ClaretsTV Subscriptions - charging when no games

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

ClaretsTV Subscriptions - charging when no games

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:11 pm

I've signed up for monthly audio £4.50. I've also signed up for the one-off video when these games have been available in UK - and are not on Sky etc. When I've subscribed the service emails confirmation of the subscription. All that has worked fine.

We all know that BFC's last game was the 3-0 victory over Blackburn Rovers on Sunday 13th November. I watched that game on Sky.

We all know that BFC's next game is away at QPR on Sunday 11th November. I've got a ticket and will be at this game.

The game after is Middlesbrough on 17th December and then ManU in League Cup.

I was puzzled on 23rd November to receive a "no reply" email from ClaretsTV "Thank you for your payment - LIVE AUDIO Monthly Pass - UK 5 Sep 2022 to 5 Oct 2022." Then a couple of hours later: "Thank you... 17-Oct to 16-Nov." Then an hour later a 3rd "Thank you... 21-Nov to 21-Dec."

I started to wonder what was going on. 24th November there were two further emails: "Thank you...5-Oct to 4-Nov" and "Thank you...16-Nov to 16-Dec." On 25th November I received another "Thank you...4-Nov to 4-Dec."

Today I've checked by credit card statement. Yes, all 6 of the above charges, £4.50 a time (£27.00 total) have been charged to my credit card.

Anyone else had this experience? I've looked at my Clarets+ account today. I've got 3 active subscriptions still running for overlapping periods through December. Only the last of these covers the period when we play Middlesbrough and ManU.

Anyone know who I should contact to sort this out? I imagine this is all done by a billing service rather than the club itself.

Thanks.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Re: ClaretsTV Subscriptions - charging when no games

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:28 pm

Yes, they have taken 3 payments. Looking at my subscriptions it appears that they didn't charge anything for 2 months so it's right in my case.
Bit of a waste this month.

claret wizard
Been Liked: 261 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Post by claret wizard » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:44 pm

They hadn’t charged me for Oct, then took Oct Nov and Dec in quick succession. All correct for me.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:08 pm

I've found an email address somewhere deep in the T&Cs.

I've also worked out what is going on. I've had a combination of monthly audio passes, live video passes for one-off games when available, and watched other games on Sky. I had my first audio subscription at the beginning of August. Then I took out a new audio subscription in mid-Sept - the first monthly subscription hadn't renewed. Then I took out another new subscription in October - again, the first and second monthly subscriptions hadn't automatically renewed.

I've read the T&Cs: one part says that your subscription is just for the period you have subscribed for. Another part talks about automatic renewals and need to cancel. It also speaks of automatic billing after any free period has ended.

It looks like the 3rd party service has initiated the monthly automatic renewal process in November and has been catching up with those that they didn't automatically renew. Maybe I've confused their system by subscribing to Live TV when it's available, even though it overlaps with the Live Audio subscription.

Maybe I wouldn't have noticed except for the 4 weeks shut down for the World Cup, plus watching on Sky for Rovers game and then getting tickets to QPR for the next one. No need for Live Audio for about 6 weeks.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:09 pm

claret wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:44 pm
They hadn’t charged me for Oct, then took Oct Nov and Dec in quick succession. All correct for me.
You OK with this even though no games for 4 weeks - except for World Cup?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:59 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:09 pm
You OK with this even though no games for 4 weeks - except for World Cup?
I think they put on features as part of the package, though not sure what.
One thing that I'm disappointed with is the lack of video or audio coverage of the U23s, which seems to have stopped.
All we get now is that Twitter rubbish.

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:28 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:08 pm
I've found an email address somewhere deep in the T&Cs.
Heard nothing from email address in T&Cs.

Spoke with Ticket Office today (called re Bournemouth tickets). They directed me to burnleytv@streamamg.com

After a couple of hours and an exchange of emails all the duplicate payments have been refunded to my credit card.

Great job, Ryan. Thanks.

I'll sign up for Video Live again on Saturday - unless I can get it via my NOW TV and Fire Stick.

UTC