The most interesting insight of note from the game vs City

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

The most interesting insight of note from the game vs City

Post by NRC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:40 pm

THB openly saying in commentary that:
- if he is to go out on loan next season he only wants it to be Burnley
- if he doesn’t go out on loan and is not in first team reckoning he would prefer to play PL football with Burnley

I thought that was a very clear declaration. Pep famously does not like players who put “me” before “we”
These 2 users liked this post: KateR gukwonan

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: The most interesting insight of note from the game vs City

Post by RVclaret » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:41 pm

Glad you picked up on that as I didn’t think anyone would be tuning into our comms!

That’s quite positive and nice to hear from him.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:15 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:41 pm
Glad you picked up on that as I didn’t think anyone would be tuning into our comms!

That’s quite positive and nice to hear from him.
I was going to listen to the ESPN commentary, which, based on the frequent complaints on here, is better than the UK commentary, and then I learned Birdy had TBH and Brownhill co-commentating. THB was very forthright about life at BFC

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:29 am

NRC wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:40 pm
THB openly saying in commentary that:
- if he is to go out on loan next season he only wants it to be Burnley
- if he doesn’t go out on loan and is not in first team reckoning he would prefer to play PL football with Burnley

I thought that was a very clear declaration. Pep famously does not like players who put “me” before “we”
I wouldn't read too much into this. He's in our group with players who have become mates and whilst he's here he should feel like that. Once he's back at City he will consider all offers on the basis of career and money. If he gets a decent offer from Newcastle say, he'll surely take it in preference to Burnley.

gtclaret
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by gtclaret » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:50 am

Hipper wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:29 am
I wouldn't read too much into this. He's in our group with players who have become mates and whilst he's here he should feel like that. Once he's back at City he will consider all offers on the basis of career and money. If he gets a decent offer from Newcastle say, he'll surely take it in preference to Burnley.
Unfortunately that's the fact of life. Agents have a large input into players careers

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:56 am

Hipper wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:29 am
If it's on the basis of career then starting regularly in the Prem for Kompany would likely be a preferred choice. I don't think he's a certain starter elsewhere, definitely not at Newcastle (using your example). Collins has found himself out of the Burnley side (for most of last season) and now out of the Wolves side. From what I gather he's absolutely loved it here with us and it's been his real breakout season after a few iffy loans. I'm sure he'd love to continue that with a crack at what he's helped achieve here, like he's said. As for money, well it depends, he might sign a new deal at City before being loaned to us, otherwise I'm sure we can offer a pretty competitive deal ourselves (and it's player by player on money motivations, some may only see the £ signs, others are more rational).