Foster

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Re: Foster

Post by claretspice » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:07 pm

NRC wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:01 pm
Why pick on Foster? Let’s examine the fans’ darling Zaroury, whom we all adore…. But he was completely anonymous yesterday. Forming an opinion against City is the stupidest benchmark
Whilst i agree re Foster that's not really fair re Zaroury. Not everything came off, but he produced 2 telling through balls in the first half that produced chances, and one lovely left footed cross in the second. Given the circumstances that's a decent return.

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:13 pm

NRC wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:01 pm
Why pick on Foster? Let’s examine the fans’ darling Zaroury, whom we all adore…. But he was completely anonymous yesterday. Forming an opinion against City is the stupidest benchmark
Who has formed an opinion of him based just on yesterday?

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:46 pm

claretspice wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:07 pm
Whilst i agree re Foster that's not really fair re Zaroury. Not everything came off, but he produced 2 telling through balls in the first half that produced chances, and one lovely left footed cross in the second. Given the circumstances that's a decent return.
I said 3 months ago Zaroury was a star in the making, but he's done nothing for 5 or 6 games in a row.
I don't know whether it's a confidence thing, but it's more than a slump. He tries to run through people instead of around. He misplaces his crosses, and the less said about his shooting the better.
I think Churlinov has to start against Sunderland, and it isn't easy to say that, but Zaroury needs to refind his mojo.

Conroysleftfoot
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 293 times

Post by Conroysleftfoot » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:00 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:46 pm
I said 3 months ago Zaroury was a star in the making, but he's done nothing for 5 or 6 games in a row.
I don't know whether it's a confidence thing, but it's more than a slump. He tries to run through people instead of around. He misplaces his crosses, and the less said about his shooting the better.
I think Churlinov has to start against Sunderland, and it isn't easy to say that, but Zaroury needs to refind his mojo.
What about the cross for the first Tella goal against Wigan? Admittedly Zaroury is not hitting the heights he did earlier in the season but he's only young and still learning.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:01 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:46 pm
‘Done nothing’ is a bit harsh. He was very good against Wigan and played a big part in 2 goals (1 assist), dominated against Huddersfield and PNE.

There’s absolutely zero chance Churlinov starts against Sunderland, given he isn’t even making a nine man bench in the cup.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:33 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:01 pm
‘Done nothing’ is a bit harsh. He was very good against Wigan and played a big part in 2 goals (1 assist), dominated against Huddersfield and PNE.
I think it would be fair to say that AZ's form has dipped from the very high standards he had set for himself. Nothing worse than that, still worth his place.
This user liked this post: sjb

sjb
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by sjb » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:59 pm

For me if everyone is fit & available there are 8 automatic picks for the first team and Zaroury is definitely one of those.
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1