Musings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Re: Musings

Post by No Ney Never » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:36 pm

dsr wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:48 am
It's an expensive way of being progressive. I bought a second hand Corsa about the same time for £4k and still have it. Though when I think of all those seconds I could have saved at traffic lights ... ;)
Not all that expensive actually, twice the government have contributed £4,500, I get a fantastic friends and family discount via an employee at Nissan Sunderland and the 2nd hand values have held remarkably well.
Add that it's cost me nothing to run due to free charging at work, no road tax, no mot, etc.
I reckon it's cost me about the same, probably a bit less, to drive about in a brand new car with all the latest technology as the 4k you paid for a 2nd hand Corsa and what you will have spent in fuel, servicing, mot, road tax, etc.

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Re: Musings

Post by dsr » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:23 pm

No Ney Never wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:36 pm
Not all that expensive actually, twice the government have contributed £4,500, I get a fantastic friends and family discount via an employee at Nissan Sunderland and the 2nd hand values have held remarkably well.
Add that it's cost me nothing to run due to free charging at work, no road tax, no mot, etc.
I reckon it's cost me about the same, probably a bit less, to drive about in a brand new car with all the latest technology as the 4k you paid for a 2nd hand Corsa and what you will have spent in fuel, servicing, mot, road tax, etc.
You mean as well as paying for my own car, I've been paying for yours :o ;)