Wout Weghorst Debut at Besiktas

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Re: Wout Weghorst Debut at Besiktas

Post by Zlatan » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:23 am

davideyresleftear wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:51 am
Foolish is the man who buys a chair to use for a ladder, then blames the chair when he cannot reach the heights he desires.
WW is that tall he shouldn't need a bloody ladder

claretcarrot93
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by claretcarrot93 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:28 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:55 pm
So you blame Dyche for not playing to his strengths and you blame Jackson for leaving him out. The simple answer was he was nowhere near good enough. Fingers crossed he never comes back.

As for bagging a hat full this season. Do you honestly think Kompany would have played him?
So thats a Dutch international and Cornet our top scorer last season with champions league pedigree who could not get in this Kompany team, must be some team considering so rookie kid and Barnes who has scored once in 2 years can?
This user liked this post: deanothedino

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5521 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:28 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:15 pm
Believe it or not I think in the 1920s a square object called the television got invented a remarkable piece of kit which can enable people to watch football without even leaving the house, don’t you think that’s a brilliant invention that’s been going nearly a century now.
How many of our games were televised?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:31 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:28 am
How many of our games were televised?
No idea I just watch odd 1s which are televised I don’t count them if I fancy like watching a game & it’s on I’ll watch it.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2589 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 am

Classic debate, he's either awful or class. He looked very good at first, then was a bit rubbish for a while. His attitude seemed poor and that's been an issue with him previously.

He's got a very good record in the Bundesliga and has generally done well everywhere he's been, plus acquired 14 caps for Holland. The idea he's garbage is ludicrous, it just didn't work out for him here, coming to a team on the way down, a manager on the way out and a system totally unsuited to him.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:45 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:31 am
No idea I just watch odd 1s which are televised I don’t count them if I fancy like watching a game & it’s on I’ll watch it.
So on one hand you're saying it's not right to make hasty judgements on scant evidence yet on the other it's fine to make judgements from watching to odd game on telly (if you can be arsed to watch it in the first place).

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:06 am

He set the tone in his first match at home to Liverpool when he missed two guilt edged chances in the first half.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:06 am

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:45 am
So on one hand you're saying it's not right to make hasty judgements on scant evidence yet on the other it's fine to make judgements from watching to odd game on telly (if you can be arsed to watch it in the first place).
I’ve attended games & watched television & listened to the radio & read what people are posting on here that’s more than sufficient, I’m not sure if there’s some sort of a criteria to be met or quotas of games to be watched to reach qualification for a valid acceptable opinion.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:21 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:10 am
Could we discuss wout weghorst please that’s all I want to discuss?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:22 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:10 am
Could we discuss wout weghorst please that’s all I want to discuss?
Nah let’s stick to you making sh-it up for now.
According to your numerous posts about taking the knee you have not attended a game since then - so that’s since June 2020. Burnley have historically had the lowest number of games shown on Sky each season - especially in recent years.
So does that mean you have seen around a quarter of all our games in last 2 plus years ?

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:23 am

Is this the right room for an argument?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:24 am

joey13 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:23 am
Is this the right room for an argument?
No now be quiet :D :D

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6898 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:35 am

beeholeclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:29 am
Interesting thread with lots of agenda driven opinions on Wout.

IMO

Wood going to Newcastle was a good deal. He has been great for Burnley with regards to scoring and fitting in with football the Sean Dyche way (which as we know is not always pretty). He had a poor season up to January and admitted he was in his ‘comfort zone’. He and Dyche had exchanged words at Wolves after he had been hooked so things weren’t good there.

Back to Wout. I don’t know how he was scouted and who was the driving force behind his signing. You do get the impression it was a ‘Pace’ generated deal as prior to beginning of last season our recruitment in Europe was minimal to say the least.

When he arrived Im sure we gave him the normal Burnley welcome and the crowd were behind him from the off. I remember there had been mutterings of discontent from his former team mates (possibly over his Covid jab status).

I must admit to being disappointed that he was not brilliant in the air despite being a few inches taller that many opponents. I thought that with the Roberts long throw we would create many openings but this rarely happened.

I was impressed in the early stages by his determination to track back and tackle deep in his own half when we were out of possession. We had not seen that from Wood for a long time. It gave the impression he was keen to do battle for Burnley. An early goal gives confidence and although we’ve seen TV clips of his goals elsewhere it never really happened at Burnley.

I liked the way he was able to link up play between midfield and pushing forward with some neat interchanges particularly when we had Cork and Jay in the side. When teamed with Westwood and Barnes it was mainly hoofball into the channels which he never excelled in.

As his confidence appeared to fade he began to look less capable when presented with chances and suddenly he looked slow and cumbersome in some matches (similar to Woody).

The determined attitude shown initially seemed to diminish and it made me wonder if things weren’t as rosy behind the scenes. His petulance at Watford was disgraceful and not cheering when Burnley scored two late goals was indicative of his mindset. Initially I had been fully supportive of Wout and wanted him to fire us to safety.

I now admit I was wrong and after his prompt dismissal of thoughts to stay and ‘help’ us to get back to the Premier league my support for him has quickly dissipated. The quicker he leaves the club the better. Don’t think he has been popular with his team mates either.

I was thinking back to 1971 when we paid £60000 to Bolton for Paul Fletcher as we vainly attempted to avoid top flight
relegation. He struggled to get those early goals until scoring the winner against rivals Blackpool. He had his limitations as a player but he had a massive positive attitude and as such was well liked by team mates and supporters. Love players with the positive attitude who want to be a Claret.
Very good summary. There’s not much room for middle ground on here sometimes though.

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:00 am

NottsClaret wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 am
Classic debate, he's either awful or class. He looked very good at first, then was a bit rubbish for a while. His attitude seemed poor and that's been an issue with him previously.

He's got a very good record in the Bundesliga and has generally done well everywhere he's been, plus acquired 14 caps for Holland. The idea he's garbage is ludicrous, it just didn't work out for him here, coming to a team on the way down, a manager on the way out and a system totally unsuited to him.
Nuance isn’t in a lot of posters’ vocabulary. It’s either one extreme or the other and you are correct, it happens on here all the time.
I thought at the time he came he was an upgrade on the then underperforming Wood. He seemed to have decent feet for a tall player and linked up play well. He wasn’t perfect but at our level who is?
As to the manner in which he left, we’ll it was a bit unwise of him to spell out his feelings so openly but then others make platitudes and are of like a shot if the opportunity comes their way.
The way some are castigating him makes me wonder if there’s more I don’t know about. Did he step on someone’s toe in the club shop and not apologise or something?

Longsidelenny1882
Been Liked: 189 times

Post by Longsidelenny1882 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:15 am

My thoughts on weghorst very good footballer is time at Burnley very average glad we moved him on is attitude stunk utc

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:07 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:24 am
No now be quiet :D :D
I’ve told you more than once :D

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:51 am

hetheclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:49 am
Just going to assume by better quality you mean aesthetically pleasing.

Rather than West Brom vs Watford being of a higher standard than last seasons europe league winners and one of the best teams in the world?
No, I meant what I said when in this match, sloppy passing and mistakes made it seem worse in quality then the WBA-Watford match.

Just one Bundesliga game though. I intend to watch other Bundesliga matches in due course.

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:06 pm

Longsidelenny1882 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:15 am
My thoughts on weghorst very good footballer is time at Burnley very average glad we moved him on is attitude stunk utc
Did it? Please say how you know.

woody
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by woody » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:44 pm

Im_not_Robbie_Blake wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:06 pm
I can tell you how I know that his attitude stank. I know one of our players personally and also know a couple of people who work "behind the scenes" at the club. Believe me his attitude at the end stank the place out.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:58 pm

woody wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:44 pm
I can tell you how I know that his attitude stank. I know one of our players personally and also know a couple of people who work "behind the scenes" at the club. Believe me his attitude at the end stank the place out.
Shouldn’t have been identified or signed in the first place whoever made it happen you have to seriously question their football knowledge, on the premise that wood had to go you aren’t telling me that nobody else more suitable than WW was available at the time.

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 323 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by Woonderbah » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:40 pm

Im_not_Robbie_Blake wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:06 pm

You only need to look at him once he'd been substituted away at Watford. If you watch the clips of Cork and Brownhill scoring, and then the scenes at full time, you'll see WW in the dugout not even bothering to look up from reading the programme whilst the team and fans were going wild. He wasn't bothered if we stayed up or not.
I was excited when he joined but I never want to see him wearing our shirt again.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan tiger76

vancouverclaret
Been Liked: 68 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by vancouverclaret » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:07 pm

Woonderbah wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:40 pm
You only need to look at him once he'd been substituted away at Watford. If you watch the clips of Cork and Brownhill scoring, and then the scenes at full time, you'll see WW in the dugout not even bothering to look up from reading the programme whilst the team and fans were going wild. He wasn't bothered if we stayed up or not.
I was excited when he joined but I never want to see him wearing our shirt again.
Totally agree.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:46 pm

Have you considered he was just annoyed with being subbed/not playing well rather than deliberately avoiding celebrations?

Even Ronaldo strops if he's pulled.

People automatically come to the conclusion he had a bad attitude but a lot of these players don't even make it to where they are without being annoyed about getting subbed or not performing well. We saw it with Wood earlier in the season too.

Woonderbah

Post by Woonderbah » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:37 pm

No sorry, not in such an important game as that.
You look at Bardsley, hadn't stepped foot on the pitch all season, probably knew he wasn't going to be offered a new contract and yet celebrated with his team mates as if he'd just scored the winner in a world cup final.. Weghorst, on the other hand, didn't even look up from the page he was reading.. that's not a strop.. that's I couldn't give a f***
These 3 users liked this post: box_of_frogs tiger76 Zlatan

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:39 pm

Woonderbah wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:37 pm
No sorry, not in such an important game as that.
You look at Bardsley, hadn't stepped foot on the pitch all season, probably knew he wasn't going to be offered a new contract and yet celebrated with his team mates as if he'd just scored the winner in a world cup final.. Weghorst, on the other hand, didn't even look up from the page he was reading.. that's not a strop.. that's I couldn't give a f***
But Bardsley wasn't pulled, or didn't play bad in that game?

I don't buy the bad attitude thing. I think he was annoyed and miss-managed. I also think it was written in stone he wasn't going to drop to the championship as he signed.

If I were him having champions league experience, and scoring for Wolfsburg often I'd be pretty miffed If I was dropped for a player like Barnes.

Gotta remember he's trained and played with players a lot better than us...then he's trained and played with players at Burnley. Like it or not he will know how he fairs against other players around him and it's pretty clear to me he's on another level.

Besides, apart from this specific event that seems nothing more than handbags to me, this sums it up to me:
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... s-24400608

Trying to leave on a clean slate, with nothing bad to say about us.
This user liked this post: Dingo

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:04 pm

I don’t think I’d have a bad word to say about somewhere I’d just trousered more than a couple of million in 6 months (signing on fee and wages) tbh. Talk is cheap and actions speak louder. When it came to action that helped us come up short irrespective of who’s fault it was. I’m fairly certain he won’t get the privilege of playing in our famous claret and blue again.

Dingo
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Dingo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:49 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:39 pm

Besides, apart from this specific event that seems nothing more than handbags to me, this sums it up to me:
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... s-24400608

Trying to leave on a clean slate, with nothing bad to say about us.
That’s a clear and respectful explanation as to why he wanted to go out on loan, and understandable in my view. He’s been harshly singled out by some when other players equally struggled last season. I was never offended by his comments or actions. Maybe I’m just not sensitive enough to these things.
These 2 users liked this post: superdimitri Burnley Ace

superdimitri

Post by superdimitri » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:26 pm

Dingo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:49 pm
That’s a clear and respectful explanation as to why he wanted to go out on loan, and understandable in my view. He’s been harshly singled out by some when other players equally struggled last season. I was never offended by his comments or actions. Maybe I’m just not sensitive enough to these things.
Yes, and not to forget articles can get translated badly.
Culture is also different, as we know Dutch people are famous for saying how it is. He simply said from day 1 he wasn't going to be in the Championship. In fact, I don't think he thought we'd even get relegated.

It's probably a term in his contract.
This user liked this post: Burnley Ace

1fatclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by 1fatclaret » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:27 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:35 pm
He’s a good player. A lot of fans couldn’t see that or refused to see it.
Name his qualities that would go on a “for sale” advert for him?

Name his good games for us

Name his good moments for us

Absolutely stole a wage for the vast majority of his time here

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:46 am

1fatclaret wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:27 pm
Name his qualities that would go on a “for sale” advert for him?

Name his good games for us

Name his good moments for us

Absolutely stole a wage for the vast majority of his time here
His qualities - can link up the play very well, hold up the ball and bring others into play.

Good games - the first few games he was very good.

Good moments - the assist for Jay at home to United, the performance and goal away at Brighton.

It’s a shame that I actually need to point this out, it only goes to further reinforce my initial point.
This user liked this post: Middle-agedClaret

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:03 am

And we really need to stop the Talk Sport-ification of football discourse - he did not “steal a wage”. It was a signing that didn’t work out. You’d think he’d gone on strike and refused to play by the way some folk are on here.
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

Woonderbah

Post by Woonderbah » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:02 am

I'm hoping he does really well in Turkey just so we get a decent fee for him if there's other parties interested.
This user liked this post: tiger76

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:18 am

superdimitri wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:46 pm
Have you considered he was just annoyed with being subbed/not playing well rather than deliberately avoiding celebrations?

Even Ronaldo strops if he's pulled.

People automatically come to the conclusion he had a bad attitude but a lot of these players don't even make it to where they are without being annoyed about getting subbed or not performing well. We saw it with Wood earlier in the season too.
Yes, but he's not Ronaldo and will never be close to him.

Simply did not take his chances when they came and his glaring miss against Villa cost us dearly.

No use spending more energy on a player who thinks he's bigger than our club and who will hopefully be sold for a decent amount soon.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:28 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:46 am
His qualities - can link up the play very well, hold up the ball and bring others into play.

Good games - the first few games he was very good.
Good moments - the assist for Jay at home to United, the performance and goal away at Brighton.

It’s a shame that I actually need to point this out, it only goes to further reinforce my initial point.
To think that he was “ really good” in his “ first few games “ is a stretch of almost incredulous magnitude. Sure he held the ball up ok and a few flick ons , fans were very patient with him . His 1st half chances v Liverpool we’re breathtakingly poor touch . Sure , he’s a good player per se but absolutely not suited to the Prem or ourselves .

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:35 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:28 am
To think that he was “ really good” in his “ first few games “ is a stretch of almost incredulous magnitude. Sure he held the ball up ok and a few flick ons , fans were very patient with him . His 1st half chances v Liverpool we’re breathtakingly poor touch . Sure , he’s a good player per se but absolutely not suited to the Prem or ourselves .
He had 6 months in a system that didn’t suit him, in a team that was struggling, in a new league, new country. Some players need time to adapt. Why do so many of our fans lack basic context?
This user liked this post: Middle-agedClaret

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:07 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:35 am
He had 6 months in a system that didn’t suit him, in a team that was struggling, in a new league, new country. Some players need time to adapt. Why do so many of our fans lack basic context?
That’s true but fans were incredibly supportive of WW right through his tenure . Personally I think his total lack of pace just didn’t help him the way we used him . Hopefully he scores a hatful in Turkey and we get a good few down the line .

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:13 pm

He's crap. He may have done well in the Bundesliga but there's only one reason players move to the Premier League for six months before being shipped off to the retirement league in Turkey. Crap player, rotten attitude.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:36 pm

Brutal !!
Looked good against Man U and Brighton. Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo for most of the time with us and sadly we needed him to. Had a clause allowing him to be exempt from relegation consequences so didn't really give a toss one way or the other.

Scored against Wales? **** he must be ******* Pele or Ronaldo! Most of the Premier league would beat Wales

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:42 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:13 pm
He's crap. He may have done well in the Bundesliga but there's only one reason players move to the Premier League for six months before being shipped off to the retirement league in Turkey. Crap player, rotten attitude.
Because he sulked when he was subbed? Maybe he was annoyed with himself?

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:45 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:36 pm
Brutal !!
Looked good against Man U and Brighton. Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo for most of the time with us and sadly we needed him to. Had a clause allowing him to be exempt from relegation consequences so didn't really give a toss one way or the other.

Scored against Wales? **** he must be ******* Pele or Ronaldo! Most of the Premier league would beat Wales
Who has said he is Pele and Ronaldo? Again, we are going to extremes here. Lacking context. Is he a great player? No, is he better than fans are giving him credit for? Yes.

Again for context.

No pre season with us
Arrived in Jan
Had 6 months
New team
New country
New league
New style of play
Managerial changes in them 6 months

But he sulked at Watford, must be ****.
This user liked this post: ClaretFelix

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:47 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:42 pm
Because he sulked when he was subbed? Maybe he was annoyed with himself?
No, because he's crap.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:10 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:47 pm
No, because he's crap.
Brilliant response.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 pm

Most transferred player in on Fantasy Football one week !!

He certainly had more good games than just Brighton and United but his struggle to score goals seemed to not so much knock his confidence (which is arrogantly high !) but meant that we had little choice but to try other players. As we know goals were an issue for us all season and WW did not miss anymore great chances than Wood did. They were both pretty awful in finishing all season and this is the biggest reason we got relegated. We only just got relegated too so it would have took just one of them to be slightly less crap in front of goal !!

WW’s attitude was poor and I hated what I saw at Watford. It was a watershed moment for me as to the type of character he was and not what we needed when we were fighting for our lives. Unfortunately we had very little alternatives that were fit - and we were very unlucky with injuries last year to our forwards. Was there ever a point when more than 2 were fit ?

I hope he fails miserably in Turkey - and at the World Cup for the Dutch too. Why are there so many Dutch footballers that like to cause trouble at their clubs and with their national team ? For a country that has won one major trophy they have a very over inflated view as to how good they are.

daveisaclaret

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:22 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:10 pm
Brilliant response.
What do you expect when you've pulled from thin air that I'm criticising him because of his temper tantrum at Watford?

He's not very good at football and that's why he's on loan at Besiktas.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:29 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:22 pm
What do you expect when you've pulled from thin air that I'm criticising him because of his temper tantrum at Watford?

He's not very good at football and that's why he's on loan at Besiktas.
So where did you decide he had a rotten attitude?

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:07 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:08 am
You claimed you didn't go on games due to the hatred of an anti racism message
Here was me thinking this topic was about Wout Weghorst, more off topic digs at the same 2/3 posters.

Mods sort your **** out, how is this allowed over and over again without any kind of warning? He targets specific posters and follows them around the place attempting to bully them. Something I’ve never ever done, I don’t discriminate, anybody can get schooled on football. The mods have gone downhill on here, far too biased when it comes to moderating

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:13 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:07 pm
Here was me thinking this topic was about Wout Weghorst, more off topic digs at the same 2/3 posters.

Mods sort your **** out, how is this allowed over and over again without any kind of warning? He targets specific posters and follows them around the place attempting to bully them. Something I’ve never ever done, I don’t discriminate, anybody can get schooled on football. The mods have gone downhill on here, far too biased when it comes to moderating
xx

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:14 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:14 pm
Most transferred player in on Fantasy Football one week !!

He certainly had more good games than just Brighton and United but his struggle to score goals seemed to not so much knock his confidence (which is arrogantly high !) but meant that we had little choice but to try other players. As we know goals were an issue for us all season and WW did not miss anymore great chances than Wood did. They were both pretty awful in finishing all season and this is the biggest reason we got relegated. We only just got relegated too so it would have took just one of them to be slightly less crap in front of goal !!

WW’s attitude was poor and I hated what I saw at Watford. It was a watershed moment for me as to the type of character he was and not what we needed when we were fighting for our lives. Unfortunately we had very little alternatives that were fit - and we were very unlucky with injuries last year to our forwards. Was there ever a point when more than 2 were fit ?

I hope he fails miserably in Turkey - and at the World Cup for the Dutch too. Why are there so many Dutch footballers that like to cause trouble at their clubs and with their national team ? For a country that has won one major trophy they have a very over inflated view as to how good they are.
Agree with most of that, and he did show initially that he might prove to be a good signing, but after those first few games he gradually got worse and worse as the weeks went by, admittedly not helped by our obsession to play long, when despite his height that clearly isn't his strength.

I totally disagree with your last paragraph, the best thing for BFC is he bags loads in Turkey, and then has an impact for the Dutch at the WC, that way we'll at least have a shot at recouping most of our £12m outlay. Because I can't see how he'll have any future at Burnley after everything which has transpired in recent months notably the dying minutes of the Watford match yes.

Are Dutch footballers any worse at causing ructions than any other nations, can't say I've noticed this phenomenon myself, and as for arrogant nations just look at how many fans and pundits laud the England national team as great, when they've only also only won one major trophy, and that was on home soil.

Middle-agedClaret
Been Liked: 314 times
Has Liked: 1069 times

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:16 pm

I’m increasingly sure that keyboard warriors are disproportionately represented amongst the users of this site…

Play nicely, boys ( and girls).
We all support the same team. Surely life is too short ( and it’s too hot) for snide, point- scoring aggression.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:22 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:14 pm
Agree with most of that, and he did show initially that he might prove to be a good signing, but after those first few games he gradually got worse and worse as the weeks went by, admittedly not helped by our obsession to play long, when despite his height that clearly isn't his strength.

I totally disagree with your last paragraph, the best thing for BFC is he bags loads in Turkey, and then has an impact for the Dutch at the WC, that way we'll at least have a shot at recouping most of our £12m outlay. Because I can't see how he'll have any future at Burnley after everything which has transpired in recent months notably the dying minutes of the Watford match yes.

Are Dutch footballers any worse at causing ructions than any other nations, can't say I've noticed this phenomenon myself, and as for arrogant nations just look at how many fans and pundits laud the England national team as great, when they've only also only won one major trophy, and that was on home soil.
It’s happened several times at a number of tournaments where Dutch players fallen out / refused to play. Davids, Seedorf, Kluivert, Van Nistleroy and a number of others.

England have only won one tournament due to them a having a long history of being pretty crap !! But at least the players have all remained pretty friendly whilst they were underperforming !!

Dutch have had some great sides and with the great players they have had should have won more…..I’m not counting the current side in that as if WW can make their team or bench they are obviously struggling !!