It's truly impressive

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: It's truly impressive

Post by RVclaret » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:42 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:32 pm
It would be interesting to see what the wage bills are of us , Watford and Norwich. With our high earners mostly out the door, I can't imagine it will be anywhere near theirs. Perhaps Norwich, as they've always worked to a budget, but Watford must be a lot more.
Just going off the last time they were both promoted, Watford’s was 68.1 and Norwich 66.6. I think we could assume it’s at least that again this time, as neither trimmed their squads on relegation really.

For comparison ours, which of course we won’t find out officially for another year, is likely late 20s / early 30s.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

equinox
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by equinox » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:56 pm

If there was a handicap system in place, like in horse racing, would the handicapper have us playing with 8 men or have the 11 players carring lead weights in rucksack to try to make things fairer to our completely inferior opponents?

spt_claret
Been Liked: 728 times
Has Liked: 456 times

Post by spt_claret » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:05 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:21 pm
Not many sides could do without their:

* First choice GK
* First choice CB
* Captain & arguably best midfielder
* Most explosive winger
* First choice striking option

…and go in and dominate a game like that.
Pretty much every game since the New Year I've been thinking this could be where our run falters between injuries, suspensions, etc.
Somehow yesterday we won 3-0 and it didn't even feel like we got out of first gear. How often do you win by 3 goals and think "We weren't our best today"?
I've never known a season like this. Phenomenal stuff.