Big money footballer with disconnected brain

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Big money footballer with disconnected brain

Post by IanMcL » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:09 am

Everton seem lucky to have flogged Gordon for a big wedge...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21268534 ... le-banned/

timshorts
Been Liked: 410 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Re: Big money footballer with disconnected brain

Post by timshorts » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:31 am

He's a cock. But that's not a public highway. Its the bit of private road serving the hotel. So that picture is not evidence that he's committing a road traffic offence.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:05 am

timshorts wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:31 am
He's a cock. But that's not a public highway. Its the bit of private road serving the hotel. So that picture is not evidence that he's committing a road traffic offence.

Ive had this argument on this board previously. I will challenge every aspect of a drug or drink drive matter or in this instance driving whilst disqualified.
I could list 15-20 things I would challenge but I will not put them on a public forum.
Does he have a defence? What I would start by doing in this matter is put the burden on the Crown by saying he was not driving on a public road. (if these are my instructions btw). The Crown then need to prove their case.
The law distinguishes a road as being ‘any highway and any other road that is accessible to the public’
So the question that needs to be answered is “do the public have access to it” , it is a confusing law as the same road or place could be deemed ‘private’ or ‘public’ subject on the people using it or the time of day it is in use
There is a lot of new case law on this matter (thank God for Wilkinson’s 30th Edition)
Hope that helps but my advice is challenge, challenge, challenge.

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:52 am

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:05 am
Ive had this argument on this board previously. I will challenge every aspect of a drug or drink drive matter or in this instance driving whilst disqualified.
I could list 15-20 things I would challenge but I will not put them on a public forum.
Does he have a defence? What I would start by doing in this matter is put the burden on the Crown by saying he was not driving on a public road. (if these are my instructions btw). The Crown then need to prove their case.
The law distinguishes a road as being ‘any highway and any other road that is accessible to the public’
So the question that needs to be answered is “do the public have access to it” , it is a confusing law as the same road or place could be deemed ‘private’ or ‘public’ subject on the people using it or the time of day it is in use
There is a lot of new case law on this matter (thank God for Wilkinson’s 30th Edition)
Or we could all help society by living by the spirit the law intended, instead of constantly finding loopholes?

Just maybe.....
These 6 users liked this post: claret54 Bosscat jtv Big Vinny K boatshed bill keith1879

tally
Been Liked: 175 times
Has Liked: 281 times

Post by tally » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:25 am

The name "Richard Head" springs to mind.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

Venkys4eva
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 183 times

Post by Venkys4eva » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:30 am

Anyone caught drink/drug driving should face an automatic 10 year ban.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:01 am

Venkys4eva wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:30 am
Anyone caught drink/drug driving should face an automatic 10 year ban.
Whilst I agree with the sentiments there are instances for example the day after when you think you are and feel
Fine but end up blowing just over. Clearly your not drink/drugged it’s just hovering in your system.

Getting caught in the act at/around the time of consumption absolutely no complaints in the hefty ban

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:33 am

He has signed on to play in stripes.
These 2 users liked this post: JohnMac basil6345789

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:30 pm

I seem to recall a story, not that long ago, of someone asleep in his drive, behind the wheel. Got done for drink driving.

Also, isn't it a ban on driving full stop?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:36 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:30 pm
I seem to recall a story, not that long ago, of someone asleep in his drive, behind the wheel. Got done for drink driving.

About 40 years ago I used to kip in my car in Skipton (Saturday night Rock Do's at "The Yorkshireman") my mate who had a studio flat used to take my keys so I hadn't got keys with me... I was woken on consecutive Saturdays (for around 5 weeks) by the police and searched for my keys ... each time I could prove I didn't have the keys ... eventually they left me alone. The fact I was in a sleeping bag must have told them something 😉

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:52 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:36 pm
About 40 years ago I used to kip in my car in Skipton (Saturday night Rock Do's at "The Yorkshireman") my mate who had a studio flat used to take my keys so I hadn't got keys with me... I was woken on consecutive Saturdays (for around 5 weeks) by the police and searched for my keys ... each time I could prove I didn't have the keys ... eventually they left me alone. The fact I was in a sleeping bag must have told them something 😉
Billy no mates! 😊

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:58 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:52 pm
Billy no mates! 😊
Not every week buddy 😉

🤭🤭🤭
These 2 users liked this post: IanMcL Vegas Claret

pushpinpussy

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:41 pm

Awayfromburnley wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:52 am
Or we could all help society by living by the spirit the law intended, instead of constantly finding loopholes?

Just maybe.....

Ive had this discussion a thousand times. Law and morals don't mix. You remind me of certain people who criticise us and what we do, but when an issue arises you are on the phone in a matter of seconds. Ill keep your license. I will save your marriage. I will save your job.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:43 pm

tally wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:25 am
The name "Richard Head" springs to mind.
Or R. Sole perhaps haha

pushpinpussy

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:47 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:30 pm

You appear to be talking about being drunk whilst in charge of a motor vehicle. These are the easiest cases to win. The Crown need to prove, not only that you were in fact “in charge” of the vehicle (with the definition of this not being as straight forward as you may think) but also that you were over the limit. Proving both elements of this offence can be a difficult task.

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:50 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:41 pm
Ive had this discussion a thousand times. Law and morals don't mix. You remind me of certain people who criticise us and what we do, but when an issue arises you are on the phone in a matter of seconds. Ill keep your license. I will save your marriage. I will save your job.

Nah, I just wouldn't drive if banned. It's really that simple.

I take absolute accountability and responsibility for my actions

If for a bizarre reason I did, I'd accept the punishment.

I can't work out if you're superman /superwoman, or a half qualified solicitor with the ego of superman /superwoman.

beddie
Been Liked: 1383 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:55 pm

Bosscat wrote:
I remember those days Bosscat. Did you do the Town Hall dances as well, they’d be before the Yorkshireman opened I think. Afterwards we used to go down to the Tomato Dip on Keighley Road ( remember that?)

pushpinpussy

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:18 pm

Awayfromburnley wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:50 pm
Nah, I just wouldn't drive if banned. It's really that simple.

I take absolute accountability and responsibility for my actions

If for a bizarre reason I did, I'd accept the punishment.

I can't work out if you're superman /superwoman, or a half qualified solicitor with the ego of superman /superwoman.
Ill take Superman. Thank you

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:19 pm

beddie wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:55 pm
I remember those days Bosscat. Did you do the Town Hall dances as well, they’d be before the Yorkshireman opened I think. Afterwards we used to go down to the Tomato Dip on Keighley Road ( remember that?)
We were at the Yorkshireman that night "The Satan Slaves" lot came to get some retribution for something from someone ... watched most of it from under a table (safest place to be 🙄)

The Town hall ones were possibly before my time going out in Skipton (late 70's early 80's) and the Tomato dip had become a club in the evenings by then ...

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:22 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:47 pm
You appear to be talking about being drunk whilst in charge of a motor vehicle. These are the easiest cases to win. The Crown need to prove, not only that you were in fact “in charge” of the vehicle (with the definition of this not being as straight forward as you may think) but also that you were over the limit. Proving both elements of this offence can be a difficult task.
The fact that you use the term "win" suggests to me that you see it as a bit of a game.
Surely, if you are a lawyer your first duty is to see that justice is upheld, not trying to find loopholes for criminals.
These 3 users liked this post: Awayfromburnley Bosscat tiger76

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:28 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:05 am
Credit when credit is due. This is probably PPP’s most impressive post to date

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:29 pm

Love this statement from Plod: “As is standard practice, we wouldn’t confirm or deny the identity of anyone who may or may not be part of a police investigation”

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:29 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:22 pm
The fact that you use the term "win" suggests to me that you see it as a bit of a game.
Surely, if you are a lawyer your first duty is to see that justice is upheld, not trying to find loopholes for criminals.
My thoughts exactly

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:38 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:29 pm
My thoughts exactly
Your thoughts exactly but you would effectively be making yourself redundant albeit with an admirable moral stance in doing that. It's just a money making exercise from start to finish our judicial system with money being more important than justice.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:45 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:19 pm
We were at the Yorkshireman that night "The Satan Slaves" lot came to get some retribution for something from someone ... watched most of it from under a table (safest place to be 🙄)

The Town hall ones were possibly before my time going out in Skipton (late 70's early 80's) and the Tomato dip had become a club in the evenings by then ...
I’ve not that name since my school days - one of the “mosher” type lads always reckoned he was “well in with Satans Slaves”. Right bell end he was!

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6538 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:48 pm

Is he banned from driving?

Is he driving on a public road?

How quick could this `court case` be?

Article says he `could` be banned or worse if it's proved he's committed a crime.

If guilty, scott free would be my guess...

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:59 pm

bobinho wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:48 pm
Is he banned from driving?

Is he driving on a public road?

How quick could this `court case` be?

Article says he `could` be banned or worse if it's proved he's committed a crime.

If guilty, scott free would be my guess...
He is currently banned. That could be increased, although he has numerous priors, it seems. Probably nothing, as you suggest!

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:01 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:45 pm
I’ve not that name since my school days - one of the “mosher” type lads always reckoned he was “well in with Satans Slaves”. Right bell end he was!
Anyone who reckoned "they were well in with the Slaves" most likely wasn't ... I used to know a couple of chaps in Bradford and Shipley who were and you would not mess with them 🙄...

Stanbill05
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Stanbill05 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:03 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:41 pm
Nope, you have been around weasels and criminals too long. Most people are decent and law abiding and would take their medicine if they happen to screw up. Ironically, my missus would be more likely to leave, if some slimy solicitor got my off something I'd done on a technicality.

pushpinpussy

Post by pushpinpussy » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:19 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Of course that goes without saying. I have never and never will mislead a court.

Regarding justice being upheld. Reverse the roles. if the Crown or the Police do not follow the law or breach certain procedures why should they be allowed to get away with it.

Regarding Loopholes. Its not really loopholes that we find anymore. Its the fact that certain authorities do not do their jobs properly and we just follow and abide by the law and inform the courts of this.

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by durhamclaret » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:44 pm

beddie wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:55 pm
I (regrettably) saw the Bay City Rollers in Skipton Town Hall when I lived down there, also frequented the Yorkshireman and t’Dip
Happy Days!

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:02 pm

Stanbill05 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:03 pm
Nope, you have been around weasels and criminals too long. Most people are decent and law abiding and would take their medicine if they happen to screw up. Ironically, my missus would be more likely to leave, if some slimy solicitor got my off something I'd done on a technicality.
Most people are decent & law abiding but people are human & make mistakes, you get people with no criminal convictions previously doing things wrong & not thinking straight & then trying to cover their tracks it happens even more when people have intact reputations they are even more desperate to protect. I don't agree with pushpinpussys methods but i also understand the guys got to earn his crust & doing everything by the book & being squeaky clean simply does not pay the bills, I think some people are naively thinking that defence solicitors are some sort of samaritans on a crusade mission, they are just as bent as the crooks their are defending.
This user liked this post: houseboy

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2687 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:18 pm

and Girlfriend driviing while on mobile phone...

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:04 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Can’t say that lawyers/solicitors have ever been interested in seeing justice upheld. Their interest starts and ends in increasing their reputation as a winner in order to charge higher fees. And finding loopholes is their stock in trade. Otherwise why would an obviously guilty person ever get any representation (and occasionally there are some obviously guilty people). To be honest my dad, who was a law abiding person, used to call lawyers ‘the **** of the earth’.

timshorts
Been Liked: 410 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:10 pm

houseboy wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:04 pm
Can’t say that lawyers/solicitors have ever been interested in seeing justice upheld. Their interest starts and ends in increasing their reputation as a winner in order to charge higher fees. And finding loopholes is their stock in trade. Otherwise why would an obviously guilty person ever get any representation (and occasionally there are some obviously guilty people). To be honest my dad, who was a law abiding person, used to call lawyers ‘the **** of the earth’.
You've been watching too much television.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:08 pm

timshorts wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:10 pm
You've been watching too much television.
No...I’ve had too many bad experiences with lawyers/solicitors. Much better than TV experience. Now in the parlance of the legal profession, prove I’m lying.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:20 pm

houseboy wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:04 pm
Propose a better system than one we have.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:33 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:20 pm
I can’t. But the system isn’t the problem, the system is great. It’s the people working in it that leave much to be desired and it can’t be changed because the only ones who can change it are the ones running it essentially. It’s like the political system, not just here but in many countries, the system is fine but the ones working in it need fixing.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3138 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:45 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:20 pm
Trial By Fire or Drowning?
Worked on the witches :D

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:46 pm

This might explain things a bit better:
https://www.edenlegalservices.co.uk/how ... is-guilty/
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

chipbutty
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by chipbutty » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:34 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Surely, your mate in his studio flat, had a 6ft by 3ft space on his floor for you to kip on in aforementioned sleeping bag?

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:38 pm

chipbutty wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:34 pm
Surely, your mate in his studio flat, had a 6ft by 3ft space on his floor for you to kip on in aforementioned sleeping bag?
Having seen Bosscat on The Chase, I would have thought a 5' 4" by 3ft space would have been ample 😁

chipbutty
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by chipbutty » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:54 pm

Point being, why kip in car for so many weeks, when he could have kipped on his mates floor?
Warmer and more Rozzer Friendly

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:46 am

chipbutty wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:34 pm
I don't think his girlfriend would have wanted a sweaty snoring long haired drunk kipping on the floor every Saturday 🤣🤣🤣

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:05 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Hahaha. No, solicitors want to win and yes they often see it as a “game”.
This user liked this post: Bosscat