Standing in North Stand Lower - email from club

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Re: Standing in North Stand Lower - email from club

Post by Duffer_ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:34 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:32 am
So what you are alluding to is that if they can't stand in the JHL then nobody can stand?
Am i right?
No, you're wrong.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:36 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:34 am
No, you're wrong.
Go on why? You wanted a fuller explanation when i gave a short response.

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:45 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:36 am
Go on why? You wanted a fuller explanation when i gave a short response.
Because it's not what I'm saying. In my opinion, there should be rail seating in the CFS to allow "safe" standing but until that time fans should be allowed to stand in the CFS. The purpose of sharing the SGSA document is to critically challenge the assertion being made by some, that this has nothing to do with hospitality.

You've not read the document have you?

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:50 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:54 am
SGSA take a risk based approach to areas of persistent standing. I'm struggling to see why the JHL would be higher risk than CFS but welcome any insight on this point.
The club statement says that there is increased stewarding and safety procedures in place in the CFS.
This user liked this post: Somethingfishy

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:55 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:45 am
Because it's not what I'm saying. In my opinion, there should be rail seating in the CFS to allow "safe" standing but until that time fans should be allowed to stand in the CFS. The purpose of sharing the SGSA document is to critically challenge the assertion being made by some, that this has nothing to do with hospitality.
In time hopefully there will be rail seating in there. There is no assertion it has nothing to do with hospitality. There is zero proof it is to do with hospitality. That is the point.
I'll say it again....
They are persistently standing in an area of the ground that is not set aside (unlike the arrangement in the CFS) for standing. Therefore they are breaking ground regulations. The club have turned a blind eye to it for quite some time now...presumably not wanting to rock the boat. If corporate have been complaining then it would be fair to say they've been ignored for years and i can't see that being the case.
Now the authorities have had enough..for whatever reason..and have issued an ultimatum to the club. We could debate how they've handled it but ultimately one thing matters.
They are no longer allowed to stand in the JHL. It's a seated area.
This user liked this post: dsr

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:57 am

The only way it gets resolved is when they eventually build a new CFS with rail seating in the whole place, and a new concourse that is fit for purpose.

Until then, if you're in JHL, looks like you're going to have to sit

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:00 am

Tall Paul wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:50 am
The club statement says that there is increased stewarding and safety procedures in place in the CFS.
The club statement also makes reference to offers being made to relocate fans to the CFS. A claim that ST holders in the JHL do not recognise. I'm sure there are additional stewards in the CFS, primarily to enforce segregation. I have asked those who have recently attended games in both CFS and JHL to share their experience on what additional safety procedures are in place. What might those increased safety procedures look like?

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:09 am

Could we reduce the away allocation to create more space in the CFS? I suspect not, mainly due to the concourse issues

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6902 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:11 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:00 am
The club statement also makes reference to offers being made to relocate fans to the CFS. A claim that ST holders in the JHL do not recognise. I'm sure there are additional stewards in the CFS, primarily to enforce segregation. I have asked those who have recently attended games in both CFS and JHL to share their experience on what additional safety procedures are in place. What might those increased safety procedures look like?
What makes you think fans would be able to see what the increased safety procedures look like? :?

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:13 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:01 am
You should keep contacting them preferably in public i.e on twitter asking why they have put a statement out which is ******** and also put the response given to you public on the same post.
The more this comes out in public, the more likely that the CFS will be enforced all-seater. Mattster sill won't be able to stand, but nor will anyone else. Whether that's a good result or not - ???

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:15 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:13 am
The more this comes out in public, the more likely that the CFS will be enforced all-seater. Mattster sill won't be able to stand, but nor will anyone else. Whether that's a good result or not - ???

That is simply not true.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:17 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:11 am
What makes you think fans would be able to see what the increased safety procedures look like? :?
He's clutching at straws. I get the feeling that he thinks not only is the club making it all up but the safety authorities too.
What it comes down to is a sheer pigheadedness to follow the rules that have always been in place. As though they don't apply to them simply because they've been given leaway for so long.

Mrpotatohead
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Mrpotatohead » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:18 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:13 am
That won't happen DSR. I don't know how many people sit in the CFS but I know it will be impossible to force them all to sit down. Short of banning all of them, which is highly unlikely, I can't think of any way they could enforce this.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:27 am

Mrpotatohead wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:18 am
That won't happen DSR. I don't know how many people sit in the CFS but I know it will be impossible to force them all to sit down. Short of banning all of them, which is highly unlikely, I can't think of any way they could enforce this.
I don't know how they enforce it either. But if too many complaints are raised in public, it's as likely that the stand will ultimately be closed as it is that Mattster will be allowed to stand and block the view of the people behind. Neither is particularly likely, but it's possible. Not worth the risk.

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:30 am

Somethingfishy wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:17 am
He's clutching at straws. I get the feeling that he thinks not only is the club making it all up but the safety authorities too.
"He" can hear you and has a (user) name :)

The safety authorities have not made a public statement on standing in JHL, so what exactly do I think they are making up? I don't know why you are choosing to misrepresent my opinions rather than advance your own.

The reality is that none of us know why the Club is taking this action. Some choose to accept what the Club is saying at face value and that is a perfectly reasonable position to hold. Others are unhappy with the Club's approach and are seeking more information to validate what is being said and to understand the reasons for the Club's approach. Vive la difference!

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:47 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:31 am
Nothing to add to Rileybobs posts which are absolutely spot on. Folk are being a bit weird about this.
People have been standing there as long as the stand has been open, they were told to sit down with 2 days' notice, months after renewing season tickets, and are now being given fake reasons why. I don't think it's weird to not like it.

Spindles
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Spindles » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:51 am

Sorry Duffer but no-one has been promised standing in the JHL before. No-one has the right to stand at a football match regardless of what your perceived entitlements are. It is an accommodation granted by the club in consultation with H&S.

Have some common decency for those supporters around you who don't want to stand and are having their view restricted regardless of where they are sat.
If you want to stand buy a ticket at the back of the CFS,
Can't get one this season? tough try again next year.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 499 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:30 am

dsr wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:35 pm
Of course the club picked that area. The CFS is an unoffical standing area, which the club cannot legally confirm but has made it pretty clear. Obviously you don't want the CFS to be an unofficial standing area and want the people to be made to sit. Might I ask why you want this?

If Joe Bloggs in the CFS hasn't noticed by now that people are standing, then he hasn't been there long. He at least will be able to take up the offer of a move to another area.
Joe Bloggs might not want to move from the Cricket Field stand? Why should he have to move if he purchased a seat in an all seater stadium?

I don't want "no" standing, but what I do want is for fans to be treated equally and fairly. There is nothing equal or fair about banning some specific fans for standing in one area when there are thousands of other fans in other areas of the ground that are not following the same rules. The solution is to have a safe standing section of the ground quite obviously. When specific fans are targeted then people will always speculate as to why. The only difference with this area and others that experience consistent standing is the corporate section. If anyone can offer another reason why this area has been specifically targeted then fair enough but there isn't one that I've seen.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:35 am

boyyanno wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:30 am
Joe Bloggs might not want to move from the Cricket Field stand? Why should he have to move if he purchased a seat in an all seater stadium?

I don't want "no" standing, but what I do want is for fans to be treated equally and fairly. There is nothing equal or fair about banning some specific fans for standing in one area when there are thousands of other fans in other areas of the ground that are not following the same rules. The solution is to have a safe standing section of the ground quite obviously. When specific fans are targeted then people will always speculate as to why. The only difference with this area and others that experience consistent standing is the corporate section. If anyone can offer another reason why this area has been specifically targeted then fair enough but there isn't one that I've seen.
If they had official safe standing, you would still have different areas following different rules.

Which is it that you want - all fans allowed to stand anywhere in the ground and the old, the disabled, the unfit, and the rich can just sod off - or no fans allowed to stand at all?

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:43 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:35 am
Which is it that you want - all fans allowed to stand anywhere in the ground and the old, the disabled, the unfit, and the rich can just sod off - or no fans allowed to stand at all?
Why do you want to change the status quo of standing in the CFS and 2 or 3 blocks in JHL? What material change has there been in the risk associated with standing in the JHL this season compared to last?

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:45 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:43 am
Why do you want to change the status quo of standing in the CFS and 2 or 3 blocks in JHL? What material change has there been in the risk associated with standing in the JHL this season compared to last?
If people can't see because other people are standing in front of them, then why shouldn't they sit down?

I sit with my mother in the corporate area, though not that end. If people stand up, then she won't be able to see. Apart from that, my main point is still that if there are people jumping up and down about the CFS being "standing" and other areas not, then the most likely result is that the CFS will no longer be "standing permitted" or rather "standing winked at".

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:52 am

For those complaining about having to sit in JHL, would you mind at all if I was in the row in front of you and erected a tent to watch the match?

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:53 am

Steddyman wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:52 am
For those complaining about having to sit in JHL, would you mind at all if I was in the row in front of you and erected a tent to watch the match?
If your tent had been there since the 90s I wouldn't buy a seat behind it and be surprised I couldn't see.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2318 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:53 am

Plenty of I’m alright jacks on this thread.

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:54 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:35 am
If they had official safe standing, you would still have different areas following different rules.

If there was safe standing then all the fans WOULD be following the rules. The rules may be different in Stand A as they are in Stand B, but everyone would still be following the rules.

Currently no one is following the rules and yet only a small portion of fans are being punished for it- does that seem fair to you?

What I want is for common sense to prevail and the club not to hand out ridiculously harsh punishments such as banning paying customers and then publicly shaming them for all to see by covering their seats and putting a sign on them. WIth all due respect but how is it fair to Customer A in that section to be banned and shamed and yet Customers B through to Z in other areas of the ground are doing the exact same thing but allowed to continue?

I want fans to be treated fairly and equally. If that means sitting for all then so be it. I don't think it's a stretch to want Equality and Equity.

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:00 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:53 am
Plenty of I’m alright jacks on this thread.
Exactly, I’ll do what I want to do and xxxx everybody else. I blame the parents...

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:16 am

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:53 am
If your tent had been there since the 90s I wouldn't buy a seat behind it and be surprised I couldn't see.
So would you expect anyone buying seats to know that is where I pitched my tent? Has everyone behind my row always been there since the 90's and usually help by bringing along a stove and mallows for the match?

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:20 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:45 am
...my main point is still that if there are people jumping up and down about the CFS being "standing" and other areas not, then the most likely result is that the CFS will no longer be "standing permitted" or rather "standing winked at".
The SGSA Enforcement Approach should allay your fears. There's no winking, the SGSA recognise that standing happens and encourage it to be managed, notably in areas of lower risk (lower tier and gradient of less than 25 degrees) and, if all else fails, through rail seating.

"Additionally, the document outlines what further action can be taken by ground management to manage residual safety risks for those spectators who still choose to stand in seated areas. These include:

Limiting persistent standing to areas where the safety risks are lower;

Recognising particular triggers associated with persistent standing and addressing them in the development and implementation of up to date and fit for purpose persistent standing management plans;

Installing seats with barriers or independent rails where persistent standing continues to take place, in line with guidance of the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (Green Guide), although only once all other measures have been tried"

Duffer_

Post by Duffer_ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:22 am

Steddyman wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:16 am
So would you expect anyone buying seats to know that is where I pitched my tent? Has everyone behind my row always been there since the 90's and usually help by bringing along a stove and mallows for the match?
Personally, I would sit for you Steddyman. Long enough for you to make arrangements to relocate to another part of the ground. I am a reasonable person and that includes not allowing a tryanny of the minority.

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:27 am

boyyanno wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:54 am
If there was safe standing then all the fans WOULD be following the rules. The rules may be different in Stand A as they are in Stand B, but everyone would still be following the rules.

Currently no one is following the rules and yet only a small portion of fans are being punished for it- does that seem fair to you?

What I want is for common sense to prevail and the club not to hand out ridiculously harsh punishments such as banning paying customers and then publicly shaming them for all to see by covering their seats and putting a sign on them. WIth all due respect but how is it fair to Customer A in that section to be banned and shamed and yet Customers B through to Z in other areas of the ground are doing the exact same thing but allowed to continue?

I want fans to be treated fairly and equally. If that means sitting for all then so be it. I don't think it's a stretch to want Equality and Equity.
You've got contradictory aims. You want common sense to prevail, but you also want the entire CFS to be made to sit just because Mattster and others can't stand.

You clearly haven't noticed that the rules as they are applied at present allow the CFS to stand and other areas not to. You seem to think the letter of the law is an absolute and we can't deviate from it - but you want common sense to apply?

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:35 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:22 am
Personally, I would sit for you Steddyman. Long enough for you to make arrangements to relocate to another part of the ground. I am a reasonable person and that includes not allowing a tryanny of the minority.
That sounds very decent of you, thanks. Only I'm the guy with the tent and I'm thinking of getting a bigger one :)

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:40 am

dsr wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:27 am
You've got contradictory aims. You want common sense to prevail, but you also want the entire CFS to be made to sit just because Mattster and others can't stand.

You clearly haven't noticed that the rules as they are applied at present allow the CFS to stand and other areas not to. You seem to think the letter of the law is an absolute and we can't deviate from it - but you want common sense to apply?
No. I want the rules to be applied fairly. Ignore the CFS for a second. What about the fans standing in the JH upper? What about the other areas of the ground? Of course it's common sense. If it's okay for people to stand in the CFS then so be it. But how does that explain why only fans from a small and specific area of the ground have been targeted and how is that fair?

I don't understand why you think it's common sense for one block to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the ground, and that's even if you take out the CFS, because let's be honest, it isn't the only place people stand.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2179 times

Post by fidelcastro » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:45 am

boyyanno wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:40 am
No. I want the rules to be applied fairly. Ignore the CFS for a second. What about the fans standing in the JH upper? What about the other areas of the ground? Of course it's common sense. If it's okay for people to stand in the CFS then so be it. But how does that explain why only fans from a small and specific area of the ground have been targeted and how is that fair?

I don't understand why you think it's common sense for one block to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the ground, and that's even if you take out the CFS, because let's be honest, it isn't the only place people stand.
Do they persistently stand in the JHU or the family stand? I'm guessing there haven't been anything like the same number of complaints.

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:56 am

fidelcastro wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:45 am
Do they persistently stand in the JHU or the family stand? I'm guessing there haven't been anything like the same number of complaints.
No they do not. I've been in various position in that stand for every game for the last 10 years. I've only seen people stand in JHU for more than a minute or two at half time, and no other time.
This user liked this post: fidelcastro

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:56 am
No they do not. I've been in various position in that stand for every game for the last 10 years. I've only seen people stand in JHU for more than a minute or two at half time, and no other time.
Were you in there on Tuesday? And where abouts do you sit? I was in the RH/S and at least two to three blocks on my left were stood for about 20 minutes in the second half.

People are deluded if they think only the CFS and one block in the JH lower stand.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:47 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 pm
Were you in there on Tuesday? And where abouts do you sit? I was in the RH/S and at least two to three blocks on my left were stood for about 20 minutes in the second half.

People are deluded if they think only the CFS and one block in the JH lower stand.
I’ll take a good guess that most of these complaining about fans complaining don’t even sit in the north stand blocks 1 or 2, nor would they be able to cite one example of a persons view being blocked by those stood, because those in those blocks want to stand. Would any of them get tickets for those blocks and expect to sit? No they wouldn’t. Like I say, I’m alright Jack.

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:51 pm

dsr wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:27 am
I don't know how they enforce it either. But if too many complaints are raised in public, it's as likely that the stand will ultimately be closed as it is that Mattster will be allowed to stand and block the view of the people behind. Neither is particularly likely, but it's possible. Not worth the risk.
As said previously, the people behind me want to stand too and have been vocal in that assertion at games this season. That's why they (and I) bought tickets in that block.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:51 pm

How does more stewarding allay any safety concerns about standing? How is it any less safe in the JHL?

Steddyman

Post by Steddyman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:55 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 pm

Yes I was, around column 100 on the right and row S. Nobody stood around me in any direction.

Mattster
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by Mattster » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:01 pm

Basically it sounds like the agreement with fans in the effected blocks of the JHL to facilitate standing have been switched to the CFS without any dialogue or notice.

If there had been dialogue/notice I would have taken the opportunity at renewal to swap over to the CFS. Instead, the club waited until fans in these blocks had bought tickets (which are more expensive than tickets in the CFS) before sending an email to inform of the change of approach.

Personally I can't work out why they can't facilitate standing in the JHL as they have done previously, if there's an issue with blocking the view of corporates then don't sell tickets in the back 2 or 3 rows and cover the seats. It's not like the area is sold out to season ticket holders, so there wouldn't be anyone squeezed out.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:02 pm

As ever with this club, this is entirely a communication issue. What should have been a relatively minor thing that could have been solved well before the season started has now become this ridiculously overblown problem.

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:04 pm

No one is being targeted. The club’s statement explains the extra precautions that are taken in the CFS;

At the stadium we must be rigorous in upholding the all-seater licence, however we have an approved management plan in this stand, with increased stewarding and safety procedures in place to provide spectator safety for those standing for longer periods of the game.

And if the club are indeed lying, or using smoke and mirrors to deflect from another reason, then there still appears to exist a problem that people who have paid a lot of money to watch the game can’t see the game due to people standing. So those people, having been asked not to stand, should stop being selfish.

Where does it say in the rules on all seater stadia does it mention being allowed to stand if there are more stewards. It doesn’t say that anywhere.

With whom have they agreed this management plan - amongst themselves I guess

The Club seem to be making it up as they go along

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:09 pm

They aren't making it up. Plenty of clubs have 'agreements' that are less strict in certain stands where standing is concerned. Can't just allow it across the whole ground though.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:11 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:09 pm
They aren't making it up. Plenty of clubs have 'agreements' that are less strict in certain stands where standing is concerned. Can't just allow it across the whole ground though.
Which was in the JHL too up until this ‘communication’

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:15 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:11 pm
Which was in the JHL too up until this ‘communication’
It was up to this season. For whatever reason they've decided to change that and, knowing that was an area where there was an understanding that people stand, it should have been communicated when STs were renewed and an alternative offered.

I don't think anyone can really complain that standing is now not allowed there - it's an all-seater stadium - but the club have handled the situation terribly.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:23 pm

So a form of apology that this should have been communicated but wasn't, along with an offer to relocate should have been the way to go. Instead, they antagonise fans and ban them.

Somethingfishy

Post by Somethingfishy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:15 pm

What this boils down to is a aection of people have got away with something for so long (that they shouldn't have) that they now think they have the right to do it.
It beggars belief that people have bought season tickets in there because they think it's ok to stand in there and now they are crying it's not fair because they bought that area for that reason...as though the club have duped them.
They've duped themselves as the ticket in there is sold as a seating ticket..as per the ground regulations and conditions sold with that ticket.
Going forwards..they have been warned. If supporters in there want to continue the rebellious rules dont apply to me..or in some cases "f*** the rules I'll do what i want" attitude then they know what to expect.
These 2 users liked this post: Burnley Ace evensteadiereddie

peter_nobles_fringe
Been Liked: 21 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by peter_nobles_fringe » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:33 pm

We are in an all seater stadium which for the unenlightened means seating only
Reading these comments people just think they can do what they like and sod anyone else, small minded people.

Gaia
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Gaia » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:48 pm

I take your point fishy but the club are partly responsible for the situation by turning a blind eye for well over 10 years.The rules against persistent standing were there all along.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:04 pm

peter_nobles_fringe wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:33 pm
We are in an all seater stadium which for the unenlightened means seating only
Reading these comments people just think they can do what they like and sod anyone else, small minded people.
I’m alright jack