Man City FFP Breaches

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 192 times

Re: Man City FFP Breaches

Post by bumba » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:52 am

houseboy wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:51 pm
I don’t think that’s gonna happen though bud. Rangers went bust and had to rebuild. Juve, I believe, is more an internal thing. I think nothing much will happen anytime soon because City’s extremely expensive legal team won’t let anything happen without a long drawn out fight. Chances are if there is any punishment at all it might not come until VK has moved on anyway. The only danger is if Pep cleared off
Not a chance it will happen, the premier league has no balls and only care about the product....the product is now worth less without City and Pep and they wouldn't want that publicity.
They'll settle for a nice back hander, spin the fans a load of lies and a tiny fine to keep the pressure off

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:50 am

I just hope no-one has any sympathy for Man City supporters whatsoever if they end up being severely punished (although I doubt they will) because those same supporters have fully embraced the dirty Arab regime and all the dodgy practices that go with it.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:21 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:32 am
Juve - relegated a few years back for bribing match officials etc.
More recently given a 15 point deduction I think it was but that's just the start of punishments that will be handed out to them, don't be surprised if they get bounced down a league again.
The Italian FA don't faff about with this stuff.

We've also had Leeds and Luton both being deducted points for far less than the stuff City have been doing.

Points deduction will be the minimum punishment, I'm expecting a lot more.
Wasn’t there an outcry at the time Juve got relegated because AC Milan were guilty also but escaped relegation because, as many thought, Berlusconi their president pulled a few strings? Wasn’t he president of Italy at the time?
I always felt sorry for Luton because they got punished out of all proportion compared to some because (probably) they couldn’t afford a world class legal team. Points deductions always seem unfair to me because the main victims then are the fans.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:25 am

bumba wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:52 am
Not a chance it will happen, the premier league has no balls and only care about the product....the product is now worth less without City and Pep and they wouldn't want that publicity.
They'll settle for a nice back hander, spin the fans a load of lies and a tiny fine to keep the pressure off
I wouldn’t fall off my chair in shock bud if you turned out to be right. Modern ‘top class’ football is a mess.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am

City will at worst get a fine, or as Chelsea did a transfer embargo for 1 window, hardly a deterrent for 15 years of dodgy dealings, but the PL can't have their precious brand sullied can they.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:50 am
I just hope no-one has any sympathy for Man City supporters whatsoever if they end up being severely punished (although I doubt they will) because those same supporters have fully embraced the dirty Arab regime and all the dodgy practices that go with it.
To be honest I do quite like City fans. They are far more realistic than most ‘big six’ fans. Their bad times are still a fairly recent memory and I think it grounds them a little.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:42 am

tiger76 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am
City will at worst get a fine, or as Chelsea did a transfer embargo for 1 window, hardly a deterrent for 15 years of dodgy dealings, but the PL can't have their precious brand sullied can they.
Not dealing with this properly sullies the brand a lot.
A paltry fine or minor points deduction wouldn't really encourage others to behave would it...

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:44 am

houseboy wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:21 am
Wasn’t there an outcry at the time Juve got relegated because AC Milan were guilty also but escaped relegation because, as many thought, Berlusconi their president pulled a few strings? Wasn’t he president of Italy at the time?
I always felt sorry for Luton because they got punished out of all proportion compared to some because (probably) they couldn’t afford a world class legal team. Points deductions always seem unfair to me because the main victims then are the fans.
The same fans who generally don't care what their clubs are doing so long as they're winning.....don't feel any pity for them

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:42 am
Not dealing with this properly sullies the brand a lot.
A paltry fine or minor points deduction wouldn't really encourage others to behave would it...
We'll see how far the PL push this, I'd like to hope they'll take it all the way, however in reality City's spending power and clever lawyers will no doubt ensure they manage to bury this in red tape for years to come.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 am

A lot of excitement yesterday, it'll be out the news by next week. In 18 months or so we'll hear about a fine being imposed. City will have the best lawyers you can buy, they saw UEFA off easily enough.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:54 am

tiger76 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 am
We'll see how far the PL push this, I'd like to hope they'll take it all the way, however in reality City's spending power and clever lawyers will no doubt ensure they manage to bury this in red tape for years to come.
A 4yr investigation by the PL suggests they're taking it seriously

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:54 am

NottsClaret wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 am
A lot of excitement yesterday, it'll be out the news by next week. In 18 months or so we'll hear about a fine being imposed. City will have the best lawyers you can buy, they saw UEFA off easily enough.
Uefa were undone by their own time limit, city weren't found innocent of anything

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:56 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:44 am
The same fans who generally don't care what their clubs are doing so long as they're winning.....don't feel any pity for them
Only same with ours fans.
Most people aren't arsed about our financials and some even have a go at posters who are.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 am

A man city fan on Talksport - if the rules weren't so stringent then we wouldn't have to pay our managers "extra" via alternative means

That's amazing :lol:

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 am

houseboy wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:21 am
Points deductions always seem unfair to me because the main victims then are the fans.
Therein lies the problem. Why should supporters of Leicester, for example, enjoy the glory of winning the Prem when the club were allowed to go into administration just as they were about to pay for their new stadium? They were allowed to keep players rather than having to pay the taxman.

If clubs have dodgy finances then they should face the full consequences. If that mean some clubs ending up being liquidated in the most extreme circumstances then so be it.

Your attitude means that clubs will carry on with fraudulent behaviour, knowing they will be allowed to get away with it time and again.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 tiger76

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:59 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:56 am
Only same with ours fans.
Most people aren't arsed about our financials and some even have a go at posters who are.
That's a fair point, but even on here there are a large number unhappy with the takeover process BUT as yet the club hasn't broken any rules, nor overspent on players and wages, we actually made a profit in the summer.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:04 am

I hope they are serious and City get what’s been coming to them for years. But I have my doubts they will.

But the lack of consistency in dealing with other clubs stinks. PSG must be in a similar boat and Chelsea too now.
And then there are the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid. For Real Madrid the deal they did a few years ago now in relation to their training ground and effectively being given state support is just as corrupt as anything that has gone on recently.
And that’s before we start to look at Juve, the 2 Milan clubs and the like.

These clubs will always find a way to get round the system and ensure that they remain firstly the richest clubs in their own leagues and secondly they can try and compete in the CL……but then it becomes a race to the top (or bottom actually) as the Saudi backed teams will always out rich everyone else .

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:20 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 am
Therein lies the problem. Why should supporters of Leicester, for example, enjoy the glory of winning the Prem when the club were allowed to go into administration just as they were about to pay for their new stadium? They were allowed to keep players rather than having to pay the taxman.

If clubs have dodgy finances then they should face the full consequences. If that mean some clubs ending up being liquidated in the most extreme circumstances then so be it.

Your attitude means that clubs will carry on with fraudulent behaviour, knowing they will be allowed to get away with it time and again.
I agree in part but in no way (fans aside) do I agree with people potentially losing their livelihoods through no fault of their own by mismanagement that's the bigger picture you aren't seeing! It's nothing to do with glory it's far more serious than that.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:24 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:20 am
I agree in part but in no way (fans aside) do I agree with people potentially losing their livelihoods through no fault of their own by mismanagement that's the bigger picture you aren't seeing! It's nothing to do with glory it's far more serious than that.
Companies go bust all the time, even ones with many employees. Should football clubs therefore be completely protected from any severe penalty regardless of the circumstances?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:26 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:24 am
Companies go bust all the time, even ones with many employees. Should football clubs therefore be completely protected from any severe penalty regardless of the circumstances?
Not necessarily & even if they are you never get the full amount of redundancy it's basic & capped you never get the full entitlement you deserve.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:32 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:20 am
That's the reality of business though isn't it? If mismanaged people are going to lose their jobs, there has to be some punishment that acts as a deterrent for other clubs to not do the same. Also what about the teams who do comply with the rules? They are losing potential opportunities for success, areas for business growth etc etc because other clubs are "cheating".

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:36 am

boyyanno wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:32 am
That's the reality of business though isn't it? If mismanaged people are going to lose their jobs, there has to be some punishment that acts as a deterrent for other clubs to not do the same. Also what about the teams who do comply with the rules? They are losing potential opportunities for success, areas for business growth etc etc because other clubs are "cheating".
I understand all that & all that is good & well but that doesn't help the people who suffer as result, you could say that's tough that's life & you would be right in saying that but despite of that I think some sort of sympathy & consideration is appropriate in them circumstances & by all means punish the clubs but also look at introducing preventative measures to stop it happening to protect the vulnerable employees.

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 192 times

Post by bumba » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:30 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:25 am
I wouldn’t fall off my chair in shock bud if you turned out to be right. Modern ‘top class’ football is a mess.
I wouldn't be surprised in English football was the most corrupt in the world right now, it's a complete mess hidden behind the premier league 'product'
This user liked this post: houseboy

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:50 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:36 am
I understand all that & all that is good & well but that doesn't help the people who suffer as result, you could say that's tough that's life & you would be right in saying that but despite of that I think some sort of sympathy & consideration is appropriate in them circumstances & by all means punish the clubs but also look at introducing preventative measures to stop it happening to protect the vulnerable employees.
By the same token what about the jobs lost at clubs who could have grown/had more success because they followed the rules and didn't cheat? You're basically saying ahh well it doesn't matter about all that I don't want Bob to lose his job selling pies at the Etihad.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:17 pm

Id what I find almost incredible is how a club of such wealth and in the world football spotlight, can blatantly and repeatedly fall foul of financial regulations. Where on earth is the corporate governance ? It’s hard to see past cheating .

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:20 pm

It’s funny how some people’s minds work.
Complete lack of sympathy or empathy for most things but feel sorry for employees of a football club that have blatantly broke financial rules…..and breaking those financial rules is one of the reasons why they can afford to employ this many people in the first place.
I had some dealings with the Man City marketing director and went to their offices at the Etihad. He gave me a quick tour of the offices. That marketing department at the time employed more people than the whole of BFC did including all the playing staff. And they were all earning significantly more than their equivalents in our marketing department.

Not long after when City brought a lot of the Spanish contingent in from Barca they got rid of a lot of the senior marketing people without a second thought to replace them with the Spanish. But that vast majority just end up getting jobs at other clubs. A lot of positions at football clubs work like that - they move from club to club.

BigGaz
Been Liked: 109 times
Has Liked: 37 times

Post by BigGaz » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:20 pm

This isn’t going to stop at City. If they’re going down (so to speak) then believe me they’re going to be taking others down with them.

I predict the PL (the body) are going to regret opening this particular can of worms and depending on the outcome are possibly going to expedite the time line of the ESL by their own hand.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:26 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:50 pm
By the same token what about the jobs lost at clubs who could have grown/had more success because they followed the rules and didn't cheat? You're basically saying ahh well it doesn't matter about all that I don't want Bob to lose his job selling pies at the Etihad.
Whatever the outcome & whatever's thrown at city I can guarantee you 1 thing it won't bother the arabs 1 iota it'll be the people at the bottom that bear the brunt, whether it be man city or Macclesfield town everybody who could potentially lose their jobs through no fault of their own will receive my sympathy. Personally I'd like more control from the outset so things are nipped in the bud straightaway instead of spiraling out of control, situations like this & others shouldn't be allowed to develop in the first place.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:41 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:44 am
But I do because most haven’t a clue what’s going on.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:57 am

I don’t pretend to have the answer but there should be a way of punishing the offenders not the club, because the club is not its owners any more than Burnley FC is Alan Pace. Owners are simply temporary custodians. Man City will exist long after the Arabs have gone.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:03 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:45 pm
I don’t pretend to have the answer but there should be a way of punishing the offenders not the club, because the club is not its owners any more than Burnley FC is Alan Pace. Owners are simply temporary custodians. Man City will exist long after the Arabs have gone.
But it's the clubs who ultimately benefit from the rules being broken, as it allows them to achieve things. (In Portsmouth's case to win the FA.Cup). Why should the likes of Leicester & Portsmouth not be punished if they have gained an unfair advantage and gone onto win things that would never have been possible had they stuck to the same rules that that most other clubs have done?

Why should only the owners be punished when the team on the pitch - and supporters enjoy a level of success that's only ever possible by cheating?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:09 pm

Spijed wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:03 pm
But it's the clubs who ultimately benefit from the rules being broken, as it allows them to achieve things. (In Portsmouth's case to win the FA.Cup). Why should the likes of Leicester & Portsmouth not be punished if they have gained an unfair advantage and gone onto win things that would never have been possible had they stuck to the same rules that that most other clubs have done?

Why should only the owners be punished when the team on the pitch - and supporters enjoy a level of success that's only ever possible by cheating?
Portsmouth didn't break any rules they went into admin and got punished for it.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:10 pm

Spijed wrote:

But it’s false success if need be retrospectively strip that said club of the honours/trophies earned by foul means don’t punish the people that haven’t done anything wrong. Go after the main targets & deal with them independently.
This user liked this post: houseboy

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:50 pm

Spijed wrote:

The problem there is absolutely no way of knowing that they won anything because of financial cheating. I agree that there may well be a connection and very probably is but I think anyone would have a hell of a time actually proving it. Probably does cut it in law.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:02 pm

Make that ‘doesn’t’ in the above. Noticed it too late to edit. 😊

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:07 pm

It is ok having sympathy for fans ans staff at punished clubs but what about the fans of clubs that missed out and indeed staff of other clubs that were cut because they club didn't make Europe, there is always somebody else missing out or paying the price of not achieving success that would have legitimately been theirs - these are not victimless issues

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:04 pm

What’s that sound I can hear?

Oh it’s just the lawyers rubbing their hands together.

northernpowerhouse
Been Liked: 87 times
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by northernpowerhouse » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:13 pm

houseboy wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:50 pm
The problem there is absolutely no way of knowing that they won anything because of financial cheating. I agree that there may well be a connection and very probably is but I think anyone would have a hell of a time actually proving it. Probably does cut it in law.
I don't think you need to prove it. When Calciopoli happened it wasn't proven that Juventus won the league because of match-fixing. But they were still stripped of the title because they cheated.

It's the same with doping in sport. It can't necessarily be proven that an athlete won a race because of taking an illegal substance but it doesn't matter, they still lose their medals.

If City cheated they cheated, they should lose all those trophies.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:51 pm

northernpowerhouse wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:13 pm
I don't think you need to prove it. When Calciopoli happened it wasn't proven that Juventus won the league because of match-fixing. But they were still stripped of the title because they cheated.

It's the same with doping in sport. It can't necessarily be proven that an athlete won a race because of taking an illegal substance but it doesn't matter, they still lose their medals.

If City cheated they cheated, they should lose all those trophies.
Just a thought. How far back does this go? Would they be stripped of all trophies since PL or just those where they have been proven to have cheated? I don’t actually think, whatever we believe should happen, that punishment would be so draconian.
Some on here have suggested that if it meant the demise of a club (any club) so be it but that would surely be destroying an old established football club because of the behaviour of a tiny handful of people over a short very period of time. To me that is like hanging someone for burglary.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:26 pm

houseboy wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:51 pm
Just a thought. How far back does this go? Would they be stripped of all trophies since PL or just those where they have been proven to have cheated? I don’t actually think, whatever we believe should happen, that punishment would be so draconian.
Some on here have suggested that if it meant the demise of a club (any club) so be it but that would surely be destroying an old established football club because of the behaviour of a tiny handful of people over a short very period of time. To me that is like hanging someone for burglary.
Since the Saudis took over, so the potential is there for them to lose all PL titles

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:23 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:26 pm
Since the Saudis took over, so the potential is there for them to lose all PL titles
Newcastle haven't won anything yet unless I've missed it! Sorry couldn't resist. Its Abu Dhabi. Arabs though.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:29 pm

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:35 pm

Tbf Kompany isn't exactly impartial when it comes to City!

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:35 pm

This made me laugh, a lot
Attachments
AF0C98D0-3191-4CA1-801F-07CD8355182F.jpeg
AF0C98D0-3191-4CA1-801F-07CD8355182F.jpeg (201.09 KiB) Viewed 734 times

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:57 pm

Our historical goal difference record would suddenly improve dramatically !

Tbh I’ve always liked City - used to go on regularly hosting customers in the corporate box at Maine Road. That was under the days of Franny Lee and Peter Swailes (both pretty nasty characters)

But what they have done in the last 10 years or so is just plain cheating. They knew it, everybody in football knew it and worst of all the authorities did too and it’s wrong that they have taken so long to get to the bottom of something so blatant and obvious.

I think punishing them excessively is unfair on a couple of fronts. As VK quite rightly points out the rest of football is far from innocent. If City are punished so should the likes of PSG, Real Madrid, Barca and Chelsea.
It’s also unfair for the fans if the punishment is too harsh - stripping titles is not really necessary. What it Chelsea were awarded one of those titles for example ? And in 5 years or so when UEFA get round to it Chelsea are also found guilty ?

For me a fair punishment would be relegation to division 2 and a strict transfer embargo and salary budget cap so that they cannot just buy each division. Plenty of city fans still about who remember fondly being in division one not that long ago…..they can relive the good times !

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2195 times
Has Liked: 2176 times

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:01 pm

If they're found guilty, does it mean all our 5-0 defeats there are expunged? 🤞

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times

Post by Firthy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:23 pm

If found guilty what punishment can you give that is fair. You can't punish the owners by putting them in prison and a fine no matter how big is pointless. You can't strip them of the titles they won, that is unfair on the players.

The only punishment that is fair and effective is a massive points deduction or relegation.

claret59
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by claret59 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:44 pm

This is already relegated to being yesterdays news 'Lets forget this and Move on' will be the policy 'moving forward.' You only have to remember the like of Wimbledon ( a first division team at the time,) to move to Milton Keynes ( who had their own non-league team,) to see how easy it is to bend the rules. Leicester allowed to leave hundreds of debtors unpaid and take over a new ground, to see how corrupt and untouchable football can be in the upper echelons.Newcastle being taken over by a morally corrupt State is another one. No-one questions it now, indeed they congratulate them in their success! Qatar hosting world cup venue despite its human rights accord and untold number killed during construction work. The team I support being one of many chained to the Betting firms.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:56 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:01 pm
If they're found guilty, does it mean all our 5-0 defeats there are expunged? 🤞
Those stay on the record because as you know, no one likes us.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:03 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:26 pm
Does anyone really believe that would happen though. I don’t know what can happen legally or otherwise but I have never heard of a football club being stripped of trophies over a period of years, it may have happened but I don’t know of it. I simply cannot see it happening. Points deductions are possible but we are talking about a club that could probably buy the PL itself (or at least it’s owners could). City’s owners have wealth beyond the dreams of avarice and power that comes with that. Maybe I’m just a cynic but I think City will get a slap on the wrist and told to behave in future.