Standing at the front

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Re: Standing at the front

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:59 pm

Billy Balfour wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:27 pm
If your behaviour impacts negatively on those sat around you, then you're a bellend. That's all there is to it. No ifs or buts.
It's not that simple plenty of ifs & buts, intention plays a massive part & some people genuinely don't realise, some people do need to be made aware if they actions are causing distress & discomfort, people shouldn't remain silent let people know not all people are mindreaders or self aware it is partly ignorance but not malicious ignorance they know no better.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:56 pm
I didn`t actually mean I wish them good luck that sounds bad :(

Something definitely needs doing about them fidel :? but what ...
There won't be an easy solution to what is a much wider societal problem.

But currently nothing (or very close to nothing) is being done about it and something needs to be done about it.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:52 pm

buzzclarets79 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:23 pm
Not sure if it would be possible, but maybe when away tickets are allocated by teams, when the seat plan goes up a certain area could be shown as say “family area” say 6-10 rows where families could then select their seats in that area. It be quite a small amount but could prove helpful. Just thinkin on the fly.
Absolutely agree. I was there with my niece and nephew. I don't actually think they enjoyed any of it. Surrounded by selfish neanderthals, who couldn't give a monkeys if anyone else around them had any enjoyment or view whatsoever. It's become the norm at away games and I don't take my kids who are younger than their cousins, as a result.

Reserving an area at the front for those with kids seems like a no brainer to me

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:31 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:59 pm
It's not that simple plenty of ifs & buts, intention plays a massive part & some people genuinely don't realise, some people do need to be made aware if they actions are causing distress & discomfort, people shouldn't remain silent let people know not all people are mindreaders or self aware it is partly ignorance but not malicious ignorance they know no better.
Which is fine if you get a reasoned response.

I’ve seen it many times over the years, the response isn’t usually reasoned, it’s usually aggressive and abusive.

Should a bloke and his son have to face a torrent of abuse for asking to be able to see the game?

What is perhaps worse is that some people feel unable to even ask because they’re worried about the reaction that they’ll face. I can see why some would choose to stay quiet when it’s one bloke and his young son versus a group of coked up, ****** up idiots.

cricketfield73
Been Liked: 422 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by cricketfield73 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:42 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:31 pm

I’ve seen it many times over the years, the response isn’t usually reasoned, it’s usually aggressive and abusive.

Should a bloke and his son have to face a torrent of abuse for asking to be able to see the game?

What is perhaps worse is that some people feel unable to even ask because they’re worried about the reaction that they’ll face. I can see why some would choose to stay quiet when it’s one bloke and his young son versus a group of coked up, ****** up idiots.
Unfortunately I agree that this 100% is the case, though certain posters on here's response to that would be that the hypothetical Dad you cite should 'grow a pair' or make some hilarious quip like 'he should take up knitting'.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:45 pm

cricketfield73 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:42 pm
Unfortunately I agree that this 100% is the case, though certain posters on here's response to that would be that the hypothetical Dad you cite should 'grow a pair' or make some hilarious quip like 'he should take up knitting'.
Guaranteed that plenty will think he should grow a pair, without an ounce of consideration that hypothetical Dad has weighed things up and thinks avoiding bother would be far better / safer for him and his young son.

I’m not saying we have more scrotes than other clubs but we have a lot!
This user liked this post: cricketfield73

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:56 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:31 pm

I'm clearly talking about the occasions where nothimg gets said & people don't know, on a case to case basis I'm not endorsing people just wading in with demands but you can reasonably assess the approachability with some people & politely ask & get them complying with your request. You are using extreme examples in your scenario which isn't necessarily applicable all of the time.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 666 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:02 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:43 pm
Sadly this seems to be a lot of away games in recent times (not just FA Cup QF`s look at Blackpool away etc) ... People too drunk/drugged up to stand, falling over on others and injuring themselves (or others) ...

I cannot see what pleasure anyone gains from this sort behaviour but if it floats their boat good luck to them all
Been on a few away games this season where groups of young lads have been stood in my seat (and the seats of others) and have been affronted and very aggressive when asked to move. Never come across this phenomenon before and like you say it makes for an unpleasant experience.

Presume they buy tickets individually but then all attempt to spend the game together.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:12 pm

JohnDearyMe wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:02 pm
Been on a few away games this season where groups of young lads have been stood in my seat (and the seats of others) and have been affronted and very aggressive when asked to move. Never come across this phenomenon before and like you say it makes for an unpleasant experience.

Presume they buy tickets individually but then all attempt to spend the game together.
In the Cup match v Fleetwood Town this season, there were a group who came and sat/stood in front of us ... in NU3 on the front row A (we are in row C) ... They moved when the people arrived who's seats they were stood in front of arrived and wanted to take their seats (season ticket holders) ... luckily they were reasonable when asked to move by the steward ... but we have seen it a lot different at away games in the past ...
This user liked this post: JohnDearyMe