Burnley Shirt - Signing Advice

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Burnley Shirt - Signing Advice

Post by jedi_master » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:39 am

Looking for some advice from anyone on here!

I have managed to get one of the Endsleigh shirts that they did a couple of months back, and I really want to get this seasons squad/staff to sign it on the front so that I can then get it professionally framed. This isn't for me to sell on, I enjoy hanging shirts that mean a lot to me and it's fair to say I think this is a season to treasure the memory of.

I have got shirts signed before, but they have been gifts to me (or I have just been at the right place at the right time on a couple of occasions) - truthfully I have no idea how I would even go about obtaining signatures from the lads, or if it's even possible. I know that people hang out at the training ground and stuff, but that's a difficult one for me living in Chesterfield - but if it's the only way then I would obviously have to try to give it a go. I also feel I have to try and get this achieved over the next few months as some of this fantastic team might leave (or, not sign for us, in the case of the loan players).

Any advice appreciated at all!

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3171 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Re: Burnley Shirt - Signing Advice

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:48 am

Not sure if it’s still possible, but pre-pandemic you use to be able to catch the players getting into the ground on matchdays (usually from 12pm)
This user liked this post: jedi_master

ClaretPope
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 437 times

Post by ClaretPope » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:51 am

The manager and players have a signing session now and again. I suggest you get in touch with the Supporters' Liaison Officer (Jack Ormesher) SLO@burnleyfc.com

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3845 times
Has Liked: 2066 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:52 am

If you haven't time to hang around the training centre, i'm sure a donation to the community fund/food bank would get you sorted.
Ask nicely though.

jedi_master

Post by jedi_master » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:25 am

Thanks for the advice all, will give it a go!

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:26 am

jedi_master wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:39 am
Looking for some advice from anyone on here!

I have managed to get one of the Endsleigh shirts that they did a couple of months back, and I really want to get this seasons squad/staff to sign it on the front so that I can then get it professionally framed. This isn't for me to sell on, I enjoy hanging shirts that mean a lot to me and it's fair to say I think this is a season to treasure the memory of.

I have got shirts signed before, but they have been gifts to me (or I have just been at the right place at the right time on a couple of occasions) - truthfully I have no idea how I would even go about obtaining signatures from the lads, or if it's even possible. I know that people hang out at the training ground and stuff, but that's a difficult one for me living in Chesterfield - but if it's the only way then I would obviously have to try to give it a go. I also feel I have to try and get this achieved over the next few months as some of this fantastic team might leave (or, not sign for us, in the case of the loan players).

Any advice appreciated at all!
Hi Jedi, I retired 31st March 2020 - just after lockdown started. I didn't find out until much later in the year, my colleagues had organised a Burnley shirt signed by most/all of the 1st team squad. They all put their squad numbers on the shirt - otherwise it would have been a guessing game as to the signatures. When I received the signed shirt I also received a certificate of authenticity - and the club's invoice was also included. My colleagues were charged £100 to buy shirt with signatures. This was Jan/Feb of the season, so I'd guess the shirt cost less than half of the £100.

As it was organised by colleagues I've no idea who their contact was. Maybe start with the club shop?

Good luck.

UTC

PS: I've taken the shirt out of the frame. I'm open to offers if anyone is interested. I'll give any money I receive to a major charity.

jedi_master

Post by jedi_master » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:16 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:26 am
Hi Jedi, I retired 31st March 2020 - just after lockdown started. I didn't find out until much later in the year, my colleagues had organised a Burnley shirt signed by most/all of the 1st team squad. They all put their squad numbers on the shirt - otherwise it would have been a guessing game as to the signatures. When I received the signed shirt I also received a certificate of authenticity - and the club's invoice was also included. My colleagues were charged £100 to buy shirt with signatures. This was Jan/Feb of the season, so I'd guess the shirt cost less than half of the £100.

As it was organised by colleagues I've no idea who their contact was. Maybe start with the club shop?

Good luck.

UTC

PS: I've taken the shirt out of the frame. I'm open to offers if anyone is interested. I'll give any money I receive to a major charity.
Thanks Paul - I have followed the advice on posts above and contacted the club on this (via the SLO), and offered donations to both the community fund and foodbank as a measure of gratitude, awaiting response. I can but ask I guess!
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

jedi_master

Post by jedi_master » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:13 am

I haven't had a response from the club as yet on this (not that I really expected it, but if you don't try you don't get as they say),though I am going to also chance my arm asking in the club shop on Saturday before the game to see if they have any advice. As a result, I think I am going to have to attempt it the old fashioned way r.e trying at the training ground entrance...

I just wondered if anybody had done this in the last few months, whether it's allowed, what days the lads train/times they generally arrive or leave and whether they tend to be willing really?

(Apologies for clogging the board up with something that is so utterly self centred, but there isn't anywhere else I can ask such questions! It's a far cry today from times as a kid when I got a treasured signed napkin from Mark Ford and Steve Blatherwick outside Boots in town).
This user liked this post: ClaretAL