Good luck Sean Dyche

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Re: Good luck Sean Dyche

Post by leelad » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:06 pm

Good luck SD (apart from when they play us next season 😉).
A safe pair of hands for them, that team needs a wake up call, hope he is given the time needed to change the culture of the club. But we move on, I'll be a keen observer of how this one goes.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:19 pm

leelad wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:06 pm
Good luck SD (apart from when they play us next season 😉).
A safe pair of hands for them, that team needs a wake up call, hope he is given the time needed to change the culture of the club. But we move on, I'll be a keen observer of how this one goes.
It will be interesting to see from his management of Everton, how much of what he did with us was unique to Burnley FC.
I will be looking to spot to things we recognise that he implemented here also, I'm sure there will be things.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 pm

It will be interesting to see if he can increase the goals tally at a club where currently only Wolves have scored fewer goals than Everton. During his last 2 seasons at Burnley we were in the bottom 3 lowest scoring teams. He will have been promised money to spend before this window closes so it will be interesting to see where he decides needs strengthening. If he cannot get Everton scoring more goals it will be very difficult for them to stay in the PL.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:44 pm

Great that Mr D has taken on the mammoth task at Everton. Good to see him back in the Prem.

Can'thelp thinking that their owner will install Bielsa, in the Summer and pay off Mr D. I hope that Mr D demonstrates his worth and secures better, future jobs, as a consequence. .

alboclaret
Been Liked: 142 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by alboclaret » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:45 pm

Not read the thread.
This is a weird one for me.
Although I was well ready for a change by the time dyche was potted, and the fact I had a slight dislike in personality :o,
I still love the guy for what he did here.

But like alot of people I have a developed a dislike for Everton in the last few seasons. I would generally wish him well had he gone to forest or Leicester or Westham or wolves.

I'd love them to go down. I still hold that feeling. Sorry shaun.
Will be interesting and I'll watch keenly whilst we continue on to promotion. Utc

Exsus
Been Liked: 9 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Exsus » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:56 pm

davideyresleftear wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:11 pm
A thread about Sean Dyche?

But but but I don’t care about Sean Dyche!

*clicks on thread about Sean Dyche
* Reads every page
*decides how to phrase reply about how much I don’t care about him
* type reply
* Spellcheck my reply
* post it
* eagerly check thread to see if anyone commented on how much I don’t care about Sean Dyche
What's your take on the topic Dave ?

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:09 pm

Looks like he has been offered a two and a half years contract

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:15 pm

A 2 and a half month’s contract is about right for Neverton

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:28 pm

Rumours are his first two signings will be Coventry's Gyökeres and very own Taylor, hard start for him his first game will be Arsenal at home, those Everton fan's will want him out after one game 😂

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:44 pm

Be hilarious to see SYawn march the scousers down to the championship next season.
This user liked this post: HiThere

Cornwallclaret
Been Liked: 101 times
Has Liked: 236 times

Post by Cornwallclaret » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:51 pm

davideyresleftear wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:11 pm
A thread about Sean Dyche?

But but but I don’t care about Sean Dyche!

*clicks on thread about Sean Dyche
* Reads every page
*decides how to phrase reply about how much I don’t care about him
* type reply
* Spellcheck my reply
* post it
* eagerly check thread to see if anyone commented on how much I don’t care about Sean Dyche
Apparently Everton have got a new manager in , never heard of the bloke though I did hear he used to be called the ginger mourino 😛

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:31 pm

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 324 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:36 pm

Hope Dyche does really well with Everton and I'm sure he will get them into shape very quickly.

Good luck Sean. :geek:
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 313 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:49 pm

Their already complaining about him on “grand old team “😂😂😂😂

davideyresleftear
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by davideyresleftear » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:21 am

Exsus wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:56 pm
What's your take on the topic Dave ?
Thanks for asking! I really dislike Everton, but I’ve always wanted to see what Sean will do with a nice transfer budget, and I will always want to see him do well after what he did for us. So I’ll be in the awkward position of wanting Everton to start picking up results under Sean. What’s yours?

ceborame
Been Liked: 88 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by ceborame » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:59 am

I think that SD could be a decent short term appointment for them, I can see him tightening them up defensively and making them hard to beat, that was definitely his strong hand for us, and he might just be able to keep them up.

But long term I don't see it working, the Everton fans want them to be a top 6 club, and some of SD's transfers in were questionable, he's gonna get it wrong as much as he get's it right, signing English has-beens isn't going to fire them up the PL.

He's the man for a fight when you're in trouble, but the flair and modern tactics just aren't there for long term success.

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by bumba » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:14 am

A lot of Burnley fans forget that after Dyches first season I'd say a majority wanted him gone that summer, the football was terrible and fans didn't take to his style it was a good start the following season that got the fans off his back and the rest is history.
The cliché that Dyche can do what big Sam does and save teams within months is just a myth right now, he might need the summer to get his ideas across if they go down and need to rebuild he could work out great for them long term but will he get that time?
The fans on radio stations are not happy at all with his style of football they expect a big name I really don't think they understand how unattractive the Everton job is right now.
I hope they go down I really do.
I can't imagine McNeil and Tarky to be best pleased either with the appointment.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 am

Sean won't have a"nice transfer budget" Evertons owner have said they have to tighten up spending to comply with Financial regulation. Funny, it never bothered them before.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6419 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:22 am

Quick question - has he actually been appointed as Everton manager yet? I thought it was all meant to be signed and sealed by close of play on Thursday… it’s now Sunday morning and he’s still not confirmed.

The funniest thing would be for him to decline now I think, or perhaps closer to the transfer window slamming shut after they sell Gordon

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:27 am

Rick_Muller wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:22 am
Quick question - has he actually been appointed as Everton manager yet? I thought it was all meant to be signed and sealed by close of play on Thursday… it’s now Sunday morning and he’s still not confirmed.

The funniest thing would be for him to decline now I think, or perhaps closer to the transfer window slamming shut after they sell Gordon
I too have been pondering if it is actually done, or are there issues. Especially if rumours that he's still on our payroll may have complicating factors......

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1607 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:31 am

I think he's signed a contract and is currently working on players to bring in. I can see one of our targets being unveiled there before Tuesday night too

Gaia
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Gaia » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:28 am

Fabrizio Romano has put this on twitter today.

Everton have all contracts signed with Sean Dyche set to be unveiled as new head coach, confirmed - it will be official soon. 🔵✍🏻 #EFC

Dyche will become new Toffees manager on a two year and half contract, as expected.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Gaia
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Gaia » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:29 am

Dyche was at Finch Farm yesterday.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:44 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 am
Sean won't have a"nice transfer budget" Evertons owner have said they have to tighten up spending to comply with Financial regulation. Funny, it never bothered them before.
He'll still have access to the loan market I read in the paper just no permanent deals, I think he'll boot some backsides & get more out of them & that should be enough to scrape by, that's all the job remit will be about this season avoid relegation at all costs.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:46 am

ceborame wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:59 am
I think that SD could be a decent short term appointment for them, I can see him tightening them up defensively and making them hard to beat, that was definitely his strong hand for us, and he might just be able to keep them up.

But long term I don't see it working, the Everton fans want them to be a top 6 club, and some of SD's transfers in were questionable, he's gonna get it wrong as much as he get's it right, signing English has-beens isn't going to fire them up the PL.

He's the man for a fight when you're in trouble, but the flair and modern tactics just aren't there for long term success.
I agree with this tbh. Short term I wouldn't be surprised if he got got them organised and ground out some results.
Longer term is where the problems start, the Everton fans won't put up with that style of football for long, and I don't think players really want to do it these days, especially at the top level.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:13 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:46 am
I agree with this tbh. Short term I wouldn't be surprised if he got got them organised and ground out some results.
Longer term is where the problems start, the Everton fans won't put up with that style of football for long, and I don't think players really want to do it these days, especially at the top level.
Agree past next season the problems will start & people will turn again & hound him out, he's got 2 & half years I'd be very surprised if he sees that out, if he keeps them up he'll firmly establish himself as a manager who's sole purpose is to help struggling teams stave off relegation & that's all he ever be & he'll always be in & out of jobs doing exactly that.

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by bumba » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:32 am

Does this mean our payments to Dyche stop as he is now in employment?

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:33 am

Rick_Muller wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:22 am

Everton are still working on the reveal video.
Apparently it's going to be a scene from Ice Station Zebra where he walks through a blizzard and enters Goodison Park n just his shirt sleeves.
These 7 users liked this post: Bosscat Rick_Muller evensteadiereddie jrgbfc Anonymous IanMcL CnBtruntru

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:36 pm

I think just as Pope has shown to the world, what we the fans already knew, Sean can show the world what a good manager he is.
It would be a mistake to try and make Everton a Burnley II, and I don't think he would even consider it, but there are many aspects about our squad/team ethos, that I'm sure he'll incorporate.
I was really hoping Everton would go down, but I wish Sean nothing but the best.
This user liked this post: IanMcL

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:42 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:36 pm
I think just as Pope has shown to the world, what we the fans already knew, Sean can show the world what a good manager he is.
It would be a mistake to try and make Everton a Burnley II, and I don't think he would even consider it, but there are many aspects about our squad/team ethos, that I'm sure he'll incorporate.
I was really hoping Everton would go down, but I wish Sean nothing but the best.
I seriously think in the crazy world of football it's possible SD could end up back here if kompany struggles next season & everton turn on dyche. It could go full circle & he knows the club inside & out.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:51 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:42 pm
I seriously think in the crazy world of football it's possible SD could end up back here if kompany struggles next season & everton turn on dyche. It could go full circle & he knows the club inside & out.
I don't think so.
I'm not in the know, but I think Sean and Alan Pace have different visions of our club, and the way forward.
Nothing will ever hide the amount we, and Alan Pace owe him, for re invigorating this quiet backwater of East Lancs. If it hadn't been for SD, Pace wouldn't have been interested in the first place.
We've moved on, and even if Kompany struggled next season, and I don't believe he will, there are other people out there who could take the ball VK handed them and carry it. SD would probably want to drop it and start again.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie fatboy47

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 700 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:58 pm

Well he certainly got the best out of E Howe's signings, something that Eddie couldnt at the time. Didnt we go up having lost one of our prize assets in Austin and then McCann, Patterson and Lee Grant refused new contracts, so we signed three free transfers in the "rejects" of Arfield, Heaton and Jones plus Kightly from Stoke on loan.
Will be very interested if he plays Keane and Tarks as CB and see if he can tighten their defence like he did with us. He has 18 games against some really tough opposition to save the Everton and his boat.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:52 pm

Claret53 wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:32 am
OK. So he's no longer manager of Burnley. But he is a hugely important - and positive - part of our history. Having watched the Clarets since 1960 and having endured years of lack of success, what he did for the club was fantastic and sarcastic put downs are really inappropriate.
All decent clarets fans should wish him the best in any new job - except when he is up against the mighty Clarets.
I’d like to wish him well but I can’t. Everton on the evidence of the last last few years are overdue a relegation and him being there doesn’t change my opinion…sadly.

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:22 am

Can history repeat itself?
I think the last Burnley manager to go to Everton was Cliff Britton and the Toffees went down with him in charge although he got them straight back up

mdd2

Post by mdd2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:37 am

mdd2 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:22 am
Can history repeat itself?
I think the last Burnley manager to go to Everton was Cliff Britton and the Toffees went down with him in charge although he got them straight back up
Just looked up Everton-they were in Division Two three seasons when they were relegated in 1951 not just the one, relegated for the first time in 1930 for one season. An amazing history of top flight football. But it was an ex Burnley manager who took them down in 1951 and it was Harry Potts first season with them.
Oh dear if history repeats itself then Tarks and McNeil could, in part, reprise Harry's history at Everton

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:53 am

mdd2 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:37 am
Just looked up Everton-they were in Division Two three seasons when they were relegated in 1951 not just the one, relegated for the first time in 1930 for one season. An amazing history of top flight football. But it was an ex Burnley manager who took them down in 1951 and it was Harry Potts first season with them.
Oh dear if history repeats itself then Tarks and McNeil could, in part, reprise Harry's history at Everton
Let’s hope history does indeed repeat itself.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:07 am

Lord Beamish wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:38 am
Deserves his chance at a Big Club. I wish him all the best.
So when will he get his chance at a big club do you think? 😂
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller