FAO Ashingtonclaret, or anyone in Northumberland

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

FAO Ashingtonclaret, or anyone in Northumberland

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:35 pm

Hi, I'm at Creswell for 4 days this week, and I'm going to the Millwall game. I'm hoping to do a car share just to save on the petrol. I don't mind being a passenger or driving. If there are any fellow Clarets up that way, going to the game, just leave a message on here for time and place, and I'll be there.

Thanks in anticipation

UTC
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Re: FAO Ashingtonclaret, or anyone in Northumberland

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:24 pm

How do, I'm in Woodham (Newton Aycliffe) happy to drive you there and back if you can get to my gaff? Junction 60 off the A1.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:32 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:24 pm
How do, I'm in Woodham (Newton Aycliffe) happy to drive you there and back if you can get to my gaff? Junction 60 off the A1.
To you?

Barry_Chuckle

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:26 pm

To me 🙄
These 3 users liked this post: Zlatan longsidepies conyoviejo

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:20 pm

Hi Colburn, I shall be away with Ashington AFC at Carlisle that night. I gave up my ST at the Turf last season because of the Covid problems and have been doing non-league ever since. Have a good trip and let's hope for another good result.
This user liked this post: conyoviejo

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1678 times
Has Liked: 2513 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:36 pm

Lovely beach at Cresswell. We were there last Tuesday on a mini tour of Northumberland.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

Cubanforever
Been Liked: 222 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by Cubanforever » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:41 pm

Love Northumberland, many great family holidays up there over the last 16 years.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:40 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:20 pm
Hi Colburn, I shall be away with Ashington AFC at Carlisle that night. I gave up my ST at the Turf last season because of the Covid problems and have been doing non-league ever since. Have a good trip and let's hope for another good result.
Cheers Ashington, it was worth a try.
Good luck at Carlisle.
This user liked this post: Ashingtonclaret46

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:48 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:24 pm
Cheers Barry, I have friends who live at Woodham.
I was hoping to go down the A19 I hate going past the Metro Centre. I should be able to cut across from the A19 by Sedgefield. I'll confirm on Monday if that's OK, and we can work out a meeting.
This user liked this post: Life of Riley

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by durhamclaret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:48 am

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:20 pm
Sorry to read that you’ve given up your ST Ashington, I don’t get down too often nowadays.
May bump into you at some non league game, I go occasionally to South Shields and Darlo.
All the best and as always UTC!

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:49 am

durhamclaret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:48 am
Sorry to read that you’ve given up your ST Ashington, I don’t get down too often nowadays.
May bump into you at some non league game, I go occasionally to South Shields and Darlo.
All the best and as always UTC!
The Covid messing around was the final straw really. I was fed up with VAR, which I feel has interfered with the game and IFAB have adapted The Laws of the Game so that they are not the same at all levels. When I was mentoring young officials and holding meetings with them, VAR always took over, even though, at their stage of development they were never going to get anywhere near it!
Add to that, players falling over if there was a slight breeze, more and more of them trying to con officials and I just wasn't prepared to do the 300 mile round trip to have some games decided in a booth a further 200 plus miles from the Turf.

You are watching non-league at a slightly higher level than I am, however, I do occasionally get to quite a number of other grounds. Shields played at Ashington in a friendly before the season started and they looked decent, had a good chat with Kevin Phillips about his start in non-league football as a player when I saw him playing against my eldest son!
Anyway, what are the fish and chips like at Shields? Take care.
These 2 users liked this post: durhamclaret conyoviejo

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by durhamclaret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:12 pm

Agree 100% with your comments re VAR etc
Yeah the fish n chips are excellent in South Shields, Coleman’s on Ocean Rd is the place
Look after yourself Ash

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:20 pm

durhamclaret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:12 pm
Agree 100% with your comments re VAR etc
Yeah the fish n chips are excellent in South Shields, Coleman’s on Ocean Rd is the place
Look after yourself Ash
Agreed Coleman’s is very nice just a bit further up Ocean Road is Smyths which is also quite nice as well. There are many different eateries on Ocean Road though so should cater for any taste but particularly Indian Restaurants.
This user liked this post: durhamclaret

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:21 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:35 pm
Hi, I'm at Creswell for 4 days this week, and I'm going to the Millwall game. I'm hoping to do a car share just to save on the petrol. I don't mind being a passenger or driving. If there are any fellow Clarets up that way, going to the game, just leave a message on here for time and place, and I'll be there.

Thanks in anticipation

UTC
I'm in between Amble and Warkworth but unfortunately it's a working week and Tuesday night won't work for me. Enjoy Beautiful Northumberland and enjoy the game... hopefully another 3 big points!

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:53 pm

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:21 pm
I'm in between Amble and Warkworth but unfortunately it's a working week and Tuesday night won't work for me. Enjoy Beautiful Northumberland and enjoy the game... hopefully another 3 big points!
I've been to Nortumberland many times, and love the area. It's a bit like Scotland 2 miles North of Glasgow and it's a different world, 2 miles north of Newcastle is the same.

I had to make the extra effort this time. I missed Luton because we had a weekend in London pre booked, and I missed Blackpool at my niece's 40th in Ireland. Last season was a waste of a season ticket and I couldn't face missing another game.

Barry_Chuckle

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:58 pm

:shock:
Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:48 pm
Cheers Barry, I have friends who live at Woodham.
I was hoping to go down the A19 I hate going past the Metro Centre. I should be able to cut across from the A19 by Sedgefield. I'll confirm on Monday if that's OK, and we can work out a meeting.
No worries, just let me know either way.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:33 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:53 pm
I had to make the extra effort this time. I missed Luton because we had a weekend in London pre booked, and I missed Blackpool at my niece's 40th in Ireland. Last season was a waste of a season ticket and I couldn't face missing another game.
No more excuses now you are retired. Shout extra loud for me.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:48 pm

Ashingtonclaret46 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:49 am
The Covid messing around was the final straw really. I was fed up with VAR, which I feel has interfered with the game and IFAB have adapted The Laws of the Game so that they are not the same at all levels. When I was mentoring young officials and holding meetings with them, VAR always took over, even though, at their stage of development they were never going to get anywhere near it!
Add to that, players falling over if there was a slight breeze, more and more of them trying to con officials and I just wasn't prepared to do the 300 mile round trip to have some games decided in a booth a further 200 plus miles from the Turf.

You are watching non-league at a slightly higher level than I am, however, I do occasionally get to quite a number of other grounds. Shields played at Ashington in a friendly before the season started and they looked decent, had a good chat with Kevin Phillips about his start in non-league football as a player when I saw him playing against my eldest son!
Anyway, what are the fish and chips like at Shields? Take care.
As mentioned earlier we were on a mini tour of Northumberland for four days earlier this week with Morpeth as our base. My wife is from Bedlington and so we visited some of the places significant from her younger days. Cresswell, Seahouses, South Shields and Blyth were on our itinerary along with her hometown. We had four grandchildren with us and their parents and Northumberland really is a very beautiful part of the country. Would have liked to visit Alnwick and Rothbury too but we ran out of time. Stay safe and keep posting on here.

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:32 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:53 pm
I've been to Nortumberland many times, and love the area. It's a bit like Scotland 2 miles North of Glasgow and it's a different world, 2 miles north of Newcastle is the same.

Yeah if Robson Green would pipe down the Northumberland Coast would be this country's best kept secret!

I think Clarets Fans are readying themselves for an exciting season!

Do you live in Burnley? I was born and bred there so there's no other club for me.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:42 pm

No, I was born in Colburn, still live here. I'm 4 miles from Richmond and 2 miles from the Dales, so I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
My Dad was from Haslingden, I still have lots of family there, and many happy memories of visiting my Grans. The whole family are Clarets. In Hassy and Colburn.

AmbleClaret
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by AmbleClaret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:06 pm

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:21 pm
Mind if i ask whereabouts you are. I moved up to Acklington last year after a lifetime in the Ribble Valley. Be good to meet up with a fellow Claret locally.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:13 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:42 pm
No, I was born in Colburn, still live here. I'm 4 miles from Richmond and 2 miles from the Dales, so I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
My Dad was from Haslingden, I still have lots of family there, and many happy memories of visiting my Grans. The whole family are Clarets. In Hassy and Colburn.
I was born and lived my early years in Haslingden. Outside chance I might know your dad.

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:22 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:13 pm
I was born and lived my early years in Haslingden. Outside chance I might know your dad.
64 Hillside Rd, Silky. Dad Tom, his brothers Jim and Bert + 3 others that moved away. All Clarets.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:10 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:22 pm
64 Hillside Rd, Silky. Dad Tom, his brothers Jim and Bert + 3 others that moved away. All Clarets.
Well, I knew/ know Hillside Rd. very well. Spent many happy hours and days playing on the meadows at the top of the road with friends from around there and other parts of the town. Address sounds very close to the Cain family of whom Peter was in my year. Small world.

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:00 pm

AmbleClaret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:06 pm
Mind if i ask whereabouts you are. I moved up to Acklington last year after a lifetime in the Ribble Valley. Be good to meet up with a fellow Claret locally.
OMG that's awesome! Last Year? We moved to Warkworth 2008 and bought our bungalow 2009. You live in Acklington? This is a small village. Let's narrow it down. Whereabouts in Acklington? I'm on Field House Close.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:04 pm

I am living in Northumberland, Whitley Bay and I have actually been to watch Ashington AFC a couple of times this season, Vs Northallerton and West Allotment, they look a pretty handy side and maybe too good for this division. I was very impressed with the ground and facilities at Ashington, and also did not realise that they were once a league club in the 1920's. Also all the Northern League sides I have seen so far try to play out from the back, non league football has changed a lot.

I actually find the drive down to games a pain in the arse, it took me four hours down and three back last time. Re crossing from Ripon to Skipton via Blubberhouses the road isn't great narrow, windy ( both pronunciations) , and full of holes and especially in winter it's either raining hard or foggy. Then you have to battle through Colne Nelson and Brierfield. So I am catching the train to York and picking up with a mate when I do go to home games. The rail strike put the mockers on that re the Blackpool game.

I also come from Hassy, lived on Manchester Road directly opposite the newsagents Holden's, I am pretty sure I know you Silky as I think you mentioned you went to SMC. and so did I on the Rossendale Hillbilly special as those tw*ts from Blackburn used to call us.

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:15 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:10 pm
Well, I knew/ know Hillside Rd. very well. Spent many happy hours and days playing on the meadows at the top of the road with friends from around there and other parts of the town. Address sounds very close to the Cain family of whom Peter was in my year. Small world.
Know the name Peter Cain but never met him. I used to mucka out with John and Tony Fitzpatrick, house below, and Peter Warburton, across the road, when I was down on holidays.

AmbleClaret

Post by AmbleClaret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:54 pm

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:00 pm
OMG that's awesome! Last Year? We moved to Warkworth 2008 and bought our bungalow 2009. You live in Acklington? This is a small village. Let's narrow it down. Whereabouts in Acklington? I'm on Field House Close.
I know that,we looked ata bungalow on there a while back. We're at Cavil Head on the road to Morwick dairy.

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:02 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:15 pm
Know the name Peter Cain but never met him. I used to mucka out with John and Tony Fitzpatrick, house below, and Peter Warburton, across the road, when I was down on holidays.
Yep, know the Fitzpatricks and remember their dad, Harry. Peter Cain's oldest brother, Michael, was part of a rock band in the 60's and gave themselves the name of 'Mad Green Octopus Band'. Ring any bells?

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:10 pm

ClaretLoup wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:04 pm
I am living in Northumberland, Whitley Bay and I have actually been to watch Ashington AFC a couple of times this season, Vs Northallerton and West Allotment, they look a pretty handy side and maybe too good for this division. I was very impressed with the ground and facilities at Ashington, and also did not realise that they were once a league club in the 1920's. Also all the Northern League sides I have seen so far try to play out from the back, non league football has changed a lot.

I actually find the drive down to games a pain in the arse, it took me four hours down and three back last time. Re crossing from Ripon to Skipton via Blubberhouses the road isn't great narrow, windy ( both pronunciations) , and full of holes and especially in winter it's either raining hard or foggy. Then you have to battle through Colne Nelson and Brierfield. So I am catching the train to York and picking up with a mate when I do go to home games. The rail strike put the mockers on that re the Blackpool game.

I also come from Hassy, lived on Manchester Road directly opposite the newsagents Holden's, I am pretty sure I know you Silky as I think you mentioned you went to SMC. and so did I on the Rossendale Hillbilly special as those tw*ts from Blackburn used to call us.
I didn't go to SMC in Blackburn. I went to grammar school in Salford. However, my older brother went via 'said bus' to SMC from about 1956 -63. Just after that a lot of my friends travelled the same way. People like Mick Quinlan, Steve Butler, Roland Parkinson, Kevin Morton, Mick Rushworth. Know any of them?

Tricky Trevor

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:23 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:02 pm
Yep, know the Fitzpatricks and remember their dad, Harry. Peter Cain's oldest brother, Michael, was part of a rock band in the 60's and gave themselves the name of 'Mad Green Octopus Band'. Ring any bells?
You’ve got me with that one. Sounds very psychedelic.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:51 pm

Barry_Chuckle wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:58 pm
:shock:

No worries, just let me know either way.
Hi Barrie, I've got a route 1 hour from Creswell to you.
What time do you normally leave for a night match, and where do you recommend we meet. All I need is somewhere to leave the car safely. Cheers.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:05 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:36 pm
Lovely beach at Cresswell. We were there last Tuesday on a mini tour of Northumberland.
Mrs jdrobbo and I head up there as often as we can. Our favourite beach!
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

ClaretLoup

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:11 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:10 pm
I didn't go to SMC in Blackburn. I went to grammar school in Salford. However, my older brother went via 'said bus' to SMC from about 1956 -63. Just after that a lot of my friends travelled the same way. People like Mick Quinlan, Steve Butler, Roland Parkinson, Kevin Morton, Mick Rushworth. Know any of them?
Those lads were all a bit older than me, but i remember Mick Quinlan, his dad used to manage at Hasi St Marys FC . I went 65 - 72

Ashingtonclaret46

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:14 pm

Aye, I have to admit that it is a real bind living in this beautiful county when I could have stayed in Oswaldtwistle all my life.
Walk along the banks of the Wansbeck tomorrow and in 30 minutes I shall be on Sandy Bay between Cambois and Newbiggin ---it's a hard life!
I have to thank my missus, who was born at Bothal some 75 years ago and joined the RAF in 1966 --it's been a long journey but we settled up here in 1988. I could have saved a fortune over the years if I hadn't supported the Clarets since 1952! Wouldn't change anything at all.
These 3 users liked this post: Colburn_Claret Tricky Trevor Buxtonclaret

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:34 pm

ClaretLoup wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:11 pm
Those lads were all a bit older than me, but i remember Mick Quinlan, his dad used to manage at Hasi St Marys FC . I went 65 - 72
Trying to tie some of this together. I was very good friends with Mick in the mid 60's. His dad, John, was a postman and very much involved with Has. St Mary's Football Club. Did you go to Has. St. Mary's Junior School?

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:40 pm

I've just looked at the train for Sunderland away in October.

Feel sorry for you guys if the disruptions have been this bad for a while, looks an absolute nightmare.

No wonder you want to car share.

Barry_Chuckle

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:47 pm

Hi Colburn, I usually set off between 4.30 and 4.45.
Drop me a message at rickscusm@yahoo.com and we can arrange the details.

ClaretLoup

Post by ClaretLoup » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:54 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:34 pm
Trying to tie some of this together. I was very good friends with Mick in the mid 60's. His dad, John, was a postman and very much involved with Has. St Mary's Football Club. Did you go to Has. St. Mary's Junior School?

Like all good catholic boys in Hasi I went to St Marys, John was my team manager when I moved up from the Junior team to the mens team before I went to Uni. Btw HSM are the only football team left now in Hassy when there used to be about a dozen.

Burnleystu
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Burnleystu » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:03 pm

Hey Ashington
Small world, my late parents were married at Bothal Church and both myself and brother were christened there. Spent the first years living in Pegswood and Jubilee Estate in Ashington.
Lived in Burnley for 50 years now and have had a season ticket since the 70’s
You live in a beautiful part of the world

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:22 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:10 pm
We used to play in the quarry on the other side of the old Rawtenstall Rd.
We would walk that way to Rawtenstall Museum, they had a birds egg display back then (before the ban), that I used to love visiting
Happy days

Silkyskills1

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:26 pm

ClaretLoup wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:54 pm
Like all good catholic boys in Hasi I went to St Marys, John was my team manager when I moved up from the Junior team to the mens team before I went to Uni. Btw HSM are the only football team left now in Hassy when there used to be about a dozen.
Yep, only St. Mary's left in the town now. They actually play the newly formed and recently promoted, Rossendale, on Tuesday night. St. Mary's Junior school was next to the street street where I spent my younger days. If you played for Has.St. Mary's you probably played with a number of my mates, Mick Q, John Hogan, Tony( Oscar) Gallagher, Tony White, Tom Durkin and the player who was known throughout the team as 'The General'.

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:00 am

AmbleClaret wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:54 pm
I know that,we looked ata bungalow on there a while back. We're at Cavil Head on the road to Morwick dairy.
Ha ha I think we've already met walking our dogs. I'm sure we stopped for a chat and you were telling me you had recently moved to Cavil Head. Usually if I pick up the accent I ask if you are from Lancashire because I'm nosey!! But I didn't realise you are a fellow Claret! UTC!!

AmbleClaret

Post by AmbleClaret » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:41 pm

Healeywoodclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:00 am
Ha ha I think we've already met walking our dogs. I'm sure we stopped for a chat and you were telling me you had recently moved to Cavil Head. Usually if I pick up the accent I ask if you are from Lancashire because I'm nosey!! But I didn't realise you are a fellow Claret! UTC!!
Can't quite remember that tbh, mine's a little black Maltipoo if that helps.Anyway,if you fancy a pint and a chat sometime, let me know.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:10 pm

Just been in Northumberland for a week: Alnwick, Amble, Seahouses, Holy Island, Berwick weather fantastic but burnt my knapper.

Got back to East Lanc's and it's cloudy - still my head might heal a bit..

Healeywoodclaret

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:23 pm

AmbleClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:41 pm
Can't quite remember that tbh, mine's a little black Maltipoo if that helps.Anyway,if you fancy a pint and a chat sometime, let me know.
What's the name of your dog. That's how I normally remember folk. I may have got it wrong but I don't think there's many moved in at Cavil Head? I would have had Rupert with me (my daughters chocolate and white Sprocker) only 12 months old. I'm a female by the way that's probs why you don't remember me and footie wasn't mentioned! But good to know there's another Claret in our village!

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:52 am

Just had to say a big thanks to Rick for the lift to the game, the good company, showing me a few shortcuts I didn't know, and enjoying another great night on the Turf.

Cheers
These 3 users liked this post: longsidepies Ashingtonclaret46 Tricky Trevor

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:00 am

we go to Alnmouth twice a year on holiday so any shortcuts i would be interested in!!

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:29 am

steve1264b wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:00 am
we go to Alnmouth twice a year on holiday so any shortcuts i would be interested in!!
The shortcuts were all around Colne and Burnley, avoiding the traffic.
Have a great time, I am.

Barry_Chuckle

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:26 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:52 am
Just had to say a big thanks to Rick for the lift to the game, the good company, showing me a few shortcuts I didn't know, and enjoying another great night on the Turf.

Cheers
No worries Paddy, I Hope you made good time back from mine. Until next time..... UTC.
These 2 users liked this post: Tricky Trevor Colburn_Claret