ClaretsforFoodbanks Collection

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
BFC Supps Groups
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 1 time

ClaretsforFoodbanks Collection

Post by BFC Supps Groups » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:06 pm

The final ClaretsforFoodbanks collection of the year will take place on 17th December ahead of the game against Middlesbrough. Our volunteers are from North Manchester Clarets. As the situation gets worse, more help is needed so if you can help just before Christmas it would really be a huge help. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to accept monetary payments. We have asked but as yet no positive response on that.

Today's news - we have been able to make a donation of £365 (representing £1 per day for the year). We've been able to do that because of the generosity of the following supporters clubs.

Accrington Clarets
Boundary Clarets
Central Lancs Clarets
North Manchester Clarets
West Yorkshire Clarets

Our thanks to all of those five groups and everyone who supports them.

Thanks also to every single one of you who have supported our collections this year and also those who have supported the fundraising on this site which has also been able to make a big contribution.
These 4 users liked this post: Claret Till I Die Bosscat ClaretTricks tiger76

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Re: ClaretsforFoodbanks Collection

Post by jdrobbo » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Really proud of this. Well done to my gang at West Yorkshire Clarets, and to all other supporters groups who have made a contribution to the final BFCSG total: a very appropriate figure.
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat tiger76

ClaretTricks
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by ClaretTricks » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:42 pm

I have done the collection on behalf of Central clarets a few times, one of the most rewarding things you can do,

Have donated ever since. Well done to everyone collecting and a massive thank you for those who kindly donate.

Kingsleyclaret
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Kingsleyclaret » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:35 am

I sent a message to the admin email address about the Foodbank process but I'm not sure who is best to try to connect with - I'm talking to a football club in Oz about a partnership with FoodBank. Be good to pick someone's brains and maybe talk about some PR.