Railway workers' pay offer

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Re: Railway workers' pay offer

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:17 pm

lakedistrictclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:59 pm
Thanks CD. I had a reoccurence of my 2009 cancer but a brutal combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy zapped it.

I have an annual endoscopy now. No problems so far!
Champion, have a fantastic Christmas and here is to more points on the board, especially against Boro, my first time back on the Turf in a long time!! Stay safe!
This user liked this post: basil6345789

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:55 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:14 am
Yes they do. 45% of train fairs are regulated by the govt controlling and capping how much rail company's can raise fairs each year. The govt link it to inflation and the RPI and one of the issues the workers are highlighting is that the govt have continued to allow fairs to increase in line with inflation whilst wages have stagnated with the net result being that the extra money the public pay for rail fairs goes into profits for the shareholders and not the workers pocket
Agree with all of that, but to be clear, shareholders include your pension funds not just cigar smoking fat cats back pocket. That's no mitigation, but needs to be understood when pensions don't perform as you'd hope..

jjclaret
Been Liked: 117 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by jjclaret » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:55 pm

Re Nurses
On top of, in my opinion, being grossly underpaid for what they do, they have to pay an annual registration fee of £120.00 to the NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council) for the privilege of working!
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill Claret Till I Die