ARTICLE: Sean Dyche is the new Everton manager

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Re: ARTICLE: Sean Dyche is the new Everton manager

Post by Spijed » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:32 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:15 am
His job will be to make them more difficult to beat, starting with the sorting out of Cody, Tarks and, possibly, Keane.
They'll be a well-drilled outfit and, given a more solid defensive base, should be a little more creative.
His opening games couldn't be much worse but, tbh, its not as if they're miles behind the rest.
It will indeed be interesting.
Indeed. Just three points separate seven teams at the bottom with eighteen matches to play.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:42 am

clarethomer wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:42 am
I saw one reported failed transfer attempt on twitter yesterday for Everton where it has said something like the player wanted a more stable project or something.

The board are prepared to pay money for players - the fans have just made it difficult to sign players even with money.

It's interesting that people will see SD as the issue here, there is nothing to suggest this. If he can get the fans behind the team by winning games then Summer may be the time to then see the influence SD has on transfers but not before then.
Nonsense really their board have spun to keep the purse strings reined in blaming the fans so they don't have to spend money & satisfying FFP, the fans of everton aren't angels by any stretch but that wouldn't be crucial in deciding whether to move to everton or not.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:44 am

Fn0SegQXoAE5kOL.jpeg
Fn0SegQXoAE5kOL.jpeg (70.69 KiB) Viewed 3006 times
These 2 users liked this post: Stayingup MancunianClaret

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 969 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 am

Spijed wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:32 am
Indeed. Just three points separate seven teams at the bottom with eighteen matches to play.

That is certainly true but whilst the other clubs battling relegation have strengthened significantly in this window Everton remained the only PL club not to make a January signing whilst selling Gordon to Newcastle.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6418 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:59 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 am
That is certainly true but whilst the other clubs battling relegation have strengthened significantly in this window Everton remained the only PL club not to make a January signing whilst selling Gordon to Newcastle.
you could argue that if SD gets the current players (who are certainly very capable) into a winning mindset that he was the most important signing for them - and worth more than what other clubs did
This user liked this post: Spijed

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:01 am

kentonclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 am
That's certainly true, although it could still be said that Everton's squad as a whole (whilst unmotivated in recent weeks) is better than enough of those around them. Forest, for example, have got themselves up the table, not by having better players, but simply tweaking their system to make themselves harder to beat and grind out a few clean sheets. I'm sure SD can at least so that.

In Tarkowski, Cody & Keane they've certainly got the best central defensive unit in that part of the table by quite some distance.

Gaia
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Gaia » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:58 am

Question being asked on twitter by Grand Old Team

Is this @Everton squad better than the Burnley squads Sean Dyche kept in the league for so long?

Give me something.

Anything.

Everton, mate.
https://twitter.com/grandoldteam/status ... CePeQ&s=19

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:59 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:55 pm
Be nice if it came out that players aren't interested in going there due to the dickish element of their fanbase.
The media coverage of the fans after the Southampton game would have been enough to put off anybody.
You reap what you sow.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:08 pm

Arguing stuff post to post as to who was first choice is somewhat moot. The word preference is perhaps the better one to have been discussing, and I think most of us could agree that perhaps Bielsa was a preference, but the terms and conditions were not, thus making Dyche the best choice (first or second doesn’t come into it)

A poster asked above why did Everton leave the announcement so late? It was probably purposeful to do so. In this way, the board can claim to have done its job by making the appointment, while at the same time, the new manager cannot be blamed fine in ability to bring in players, on his first day on the job, which also happens to be the last day of the window. No money spent. No debate to be had about FFP. All very convenient to me.
Last edited by NRC on Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:08 pm

Mr D has drawn the shortest of Shorty McShort-Straws!

Seems to me that he is Moshiri's short term man and no matter what, will be replaced by Bielsa in the summer.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:13 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:16 pm
Maybe so, but I think this just misses the wider picture. Sean Dyche isn't thick he knows that the Chairman isn't investing and indulging in high profile media posturing to the effect that the club cannot afford to invest in players because of Covid while seeking an LBO.

In the three years prior to the sale , 18/19. 19/20 and 20/21 we had a net spend of around £35 million mainly on Ben Gibson, Matej Vyrda, Jay Rod and Josh Brownhill. Just not enough over 3 seasons to stay in the PL. And yet a season or so later we spent over £50 million on shares.

The transfer policy was no longer really working, the investment was not enough, the club was up for sale and at the end the players knew they were going to have to leave the club or lose half their wages. The squad was no being replenished and numerous senior players are heading towards the end of their contracts with little prospect of renewal for most and the threat of relegation for others.

Yes, Steve Stone joining the club coincided with a downturn but it also coincided with Europe and the deterioration of relationships all round that occurred after that....!.

Ultimately, the leadership team wanted out and that was the prime cause of the issue. You can speculate on the nature of relationships within the club but the buck has to stop with the leadership team.
Those players weren't investments though.
Jay, Matej and Gibson would offer nothing, or less, in resale value. I think we could make a profit on Brownhill, but there are a few muppets on this board who don't rate him.
The problem with this option is you are only ever plugging holes in the ship, you aren't making it better.
Alan Paces vision for the club isn't just the right way to go, but the only way to go. The problem in my view was AP had faith in his technological moneyball scouting system, and SD very much didn't.
I totally agree with CP, that the coaching side needed freshening up as well. The whole club had a feeling of stagnation. I wouldn't let any of that deflect from what SD achieved for us.

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:26 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:36 pm
Who mentioned abuse? Certainly not me.

If that was what Stone was doing then I agree that's out of order.

If it's just the usual shouting and swearing whilst coaching, then I'd say different people have different ways of expressing themselves. It doesn't make it right, but I would imagine it's pretty commonplace.
If you need to shout and sweat to express yourself, you're not a very good coach. Not just in football, in any walk of life. Imagine going to a works meeting on a training course, and being shouted at and sworn at.

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:37 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:01 am
That's certainly true, although it could still be said that Everton's squad as a whole (whilst unmotivated in recent weeks) is better than enough of those around them. Forest, for example, have got themselves up the table, not by having better players, but simply tweaking their system to make themselves harder to beat and grind out a few clean sheets. I'm sure SD can at least so that.

In Tarkowski, Cody & Keane they've certainly got the best central defensive unit in that part of the table by quite some distance.
The major problem that Everton face is not keeping clean sheets but in creating chances and scoring goals. You mention Nottingham Forest climbing the table by grinding out results, making themselves harder to beat, and keeping clean sheets. Over the last 8 games Forest have scored 8 goals and conceded 12 winning 3 matches. Everton have scored just 4 goals conceded 16 and failed to record a win in those 8 matches. Oh how Sean would love to have been reunited with Kiwi Chris Wood!
Most Everton fans would agree the need to have added at least one, maybe two, strikers to the squad to increase the goals output not add defensive reinforcements.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:46 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:42 am
Nonsense really their board have spun to keep the purse strings reined in blaming the fans so they don't have to spend money & satisfying FFP, the fans of everton aren't angels by any stretch but that wouldn't be crucial in deciding whether to move to everton or not.
The board sacked Lampard at pretty much to worst time possible - They should have done it with more of the transfer window left. Whether that was purposefully timed or not - who knows.

There isn't an FFP consideration surely with the sale of richarlison and gordon?

Its clear that there is a toxicity at the club and regardless for where the blame lies for it - I am simply stating that the events we have seen by a small number of Everton fans, will surely be put into consideration when an agent has multiple offers for a player.

Do we sign for Everton or go somewhere else ?

Danjuma did a u-turn and there were reports of players deciding against Everton

Batshuayi reportedly turned them down because they wanted a more stable project.

Given they made no signings, I am yet to see the evidence that the recent events have not been the causation for lack of transfer activity rather than money given that both these players appear to confirm the club have been active in trying to get players in. It's not been reported, we couldn't agree a fee/wages etc.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:03 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:46 pm
The board sacked Lampard at pretty much to worst time possible - They should have done it with more of the transfer window left. Whether that was purposefully timed or not - who knows.

There isn't an FFP consideration surely with the sale of richarlison and gordon?

Its clear that there is a toxicity at the club and regardless for where the blame lies for it - I am simply stating that the events we have seen by a small number of Everton fans, will surely be put into consideration when an agent has multiple offers for a player.

Batshuayi reportedly turned them down because they wanted a more stable project.

Given they made no signings, I am yet to see the evidence that the recent events have not been the causation for lack of transfer activity rather than money given that both these players appear to confirm the club have been active in trying to get players in. It's not been reported, we couldn't agree a fee/wages etc.
Richarlison was sold on the final day for Everton's 2021/22 accounting period - that sale was done so they could scrape over the FFP line last season and has no bearing on FFP this season, it effectively confirmed the end of our clubs threat of a legal case against them.

The Gordon sale helps with FFP this season, where Everton did all their spending in the summer, and now have to pay for yet another management team on top of the ones they were already paying. Do not be surprised if Everton post significant losses again this season but stay within FFP.

No doubt our club were happy to see Dyche and co have a new contract that takes them to the end of the one that they had at our club - you would imagine that (if we were still paying them under the terms of their deals with our club) we are now no longer paying/contributing to their wages.

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:50 pm

He’s got a massive job on his hands there. Really hope if they go down they stick with him. Very interested to see how he gets on if given enough time.

Claret Toni
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by Claret Toni » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:04 pm

Poisoned Chalice.

But if there is 1 person I'd back to achieve this near impossibility it would be Sean Dyche.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:06 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:13 pm
Those players weren't investments though.
Jay, Matej and Gibson would offer nothing, or less, in resale value. I think we could make a profit on Brownhill, but there are a few muppets on this board who don't rate him.
The problem with this option is you are only ever plugging holes in the ship, you aren't making it better.
Alan Paces vision for the club isn't just the right way to go, but the only way to go. The problem in my view was AP had faith in his technological moneyball scouting system, and SD very much didn't.
I totally agree with CP, that the coaching side needed freshening up as well. The whole club had a feeling of stagnation. I wouldn't let any of that deflect from what SD achieved for us.
I think there are lots of reasons for anything going wrong but in this case the number one issue was the fact that the leadership team wanted out. And they wanted out in a way that would almost certainly lead to issues we had subsequently.

Investment, a refreshed squad and competition for stalwarts would have helped enormously with the morale in the squad and the stagnation that occurred.

I don't want to cast aspersion on APs vision but the fact that most of the new young players come from Belgium or City tends to suggest that VKs appointment more than Ai technology that is responsible for the fact that we now seem to have an abundance of playing talent with a market potential. AP appointed VK...!

I don't want to go around the issue because there are more appropriate threads other than to rebut the criticism of Sean Dyche.

It is a fact that up to 18/19 Sean Dyche turned the club into a top ten outfit. It's also an undeniable fact that the investment required from that point on was not there and I think its only fair to suggest if it had been all the evidence suggests we would not have been relegated.

It's also a fact that we did have money to spend and it wasn't spent on playing assets.

All in all, what's done is done and I think it's only fair to use facts to make an assessment of Sean Dyche. Saying that it may well have all been for the best. I won't sit here and say I predicted it because I didn't but nonetheless given what happened it couldn't have turned out any better than it has....!

And I fear for Sean Dyche because he has now inherited a board much more dysfunctional and dis-united than the one he complained about at Burnley.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:55 pm

The press are always quick to state that SD did a brilliant job at Burnley despite the financial restrictions in being able to buy players to strengthen the squad.I would be one not to argue with this. However his relationship with Garlick, particularly in the latter period of MG being Chairman, have been well documented. In the early years of the relationship after our second promotion we made some astute purchases-Defour, Cork, Wood, Hendrick, Lowton, Westwood, JBG, Pope. These players blended in well and enabled us to stay out of relegation at season end, and twice we got in to the top10.

However as relationships between manager and chairman got more challenging, transfer windows became so painful. All we heard was the SD whinging about how hard the market was. I suspect the relationship was the stumbling block more than Garlicks refusal to buy.

One of the roles of a manager,is building brilliant relationships with the board and greatly influencing them to support you with players he has identified. I think this is where SD failed. I also don't know how much sway SD has anymore in influencing a player to join his club.Its interesting but Lampard was appointed manager of Everton on 31 January 2022, the eve of the window,with the club selling Richarlison at the end of at window. However Frank with a day to go was able to get Deli Ali, and Beeke of Man Utd to sign on loan. Not great signings in retrospect but got them over the line

SD would have known a week ago he had the job at Everton. Any manager worth his salt and doing everything to avoid the droop,would have known the strengths and weaknesses of the Everton team and should have been able to identify players that could improve the team, but also who could get to join us. So whilst Bournemouth, Leicester, Forest and Saints spent big, Everton achieved NOTHING in the transfer window.

By contrast VK was already "networking" two weeks before being announced as our manager. If SD is still thee in June it will be interesting to see his impact on recruiting new players

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:17 pm

Claret Toni wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:04 pm
Poisoned Chalice.

But if there is 1 person I'd back to achieve this near impossibility it would be Sean Dyche.
Whilst I would want to see him do well naturally in repayment of what he did for us for many years, I’d not share that confidence.

Im genuinely interested to see if SD has what it takes to do the job or whether he’s going to fail like the last few managers that have gone there. Some of which have had far stronger cvs and experienced

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:27 pm

Casper2 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:04 pm
Dyche was Second choice .
He's the manager of Everton you mug. You were telling posters he would never get the job and that they should ring Evertons board and tell them to hire him :lol:

Imagine trying to double down on an opinion this bad :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:31 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:46 pm

I'm not pretending everything's hunky dory at goodison it clearly isn't I just don't buy into the excuse that it's the fans fault the club aren't attracting signings, the problem is the unwillingness to splash the cash & in all fairness I can fully understand why FM doesn't want to spend they've spent enough already to certainly expect to be somewhere different to where they are now & he probably feels he chucking good money away not to mention the expense involved with firing a manager & hiring a manager.

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:44 pm

David Squires on … Bielsa, Dyche and the Everton manager interview process

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... ew-process

equinox
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by equinox » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:25 pm

Now I'm not suggesting Sean will set his team up like this but surely something like this could survive?

...........................................Pickford....................................

...........Keane........................Tarkowski......................Coady...

Gray.............Gueye.........Doucoure........Davies.............Mcneil

..........................Maupay...................Calvert-Lewin.......

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:52 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:51 am
The argument about first choice or second choice is an exercise in semantics. Whether SD was first choice or not, he is now employed by Everton to manage the team and I dont think he would have taken it on (I know I wouldn't!) if he got the feeling he was the second choice. I suppose it all comes down to how their chairman and SD discussed it and none of us will know about any of that.

It is a little disingenuous to suggest that Bielsa wasn't the favoured appointment at one point though, and likewise also a little disingenuous to suggest that Dyche is not favoured now (because he's in the job!).

I am genuinely interested in how SD does at Everton, and whilst I dont like that club at all now (mainly because of the feeling of entitlement of the fan base over recent seasons) I do also genuinely wish him well in his role and I hope he proves the doubters wrong.
You are right it's completely irrelevant he's got the job regardless if he's 1st choice or 7th choice I think some posters are blinkered regarding SD & don't like to acknowledge bielsa was the preferred choice, it was widely reported that bielsa snubbed the job after it became clear FM was only willing to go so far with concessions & then turned to dyche, it's clear (not 100% never 100%) it was bielsas job if he really wanted it albeit he would have to back down on his conditions proposed to FM & accept the terms FM offered.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:43 pm

Everton were the first team I saw as a 7yr old v Blackpool and Goodison was the closest ground to our village.So I have a soft spot for Everton and know lots of Evertonians. I wish our greatest ex manager Sean all the best in solving an impossible problem
Scoring goals with a non scoring strike force is a major task.Every player turning down Evertons overtures is a massive blow.

Casper2
Been Liked: 215 times
Has Liked: 63 times

Post by Casper2 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:16 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:27 pm
He's the manager of Everton you mug. You were telling posters he would never get the job and that they should ring Evertons board and tell them to hire him :lol:

Imagine trying to double down on an opinion this bad :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fancy logging on just to slag me off , maybe have a look in the mirror you will see a bigger mug looking back .

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:59 pm

They'll stay up.

He will bring a freshness to them, a new attitude if you like. That "none shall pass" mantra we saw when he had us at our resolute best. He'll bring any prima donnas into line or he will ship them out. Ego's will be wound right in, and those not buying into his ethos of "minimum requirement is maximum effort" will also be binned.

Not bringing anyone in has helped - if they go (and i don't believe they will) he can suggest it was because he wasn't given a real chance to stay up by bringing in new legs.

Those players are easily capable of staying up. They just need a very simple and clear plan and they need to be organised. They'll get that.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 185 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:08 pm

Surely Dyche will change the way they are set up and go 4-4-2 with CalvertLewin up front and maybe Maupay next to him. Gray and McNeil on the wings to wang in lots of crosses which C-L would thrive on. A couple of busy midfielders and two from Tarky, Keane and Coady at the back.

Simples.

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:13 pm

And if DCL is injured again?

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:35 pm

Sure they will have someone in there to receive the ball. They will have a reserve striker won’t they?

kentonclaret

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:41 pm

bobinho wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:35 pm
Sure they will have someone in there to receive the ball. They will have a reserve striker won’t they?
Ellis Simms who was recalled by Everton from his loan spell at Sunderland. Simms was expected to return to Sunderland until Everton failed to bring in any new strikers in the January window.

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Nonayforever » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:50 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:55 pm

SD would have known a week ago he had the job at Everton. Any manager worth his salt and doing everything to avoid the droop,would have known the strengths and weaknesses of the Everton team and should have been able to identify players that could improve the team, but also who could get to join us. So whilst Bournemouth, Leicester, Forest and Saints spent big, Everton achieved NOTHING in the transfer window.

The above , plus the fact that he tried to sign C G from Chelsea ( ridiculous choice ) reminds me of the desperation of D Moyes when he went to Man Utd.
I don't like Dyche but believe that he is without doubt Evertons best chance of progressing at this moment in time, however I think the job won't be pleasant for him.
I certainly don't think he has made the best of starts, not even one loyal player added ( Brownhill ? )

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:08 pm

Just a suggestion:
Can we stop posting about the state of Everton FC (on and off the pitch)?
If people want to discuss Everton FC, and it's onfield performance, could they start their own thread?
I'm sure I'm not alone in finding this Everton "love-in" a bit much right now.

Why don't we keep this thread for the Sean Dyche appreciation club, leaving Everton out of it? ;)

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:15 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:08 pm
Just a suggestion:
Can we stop posting about the state of Everton FC (on and off the pitch)?
If people want to discuss Everton FC, and it's onfield performance, could they start their own thread?
I'm sure I'm not alone in finding this Everton "love-in" a bit much right now.

Why don't we keep this thread for the Sean Dyche appreciation club, leaving Everton out of it? ;)
But the thread is " SD is the new Everton manager "

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:23 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:15 pm
But the thread is " SD is the new Everton manager "
Yep.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:54 pm

So when does he stop being "the new" Everton manager?
TBH, I have no problem with people celebrating what SD did for BFC, but I can't be alone in not giving a monkey's about Everton FC.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:03 pm

Good for you.
Read the other threads instead.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:05 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:03 pm
Good for you.
Read the other threads instead.
I like to read them all, Eddie :D
These 2 users liked this post: Nonayforever evensteadiereddie

Nonayforever

Post by Nonayforever » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:09 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:05 pm
I like to read them all, Eddie :D
Even the ones where posters try to virtually kill each other 🤣🤣

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:12 pm

Nonayforever wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:09 pm
Even the ones where posters try to virtually kill each other 🤣🤣
I know, mad isn't it. :D
One doesn't find out without reading them

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:20 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:54 pm
TBH, I have no problem with people celebrating what SD did for BFC, but I can't be alone in not giving a monkey's about Everton FC.
Good question bill.

Ney York has been using the “new” label for a couple of centuries now. It was previously New Amsterdam so they must like the suffix.

My washing powder has been claiming it’s a “new” formula since I can remember too.

It’s just two examples tbh. I’m not sure any of this really helps us though.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 666 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:51 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:44 pm
David Squires on … Bielsa, Dyche and the Everton manager interview process

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... ew-process
Very funny, i like his work

CJW
Been Liked: 144 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by CJW » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:38 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Perhaps "improved" would be a better adjective?

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:20 am

JohnDearyMe wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:51 pm
Very funny, i like his work
Yes, he's very good.
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:43 am

boatshed bill wrote:
TBH, I have no problem with people celebrating what SD did for BFC.
And some even struggle with that ;)

Gaia
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Gaia » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:44 pm

Club messed up with Sean's live press conference with a Lampard thumbnail
Attachments
Screenshot_20230202-164042.png
Screenshot_20230202-164042.png (1005.03 KiB) Viewed 837 times

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:09 pm

Gaia wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:44 pm
And just in case anyone wants to listen to it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64502778

;)

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:10 pm

Gaia wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:44 pm
Sums up the Car crash that is Everton very easily 🤣🤣🤣

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:29 pm

decent first press conference..... he just comes over well and knowing what he's talking about. The only nit for me was the notion of working the phones hard, from which we are led to believe at least 17 rejections...... and having good players in the building that would have to be displaced. Both can't be true