Fury V Usyk

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LONDONCLARET23
Been Liked: 23 times

Fury V Usyk

Post by LONDONCLARET23 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:13 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on it?

I think I've said this on here before that I follow boxing as much as football.

Alarm bells are ringing for me that neither fighter, but I mean Fury really, is leaving themselves the equisite 10 - 12 weeks in a training camp and are rushing to get a stadium booked to lock in the cash potential.

Tyson always needs to shift weight and I worry he, for want of better vernacular, will come in as a bit of a fat mess on the night. Make no mistake, Usyk's pedigree is pretty much unrivalled in the history of the sport. A stroried, decorated, amateur and pro career and has the techinical capability to hold Fury at range and box his face off.

Milltown1882
Been Liked: 1102 times
Has Liked: 854 times

Re: Fury V Usyk

Post by Milltown1882 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:17 pm

LONDONCLARET23 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:13 pm

Alarm bells are ringing for me that neither fighter, but I mean Fury really, is leaving themselves the equisite 10 - 12 weeks in a training camp and are rushing to get a stadium booked to lock in the cash potential.

Tyson always needs to shift weight and I worry he, for want of better vernacular, will come in as a bit of a fat mess on the night. Make no mistake, Usyk's pedigree is pretty much unrivalled in the history of the sport. A stroried, decorated, amateur and pro career and has the techinical capability to hold Fury at range and box his face off.
0 chance it happens. Fury probably surprised somebody has actually called his bluff and is giving him a bit back and the Fury’s constantly moving the goalposts.

I miss when the best fought the best without all these petty games

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:30 pm

The only thing that will keep fury at range will be his unwillingness to get hit. Usyk most definitely will NOT “box his face off”. I believe keeping Usyk at range will be a major game plan by Furys corner.

Fury is too big, and too strong for usyk. Be like a true heavyweight matched with a super middleweight.

Usyk hasn’t faced anyone like fury in his career.

LONDONCLARET23
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by LONDONCLARET23 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:37 pm

Milltown1882 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:17 pm
0 chance it happens. Fury probably surprised somebody has actually called his bluff and is giving him a bit back and the Fury’s constantly moving the goalposts.

I miss when the best fought the best without all these petty games
Fair

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:47 pm

No way is Fury heading into this undercooked, he’s not daft. He will have bene training in good shape for sure.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:56 pm

Fury will just keep fighting Chisora until he retires.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:58 pm

Fury will uppercut Usyk to oblivion.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 pm

Both have been training, I’m leaning towards Fury but I’ll probably change my mind a few times yet.

Exciting fight though, British fans should all get behind him.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:58 pm
Fury will uppercut Usyk to oblivion.
That would first require Fury to be in the ring with Usyk. I think there's more chance of me being granted a licence to fight Usyk than the Fury fight happening because Fury is a chickenshit.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:01 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 pm
Exciting fight though, British fans should all get behind him.
Wankers will get behind Fury. Everyone else will be behind Usyk.
This user liked this post: Stockbrokerbelt

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:02 pm

Really bored of The Fury’s and their antics.

Think there’s a reason why the AJ fight never got made.

IF (big if) this happens then I hope Usyk does him

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:04 pm

Spiral wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 pm
That would first require Fury to be in the ring with Usyk. I think there's more chance of me being granted a licence to fight Usyk than the Fury fight happening because Fury is a chickenshit.
Fury has fought everyone. He is twice the size. He just doesn't actually have to fight anyone.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:05 pm

Who’s been drinking tonight 😂

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:06 pm

It will happen and both are training make no mistake about it. Fury is trying to play his usual mind games but Usyk is so bad **** crazy anyway that it won’t make any difference.

Usyk is the better more technical fighter no question but he has to get into range first and I think Fury’s sheer size and weight will be a huge problem for Usyk. If Fury can’t control the fight at range he will walk Usyk down and maul him. I think Usyk will look very good for the first half then his tank will be too low to keep a 20 stone giant off him.

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:09 pm

People are going to be upset when this fight happens. All the Joshua sympathisers will have to pipe down.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:09 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:06 pm
It will happen and both are training make no mistake about it. Fury is trying to play his usual mind games but Usyk is so bad **** crazy anyway that it won’t make any difference.

Usyk is the better more technical fighter no question but he has to get into range first and I think Fury’s sheer size and weight will be a huge problem for Usyk. If Fury can’t control the fight at range he will walk Usyk down and maul him. I think Usyk will look very good for the first half then his tank will be too low to keep a 20 stone giant off him.
Pretty much how everyone predicted the Joshua fight would go, but then Usyk just never stopped going.
This user liked this post: Milltown1882

Gunfury
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Gunfury » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:15 pm

I think it will be quite a boring fight to be honest

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 130 times
Has Liked: 37 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:18 pm

Won't happen. More nonsense from Fury. There's no contract to sign. Social media blackout. He will be back on there melting by weekend. He's become a joke. People can see right through his rubbish.

Ziang Vs Joyce. Now that's a fight.

Caballo
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 431 times

Post by Caballo » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:21 pm

LONDONCLARET23 wrote:
Usyk's pedigree is pretty much unrivalled in the history of the sport. A stroried, decorated, amateur and pro career and has the techinical capability to hold Fury at range and box his face off.
Not sure how you hold someone at range that has a 7 (yes that's seven) inch reach advantage.
These 2 users liked this post: bobinho SammyBoy

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:24 pm

Tough one to call for me. Both top class boxers.

Shaggy
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 148 times

Post by Shaggy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:29 pm

Spiral wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:09 pm
Pretty much how everyone predicted the Joshua fight would go, but then Usyk just never stopped going.
No one who knows anything about boxing was predicting Joshua to do anything against Usyk. Joshua is a 1 dimensional bully who’s sheer physical ability ( and clever matchmaking ) has dragged him as far as he has.

Fury is different gravy, his footwork and defence especially up close are very good especially for his size. Plus Fury is well
Proven to go the distance without fading.

I’d like Usyk to win but being objective I can’t see it. Sometimes you meet someone who is just too big too handle

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:46 pm

Shaggy wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:29 pm
No one who knows anything about boxing was predicting Joshua to do anything against Usyk. Joshua is a 1 dimensional bully who’s sheer physical ability ( and clever matchmaking ) has dragged him as far as he has.

Fury is different gravy, his footwork and defence especially up close are very good especially for his size. Plus Fury is well
Proven to go the distance without fading.

I’d like Usyk to win but being objective I can’t see it. Sometimes you meet someone who is just too big too handle
People knew Usyk was technically sound, but he'd just come up from cruiserweight, and I remember from watching it unfold over the months, even though there were question marks over Joshua's technical ability, the narrative was all about how Usyk would really be pushed to his limits against a fighter as big as Joshua, but Usyk's stamina, workrate and form in the later rounds astonished everyone. Nobody thought Usyk would be so composed in the latter rounds at heavyweight. Joshua even tried (and failed) to show he could box in that fight, I think he wanted to shake off the bodybuilder idea people have about him, but even when it because clear his tactics weren't brilliant, he always had his natural size advantage and power to fall back on, and he still couldn't do anything with it against Usyk, who was so composed.

Usky just seems a more positive fighter than Fury which will help him with the scorecards (assuming the thing happens, which I'm not), and I think he's athletically and technically sound enough to manage so much weight being put on him. I can see a points victory for Usyk. If Fury knew he could smash him he wouldn't be running from him. Even Fury's own fans are getting sick of it, and can tell the difference between his usual shithousery, and this, which is just plain ducking.

Gp8419
Been Liked: 93 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by Gp8419 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:22 am

Shocked by the amount of anti fury supporters on here, really like the fella.I personally think Joshua peed fury off for years when he was in the box seat demanding that he took the bigger cut of money etc.now it’s turned round fury is getting his own back giving his mate delboy a payday, it was all a two finger salute to Joshua imo. Rightly so! There is no point in it happening now aj and fury we know who wins.. These two are technically two of the best but the bigger man wins fury is cute who puts his whole weight advantage on you in the clinches it drains you eventually. Reason why wilder bombed out a couple of times he was knackered he’s physically and mentally draining is fury one of a kind.
This user liked this post: welsbyswife

Caballo
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 431 times

Post by Caballo » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:35 am

Spiral wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:46 pm
People knew Usyk was technically sound, but he'd just come up from cruiserweight, and I remember from watching it unfold over the months, even though there were question marks over Joshua's technical ability, the narrative was all about how Usyk would really be pushed to his limits against a fighter as big as Joshua, but Usyk's stamina, workrate and form in the later rounds astonished everyone. Nobody thought Usyk would be so composed in the latter rounds at heavyweight. Joshua even tried (and failed) to show he could box in that fight, I think he wanted to shake off the bodybuilder idea people have about him, but even when it because clear his tactics weren't brilliant, he always had his natural size advantage and power to fall back on, and he still couldn't do anything with it against Usyk, who was so composed.

Usky just seems a more positive fighter than Fury which will help him with the scorecards (assuming the thing happens, which I'm not), and I think he's athletically and technically sound enough to manage so much weight being put on him. I can see a points victory for Usyk. If Fury knew he could smash him he wouldn't be running from him. Even Fury's own fans are getting sick of it, and can tell the difference between his usual shithousery, and this, which is just plain ducking.

Joshua did have a size advantage but failed to use it, instead opting to try and box the technically better Usyk. Chisora tried to put his weight, not strictly size advantage on Usyk and largely succeeded (in relative terms).
After the last 2 Wilder and then the Chisora contests I can't have it that Fury isn't a 'positive' fighter, as he's slowing down he's become more aggressive and I think he's just going to be too big and technically capable to lose to someone that will we going backwards that's giving away a 7 inch each advantage.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:50 am

The fight has to happen for boxings sake. You can't have the heavy weight champion gobbing off and ducking fights against the best challengers. Usyk called his bluff, fair play, he's even won the mind games.

Should be a good fight and will test both boxers to the limit.

redcloud203
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by redcloud203 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:27 am

Usyk is a class fighter and a genuine warrior - to come up from cruiserweight and win the heavyweight crown is some achievement , but I think Fury will beat him due to his size , power and reach advantage .

Fury is a worthy heavyweight boxing champ - just wish he would cut out some of his over the top mind game garbage - find it tedious at best- but that seems to be him and I'm sure we will hear more of it for the next few years . can't see him losing or retiring for a while yet

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:23 pm

Don't forget a 7 inch reach advantage is really 3 and a half inches. (×2)

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:44 pm

Fury hates slippery fighters, which is what Usyk is. Even though you can't trust a word that comes out of his mouth, by his own admission his hardest fight was against Steve Cunningham, who was also a slippery, classy cruiserweight stepping up. He knocked Fury down and kept slipping away from Fury when he tried walking him down, eventually being knocked out by Fury. Usyk dominated the cruiserweight division like Cunningham didn't, and you'd think him a tougher opponent for Fury.

4midable
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by 4midable » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:51 pm

LONDONCLARET23 wrote:

What have i just read

Fury will out box, out muscle and destroy a man half his size.

willsclarets
Been Liked: 680 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:07 pm

Gp8419 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:22 am
Shocked by the amount of anti fury supporters on here, really like the fella.I personally think Joshua peed fury off for years when he was in the box seat demanding that he took the bigger cut of money etc.now it’s turned round fury is getting his own back giving his mate delboy a payday, it was all a two finger salute to Joshua imo. Rightly so! There is no point in it happening now aj and fury we know who wins.. These two are technically two of the best but the bigger man wins fury is cute who puts his whole weight advantage on you in the clinches it drains you eventually. Reason why wilder bombed out a couple of times he was knackered he’s physically and mentally draining is fury one of a kind.
He's an unbelievable boxer but he's full of crap. "I'll give away my purse" etc, giving AJ a completely unrealistic timeframe to make a fight, 70/30 split on a unified fight. And although he's brilliant I don't think he's quite as untouchable as some would think.

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 308 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:11 pm

This is heavy weight boxing. A tub of lard knocked Anthony Joshua spark out.....!

Furey is the the bigger man and a good boxer but Usyk is also quality fighter. So, you'd go for Furey with a hint of reservation because you never know.

blake's wand
Been Liked: 54 times

Post by blake's wand » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:21 pm

I think Fury wins this easily although probably drags it out a bit. Usyk doest have the power at heavyweight to KO (last 3 HW fights all gone the distance). Fury is just in a league of his own IMO. Still be a fantastic watch

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 177 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:28 am

The fight is off according to Usyk promoter who blames Tyson Fury for wanting to much . Fancy that.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:37 am

Didn't they agree 70/30 split in Fury's favour and got rid of th rematch clause?

Anyone else thinking fury doesn't want to fight him?

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 177 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:49 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:37 am
Didn't they agree 70/30 split in Fury's favour and got rid of th rematch clause?

Something a miss somewhere, but I suppose he could fight is best mate Del boy again.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:03 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:37 am

Just a bit.

Fury has tainted his legacy, imo.

For the guy that literally built a persona/massive following off the phrase, ‘I’d rather have a legacy than money’ he sure seems to prefer the money over a legacy.

This is why mma is so popular now, where the best routinely fight the best and the fans are never left short.

At least we have the Garcia x Davis fight to look forward to
This user liked this post: JLR81

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:06 pm

Will wait to see what transpires in the coming days but again this doesn’t look good on Fury, although I don’t think he’ll give a stuff.

I’m a big fan of his too.

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 192 times

Post by bumba » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:56 pm

Listened to both promoters earlier on talksport who both blamed the fighters. Usyk has called the fight off that's from his promoter.
Fury apparently won't give Usyk more money for the rematch, that's from Frank Warren.
Sounds simple to sort agree to a 50/50 split on the rematch

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:30 pm

Fury doesn't want to agree to a rematch clause I read online somewhere.

JLR81
Been Liked: 32 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by JLR81 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:21 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:03 pm

At least we have the Garcia x Davis fight to look forward to
yes! god yes. we are deprived of big entertaining fights atm, but Garcia-Davis should be special

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:49 am

If both fighters really wanted to get into the ring they would no matter about the money involved.

Pity it now looks like this fight won't happen, although in boxing you can never be certain.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:59 am

Fury is a fraud, I remember him saying he would donate his entire purse from the Wilder fight to charity, a complete lie. Then he says he would fight AJ for free, if the fans could all come for free, whilst he's arguing %s on a fight with Usyk, utter horse shite.

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:06 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:59 am
Fury is a fraud, I remember him saying he would donate his entire purse from the Wilder fight to charity, a complete lie. Then he says he would fight AJ for free, if the fans could all come for free, whilst he's arguing %s on a fight with Usyk, utter horse shite.
Joshua is fighting Franklin looooool.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1147 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:12 pm

CFS wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:06 pm
Franklin Bruno ?

CFS

Post by CFS » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:40 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:12 pm
Franklin Bruno ?
Not sure but apparently he's some pub fighter.

JLR81
Been Liked: 32 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by JLR81 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:24 am

CFS wrote:
TBF Jermain Franklin lost a tight, maybe dodgy, points decision to Whyte and looked decent, but yeah its still a step down for AJ. Maybe AJ's had his moment, maybe yet another new trainer can get something extra out of him. He wasn't bad in the second fight v Usyk, he was just beaten by a better boxer.
Usyk v Dubois is a waste of time, such a one sided beat-down. I feel for Joe Joyce, who absolutely battered Dubois and has not made any progress at all while Dubois is now mandatory for Usyk's belt.
Big fights not getting made is a bit of a joke, boxing is a murky and frustrating businesses - i wish the organisation's would take power away from the fighters and promoters and set the fights and purses and terms etc themselves.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:10 am

CFS wrote:
What does Joshua fighting Franklin have to do with Fury lying about donating his entire purse to charity? Franklin would beat this version of Chisora comfortably, AJ is coming off the back of 2 straight losses, he needs to take a step back to go forward.

CFS

Post by CFS » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:42 am

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:10 am
What does Joshua fighting Franklin have to do with Fury lying about donating his entire purse to charity? Franklin would beat this version of Chisora comfortably, AJ is coming off the back of 2 straight losses, he needs to take a step back to go forward.
Meaning it's worse him fighting Franklin than Tyson lying about giving money to charity.

Vincent'sCap
Been Liked: 239 times

Post by Vincent'sCap » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:43 am

Fury is probably the best around at this time,any other era and he wouldn't have got a smell of being a World Champion.

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:43 pm

Saw Jordan vs Hearn recently. I’ve got the impression the Fury camp is ducking this fight.