongly) are willing to allow this but presumably they want any standing supporters in one place.
The problem is we have a renegade section of fans that have got away with it for so long they think they are now being picked on.
It's simply not the case.
These 3 users liked this post: dsr Spindles Middle-agedClaret

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:00 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:42 pm
Personally, I think ALL fans have a right to the experience they were promised. That is the problem - the Club cannot deliver on this promise, so there are choices to be made.

Compromise is required but I have heard nothing to suggest the numerical minority has been offered an alternative solution. I would be happy to be proven wrong on this matter.
It's degrees of inconvenience.

If they lean one way, Party A would like to watch the match standing up but has to sit down to let Party B see. Disappointment for Party A.
If they lean the other way, Party B would like to watch the match but is unable to because someone is blocking his view. Disappointment for Party B.

The disappointment for Party B is vastly more than it would be for Party A.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:31 am

Nothing to add to Rileybobs posts which are absolutely spot on. Folk are being a bit weird about this.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:08 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:31 am
Nothing to add to Rileybobs posts which are absolutely spot on. Folk are being a bit weird about this.
Indeed. They haven't got a leg to stand on. Which coincidentally could well be the punishment for similar up at Newcastle soon with the owners they have :D

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:54 am

"The SGSA Enforcement Approach 2021/22 Season" is available online. I couldn't find the equivalent for the 2022/23 season.

There are a couple of areas that are of particular relevance:

"Ground management and club may wish to warn away supporters that if they stand in seated areas they risk losing entitlement to tickets. Ground management will need to co-operate with other grounds, to ensure they treat all spectators equally both in terms of raising awareness of the all-seater condition in the ground regulations, and in the way in which that condition is enforced."

Although this extract refers to away fans, it establishes the principle of treating all spectators equally in terms of the enforcement of loss of entitlement/refusal of entry. Fans in the CFS have not been subjected to the same actions as those in the JHL.

"Appropriate action by the ground management could then include:
Ground management, informed by feedback from home and away supporters, and known heightened safety risks associated with persistent standing, such as standing in upper tiers, and on seating decks with gradients in excess of 25 degrees, uses ticket sales and marketing prior to match day, to help limit persistent standing to certain discrete areas of the ground where the spectator safety risks are lower. For example, lower tiers and gradients less than 25 degrees. In doing so, ground management recognises that safety risks still exist, and takes all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of spectators in such areas."

SGSA take a risk based approach to areas of persistent standing. I'm struggling to see why the JHL would be higher risk than CFS but welcome any insight on this point.

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... -21-22.pdf

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:01 am

Mattster wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:22 pm
Yeah that's not true, just received this email.

Screenshot_20220818-191437_Gmail.jpg
You should keep contacting them preferably in public i.e on twitter asking why they have put a statement out which is ******** and also put the response given to you public on the same post.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:32 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:54 am
"The SGSA Enforcement Approach 2021/22 Season" is available online. I couldn't find the equivalent for the 2022/23 season.

There are a couple of areas that are of particular relevance:

"Ground management and club may wish to warn away supporters that if they stand in seated areas they risk losing entitlement to tickets. Ground management will need to co-operate with other grounds, to ensure they treat all spectators equally both in terms of raising awareness of the all-seater condition in the ground regulations, and in the way in which that condition is enforced."

Although this extract refers to away fans, it establishes the principle of treating all spectators equally in terms of the enforcement of loss of entitlement/refusal of entry. Fans in the CFS have not been subjected to the same actions as those in the JHL.

"Appropriate action by the ground management could then include:
Ground management, informed by feedback from home and away supporters, and known heightened safety risks associated with persistent standing, such as standing in upper tiers, and on seating decks with gradients in excess of 25 degrees, uses ticket sales and marketing prior to match day, to help limit persistent standing to certain discrete areas of the ground where the spectator safety risks are lower. For example, lower tiers and gradients less than 25 degrees. In doing so, ground management recognises that safety risks still exist, and takes all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of spectators in such areas."

SGSA take a risk based approach to areas of persistent standing. I'm struggling to see why the JHL would be higher risk than CFS but welcome any insight on this point.

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... -21-22.pdf
So what you are alluding to is that if they can't stand in the JHL then nobody can stand?
Am i right?
The situation at present is that it seems we have negotiated a way round things in the CFS that suits the authorities. They could quite easily have refused and clearly would be well within their rights but then everyone who wants to stand loses out.
What you are advocating is pure selfishness. If the JHL can't have it then neither should the CFS.
Why don't you inform them of your concerns about this gross unfairness? I'm sure they'd only be too happy to make everybody in the CFS stand sit down..with the obvious furore that would cause...and I'm sure the fans in the CFS stand that are in there because they know they can stand, will thank you enormously for losing that ability when the authorities totally clamp down.