knuckle-scraper in this video

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Re: knuckle-scraper in this video

Post by houseboy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:28 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:05 pm
Personally I think this type of behaviour should be ridiculed for what it is... stupid!

Some poor mite thinking he's bloody Tyson Fury and wanting to take on the fans of the other team. My approach to this would be to let him get across and see what he actually does... most likely to get most of the way across then crap his CK pants and desperately try to get back to his mates from the "no mans land" area. Obviously this could never happen as it would get someone hurt.
As you say he may have sh*t himself if let go but you never know. Did you ever see any footage of a cute guy called Harry the Dog at Millwall? It’s some time ago now he would send a whole mob of opposing fans scattering the psycho. These guys are not all ‘hold me back while I get at em’, some are seriously hard characters.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 323 times

Post by HahaYeah » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:29 pm

He's not my idea of a knuckle scraper, can imagine him saying to the steward there- 'hold me back will you? I'm very dangerous.'
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan bfcmatt NRC

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:33 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:28 pm
As you say he may have sh*t himself if let go but you never know. Did you ever see any footage of a cute guy called Harry the Dog at Millwall? It’s some time ago now he would send a whole mob of opposing fans scattering the psycho. These guys are not all ‘hold me back while I get at em’, some are seriously hard characters.
Oh I understand that, and as someone who frequented many different grounds on away trips in the 80's and 90's I have seen plenty of unnecessary fighting between fans and I'll admit when I was a teenager it was exciting on occasion to be there amongst it at the risk of getting lamped by someone (I'll add I was never goading for a fight, but I would hold my own if dragged into something).

Thing is, I see these lads in the CFS every home game who think they are hard as nails when in reality most would cry like babies if they stood on some Lego, and its all bravado and for show. I suppose I'm getting old enough now to just want to watch the football and enjoy the sport...
This user liked this post: houseboy

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:34 pm

If anyone thinks our fans are bad take a look at ‘polish away ends’ on Google. Loads of pics of cages (yes cages) with caged tunnels leading to them like the ones that they used to use for lions at a circus. And ‘fans’ literally climbing the walls.
We aren’t that bad really. Suspect Leeds and Millwall are far worse. To namejust two.

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:35 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:34 pm
If anyone thinks our fans are bad take a look at ‘polish away ends’ on Google. Loads of pics of cages (yes cages) with caged tunnels leading to them like the ones that they used to use for lions at a circus. And ‘fans’ literally climbing the walls.
We aren’t that bad really. Suspect Leeds and Millwall are far worse. To namejust two.
personally I found the Leeds fans very amicable on our trip to Elland Road last season, even with my claret on I was welcomed into the pubs for a drink with my mate.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:37 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:35 pm
personally I found the Leeds fans very amicable on our trip to Elland Road last season, even with my claret on I was welcomed into the pubs for a drink with my mate.
They must have finally changed the water there. Glad you had a good time there though.
These 2 users liked this post: Zlatan HandforthClaret

Zlatan

Post by Zlatan » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:43 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:37 pm
They must have finally changed the water there. Glad you had a good time there though.
I think its more to do with how I behaved too, I wasn't looking for a fight or wanting to cause trouble - I was there to watch a football match and I enjoyed the company of like minded supporters from Leeds in a pub outside the ground.
This user liked this post: Middle-agedClaret

Bigbopper
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Bigbopper » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:07 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:59 am
I don't think a few stewards and a bit of plastic sheeting would have stopped Norman.
Norman was very much a legend in his own imagination.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:10 pm

Zlatan wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:43 pm
I think its more to do with how I behaved too, I wasn't looking for a fight or wanting to cause trouble - I was there to watch a football match and I enjoyed the company of like minded supporters from Leeds in a pub outside the ground.
I’ve always said that if you don’t look for a fight you will rarely get one. I live in Baxenden and occasionally go to Stanley. It’s fun and entertaining and because Stanley fans are friendly there is rarely trouble there.
I think that an element of ‘enmity’ (for want of a better word) is good for the atmosphere of a game but the wisdom of age tells us that it should go no further than a good old fashioned but of banter/argument. Football is NOT worth fighting over.
This user liked this post: Zlatan

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1130 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:23 am

Bigbopper wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:07 pm
Really ??

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1080 times
Has Liked: 4241 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:07 am

houseboy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:47 pm
No self-interest DA and not trying to justify it. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of many. I don’t believe that people who have done questionable things in the past have a right to point fingers and call names at those who do the same as they did. I applaud your non violent stance and share your views but I cannot bring myself to condemn those who do the same bad things I did. Thankfully those days are long gone for me and when I see such things now I just take a deep breath and think ‘did I really do that’?
For many it’s just part of growing up.
I thought you believed in freedom of speech. That’s usually your argument against “political correctness” (aka not being racist / sexist / homophobic etc), anyway.

Does freedom of speech only apply to folk who have never done anything wrong in the past, now?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:20 am

Sensible people don't make trouble to find fights & on the odd rare occasions trouble finds them them kind of people know how to avoid/deal.with it.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:29 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:07 am
I thought you believed in freedom of speech. That’s usually your argument against “political correctness” (aka not being racist / sexist / homophobic etc), anyway.

Does freedom of speech only apply to folk who have never done anything wrong in the past, now?
You are correct and my wording was clumsy. I shouldn’t have said ‘no right’ because of course everyone has a right to an opinion and to voice it. I should maybe have said ‘should be careful when’ or some such thing.
Either way thanks for pointing that out. Freedom of speech applies to everyone.
This user liked this post: Greenmile

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12359 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm

Bigbopper wrote:
And no doubt you told him that! :lol:
These 2 users liked this post: bfcjg AGENT_CLARET

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:49 pm

Bigbopper wrote:
I once saw Norman doing Ju Jitsu (hope that is the right spelling) down on Sycamore Farm rec on a bank holiday fair day. He was smashing concrete blocks like they were balsa wood, I thought if he can do that to concrete what could he do in a fight, then I saw shat he could do with some Spurs fans at a motorway service station. He was really hard.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3062 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:54 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:34 pm
Don't know what you mean? :lol:

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:10 pm

ŽižkovClaret wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:54 pm
Don't know what you mean? :lol:
Ha ha. That looks like it’s taken at a non league ground in someone’s back garden.

KlyBfc
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 126 times

Post by KlyBfc » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:25 pm

Anyone thinking it’s just our fans etc… needs to give their head a shake.

I popped in the cricket club for a pint to meet a mate who’s a Hull fan last night. I was stood outside and a whole load of Hull fans in the upper part of the pavilion started singing to 3 young (teenage) Burnley lasses about having an STD and then chanting to the older guy with them (looked like one of their dads) that he was a n*+*e. They had been minding their own business facing the cricket pitch on the seating outside . That to me is far worse than what we’ve witnessed on the video and unfortunately a sad indictment of our society.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3062 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:11 pm

houseboy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:10 pm
Ha ha. That looks like it’s taken at a non league ground in someone’s back garden.
Vlasim, who are/were sponsored by a large bullet and arms manufacturer.

Bigbopper
Been Liked: 91 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Bigbopper » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:30 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
And no doubt you told him that! :lol:
Yes I did many times , I knew him from the age of about 10. He was not a bad lad but a lot of the stories about him were made up, mostly by himself.
Next thing people on here will be putting forward Andy Porter as "Top Boy" in the SS.
This user liked this post: Leisure