England v Wales

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: England v Wales

Post by RVclaret » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:21 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:16 pm
I’m not talking about the one in the second half. My opinion was stated at half time. It was about the rashford chance in the first half. He is our striker. We have players to thread the passes through we would be far better served if he stayed higher up the pitch.
Even then, you’re not understanding how space can be and is created. You must have been watching us this season and seen how Jay often drops deep? The reason for it is to try and drag one or more defender out of shape, which can be quickly exploited by willing runners (Tella for us) like Rashford yesterday. There is no chance there without Kane dropping deep as Wales were defending so deep.

Thing is this is not new, he’s been doing it for most of his career? Look at his goal / assist stats for Spurs (pic below). He’s an outstanding playmaking forward when he’s on it.
Attachments
B733A893-3780-4EDE-874F-CFDDDA58D8FD.jpeg
B733A893-3780-4EDE-874F-CFDDDA58D8FD.jpeg (100.29 KiB) Viewed 213 times

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5564 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:24 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:21 pm
Even then, you’re not understanding how space can be and is created. You must have been watching us this season and seen how Jay often drops deep? The reason for it is to try and drag one or more defender out of shape, which can be quickly exploited by willing runners (Tella for us) like Rashford yesterday. There is no chance there without Kane dropping deep as Wales were defending so deep. Thing is this is not new, he’s been doing it for most of his career? Look at his goal / assist stats for Spurs:
I think Gandhi would have enjoyed watching our under 7's last Sunday. We put one lad, who doesn't really understand the game up front and bless him, he spent the full ten minutes stood on the penalty spot. Where a proper centre forward should be!
This user liked this post: RVclaret

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:34 pm

I really don’t understand why people criticise Kane for dropping in. That’s fundamentally his role for both Spurs and England. It’s akin to criticising Maatsen for attacking down the left.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:40 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:55 pm
I suspect Crosspool meant Wilson lacks end product at international level. But I suspect you knew that.

Using Championship stats to argue players are good at international level is pretty weak for an "expert" like you.
he was talking about these players wouldnt get into Burnley's team, why wouldn't he mean club form?

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:47 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:21 pm
Even then, you’re not understanding how space can be and is created. You must have been watching us this season and seen how Jay often drops deep? The reason for it is to try and drag one or more defender out of shape, which can be quickly exploited by willing runners (Tella for us) like Rashford yesterday. There is no chance there without Kane dropping deep as Wales were defending so deep.

Thing is this is not new, he’s been doing it for most of his career? Look at his goal / assist stats for Spurs (pic below). He’s an outstanding playmaking forward when he’s on it.
He has been doing it most of his career. He is often far too deep for England far too often. I’m not saying he should never do it, but he just does it too much for my liking. For me, I’d love to see more of his goals like the one in the euros against Germany for example. It’s about opinions. At present, I think we would be a better side without him in it although I appreciate it won’t be a popular view of course.