Man U v Leeds

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Re: Man U v Leeds

Post by Devils_Advocate » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:14 pm

Great point for Leeds and with three really poor teams in the bottom three all with weak managers then I can't see to much for Leeds to worry about this season. Get a good manager in and they should be looking at top 12 minimum next season.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:16 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:14 pm
Great point for Leeds and with three really poor teams in the bottom three all with weak managers then I can't see to much for Leeds to worry about this season. Get a good manager in and they should be looking at top 12 minimum next season.
Twelve managers a season. Perhaps ;)
This user liked this post: Bosscat

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1823 times
Has Liked: 3948 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:21 pm

I find it completely bizarre that some supposed Burnley supporters seem to be taking pleasure from Weghorst not having a good game.
The better he does at Man U in the months ahead the greater will be his value when he moves on somewhere at the end of the season.
The more we get for him the more money we have for further incomings.
Surely that's not difficult to understand?
These 2 users liked this post: Stalbansclaret frankinwales

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:28 pm

Weghorst is playing far better than his reviews. Tonight was his worst performance but he had zero service. When he has played well he has pressed all across the pitch, when it’s played in to feet he has taken it in and found a team mate, he has taken up good positions in the box(he is constantly on the move) but they just won’t feed him.
I would have had Garnacho subbed after 20mins. Was stunned he came out second half and he then led directly to DLs second.
At least they took two points back from them.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:15 am

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:28 pm
Weghorst is playing far better than his reviews. Tonight was his worst performance but he had zero service. When he has played well he has pressed all across the pitch, when it’s played in to feet he has taken it in and found a team mate, he has taken up good positions in the box(he is constantly on the move) but they just won’t feed him.
I would have had Garnacho subbed after 20mins. Was stunned he came out second half and he then led directly to DLs second.
At least they took two points back from them.
The guy on SSN said they put 4 crosses into the box within minutes of Wout getting subbed. They didn't put any in when he was playing.
The days when Fergie had Utd at the top, they played with 2 top wingers and a target man. How many CFs, Lukaku et al, have suffered from the same reluctance to put the damn ball in the box.
On another note re Rashford, he is a lot like Tella, he isn't a winger, he never has been, despite multiple ex Man U managers playing him there. His strength is playing through the middle, and when allowed to do so he scores a bag full. All this talk of him finding form is ********, he's just playing where he always should have done.
Hopefully Tella will be down the middle, playing off Barnes on Saturday.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:35 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:15 am
The guy on SSN said they put 4 crosses into the box within minutes of Wout getting subbed. They didn't put any in when he was playing.
The days when Fergie had Utd at the top, they played with 2 top wingers and a target man. How many CFs, Lukaku et al, have suffered from the same reluctance to put the damn ball in the box.
I watched the game and they were awful. As you say not a single cross from Rashford or Garnacho, I’d have hooked him very early, but as soon as the subs came on they pinged crosses in and Rashford scored off the third.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret