Incident on Yorkshire Street tonight

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Incident on Yorkshire Street tonight

Post by Vintage Claret » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:58 pm

Walking to the ground about 7.30 tonight we saw a gentleman in front of us suddenly collapse forward and bang his face on the pavement, obviously suffering some kind of sudden medical episode.

His companions immediately rang for an ambulance and several people came to help so we didn't linger at the scene

Just wondering if anyone might have also seen what happened and/or may know how the person concerned is doing - really hope he is ok :-(
These 2 users liked this post: strayclaret RicardoMontalban

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 288 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Re: Incident on Yorkshire Street tonight

Post by RicardoMontalban » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:09 am

Maybe wishing the gentleman well and a bit of sympathy is the way forward here, not creepy insinuation. Just a thought.
These 4 users liked this post: Darnhill Claret AGENT_CLARET Jjjack 4midable

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 428 times
Has Liked: 365 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:04 am

Hope the gentleman and friends are OK.

Some people are plain weird.

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 367 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:36 am

Hoping that he is okay. Sounds like he was being helped well by those with him.

Vintage Claret

Post by Vintage Claret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:26 am

RicardoMontalban wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:09 am
Maybe wishing the gentleman well and a bit of sympathy is the way forward here, not creepy insinuation. Just a thought.
Hope that isn't aimed at me as I posted out of genuine concern as to the gentleman's condition :-(

Has there been a reply after my original post that's been deleted?

ClaretInLeeds
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:38 am

Does anyone have an update on the health of the individual? Or is it just the tin foil hat brigade chirping up?

Vintage Claret

Post by Vintage Claret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:49 am

Thanks AD, it happened just in front of your dad and me and it didn't look good.

Couldn't get it out of my mind after that so was just hoping for some positive news on the outcome for the person concerned.
Last edited by Vintage Claret on Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

claretsforever
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by claretsforever » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:51 am

My friend was helping the fella with tissue as had couple of cuts but he was alert and was with couple members of his family and as my friend left him st john ambulance people was coming to treat him hope he was OK as like say he was alert
These 3 users liked this post: Vintage Claret ClaretInLeeds RicardoMontalban

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:32 am

I passed the incident and the guy was on the floor and clearly shaken and injured, but loads of people were already helping him and he looked like he was going to be OK.
These 3 users liked this post: basil6345789 Vintage Claret Bosscat

Vintage Claret

Post by Vintage Claret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:44 am

That's good to hear Dark Cloud, thanks for the update.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:09 am

This has reminded me about something I dealt with only recently.

I got flagged down over Xmas whilst out on patrol to be told there was a medical emergency in the street literally around the corner.

A lady had been out with her husband doing a bit of shopping and they were about to have some food. It was her birthday.

The husband popped home to freshen up for 5 minutes, and the lady stayed out to do a bit more shopping. In that brief time, she collapsed unexpectedly, and despite our best efforts to save her, she was pronounced dead at the scene.

As the husband, how on earth do you even begin to process something like that? One minute you’re with your wife on her birthday, the next minute she is gone. And there’s absolutely
nothing that can be done about it.

Glad to hear this gentleman is ok.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:32 am

It was my mates Dad, had a text to say he's OK.
These 18 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie HiThere Lancasterclaret IanMcL mkmel Juan Tanamera Vintage Claret Colburn_Claret Bob Lorder longsidepies gawthorpe_view Bosscat tiger76 martin_p Houseclaret ŽižkovClaret ClaretInLeeds Smilerfromupnorth

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:36 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:32 am
It was my mates Dad, had a text to say he's OK.

Good to hear

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:51 am

Hope he got to the match then!

KnowTheScore
Been Liked: 5 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by KnowTheScore » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:24 pm

He's fine now except for a few bad bruises. Thanks to all those who stopped to help and showed concern. One lady in particular stayed with us until the ambulance came and was absolutely brilliant. He didn't make the game but at least got to annoy a few in Blackburn A&E with his Burnley scarf. Thanks again, UTC
These 5 users liked this post: Houseclaret Vintage Claret ŽižkovClaret Colburn_Claret Smilerfromupnorth

Casper2
Been Liked: 215 times
Has Liked: 63 times

Post by Casper2 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:27 pm

Maybe a seizure, if so needs to be looked at urgently.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:28 pm

KnowTheScore wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:24 pm
He's fine now except for a few bad bruises. Thanks to all those who stopped to help and showed concern. One lady in particular stayed with us until the ambulance came and was absolutely brilliant. He didn't make the game but at least got to annoy a few in Blackburn A&E with his Burnley scarf. Thanks again, UTC
Glad to hear all is good (well as good as it can be) ... 🙂

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:52 am

First and most importantly good to hear all appears well………….hopefully back on The Turf asap.

Secondly reminds me how times have changed- many years ago, Scunthorpe away in the cup midweek, freezing cold. An old guy, next to his wife, motionless in his seat pre-KO.

A quick shout, stewards etc ran to help, carried him down the few steps to a stretcher clearly doing CPR etc……..fans comforting the old lady etc……….then the St J ambulance team wheeled him away, no one really sure of the outcome.

With no internet etc, no one knew anymore.

A few weeks later, he had a letter published in the Burnley Express thanking everyone, saying he was ok!!

Alls well that ends well, and well done to those who helped the other night.

Smilerfromupnorth
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Smilerfromupnorth » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:13 pm

KnowTheScore wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:24 pm
Hey! I am so pleased to read this, haven't been able to stop thinking about your dad since I left you the other night. What a trooper he is, all he was bothered about was getting onto the Turf. Hope he'll be making it on tomorrow to watch PNE! Please pass on my best wishes to him. Emma x
This user liked this post: Claret Till I Die

Loyal Supporter
Been Liked: 41 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Loyal Supporter » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:05 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:09 am
This has reminded me about something I dealt with only recently.

I got flagged down over Xmas whilst out on patrol to be told there was a medical emergency in the street literally around the corner.

A lady had been out with her husband doing a bit of shopping and they were about to have some food. It was her birthday.

The husband popped home to freshen up for 5 minutes, and the lady stayed out to do a bit more shopping. In that brief time, she collapsed unexpectedly, and despite our best efforts to save her, she was pronounced dead at the scene.

As the husband, how on earth do you even begin to process something like that? One minute you’re with your wife on her birthday, the next minute she is gone. And there’s absolutely
nothing that can be done about it.

Glad to hear this gentleman is ok.
I am only aware of you being a member of the police force on this forum and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service to the public. The police are heavily criticised at times, for doing an, at times, impossible job. Thank you.
This user liked this post: HollandsPies

woody
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by woody » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:13 pm

Jimmymaccer wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:52 am
First and most importantly good to hear all appears well………….hopefully back on The Turf asap.

Secondly reminds me how times have changed- many years ago, Scunthorpe away in the cup midweek, freezing cold. An old guy, next to his wife, motionless in his seat pre-KO.

A quick shout, stewards etc ran to help, carried him down the few steps to a stretcher clearly doing CPR etc……..fans comforting the old lady etc……….then the St J ambulance team wheeled him away, no one really sure of the outcome.

With no internet etc, no one knew anymore.

A few weeks later, he had a letter published in the Burnley Express thanking everyone, saying he was ok!!

Alls well that ends well, and well done to those who helped the other night.
That was my dad. The medics and hospital did a fantastic job. Basically if he’d had that heart attack anywhere else where the help wasn’t so quick he wouldn’t have survived. He went on to have a bypass and managed to watch the Clarets for another 8 years before his heart eventually got the better of him. Must say the club were great to.