Screens not showing team selections

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Screens not showing team selections

Post by Bfc » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:50 am

Can anyone answer why the pitchside screens no longer show the teams line ups. Upto last season, they were shown during the early parts of the games. Now nothing is shown and unless you've bought a programme, it's difficult finding out who most of the opposition players are and for newcomers to the Turf, even some of our players.
These 3 users liked this post: nil_desperandum wilks_bfc simonclaret

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Re: Screens not showing team selections

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:07 am

Not something I look at too often but can be useful with opposition players. They’ve just become purely advertising screens now.
This user liked this post: claptrappers_union

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:16 am

At least you can see them

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:17 am

Dont know about the screens, but the tannoy system is an absolute disgrace

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:17 am

Is there a way to raise the size of the images when they are announcing subs.

Without a working PA system, I rely on the screen and it’s impossible to read from where I am.

Assuming there has been a change to the person doing the screens this season?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:26 am

There are certainly more adverts on there than there used to be.

When not adverts, it shows the game but with about a four second delay, which is pretty pointless. Far better to show the line ups (ideally in a decent sized font) and save the action footage for replays.

On a more positive note, I was quite impressed with some of the build up footage and how it was replicated across the LED signage. I know a lot don’t like all the LED’s but as we’ve got them now, it’s good that they’re starting to be used effectively.

Unless I’ve missed it, I don’t think they use them when the teams are announced - it’d be quite good if the player names were shown across the LED’s as each name was being announced.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:30 am

At Accrington, you can buy a full programme for £3 (unless it's gone up this year) or a teamsheet in the club shop for 20p.

beddie
Been Liked: 1382 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:33 am

Yes I miss that, also I do struggle to read the half time scores, the new graphics are not very clear.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:39 am

Enjoyed the videos before the game, think it’s the first time I’ve been on early enough to see them for a while.
Showing highlights of our previous wins v Hull etc

Jambo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 240 times

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:52 am

Difficult to make out anything on the screens anyway as a) they are not big enough and b) the font choice/colour is extremely hard to read. Honestly the one in the BL corner must be the smallest big screen in football. Seen bigger in folk's front rooms.

Goody1975
Been Liked: 978 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by Goody1975 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:53 am

Bfc wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:50 am
Can anyone answer why the pitchside screens no longer show the teams line ups.
It's the new screens, they are next to useless due to their size, the previous fonts can no longer be used to fit both sides on one screen as was the case previously. They used the previous format for the first couple of games but nobody could read any of the text.

The club has made a big mistake here, I sit in the Longside Upper but near the front, anybody at the back has no chance.

The pre match video which uses the full screen is excellent but everything else using text is useless.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:58 am

It’s something I’ve mentioned numerous times and been shot down for even suggesting the screens should be for something other than “mUcH nEeDeD rEvEnUe”. Like we haven’t got an entire ground now, inside and out full of screens.

They’re big enough to keep the lineup on one at all times. By that I mean rotate the line up and adverts between the two every couple of minutes so it’s always on at least one.

Goody1975
Been Liked: 978 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by Goody1975 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:14 am

Claretforever wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:58 am
It’s something I’ve mentioned numerous times and been shot down for even suggesting the screens should be for something other than “mUcH nEeDeD rEvEnUe”. Like we haven’t got an entire ground now, inside and out full of screens.

They’re big enough to keep the lineup on one at all times. By that I mean rotate the line up and adverts between the two every couple of minutes so it’s always on at least one.
.....but that wouldn't have to be the case if the correct sized screen was purchased/leased. I know someone is going to clarify that a larger screen would be far more expensive but they've gone for a widescreen version which isn't fit for purpose and inferior in many ways to the one it replaced.

Just my opinion of course.

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:19 am

nori1958, I can only see the screen when I move to my shoulders right or left, as I've a speaker blocking my view of the screen. dsr, the Accrington programme/team sheet doesn't give the Burnley/opposition teams in it😏.

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 678 times

Post by Whitgord » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:22 am

Even though it’s a wide screen, surely the person setting up the items can make the information fill the full width and can improve the contrast and size of the text. It looks to me like they design the slides on a normal aspect screen and give no thought to it’s final use.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 pm

Goody1975 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:14 am
.....but that wouldn't have to be the case if the correct sized screen was purchased/leased. I know someone is going to clarify that a larger screen would be far more expensive but they've gone for a widescreen version which isn't fit for purpose and inferior in many ways to the one it replaced.

Just my opinion of course.
True. I actually like the screen design in terms of how it curves, so I’m thinking solutions based upon what we’ve got.

lucs86
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 631 times

Post by lucs86 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm

It's a really poor experience compared to last season.
No team sheets is annoying, tannoy is inaudible, the text size on away substitutions is unreadable with the vast majority of screen space wasted on blank space around a massive away team crest.
It's really crap to have to use the poor phone signal to work out who's on the pitch for the opposition.

Terrier
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 124 times

Post by Terrier » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:51 pm

Good point, i have been a season ticket holder many yrs and will admit with all our changes i don't know who is who in our team never mind the opposition!

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 672 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:11 pm

The screens showing the line ups were good for knowing which of the opposition players had been booked etc. For example, last night I wasn't sure which Hull player had been booked for the early foul on Maatsen.
These 3 users liked this post: wilks_bfc Goody1975 Rileybobs

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:25 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:11 pm
The screens showing the line ups were good for knowing which of the opposition players had been booked etc. For example, last night I wasn't sure which Hull player had been booked for the early foul on Maatsen.
That's exactly what we commented on, and would be even more annoying in a game of many cards when you want to keep up with who's on a yellow and who isn't.
So far as I've been aware, it's also impossible to know who's on our bench as they are not listed on the screen. (Might be wrong on that though).

lucs86
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 631 times

Post by lucs86 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:32 pm

Jakubs Tash wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:11 pm
That's a great point, how's the crowd supposed to pressure the ref into a second yellow when we can't tell who's already booked?
That's more important than whatever they were advertising.

clitheroeclaret3
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by clitheroeclaret3 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm

lucs86 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
It's a really poor experience compared to last season.
No team sheets is annoying, tannoy is inaudible, the text size on away substitutions is unreadable with the vast majority of screen space wasted on blank space around a massive away team crest.
It's really crap to have to use the poor phone signal to work out who's on the pitch for the opposition.
Exactly this above.
Cant make out what`s said over tannoy, can`t read the small text on screen.
Sat in longside upper, chap next to me had had to handwrite the teamsheets to try to follow who was who :)
As others have pointed out would be useful to know who`s playing of all the new players!

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:25 pm
That's exactly what we commented on, and would be even more annoying in a game of many cards when you want to keep up with who's on a yellow and who isn't.
So far as I've been aware, it's also impossible to know who's on our bench as they are not listed on the screen. (Might be wrong on that though).
The substitutes have never been listed on the screen previously during the game (they may have done prior to the game when the lineups were announced)

We struggle with the 22 players that are on the pitch showing on the screen, nevermind adding an additional 14 subs

groove
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by groove » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:06 pm

What a farce.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:45 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm
The substitutes have never been listed on the screen previously during the game (they may have done prior to the game when the lineups were announced)

We struggle with the 22 players that are on the pitch showing on the screen, nevermind adding an additional 14 subs
Where did I mention that I expected ALL of them listed during the match?
It was listing the subs as the players came onto the pitch that I always used to find useful.
Ok, they might be announced prior to kick-off, but you often can't hear them with our appalling sound system.
As I said in my post I DON'T THINK that they were on the screen prior to kick-off for the past 2 games, as in the past, though I might be wrong.
BUT, the subs always used to be shown on the big screen during the match if they replaced another player, so (e.g.) Jay's name would be replaced on the team sheet by Ashley Barnes once the substitution had been made. We definitely don't get that now. Perhaps not so important for our own players once we get to know them, but definitely useful for opposition subs.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:23 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:45 pm
Where did I mention that I expected ALL of them listed during the match?
It was listing the subs as the players came onto the pitch that I always used to find useful.
Ok, they might be announced prior to kick-off, but you often can't hear them with our appalling sound system.
As I said in my post I DON'T THINK that they were on the screen prior to kick-off for the past 2 games, as in the past, though I might be wrong.
BUT, the subs always used to be shown on the big screen during the match if they replaced another player, so (e.g.) Jay's name would be replaced on the team sheet by Ashley Barnes once the substitution had been made. We definitely don't get that now. Perhaps not so important for our own players once we get to know them, but definitely useful for opposition subs.
You used the phrase "who's on our bench" I assumed (admittedly incorrectly) that was what you wanted to know during the game who was on the bench.

I'm in full agreement with you. The teams should be shown on the screen during the game, or at least name the subs during the pregame announcement using a decent PA system (although it didn't sound as bad last night in the JMU)
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

RickyBobby
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by RickyBobby » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:43 pm

The lineups on the screen used to be very useful to see names of oppositions players and to see who has been booked.
Last night the screen showed live images of the game which I don’t understand as everyone can see the pitch!
If it isn’t broke…
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:45 pm

Also who decided showing the teams with Claret and Blue writing a good idea
It's very hard to read and the announcements area joke, it's sounds like the announcer has swallowed the mic and then tried to speak Distorted and blureed with one word in three audible.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:01 pm

clitheroeclaret3 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm
Exactly this above.
Cant make out what`s said over tannoy, can`t read the small text on screen.
Sat in longside upper, chap next to me had had to handwrite the teamsheets to try to follow who was who :)
As others have pointed out would be useful to know who`s playing of all the new players!
I can hear the bloke on the PA system in the Bob Lord and I still don’t have a clue who the opposition players are - unless they’re called Bob Smith, he’s knackered!

I’m surprised that they’ve not put a new PA system in though - the current one is no longer up to scratch and hasn’t been for ages. Turning the volume up on a **** system just makes the sound even worse.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:10 pm

Shut up, sit down, and watch the adverts.

What's wrong with you all?