Bloody hell that was frustrating

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Flying Without Ings
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Re: Bloody hell that was frustrating

Post by Flying Without Ings » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:47 am

FCBurnley wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:07 pm
We were shocking until they had a man sent off
If you want to see constant success every game go support City you bedwetter.

It's a team in transition - give the players and manager time.
These 3 users liked this post: RVclaret tiger76 MancunianClaret

Flying Without Ings
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 35 times

Post by Flying Without Ings » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:52 am

So many leaches waiting to feed on the first bit of negativity. You must lead miserable lives.
These 2 users liked this post: jen1066 tiger76

Lord_Bob
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Lord_Bob » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:19 am

Yes, it was frustrating in that we are still working out VK's system. We were just a bit "off" tonight but could have at easily got a point.

I get the feeling, sorry, hate to be an optimist on this board, that once we get it worked out, probably after the WC, we might just be unstoppable. It's so good to watch us move the ball like we do. It will come.

There's something exciting in what we are tying to do, and when we get it together, as I think we just might, it's going to be a whole lot of fun.
These 2 users liked this post: louieollie tiger76

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by leelad » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:19 am

Patience is needed. On another day, one of those chances late on would have gone in. Of the three games played so far, VK will I think have learnt a lot more about his team and what their capabilities are at this level from last night's game.

I was reserving judgement on Burnley's chances this season after the 1st three games. If you look at our possession stats we are up there at the top so far. So that side of our game is in good shape. We are beginning to have options in midfield which is pleasing to see. Defensively we have had a couple of lapses of concentration which have cost us. But that's to be expected with a new look back four and keeper. It's clear where our deficiencies are. We need two strikers, one who has experience of the Championship. I'm sure VK knows where the problems lie. But I'm pleased with our start to the season. I would like to think we will be challenging for the playoffs, assuming we get these strikers in.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

wbfc
Been Liked: 108 times

Post by wbfc » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:30 am

I think it is best to be realistic not going to get promoted not going to get relegated...will stay exciting while we remain flirting with the play offs...going to be better to watch which is a big plus..

the hope is twine can do it when fit and we can find a real striker.. need a commanding centre half...

cullen appears to be a good championship player ..most of the others are learning on the job or players we have taken a punt on

costello should be perserved with i thought he played well at huddersfield and first half against luton ...when someome is young on here and they do not play well every minute they are "not ready" ..he looks a player and will make a career in one of the divisions..

next week if we win we wii be potential champions again with lots of posters .. keep real ..last time in league we had seasoned pros ..best goalkeeper, best centre half
and 20 goal scorer ...we have none of this ..

however the players are playing for the mamager and as long as the loan players stay commited we will see some good football..

wbfc
Been Liked: 108 times

Post by wbfc » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:39 am

sorry fogot to say matsen looks a very good signing...

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 561 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:40 am

We literally got Burnley’d, playing the way we did we will win more then we will lose

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:52 am

Actually not frustrating for me. We are getting 90% of it right and I like how we are playing and the energy we have. We all know what's missing from it.

I used to be far more frustrated at getting beat when we'd played the same way for 90 minutes and just brought a sub on in the 80th minute.

More positive than frustrated at the minute, which is quite strange as before the season started I thought that the possession game would bore the pants off me.
A work in progress.
These 3 users liked this post: louieollie tiger76 depechedingle

timshorts
Been Liked: 410 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:56 am

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:32 pm
. Costelloe was on the left hand side of the 3, Benson the right.
That looked awful. If benson is really better on the right than he is on the left then on that performance we shouldn't have signed him. He looked as though he was always on the wrong foot. Costelloe has looked pretty decent on the right.
There's quite a few of the new players that obviously get a big tick, but kompany is still learning about their attributes, I think. He made some selection mishaps yesterday, leaving out Cork being right up there.

It Is What It Is
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 407 times

Post by It Is What It Is » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:57 am

Watford were better on the night.
They shut us down very quickly all the time.
Their energy levels were better.
A defeat is a good learning curve lesson for the team so the way result against a team like Watford is OK.
The season is barely a week old with a new manager, lots of new young players so a win a draw and a loss is a decent start considering.
The future is bright... the future is CLARET.

Guitargeorge
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by Guitargeorge » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:07 am

We hit the woodwork again, their keeper was on his game and we had a man pulled back when he was in on goal. We were far the better team and if a 1-0 reverse at the home of one of the favourites to go up is reason for all this negativity, I give up. The team is in a transitional state, things need sorting yet, certain positions need strengthening I accept, but come on, get behind the guys in the upcoming home matches and enjoy the revolution. From small acorns, giant oaks grow.
These 2 users liked this post: tiger76 longsidepies

Turftalker
Been Liked: 39 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Turftalker » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 am

The player I am most intrigued about at the moment is Bastien. At times there are great signs. His drive at the Watford defence (albeit well ended by Choudry) was a good sign. But he seems less sure out wide. When Cork was dropped, I assumed he would partner Cullen, but is he seen as the second person for Brownhill's position? I like him, but trying to work out his position.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:39 am

Second half last night we had 73% possession and 8 shots vs 1, half on target and hit woodwork once. Not much wrong with that. It wasn’t just after the red card.

The concern is none of the front three had a shot. Brownhill had over half of them. That’s the thing to sort out. But we’ll be fine.

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:50 am

It Is What It Is wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:57 am
Watford were better on the night.
They shut us down very quickly all the time.
Their energy levels were better.
A defeat is a good learning curve lesson for the team so the way result against a team like Watford is OK.
The season is barely a week old with a new manager, lots of new young players so a win a draw and a loss is a decent start considering.
The future is bright... the future is CLARET.
Behave. Watford were cack but managed to get 1 shot on target.
These 2 users liked this post: jen1066 buzzclarets79

louieollie
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by louieollie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:11 am

After going on last night I'm more than happy with the direction and indeed the personnel that we have , it's going to take time and a good few tweaks along the way but I'd much rather watch this than what we had to endure for the last 18months. There's a lot of hard work to be done with this group of players before we will see where VK's real worth is I think . Positive big time UTC

welsbyswife
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by welsbyswife » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:25 am

A lot of people serm to be jumping to theceasy conclusion that a new striker will fix the scoring problem. Not that simple. For all the possession we created little until the last 5. I was very disappointed with Benson and Tella. Until Vitinho came on none of the wide players had beaten a man but constantly recycled the ball backwards. Any striker would struggle with such slow build up.

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:45 am

timshorts wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:56 am
That looked awful. If benson is really better on the right than he is on the left then on that performance we shouldn't have signed him. He looked as though he was always on the wrong foot. Costelloe has looked pretty decent on the right.
There's quite a few of the new players that obviously get a big tick, but kompany is still learning about their attributes, I think. He made some selection mishaps yesterday, leaving out Cork being right up there.
I reckon Benson and Costelloe were doing what they'd been told to do. They played really wide in the first half but whenever they got the ball they'd bring it back inside rather than pushing down the wing. It happened too often for it to be coincidence.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:28 am

Brownhill's late shot goes in and we'd be happy to take a good point at a team likely to be among the title contenders.

2nd half we bossed the game, even before the sending off, just one of those nights when it wouldn't go in.

But plenty to build upon ahead of the 2 home games.

Keep the faith it'll come together in time.
These 2 users liked this post: Billy Balfour longsidepies

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:42 am

Stayingup wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:25 pm
Not good enough. Conceding poor goals and unable to score.

A Dyche team would never have lost to poor opposition like they were tonight.

A Dyche championship side would have wiped the floor with Watford and todays Burnley.

I witnessed 2 mediocre sides out there last night with us looking the weaker of the 2.
We need to bring some muscle into the squad or otherwise this season could be embarrassing, starting the young Irish lad at CH would be a good start he looked impressive when he came on.

The City lad on loan looks class and him and the Irish lad both centre halfs would bring some much-needed steel to a weak looking bunch

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:51 am

:geek:
DCWat wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:57 pm
Do you remember Dyche’s first season?
I certainly do.

He made us from an easy touch in literally 2 games and turned us into a organised sold outfit who were hard to beat.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:12 pm

Flying Without Ings wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:52 am
So many leaches waiting to feed on the first bit of negativity. You must lead miserable lives.
Not really. I think its more disappointment that we didn't score and lost after also dropping two points last week.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:18 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:42 am
A Dyche championship side would have wiped the floor with Watford and todays Burnley.

I witnessed 2 mediocre sides out there last night with us looking the weaker of the 2.
We need to bring some muscle into the squad or otherwise this season could be embarrassing, starting the young Irish lad at CH would be a good start he looked impressive when he came on.

The City lad on loan looks class and him and the Irish lad both centre halfs would bring some much-needed steel to a weak looking bunch
Dyche’s Championship side for the 1st half of our title winning season was very average for the team we had. We put in some absolute shocking performances. Hull away Boxing Day was horrific (and the turning point as we all know). Also lost at Middlesbrough where we were terrible. Scraped a point at Brighton after a poor performance. Bolton away we got absolutely battered, should have been 4 down only to be saved by Andre Gray bagging two from nowhere.

Agree regarding Harwood-Bellis though, he’s been a pleasant surprise, looks a very good player at just 20 years old.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:20 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:14 am
Those who go regularly are going to be very lucky in the not too distant future. I am guessing 4-6 weeks. You will see this team click and someone is going to get absolutely pasted. Screen shot it, remind me of it, whichever. This team is going to be outrageously good. They are literally brand new coming from across Europe, once they settle and know each other, it's going to be electric. We could and should have got a result at a very established team last night. Twine to come back, possibly another 2-3 first teamers to come in. Yes we are lacking in penetration just now, but it will come, and when it does, all the bedwetters won't need clean bed sheets and a new mattress.
Bloody love this post. 100% spot on the money. Take a bow my son

Raconteur
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by Raconteur » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:26 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 pm
Tempo far too slow. Didn’t threaten their goal first half despite the possession stats. The wrong team started.
I would say the temperature during the 1st half had a major impact on the tempo of the game. It was still around 29 degrees at kick off

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3598 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:28 pm

Top Claret wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:51 am
:geek:

I certainly do.

He made us from an easy touch in literally 2 games and turned us into a organised sold outfit who were hard to beat.
Aye, with plenty calling for his head by the end of the season.
This user liked this post: Raconteur

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:18 pm

timshorts wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:56 am
Benson has played the large majority of his career on the right, he's a right winger. I agree about selection, Cork has to play, we need Twine back and need a couple in.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:49 pm

Missed last night as we were at Cabaret instead but it rather looks like Luton mk2 without getting the goal.

So a bit of over reaction but also a bit of realistic concern. That's twice now where we've not moved the ball well enough in the first half and twice gone behind to sloppy goals. And once we are behind it's much harder to get back into the game without that clinical edge up front.

We've time to bring in more players yet and also tine for the team to bed in more but I think the club were right to downplay the importance of promotion. This season is reset and prepare and consolidate.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:51 pm

welsbyswife wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:25 am
A lot of people serm to be jumping to theceasy conclusion that a new striker will fix the scoring problem. Not that simple. For all the possession we created little until the last 5. I was very disappointed with Benson and Tella. Until Vitinho came on none of the wide players had beaten a man but constantly recycled the ball backwards. Any striker would struggle with such slow build up.
But a more mobile striker who could run the channels would create space and give our midfielders more options on the ball.
Every game we start with Barnes it's costing us potentially vital points.

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm

Wow there are some moaners and a number of clueless posters on here. The game last night should have been 3 points for the Clarets on that performance. Watford won but were absolute tosh for the vast majority of the game. We hit the bar, faced a goalkeeper who made some first class saves and might have had a penalty. Apart from a couple of defensive mistakes, one being Muric's poor kick out the team might as well sat down on the pitch and read a book. Sarr looked every inch a £10 player not £25m+ last night.

We are dominating possession and don't ever look like we are going to concede many goals. I would rather watch what we produced last night than most of the games under the last two seasons under Dyche. It was much more enjoyable to watch and the anticipation of something truly spectacular happening under VK is clear to see. So I make this prediction, we will finish in the top 6 this season and Watford will not. They have 7 points from 3 but have been outplayed in each. An offside goal in the first, and two performances by their keeper in the next 2 games which on a different day might have resulted in 3 or 4 goal defeats in each. Their luck will run out pretty soon and we just need things to click by a couple of percentage points or so and we will rip this division apart. Keep the faith all the signs are there.
This user liked this post: jen1066

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:36 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm
We are dominating possession and don't ever look like we are going to concede many goals. I would rather watch what we produced last night than most of the games under the last two seasons under Dyche. It was much more enjoyable to watch and the anticipation of something truly spectacular happening under VK is clear to see. So I make this prediction, we will finish in the top 6 this season and Watford will not. They have 7 points from 3 but have been outplayed in each. An offside goal in the first, and two performances by their keeper in the next 2 games which on a different day might have resulted in 3 or 4 goal defeats in each. Their luck will run out pretty soon and we just need things to click by a couple of percentage points or so and we will rip this division apart. Keep the faith all the signs are there.
The formula was there to be seen in the first half at Huddersfield. The players have fallen away from it to a degree because they're not robots and it's not yet second nature. both second-half recoveries have been good, but they still haven't matched the in-behind runs from midfield made in that first game.

I'm almost inclined to think we should go with a false 9 until Twine is available rather than Barnes or JayRod. That means we're overloading forward midfield, playing further up the field, and providing more opportunities for those channel runs. Let Roberts play in a more traditional full-back role (so why not Lowts?), making it more of an "unintentional" three at the back.

Jambo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 240 times

Post by Jambo » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:48 pm

I think Jay will be a big improvement on Barnes but still not really the right profile for how this team wants to attack.

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:57 am

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm
Wow there are some moaners and a number of clueless posters on here. The game last night should have been 3 points for the Clarets on that performance. Watford won but were absolute tosh for the vast majority of the game. We hit the bar, faced a goalkeeper who made some first class saves and might have had a penalty. Apart from a couple of defensive mistakes, one being Muric's poor kick out the team might as well sat down on the pitch and read a book. Sarr looked every inch a £10 player not £25m+ last night.

Some posts age better than others!
This user liked this post: LaLigaClaret

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:59 am

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:14 am
Those who go regularly are going to be very lucky in the not too distant future. I am guessing 4-6 weeks. You will see this team click and someone is going to get absolutely pasted. Screen shot it, remind me of it, whichever. This team is going to be outrageously good. They are literally brand new coming from across Europe, once they settle and know each other, it's going to be electric. We could and should have got a result at a very established team last night. Twine to come back, possibly another 2-3 first teamers to come in. Yes we are lacking in penetration just now, but it will come, and when it does, all the bedwetters won't need clean bed sheets and a new mattress.
Well said, that man!
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:02 pm

[deleted - you beat me too it]

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:11 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:25 pm
Not good enough. Conceding poor goals and unable to score.

A Dyche team would never have lost to poor opposition like they were tonight.
Great thread this one, 3 games in.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:30 pm

It's fascinating looking back at how the season started.

The team has improved a crazy amount - we struggled to apply tempo to our possession for the first 2 months or so, but once we had nailed how to burst into life we just didn't look back.

Is there any way to watch the Huddersfield match again? I would love to watch it from start to finish, only saw it live at the time and have only seen Maatsen's goal since. That first half was magical.

Luton, Watford, Hull and Blackpool were frustrating but I think we'd have comprehensively dismantled those teams with our current side. The other consideration is the fanbase would understand the manner we play far more. Turf Moor was impatient for the first two months as we were not used to goalkeepers and defenders actually trying to pick a pass out, not to mention regurgitating possession across the back line looking/probing for an opening. It seemed slow, it seemed laboured, it appeared to lack intention and thought at times.

Now the crowd are used to what we do and are just waiting for the burst to come from Cullen or Beyer making a driving run with the ball before feeding it. What a season.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:32 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:30 pm
Is there any way to watch the Huddersfield match again?
Yes it’s on clarets+ in the full match replay archive.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:45 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:32 pm
Yes it’s on clarets+ in the full match replay archive.
Excellent, cheers for that RV. Evening sorted.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:04 pm

Some classic stuff from the usual suspects. Jakub’s ‘we tried to tell you’ a particular highlight.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:47 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:36 pm
I have one worry - that some of our fans after years of Dycheball can’t handle us playing in this style. That shows tonight.

Personally I am a lot happier at 10pm than I was at 8pm. I wanted a draw. OK, it’s 1 point less. But a defeat will cause these new lads to evaluate how tough this division is. That’s good. Also, the way we pinned them back for much of the game bodes so well. I expected their power and energy to overcome us, in truth, it didn’t.
Actually one of the things I am most pleased with is that despite my concerns above raised in August our fans have actually adopted this new style quite well, they seem tolerant at the times when the tempo is low and we are just passing it around the back.

My favourite on this thread is the OP suggesting we need a new striker pronto - then we have scored in every league game since :D

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:40 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:30 pm

Is there any way to watch the Huddersfield match again? I would love to watch it from start to finish, only saw it live at the time and have only seen
That's a good idea.

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 3950 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:55 pm

CaptainKirk wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:59 am
Well said, that man!
Thanks Kirky, I was saving it until the end of the season until I dug that one out..... oh well, good to see it again.

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:24 pm

CaptainKirk wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:57 am
Some posts age better than others!
I don't like to say I told you so but I told you so. I also remember saying on a Players Ratings post when Zaroury first played for us that the scores given were ridiculous (underscored) and that he would be fantastic and one of our best players. I don't like to say I told you so but I told you so. What a great season this is turning out. I only hope we put out a strong team for the game against Fleetwood because we have a real opportunity here to progress and if we then get a home draw and avoid the top Prem teams then who knows ?

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:25 pm

It’s almost as if bedding in a new coaching staff, largely new squad and entirely new style of play takes more than a few weeks.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:11 pm

It's notable that we signed Zaroury and Beyer about a fortnight after the game this thread was started about (Watford), and Tella had been signed just the day before, I think. Some managers want the transfer window closed before the season starts, but for me looking at how we were able to test the team in real games then add to it what was needed to complete it, it's an argument for the value of leaving the window open for a few games. The counter argument is that you could be on the wrong end of a late transfer like what happened to us when Charlie Austin went to QPR, which is a fair enough point, but the ability to sort of road-test the team in proper competitive games before tweaking and then finalising it overpowers those concerns for me.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:20 pm

Interesting also to contrast the pace of play in the Watford/Luton/early season games with the Norwich game the other day, where we played like every player had done a gram a minute before kickoff. It's the aggression we've perfected as much as anything.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:32 am

Just illustrates why judgements shouldn't be made after 3/4 games, especially with a new manager and plenty of churn within our squad.

Worth noting that in the Coyle promotion campaign we were dreadful for the first 4 games, heavy defeats to Sheff Wed and Ipswich followed by 2 0-0 draws with Palace and Plymouth, and the clamour for Owen to go was growing, then our new signings started gelling and we improved throughout the season culminating in beating Sheff Utd at Wembley.

The Championship is a long haul and nobody wins anything after 3 games despite what some Rovers fans might think.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1747 times
Has Liked: 345 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:44 am

Lord_Bob wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:19 am
Yes, it was frustrating in that we are still working out VK's system. We were just a bit "off" tonight but could have at easily got a point.

I get the feeling, sorry, hate to be an optimist on this board, that once we get it worked out, probably after the WC, we might just be unstoppable. It's so good to watch us move the ball like we do. It will come.

There's something exciting in what we are tying to do, and when we get it together, as I think we just might, it's going to be a whole lot of fun.
This

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:51 am

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:32 am
Just illustrates why judgements shouldn't be made after 3/4 games, especially with a new manager and plenty of churn within our squad.

Worth noting that in the Coyle promotion campaign we were dreadful for the first 4 games, heavy defeats to Sheff Wed and Ipswich followed by 2 0-0 draws with Palace and Plymouth, and the clamour for Owen to go was growing, then our new signings started gelling and we improved throughout the season culminating in beating Sheff Utd at Wembley.

The Championship is a long haul and nobody wins anything after 3 games despite what some Rovers fans might think.
People proper soiled themselves on here demanding that Coyle be sacked

And it wasn't a few, its was loads

Only a few of us defended it, using exactly the same reasons that we use now

My reputation for always being right started that season ;)

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2589 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:11 pm

I guess it’s just the emotion that gets people like that. Easy to let your desperation for instant success to boil over into frustration and criticism.

I’m wrong more often than I’m right about Burnley, just generally since I’ve been going. Don’t mind admitting that. When I watch other teams i don’t care about, I can often predict pretty well how things will roughly pan out for them, if a player will make it, if they should stick or sack a manager etc. All goes to s**t when I watch my own team though.