Burnley Women FC

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Burnley Women FC

Post by claret59 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:15 pm

I know this will have been asked before but as 'a claret in partial exile' I wondered if there was a connection with the Burnley Women's team and the professional Club. I saw that the women had another good win recently and guess they must be near the top of their League although I cannot find a League table to verify this. Does women's football reflect men's in terms of relegation and promotion etc. Where do the Burnley women play their home games?
Would be interesting to see some 'write up' on them. Do they get any press coverage? CT must have plenty of time on his hands to help fill this void.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Re: Burnley Women FC

Post by Bosscat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:16 pm

claret59 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:15 pm
I know this will have been asked before but as 'a claret in partial exile' I wondered if there was a connection with the Burnley Women's team and the professional Club. I saw that the women had another good win recently and guess they must be near the top of their League although I cannot find a League table to verify this. Does women's football reflect men's in terms of relegation and promotion etc. Where do the Burnley women play their home games?
Would be interesting to see some 'write up' on them. Do they get any press coverage? CT must have plenty of time on his hands to help fill this void.
They get write ups on the Club Website

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... -3-burnley

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:25 pm

claret59 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:15 pm
They are currently top of what is technically League One in the womens game. Although I think there is a North and South of that.
They play their home games at Lancashire FA HQ in Leyland...which i find quite ridiculous if the club have any intentions of building more interest. They are now under the arm of the club and I think the aim is to go professional..if not already.

claretburns
Been Liked: 848 times
Has Liked: 334 times

Post by claretburns » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:28 pm

I am sure there was an interview with Pace earlier this year after the women's team became a part of the club that he wanted to help them get to the Championship and fully professional within the next 5 years.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:45 pm

You should be able to find news about them on the BBC football website.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 364 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:11 pm

Who knows they might play back in Burnley in the not to distant future. They seem to be doing well again this season.

Not sure if you're fishing but CT has explained he has no interest in the women's team and will not be reporting on them but welcomed anyone else to.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:17 pm

Accrington ladies have started playing at Padiham now and run free buses from Accy for supporters.

Seems a far better way to build a fan base.

Commy
Been Liked: 464 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:21 pm

Top of the league after beating Wolves on Sunday.

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Cooclaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:02 pm

Loyalclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:11 pm
Who knows they might play back in Burnley in the not to distant future. They seem to be doing well again this season.

Not sure if you're fishing but CT has explained he has no interest in the women's team and will not be reporting on them but welcomed anyone else to.
Are we not one club?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:19 pm

twitter

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:32 pm

Ladies team are doing brilliantly, top of the league after a 3-1 away win vs Wolves. I’d definitely go and watch them if they played at the Turf, but Leyland is a bit of a trek.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:02 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:02 pm
Are we not one club?
Yes, I’ve not issue with CTs view though even if I do have a daughter playing, I’m sure over time we will all come round to it, might be another 10 years yet though but baby steps.

I love watching my daughter play and will watch the other girls sides if on the other pitches but it’s unlikely id watch the womens Burnley side at the minute unless my daughter asked to as we watch enough of the mens team which takes up our time.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:56 am

Which I get but if you support every aspect of the club; community, youth teams, fundraising, this message board and the men’s team, is it not unfair to then single out the women’s team as ‘not important’?

Understandable if they were a separate entity as previous, but now they’re within the same business should we not offer them the same respect and exposure?

Will it not subsequently drive more fans, and more importantly younger fans to the fan base if they have fair representation and role models?
These 4 users liked this post: Funkydrummer GodIsADeeJay81 Colburn_Claret Burnley1989

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:01 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:56 am
Which I get but if you support every aspect of the club; community, youth teams, fundraising, this message board and the men’s team, is it not unfair to then single out the women’s team as ‘not important’?

Understandable if they were a separate entity as previous, but now they’re within the same business should we not offer them the same respect and exposure?

Will it not subsequently drive more fans, and more importantly younger fans to the fan base if they have fair representation and role models?
Post of the week.👍👍
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:12 am

What was the average crowd when they played at Padiham and how many turn up now at Leyland ?

You see people expressing an interest that have probably never been and likely never will. Also how can they be given coverage on here without someone attending. I am sure there is nothing to stop someone going, learning the squad as well as the positions they play and then reporting on it after. Seems though Leyland is way to far to travel. The fact Leyland is too far tells you the real level of interest and why the games are played there.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:49 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:12 am
What was the average crowd when they played at Padiham and how many turn up now at Leyland ?

You see people expressing an interest that have probably never been and likely never will. Also how can they be given coverage on here without someone attending. I am sure there is nothing to stop someone going, learning the squad as well as the positions they play and then reporting on it after. Seems though Leyland is way to far to travel. The fact Leyland is too far tells you the real level of interest and why the games are played there.
How did you become a fan of BFC? Was it because a father, brother, uncle took you to watch a game when you were a child? Did that experience shape your life to such a degree that you signed a lifelong membership to that experience?

Did you repeat that cycle with your children? My daughter loves watching women’s football, it makes her light up, the same way my sons enjoy watching the men’s team.

Fair representation doesn’t mean someone has to go and ‘learn’ the positions, etc. it means that the board gives the same opportunity to have match reports, rumours, celebrations as topics on the board. There might well be someone out there now who does go and would want to provide that service, let’s see if there is by being open and welcoming to the idea.

I personally think the women’s team should play at the Turf.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:08 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:49 am
How did you become a fan of BFC? Was it because a father, brother, uncle took you to watch a game when you were a child? Did that experience shape your life to such a degree that you signed a lifelong membership to that experience?

Did you repeat that cycle with your children?

Fair representation doesn’t mean someone has to go and ‘learn’ the positions, etc. it means that the board gives the same opportunity to have match reports, rumours, celebrations as topics on the board. There might well be someone out there now who does go and would want to provide that service, let’s see if there is by being open and welcoming to the idea.

Ahh right you think someone else should do what you want yet you wouldn't be prepared to do it yourself ? As this thread shows there is nothing at all to stop you or anyone else discussing the women's team, the results, the games or anything else connected to them but I fail to see why anyone on here should expect someone else to provide the things they want, that is the job of the clubs official website.

I became a fan of club due to my dad taking me yes, same as I did with my 2 lads. Had it been something I was interested in my Dad would have took me to Leyland, again as I would have done with my lads. People will travel to all over the country watching the mens team but not to Padiham or Leyland for the womens. I don't think any of that is because someone doesn't take an interest on here, which anyone is available to do.
This user liked this post: Quickenthetempo

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:25 am

Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:08 am
Ahh right you think someone else should do what you want yet you wouldn't be prepared to do it yourself ? As this thread shows there is nothing at all to stop you or anyone else discussing the women's team, the results, the games or anything else connected to them but I fail to see why anyone on here should expect someone else to provide the things they want, that is the job of the clubs official website.

I became a fan of club due to my dad taking me yes, same as I did with my 2 lads. Had it been something I was interested in my Dad would have took me to Leyland, again as I would have done with my lads. People will travel to all over the country watching the mens team but not to Padiham or Leyland for the womens. I don't think any of that is because someone doesn't take an interest on here, which anyone is available to do.
That’s a very lazy argument coast. That’s not the case at all, have you seen the reactions to discussing the women’s team in this forum? It can at best be divisive, at worst there are individuals who are in my opinion bordering on offensive and misogynistic.

I’m not expecting others to do something that they don’t have a passion for. Just the hope that there is a receptive and warm welcome should someone want to take on that role. Perhaps we should be seeking someone to undertake that role?

Of course people travel to watch sport, we took our daughter to Rotherham to watch the lionesses, and she and her friends were hooked from then.

Then think of the majesty of going to Turf Moor for the first time, the collective belonging, and the ritual of it. Was it the same as going to Rotherham away?

Why should ladies fans have to travel, spend more, just to do the same thing you take for granted every other week?

Play the women’s games before the men’s where possible, a ticket gets you in for both, then you’ll see if there’s interest.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:38 am

Leyland?
it's the same for the Under 21s.
This user liked this post: Cooclaret

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:13 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:38 am
Leyland?
it's the same for the Under 21s.
That's crap as well.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:55 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:25 am
That’s a very lazy argument coast. That’s not the case at all, have you seen the reactions to discussing the women’s team in this forum? It can at best be divisive, at worst there are individuals who are in my opinion bordering on offensive and misogynistic.

I’m not expecting others to do something that they don’t have a passion for. Just the hope that there is a receptive and warm welcome should someone want to take on that role. Perhaps we should be seeking someone to undertake that role?

Of course people travel to watch sport, we took our daughter to Rotherham to watch the lionesses, and she and her friends were hooked from then.

Then think of the majesty of going to Turf Moor for the first time, the collective belonging, and the ritual of it. Was it the same as going to Rotherham away?

Why should ladies fans have to travel, spend more, just to do the same thing you take for granted every other week?

Play the women’s games before the men’s where possible, a ticket gets you in for both, then you’ll see if there’s interest.

I am sure if someone wanted to go to the games and do a report on it, then it would be fine to do so. You can't really expect a game to take place on the 1st teams pitch before they play, there is a reason that doesn't happen for any club in the country. An offer of free admission to home games with a season ticket may be an option.

Should the under15s, 18s and 21s also place on the Turf as well ?

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:00 am

23.5 miles from Turf Moor to Leyland according to google maps... less than 30 minutes drive...

for comparison, my nearest football league ground is Stadium MK and that is 15 miles from me and also just under 30 minutes drive...

If you want to go, there's not much stopping you if you have a car

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:10 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:25 am

I’m not really sure what your getting at here.

What exactly do you want? It reads like you want the Mods to start reporting on womens team.

Andingle
Been Liked: 273 times
Has Liked: 349 times

Post by Andingle » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:11 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:17 pm
Accrington ladies have started playing at Padiham now and run free buses from Accy for supporters.

Seems a far better way to build a fan base.
Agree , if BFC want to support the Women's team they could put on Coach transport to Leyland , maybe taking local schools with free transport to support the team.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:23 am

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:55 am
I am sure if someone wanted to go to the games and do a report on it, then it would be fine to do so. You can't really expect a game to take place on the 1st teams pitch before they play, there is a reason that doesn't happen for any club in the country. An offer of free admission to home games with a season ticket may be an option.

Should the under15s, 18s and 21s also place on the Turf as well ?
Why? What are the reasons?

No they shouldn’t unless it’s a significant fixture. The fact you’re equating those teams to the women’s 1st team is the crux of the discussion.

The whole club activities should be geared around supplying, facilitating and celebrating the men’s and women’s 1st teams success.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:25 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:10 am
I’m not really sure what your getting at here.

What exactly do you want? It reads like you want the Mods to start reporting on womens team.
Not at all if it’s not their passion. I’m suggesting the board opens itself up and actively seeks an individual who would like to have a platform to share the activities and achievements of the women’s section with a particular focus on the women’s 1st team.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:27 am

Zlatan wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:00 am
23.5 miles from Turf Moor to Leyland according to google maps... less than 30 minutes drive...

for comparison, my nearest football league ground is Stadium MK and that is 15 miles from me and also just under 30 minutes drive...

If you want to go, there's not much stopping you if you have a car
Why should they be sited at a completely different base for games to the men’s team? Don’t they share the training facilities?

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:28 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:56 am

Fair points mate

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:32 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:23 am
Why? What are the reasons?

No they shouldn’t unless it’s a significant fixture. The fact you’re equating those teams to the women’s 1st team is the crux of the discussion.

The whole club activities should be geared around supplying, facilitating and celebrating the men’s and women’s 1st teams success.
Are you really asking why there isn't a game on the 1st pitch a couple of hours before they play ?

Reading your questions you seem more passionate about the womens teams than anyone else, have you considered going to watch them and then doing a match report.

bpgburn
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by bpgburn » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:36 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:25 am
Not at all if it’s not their passion. I’m suggesting the board opens itself up and actively seeks an individual who would like to have a platform to share the activities and achievements of the women’s section with a particular focus on the women’s 1st team.
Well volunteered....

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:49 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:27 am
Why should they be sited at a completely different base for games to the men’s team? Don’t they share the training facilities?
At the moment the fan base is tiny and wouldn’t justify the expense of using Turf Moor, much more sensible to play at a lower capacity stadium until it’s required to provide more capacity - when that happens I’m sure the club will consider the needs

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:53 am

Would it be classed as ground sharing?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:53 am

Zlatan wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:49 am
At the moment the fan base is tiny and wouldn’t justify the expense of using Turf Moor, much more sensible to play at a lower capacity stadium until it’s required to provide more capacity - when that happens I’m sure the club will consider the needs
Yes it's tiny, but it isn't being helped by forcing people to travel out of their way for a "home" game.
These 2 users liked this post: Cooclaret Zlatan

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:53 am
Yes it's tiny, but it isn't being helped by forcing people to travel out of their way for a "home" game.
That’s a very good point.

However, is there enough of a following to justify it being at a potentially more expensive closer to home venue?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:15 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm

However, is there enough of a following to justify it being at a potentially more expensive closer to home venue?
Speculate to accumulate and all that.

They're out of sight and out of mind being way out there.

At most it's going to need one stand opening for the womens games.

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:16 pm

The Padiham FC ground would be perfect, I presume they have been asked in the past and rejected the idea?
This user liked this post: Stalbansclaret

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:22 pm

Mala591 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:16 pm
The Padiham FC ground would be perfect, I presume they have been asked in the past and rejected the idea?
I have no idea but I assume the ground needs to meet certain standards for them to be able to use the ground?

Commy
Been Liked: 464 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:33 pm

They played at Padiham. I think theyoved at the beginning of this season. Accrington play there now and are putting buses on.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:46 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm

Do we have to justify expense? It’s a clear development thread for the club, endorsed by the Chairman. It’s reasonable to treat it as an investment into future revenue.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:46 pm

Mala591 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:16 pm
They played at Padiham the other season then had a temporary stay at Stanley before moving to Leyland.

Tbh the condition of Padihams pitch isn’t (or at least wasn’t last year) the best to play on

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:47 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:15 pm
Speculate to accumulate and all that.

They're out of sight and out of mind being way out there.

At most it's going to need one stand opening for the womens games.
Sorry replied without seeing this. Absolutely agree.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 pm

bpgburn wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:36 am
Well volunteered....
This is just the crux of the issue, flippant.

bpgburn
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by bpgburn » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:37 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 pm
Nowt flippant about it.

You said "I’m suggesting the board opens itself up and actively seeks an individual who would like to have a platform to share the activities and achievements of the women’s section with a particular focus on the women’s 1st team."

Is that individual you are describing not you? Why not put yourself forward?

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:12 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 pm
Flippant but correct. This site isn't commercial, it's run by volunteers and focuses on what they're interested in (which appears to be the BFC men's team). I'm assuming they won't turn down content on the women's team (threads come up on the board and don't get deleted) but they don't have any responsibility to cover it or put effort into finding someone to cover it.

If you want to lead it then go ahead. Get in touch with Tony, write some articles (or find some people to write articles) and get it going. If the site refuses the articles then that is a different matter but no-one has suggested that is the case.

claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by claret59 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:32 pm

Thank you for the information and update. The women's game has come on immeasurably and some of the 'big matches' are shown on TV. It is something that will continue to grow and deserves a wider coverage at local level. When you see the faces on those young fans (boys as well as girls) who went to the Euro final it is evident that there is a vast opportunity out there especially in this area of one Claret Club/ one family.
These 2 users liked this post: Cooclaret DAVETHEVICAR

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:26 pm

0-1 down after 20 minutes vs Forest

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:24 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:49 am

Did you repeat that cycle with your children? My daughter loves watching women’s football, it makes her light up, the same way my sons enjoy watching the men’s team.

Do your sons not enjoy the women’s football and does your daughter not enjoy then mens?

The last time this debate was had on here, I’m sure that the conclusion was that if someone was willing to commit to providing regular content, it could be posted on here. Based on the content available on this site, I’d suggest it’s a big commitment to make and certainly too much to ask of someone already producing it for the men’s team.

For me, I’m not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that I have no interest in the women’s game. I certainly wish England and indeed Burnley well but I don’t watch it nor do I want to.

If anything, I’d rather there was less football, never mind adding women’s football into the mix.

Cooclaret

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:44 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:24 pm
Do your sons not enjoy the women’s football and does your daughter not enjoy then mens?

The last time this debate was had on here, I’m sure that the conclusion was that if someone was willing to commit to providing regular content, it could be posted on here. Based on the content available on this site, I’d suggest it’s a big commitment to make and certainly too much to ask of someone already producing it for the men’s team.

For me, I’m not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that I have no interest in the women’s game. I certainly wish England and indeed Burnley well but I don’t watch it nor do I want to.

If anything, I’d rather there was less football, never mind adding women’s football into the mix.
I’m not questioning the boards mods about allowing content, they’ve been open and accepting. I think as a collective and board we should be advertising and seeking out someone to take the at role and provide the service that Tony does for the women’s team.

Two fold, I believe the women’s team deserves to be fairly represented and we as fans of BFC should be celebrating their success and commiserating with their setbacks. They’re as apart of the club as the u18’s etc or men’s 1st team are. Imo, you can’t support one without the other.

I also think that the board is at risk of burning out in the coming years. I don’t have the ‘facts’ but I think it’s safe to assume the majority of members are of an older generation and that means the content and discussions are framed within that mindset. There is also a close knit collective of posters at the centre of the board that have similar views and beliefs. That’s led to conflict if come one disagrees, granted opposition views aren’t always put over well and clearly.

For me, watching the women vs the US on Friday was miles more exciting and engaging than watching the turgid men’s internationals.
This user liked this post: DCWat

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:47 pm

Drew 1-1 today after going behind to Nottingham Forest

Remain undefeated in first 7 games and top of the league
These 4 users liked this post: Leisure Duffer_ NewClaret Cooclaret

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times