Standing in North Stand Lower - email from club

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Re: ‘Persistent standing - Stadium ban’

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:44 pm
I may be wrong but I believe RickyBobby was joking.
The letter that was posted said that they wouldn’t be admitted for todays and Saturdays game

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Re: Standing in North Stand Lower - email from club

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:08 pm

I take it that's what they mean by "safe" standing?

They'll be standing in the pub now.

Goody1975
Been Liked: 978 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by Goody1975 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:15 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 pm
The letter that was posted said that they wouldn’t be admitted for todays and Saturdays game
Yes I have followed the issue and I'm aware of that

Conroy92
Been Liked: 497 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:33 am

Milltown1882 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:53 pm
I know it’s been discussed but there’s a lot to unpack here. Don't even know where to start with that.
Bloody hell, feels rather archaic covering the seats like that.

Maybe the judicial system should work in a similar way to this, commit a crime and have it tattooed on your head. If you get points on your licence it's written on your car for everyone to see etc.

Not very classy by the club.
This user liked this post: Duffer_

Middle-agedClaret
Been Liked: 314 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:45 am

Conroy92 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:33 am
Bloody hell, feels rather archaic covering the seats like that.

Maybe the judicial system should work in a similar way to this, commit a crime and have it tattooed on your head. If you get points on your licence it's written on your car for everyone to see etc.

Not very classy by the club.
Well - it sends a very clear and unambiguous message to anyone who sees the notices. I imagine that’s what th e club are trying to do .
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

AmbleClaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by AmbleClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:39 am

Middle-agedClaret wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:45 am
Well - it sends a very clear and unambiguous message to anyone who sees the notices. I imagine that’s what th e club are trying to do .
I'm expecting to see the entire CFS sitting down on Saturday on that basis :lol:
This user liked this post: Bosscat

burnleybassman
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by burnleybassman » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:55 am

Surely this advocates as another reason to have a safe standing area in the ground? As someone pointed out, Turf Moor is an all seater stadium but having a designated standing area would suit everyone. We might get that 2nd tier on the Bob Lord then as well! :D

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1132 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:04 am

AmbleClaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:39 am
I'm expecting to see the entire CFS sitting down on Saturday on that basis :lol:
No they won't, the one's standing in that stand are blocking the view of those that pay thousands for a hospitality box

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:24 am

Pace should give those two fans seats in the directors’ box for the next couple of games, seeing as him and his mates can’t be arsed turning up half of the time.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:50 am

For what it’s worth, I have wrote to the club and made the FSF aware of this issue. I have asked legitimate questions everyone has been asking on this thread. In my opinion the situation has the potential to turn toxic the longer this goes on. I can only imagine the potential for trouble when been asked to sit down against Blackburn when emotions are already high for example.

The very least I have asked the club for is engagement with supporters in these blocks so that all voices are heard. I’m hoping that the club can at least consider an application for safe standing as there is an obvious need for it. It needs all supporters to come together on this issue and engage in dialogue because the situation at the moment isn’t great and will only get worse.

Perhaps those with connections can help further. CT?
This user liked this post: Mattster

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:53 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:50 am
For what it’s worth, I have wrote to the club and made the FSF aware of this issue. I have asked legitimate questions everyone has been asking on this thread. In my opinion the situation has the potential to turn toxic the longer this goes on. I can only imagine the potential for trouble when been asked to sit down against Blackburn when emotions are already high for example.

The very least I have asked the club for is engagement with supporters in these blocks so that all voices are heard. I’m hoping that the club can at least consider an application for safe standing as there is an obvious need for it. It needs all supporters to come together on this issue and engage in dialogue because the situation at the moment isn’t great and will only get worse.

If we have a safe standing area it will go in the eventually redeveloped CFS. They aren't going to pay out to make one before then

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 am

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:04 am
No they won't, the one's standing in that stand are blocking the view of those that pay thousands for a hospitality box
Are they really? The biggest box is behind Block 1 and that’s for the players family, the next box along (used to be) for the manager, so block 1 and 2 are complimentary, not corporate. The first corporate box (£55k) might have their view blocked and at that price I would be complaining about the coked up drunks who seem unable to sit down.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:26 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:

So you want the club to engage with you so that you can break the law? Sitting down is the answer.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:

It's the FSA, not the FSF, but I was in contact with them immediately once I saw the fan's letter on social media. It's a concern, I think, because that area was one where the issue on standing was softened a few years ago by Cliff Edens (then safety officer). But if it is just an issue of general persistent standing then you would have thought the entire cricket field end would have received one.

Engagement with the club, sadly, has never been more difficult. I too hope the club will make applications for a safe standing area but should they do so, and I'm expecting them to, there will then be one standing area.

In terms of contacting the club - we've currently no SLO, Fan Experience Manager or Communications Manager. All of them have left and trying to speak to anyone above them is proving to be very difficult, in fact virtually impossible.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:42 am

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:26 am
So you want the club to engage with you so that you can break the law? Sitting down is the answer.
Sadly, common sense isn’t with all supporters….

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:44 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:34 am
It's the FSA, not the FSF, but I was in contact with them immediately once I saw the fan's letter on social media. It's a concern, I think, because that area was one where the issue on standing was softened a few years ago by Cliff Edens (then safety officer). But if it is just an issue of general persistent standing then you would have thought the entire cricket field end would have received one.

Engagement with the club, sadly, has never been more difficult. I too hope the club will make applications for a safe standing area but should they do so, and I'm expecting them to, there will then be one standing area.

In terms of contacting the club - we've currently no SLO, Fan Experience Manager or Communications Manager. All of them have left and trying to speak to anyone above them is proving to be very difficult, in fact virtually impossible.
Ct do you have an email address I can forward my email on to you? Be good to have all communication in one place

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:48 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:44 am
Ct do you have an email address I can forward my email on to you? Be good to have all communication in one place
The admin address at this link is best

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=36418

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:51 am

I Don't blame the club for getting tough as there simply just no need for it, it's simply bad manners as they know people behind them want them to sit down

Sit down shut up, sit down shut up

Goody1975
Been Liked: 978 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by Goody1975 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:55 am

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:51 am
I Don't blame the club for getting tough as there simply just no need for it, it's simply bad manners as they know people behind them want them to sit down

.....but that is the point of the whole issue, they have tickets in that section because people have been told this is an area where fans can stand.

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:55 am

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:51 am
That'd be great for the atmosphere.

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:58 am

Goody1975 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:55 am
.....but that is the point of the whole issue, they have tickets in that section because people have been told this is an area where fans can stand.
If what you are saying is true the standers have a genuine grievance

Stand up shut up stand up shut up

Top Claret

Post by Top Claret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:00 am

Mattster wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:55 am
That'd be great for the atmosphere.

If you aren't capable of singing in a sitting position you need medical help

Mattster

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 am

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:00 am
If you aren't capable of singing in a sitting position you need medical help
This user liked this post: Top Claret

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:16 am

New pre-match music for Saturday just announced by club

https://youtu.be/Ew7Zkkucos8

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:38 am

Top Claret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:58 am
If what you are saying is true the standers have a genuine grievance

Stand up shut up stand up shut up
The club isn't allowed to say people can stand. It's a criminal offence to stand and the club can't officially condone it.

What the club has done is make it obvious that sitting down won't be enforced in the Cricket Field Stand, but conversely, it will be enforced everywhere else.

Now, it may be true that the nod and the wink six years ago was that we could stand in blocks 1 and 2. But since then the position has changed and if you want to stand, you need to move. As indeed the letter published on Twitter makes clear - the people have been offered the chance to move to a different part of the ground. (And it's obvious what they mean by that. A part of the ground where sitting won't be enforced.)

But if we want an official club statement about where the law will be enforced and where it will not be enforced, then we aren't going to get one. And the more fuss there is made about not getting an official statement, the more likely it is that one of the many people who choose to turn a blind eye will decide they have to take notice and enforce the law in all parts of the ground.

Mattster

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:02 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:38 am
The club isn't allowed to say people can stand. It's a criminal offence to stand and the club can't officially condone it.

What the club has done is make it obvious that sitting down won't be enforced in the Cricket Field Stand, but conversely, it will be enforced everywhere else.

Now, it may be true that the nod and the wink six years ago was that we could stand in blocks 1 and 2. But since then the position has changed and if you want to stand, you need to move. As indeed the letter published on Twitter makes clear - the people have been offered the chance to move to a different part of the ground. (And it's obvious what they mean by that. A part of the ground where sitting won't be enforced.)
All well and good but, having enquired with the ticket office when we got the email, I've been informed there are no spaces in the Cricket Field Stand for me and my dad to move to. Had this been made clear during the season ticket renewal period I would have opted for a move at that stage. Instead a swap is offered at a time where you can't actually move to the section where a blind eye is turned to standing.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OLAm1PIZX9A

A slightly different approach to stewarding

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:12 pm

Mattster wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:02 pm
All well and good but, having enquired with the ticket office when we got the email, I've been informed there are no spaces in the Cricket Field Stand for me and my dad to move to. Had this been made clear during the season ticket renewal period I would have opted for a move at that stage. Instead a swap is offered at a time where you can't actually move to the section where a blind eye is turned to standing.
And equally, the person behind you who has to stand when they would rather sit didn't have it made clear to them they might not be able to see the game if they sat down. I think you'll just have to bite the bullet and sit down in the name of fairness to the rest of the world. Move next season.

After all, the first priority in going to the match is to watch the match. Standing up is a much lesser factor.
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan MeeActon1 Burnley Ace

Mattster

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:17 pm

dsr wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:12 pm
And equally, the person behind you who has to stand when they would rather sit didn't have it made clear to them they might not be able to see the game if they sat down. I think you'll just have to bite the bullet and sit down in the name of fairness to the rest of the world. Move next season.

After all, the first priority in going to the match is to watch the match. Standing up is a much lesser factor.
Given the people behind me were quite vocal to the stewards about not wanting to sit down I'd say that's not much of a factor. I'll sit down, but purely to avoid being ejected from the ground and banned - this will be my last season as a season ticket holder.

Middle-agedClaret

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:29 pm

ClaretTony wrote:

Engagement with the club, sadly, has never been more difficult.

This is truly sad and depressing to read.
It does seem to show the value placed on fans.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 am
Are they really? The biggest box is behind Block 1 and that’s for the players family, the next box along (used to be) for the manager, so block 1 and 2 are complimentary, not corporate. The first corporate box (£55k) might have their view blocked and at that price I would be complaining about the coked up drunks who seem unable to sit down.
Coked up ???????? Why do people think every person who doesn't act normal is coked up, I stand up for the whole game in the CFS and I've never been coked up in my life, some very small minded people on here
This user liked this post: Barry_Chuckle

Middle-agedClaret

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:46 pm

Excessive use of question- mark symbol - classic symptom of recreational drug use…

:D
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:49 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:06 pm
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OLAm1PIZX9A

A slightly different approach to stewarding
He should lose his job and be charged with assault

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 1219 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:00 pm

Mattster wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:17 pm
Given the people behind me were quite vocal to the stewards about not wanting to sit down I'd say that's not much of a factor. I'll sit down, but purely to avoid being ejected from the ground and banned - this will be my last season as a season ticket holder.
So you are prepared to stop attending just because you are being asked to sit down?? :lol: :lol:

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1780 times
Has Liked: 1777 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 pm

The people in that section have stood a lot longer than those on the CFS. I don't expect this to end well, and for sure we'll see a whole load more 'covers of shame'.

Mattster

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:06 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:00 pm
So you are prepared to stop attending just because you are being asked to sit down?? :lol: :lol:
Yeah. I chose to buy a ticket in that block over a decade ago because it was known to be a standing section. I much prefer standing. If that option doesn't exist and I'm going to be threatened with ejection from the ground and a stadium ban for doing something that has previously been accepted by the club and is currently only being actively enforced in part of one stand then I won't attend.

The cost has been hard to justify the past couple of years, this has tipped the scales. I'll go the odd game but will pass on attending all.

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:08 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 pm
The people in that section have stood a lot longer than those on the CFS. I don't expect this to end well, and for sure we'll see a whole load more 'covers of shame'.
Surely most of the original standers from that area already moved to the CFS when it became available originally?

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:09 pm

Mattster wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:06 pm
Yeah. I chose to buy a ticket in that block over a decade ago because it was known to be a standing section. I much prefer standing. If that option doesn't exist and I'm going to be threatened with ejection from the ground and a stadium ban for doing something that has previously been accepted by the club and is currently only being actively enforced in part of one stand then I won't attend.

The cost has been hard to justify the past couple of years, this has tipped the scales. I'll go the odd game but will pass on attending all.
Is there a reason you didn't switch to the CFS when it first became available to Home Fans? Genuine curiosity, not a dig.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:09 pm

Mattster wrote:

Turf moor is an all seated stadium there is no standing section technically

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:09 pm

ALK missing a trick here, get this lot to sponsor the seats, the loss of revenue from the hospitality box will be covered.
I don't know how I think of these easy solutions to complex issues. 😁
Desktop_Product_Page_Secondary_Image_Germoloids Cream 02a.png
Desktop_Product_Page_Secondary_Image_Germoloids Cream 02a.png (130.49 KiB) Viewed 1471 times

Mattster

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:10 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:09 pm
Is there a reason you didn't switch to the CFS when it first became available to Home Fans? Genuine curiosity, not a dig.
Didn't see the need. Was happy where I was and can't say I recall/noticed any of the other regulars in my block leave at the time the CFS was opened up either.

Mattster

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:11 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
    Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:09 pm
    Turf moor is an all seated stadium there is no standing section technically
    Well yes, but it was well known to be tolerated in that section as it now appears to still be in the CFS.

Barry_Chuckle
    Been Liked: 586 times
    Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:37 pm

Mattster wrote:
    Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:02 pm
    I've been informed there are no spaces in the Cricket Field Stand for me and my dad to move to.
    That is total rubbish, the club for some reason are saying the CF is sold out but I'll guarantee that's not the case. I sit in the block next to the segregation, of 12 seats on our row, only 5 are in use this season and they are the same 5 which were in use last season. 7 seats empty week in week out.
    Perhaps the club would prefer to sell seats in more expensive areas of the ground, hence the sold out CF statement.

Mattster, if you want to quote the row to the ticket office, it's row S.

AGENT_CLARET

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm

The thing is right or wrong the club did pre warn that if you stand in a certain area and still stand after being told not to you wil be banned, no complaints really

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm

ClaretTony wrote:

Hi Tony,

Amanda from the FSA had got back to me. She has said for me to forward on my email to the club to her. She mentioned your name and I have given her permission to share any communication I have with you.

Duffer_
    Been Liked: 792 times
    Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:55 pm

Mattster wrote:

I have spoken about my situation re. hospitality being moved immediately behind me in JHL on several occasions. I find the prioritisation of hospitality over long term committed fans like Mattster to be unedifying and short-termist.

The selective enforcement of rules shows this issue up for what it is. As has been said by others, the long term solution is a designated standing area using rail seats. The short term solution imo is to relocate the relatively small number of customers who have complained to other areas of hospitality. Plenty of room in the 100 Club to name just one. Be interesting to know if the Club has explored this with their hospitality customers but unlikely we'll ever find out.

brexit
    Been Liked: 234 times
    Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:58 pm

It's only £2000 for the trophy room for the season we stand all match in there

Penwortham_Claret
    Been Liked: 123 times
    Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:12 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
    Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 pm
    Coked up ???????? Why do people think every person who doesn't act normal is coked up, I stand up for the whole game in the CFS and I've never been coked up in my life, some very small minded people on here
    Similarly, I have never stood at a game but am often coked up!
    These 4 users liked this post: Duffer_ Middle-agedClaret RVclaret AGENT_CLARET

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:16 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
    Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:43 pm
    Hi Tony,

Amanda from the FSA had got back to me. She has said for me to forward on my email to the club to her. She mentioned your name and I have given her permission to share any communication I have with you.
    I had communication with her over the weekend and she's fully aware of the situation. She's good is Amanda and has helped a hell of a lot of people over the years who have found themselves in difficult situations with clubs and police, often when they've done absolutely nothing wrong.

Mattster

Post by Mattster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:05 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:
    Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:37 pm
    That is total rubbish, the club for some reason are saying the CF is sold out but I'll guarantee that's not the case. I sit in the block next to the segregation, of 12 seats on our row, only 5 are in use this season and they are the same 5 which were in use last season. 7 seats empty week in week out.
    Perhaps the club would prefer to sell seats in more expensive areas of the ground, hence the sold out CF statement.

Mattster, if you want to quote the row to the ticket office, it's row S.
    Currently waiting on a response to my last email as I've raised the possibility of moving again off the back of Tuesday's game. They told me someone was looking to move from the Cricket Field Stand and I could have their seat when they moved but the suggestion was that was the only available seat which is no good since I wouldn't want to move without my dad.

If they claim there isn't any spaces then I'll bring up Row S as you've suggested.

I can't see it being a cost thing, after all I've already paid for a season ticket in a more expensive section of the ground, I imagine I won't get refunded the difference if I was able to swap to the CFS.