Charlie Austin’s Mrs

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Charlie Austin’s Mrs

Post by Tricky Trevor » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:42 am

Making the news. Defending her daughter for punching her school bully.
I’m with her all the way. Never be bullied.
Further on it reports she had reported the bullying to the school who had done nothing to stop it. The outcome was the daughter getting two days in school exclusion whilst the bully was allowed to class as her offences were purely verbal. Both girls are in ‘O’ level year.
Thoughts?
3D187CC8-7FF2-4BCE-BF31-915FB41CACA9.jpeg
3D187CC8-7FF2-4BCE-BF31-915FB41CACA9.jpeg (562.35 KiB) Viewed 4780 times

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2949 times
Has Liked: 2063 times

Re: Charlie Austin’s Mrs

Post by Funkydrummer » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:49 am

Unfortunately these days, it's one thing defending your daughter's action in such matters for which I applaud her.
However it's another matter coming out in public and announcing it.

Shame to say that, but it's the world we live in I'm afraid.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:52 am

My thoughts are why is the tag still on Charlie’s trousers?
This user liked this post: bobinho

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:55 am

On the face of it her actions seem quite reasonable.

I suspect there are two sides to this story though, with only one being able to make it public.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:55 am

Funkydrummer wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:49 am
Unfortunately these days, it's one thing defending your daughter's action in such matters for which I applaud her.
However it's another matter coming out in public and announcing it.

Shame to say that, but it's the world we live in I'm afraid.
Agreed.
Is it really necessary to put this on social media and now it’s getting national coverage because of her famous husband ?

How must her daughter feel now this is in the public domain ? She must be devastated and embarrassed that her mum has told the world about this.

I’m sure being bullied was horrible but her dumb mother just made it a hundred times worse.

sjb
Been Liked: 249 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by sjb » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:58 am

Unfortunately 'an eye for an eye' means eventually everybody ends up blind.

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1282 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:59 am

She is out of order if she had pinched a school kid, whatever the reason. I do agree, though, that if she had reported the bullying to the school, then they should have dealt with it. I thought schools were supposed to have anti bullying policies .

4midable
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by 4midable » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:06 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:42 am
Making the news. Defending her daughter for punching her school bully.
I’m with her all the way. Never be bullied.
Further on it reports she had reported the bullying to the school who had done nothing to stop it. The outcome was the daughter getting two days in school exclusion whilst the bully was allowed to class as her offences were purely verbal. Both girls are in ‘O’ level year.
Thoughts?
3D187CC8-7FF2-4BCE-BF31-915FB41CACA9.jpeg
Agree.
Make a stand and dont let anybody bully you

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:08 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:59 am
She is out of order if she had pinched a school kid, whatever the reason. I do agree, though, that if she had reported the bullying to the school, then they should have dealt with it. I thought schools were supposed to have anti bullying policies .
They all do have anti bullying policies.
As said we only have one side of the story here.
The school can’t really defend themselves here on social media even though they may have done nothing wrong.

Parents completely out of order making this public knowing they would make the headlines and putting the school in a really difficult position.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:09 pm

My lad was bullied in school, the school did nothing.

Told my lad to punch the bully or it won't ever stop.

He did, it stopped, his mum had a meeting with the school when they got upset about the punch.... The matter was dropped when she pointed out their failure to deal with the initial bullying.
This user liked this post: aclaretinstevenage

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Looking at Charlie’s pants in the pic,he looks to have left the price tag on them.

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:15 pm

Claretforever wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:52 am
So he can take them back after the photo shoot and get a refund.......obviously
This user liked this post: Claretforever

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:22 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:09 pm
My lad was bullied in school, the school did nothing.

Told my lad to punch the bully or it won't ever stop.

He did, it stopped, his mum had a meeting with the school when they got upset about the punch.... The matter was dropped when she pointed out their failure to deal with the initial bullying.
We're shocked.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6417 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:24 pm

Bullying is a difficult issue to deal with. I feel that schools will always have the best intentions and teachers do find it as abhorrent as the rest of us, but their hands a generally tied in the matter as often it is a case of one word against another in their eyes. My autistic step son is constantly bullied and he doesn't know how to react, and neither do we and it is a constant battle for us as his parents.

As the son of a teacher (Deputy Head at the "rival" school) I was often a target by the bullies and when quick talking and my wits failed it would result in me having to fight back. I remember a particular occasion when one lad trapped my bandaged up leg in the door (I was on crutches after an operation on my knee) and I saw red. I only have a vague recollection of lifting him up by his neck with one hand, and punching him several times in the face with my free hand leaving him unconscious on the floor. He happened to be the ring leader of the main bullying group. Suffice to say, the bullying stopped and he changed his ways.

Found out later in life he became a Buddhist monk and promotes peace everywhere... which tells me you can change a bully... but my approach is not recommended.

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1176 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by Tribesmen » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:28 pm

Bfc wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:14 pm
Looking at Charlie’s pants in the pic,he looks to have left the price tag on them.
A Day at the races at a guess
These 2 users liked this post: KateR JohnMac

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 177 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:50 pm

I for one have been this road with my son at his school and all we got from the headmaster was can't we sit around the table with this child's parents and try and resolve the situation I said you want me to sit at a table and discuss a way forward I said what world do you live in and made the decision to take my Son out of school and move on to another school which was a lot better and my Son was ok but what made me sick is they didn't act or protect my Son they were just happy to sweep it under the table and not help us , and the stress it brought on our family was unbelievable but we did the right thing .

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1133 times
Has Liked: 1607 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:04 pm

Bullying is not to be sniffed at

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2307 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by Clarets4me » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:30 pm

I came up to Lancashire from Kent aged 11, in the mid 1970's, and at my new school QEGS, Blackburn stood out being tall, and speaking " funny ". I had some pretty constant bullying early in the 2nd year, nicking bags, hiding stuff, kicking ankles etc .. eventually ended up bursting into tears at home. Dad got an appt. to see the Deputy Head, Fred Berry. Dad came back with Fred's advice that I should just launch into the next culprit. Two days later, I did just that, unleashing 12 months of pent up frustration. A Teacher hauled me off the miscreant, and sent me to Fred & the instigator to the first aid room.

I was petrified .. Mr Berry, who was a WW2 RAF Intelligence Officer, asked me to sit down, and offered me a Coffee ... " Can't have been easy, coming here not knowing anyone " he started, and we had a nice chat. Eventually, he disappeared and returned, " I've just had a look at Aspden, from the look of him, I don't think you'll have too much trouble from anyone now " .... His look indicated it was time for me to go, as I got up, a voice behind me said " Chris, if anyone asks, you got 6 of the best from me, do we understand each other ? " .

He was correct, no real issues after that .... just brilliant handling of a situation ! 😉
These 5 users liked this post: Rick_Muller Bosscat AmbleClaret CoolClaret SussexDon1inIreland

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:40 pm

No one does O Levels anymore. Shame as they were a much higher standard than GCSEs.
This user liked this post: basil6345789

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3598 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:42 pm

I can see she has a long face about the whole situation.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:01 pm

Schools struggle to cope, and while I cannot condone violence, good on the kid. Stupid mother for going on social media. I can only imagine it's more to do with having a voice able to speak out, but yes, it will potentially isolate her kid more.

@Rick_Muller, I'm sorry to hear about your autistic kid being bullied and not having the answer. Without wanting to impose myself, instead I'll pass on that my wife is a middle school theater teacher. Often kids are attracted to theater at school because it is probably the best safe-space around. She has an autistic kid in her troupe, utterly sweet-spirited, but a handful at the same time. He had a part in the school production of Scrooge. He loved it, as did everyone else. Moral being while we can't always make those around us change, we can improve our own circumstances. The kid is still in the troupe - he's found his place. Again, not meaning to overstep
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:03 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:55 am
Agreed.
Is it really necessary to put this on social media and now it’s getting national coverage because of her famous husband ?

How must her daughter feel now this is in the public domain ? She must be devastated and embarrassed that her mum has told the world about this.

I’m sure being bullied was horrible but her dumb mother just made it a hundred times worse.
This. All for punching bully’s. Usually stops them in their tracks. Unfortunately sone people can’t live their lives without posting everything they do on social media. They don’t know themselves if they are doing the right thing unless other people like it.

AmbleClaret
Been Liked: 207 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by AmbleClaret » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:47 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:30 pm
I came up to Lancashire from Kent aged 11, in the mid 1970's, and at my new school QEGS, Blackburn stood out being tall, and speaking " funny ". I had some pretty constant bullying early in the 2nd year, nicking bags, hiding stuff, kicking ankles etc .. eventually ended up bursting into tears at home. Dad got an appt. to see the Deputy Head, Fred Berry. Dad came back with Fred's advice that I should just launch into the next culprit. Two days later, I did just that, unleashing 12 months of pent up frustration. A Teacher hauled me off the miscreant, and sent me to Fred & the instigator to the first aid room.

I was petrified .. Mr Berry, who was a WW2 RAF Intelligence Officer, asked me to sit down, and offered me a Coffee ... " Can't have been easy, coming here not knowing anyone " he started, and we had a nice chat. Eventually, he disappeared and returned, " I've just had a look at Aspden, from the look of him, I don't think you'll have too much trouble from anyone now " .... His look indicated it was time for me to go, as I got up, a voice behind me said " Chris, if anyone asks, you got 6 of the best from me, do we understand each other ? " .

He was correct, no real issues after that .... just brilliant handling of a situation ! 😉
Brilliant story.Fred Bury should've got the Heads job at QEGS,when Coulson died,he was by far away the teachers and pupils choice. Sadly the Governors gave it to outsider Philip Johnston, a very poor decision and poor Head.
This user liked this post: Clarets4me

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:56 pm

I'd have been proud of any of my kids if they took that action, in fact i'm probably treat them, to show them how proud.
But, I wouldn't be posting it on FB, or any other media. Just more look at me attention seeking.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:04 pm

Too many schools don't seem to care. With kids all having phones/social media it makes the problem much worse because the unfortunate one's getting bullied are probably getting it 24/7 these days.

Pickles
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 1210 times

Post by Pickles » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:07 pm

I'm neither but must be more difficult than ever being a parent or a teacher with the internet and social media etc.

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:49 pm

Bfc wrote:
It’s obvious who wears the trousers in this relationship, that’s why Charlie had to nip out and buy a pair.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:45 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:04 pm
Too many schools don't seem to care. With kids all having phones/social media it makes the problem much worse because the unfortunate one's getting bullied are probably getting it 24/7 these days.
I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion you have regarding "too many schools don't seem to care".
If you're basing it on one half-assed social media story, I think you're wrong.
You have to remember that all schools are incredibly accountable to Ofsted and their authority or MAT and part of any pre inspection actively invites parents to comment specifically on perceived bullying g and if and how the issue was dealt with.
I've no doubt odd schools, perhaps in horrendous circumstances, do find themselves in difficulties but in my not inconsiderable experience bullying will be dealt with. The means of that may vary but generally it is effective..
What we need to be wary of when reading Austin's wife's stuff and some of the anecdotes on here is a parent or parent with an axe to grind and the perceived lack of action re bullying is a convenient excuse.

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 719 times
Has Liked: 510 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:50 pm

His daughter was born in Burnley. You don't mess with Burnley lasses :D

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18096 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:53 pm

AmbleClaret wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:47 pm
Brilliant story.Fred Bury should've got the Heads job at QEGS,when Coulson died,he was by far away the teachers and pupils choice. Sadly the Governors gave it to outsider Philip Johnston, a very poor decision and poor Head.
That happens at many Schools, Settle High missed out on a great Headmaster back in the late 60's early 70's by not giving it to Mr Swainson and employing several lame ducks over a few yrs ...

I wonder if that is the same Philip Johnston an ex Headmaster who retired to Long Preston quite a few years ago 🤔

bobinho
Been Liked: 4070 times
Has Liked: 6536 times

Post by bobinho » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:04 pm

I was bullied as a kid by two lads for years until I eventually snapped with one of em. It never happened again.

My daughter was bullied at junior school. Tried to go about it the right way, reported it a few times, then when nothing happened, I took matters into my own hands.

I visited the parents and calmly explained to the dad of the lad bullying my girl that whatever his lad did to my daughter, I would visit again and demonstrate what had happened that day.

It stopped overnight.

Whilst I disagree wholeheartedly with living your life on social media, I support Mrs Austin for supporting her child. It seems that like me she gave the school chances to sort it out and they failed. Fair play for calling them out too.

Better this is dealt with this way than reading something tragic after the knives have come out…

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2307 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by Clarets4me » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:37 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:53 pm
That happens at many Schools, Settle High missed out on a great Headmaster back in the late 60's early 70's by not giving it to Mr Swainson and employing several lame ducks over a few yrs ...

I wonder if that is the same Philip Johnston an ex Headmaster who retired to Long Preston quite a few years ago 🤔
Judging from his " Company Directorships ", it's definitely him ...

He was lay member of the Church of England Synod, In 1979, he stood up in one Assembly and told us all we were banned from going to see " Life of Brian ", as it was blasphemous. Anybody with any nous could have told him that was a " red rag to a bull " to 800 inquisitive, intelligent teenagers. The BBFC actually gave it a " AA " Certificate, ( over 15's ) but at that time, local authorities were allowed to raise the rating !! Twenty eight Councils raised it to an " X ", and eleven banned it completely ! It was banned in Ireland until 1987 ...

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:46 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:37 pm
Judging from his " Company Directorships ", it's definitely him ...

He was lay member of the Church of England Synod, In 1979, he stood up in one Assembly and told us all we were banned from going to see " Life of Brian ", as it was blasphemous. Anybody with any nous could have told him that was a " red rag to a bull " to 800 inquisitive, intelligent teenagers. The BBFC actually gave it a " AA " Certificate, ( over 15's ) but at that time, local authorities were allowed to raise the rating !! Twenty eight Councils raised it to an " X ", and eleven banned it completely ! It was banned in Ireland until 1987 ...
When I 1st started Locksmithing I did a job for him on a cabinet in his home office.

That was how I knew he had been a Headmaster, although didn't realise it was QEGS.

Quite a character in the village and involved with the Church and Friends of Settle Carlisle Railway.

Bullabill
Been Liked: 301 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Bullabill » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:13 pm

I think she's done the right thing. It might just encourage some of those being bullied to respond to their situation by taking the action her daughter did. It might also indicate to some bullies that they are taking a bit of a risk.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:32 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:30 pm

As an OB myself I absolutely love this - sadly these characters were coming to an end towards the end of my years at QEGS but we still had some.

A special, special school.
This user liked this post: AmbleClaret

chipbutty
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by chipbutty » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:54 pm

Claretforever wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:52 am
You never been in a decent stand at races?

chipbutty
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by chipbutty » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:55 pm

Bfc wrote:
Posh stand at races

Claretfam

Post by Claretfam » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:14 am

A lot to say about this! My daughter was bullied, psychologically the school preferred to keep the bully as it was perceived she’d get better results than my daughter, so they ‘helped’ me to move her to another school. That was so bad I took her out and home educated for the last year. She then did an apprenticeship and got an amazing job, she has just come back from her first week long business trip abroad, she’s still only 20 …

The bully is pregnant with her 2nd child!

There is so much pressure on schools to hit targets, as highlighted in todays awful news of the headmistress who took her own life, that there is little care given to safeguarding.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:24 am

Rick_Muller wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:24 pm
Bullying is a difficult issue to deal with. I feel that schools will always have the best intentions and teachers do find it as abhorrent as the rest of us, but their hands a generally tied in the matter as often it is a case of one word against another in their eyes. My autistic step son is constantly bullied and he doesn't know how to react, and neither do we and it is a constant battle for us as his parents.

As the son of a teacher (Deputy Head at the "rival" school) I was often a target by the bullies and when quick talking and my wits failed it would result in me having to fight back. I remember a particular occasion when one lad trapped my bandaged up leg in the door (I was on crutches after an operation on my knee) and I saw red. I only have a vague recollection of lifting him up by his neck with one hand, and punching him several times in the face with my free hand leaving him unconscious on the floor. He happened to be the ring leader of the main bullying group. Suffice to say, the bullying stopped and he changed his ways.

Found out later in life he became a Buddhist monk and promotes peace everywhere... which tells me you can change a bully... but my approach is not recommended.
#DHOTYA

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2619 times
Has Liked: 6417 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:32 am

Damo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:24 am
#DHOTYA
#MCOTYA

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 2963 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:55 am

Attention seeking …why post this on social media ?. . Bullying is vile but I can’t see how it helps to go round commending punching anyone in the face. I mean it’s all very well saying it’s great to punch a bully but what happens if the bully then starts punching you back and is bigger than you ?

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:00 pm

Stalbansclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:55 am
Attention seeking …why post this on social media ?. . Bullying is vile but I can’t see how it helps to go round commending punching anyone in the face. I mean it’s all very well saying it’s great to punch a bully but what happens if the bully then starts punching you back and is bigger than you ?
You get them from behind with something heavy. Then they know you’ll never quit.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:15 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:00 pm
You get them from behind with something heavy. Then they know you’ll never quit.
Serious point here (even though I have no sympathy for bullies at all)

You can't just up scale the violence in the hope that sorts it out, because of the very obvious possible dangers

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:38 pm

For any legit concerned parents:

I can’t recommend enough for your child to learn some proper grappling martial art or MMA.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is like a no-nonsense extremely reformed version of Ju-jitsu taking out all the fluff and having live rounds to ensure you can perform under pressure.

Smacking a bully in the face might work, but taking them to the ground and sitting on them till they tire themselves out is probably better.

Grappling is good because you learn essential skills like how to get someone off you when you’re in the floor and how to get back to your feet which is really important.

I can remember one of my buddies in primary school who I trained judo with hip tossed a bully and mounted him - totally embarrassed the guy and never heard from him again.
These 2 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret tiger76

Bosscat

Post by Bosscat » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Possibly carrying Mace might deter would be attackers ..........

morgenstern-medieval-weapon-or-mace-object-vector-23849702.jpg
morgenstern-medieval-weapon-or-mace-object-vector-23849702.jpg (155.65 KiB) Viewed 1217 times

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:53 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:38 pm
For any legit concerned parents:

I can’t recommend enough for your child to learn some proper grappling martial art or MMA.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is like a no-nonsense extremely reformed version of Ju-jitsu taking out all the fluff and having live rounds to ensure you can perform under pressure.

Smacking a bully in the face might work, but taking them to the ground and sitting on them till they tire themselves out is probably better.

Grappling is good because you learn essential skills like how to get someone off you when you’re in the floor and how to get back to your feet which is really important.

I can remember one of my buddies in primary school who I trained judo with hip tossed a bully and mounted him - totally embarrassed the guy and never heard from him again.
Mounted him? Hmmm.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:56 pm

Quicknick wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:53 pm
Mounted him? Hmmm.
Yawn

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:05 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:15 pm
Serious point here (even though I have no sympathy for bullies at all)

You can't just up scale the violence in the hope that sorts it out, because of the very obvious possible dangers
Everyone is entitled to their opinion Lancs.
I understand where you are coming from, but I'm with TT. As much as we'd like to we can't fight our kids fights for them. They'll only get the respect when they stand up for themselves. It's better to get a kicking in, the pain of which will fade in a couple of days, than suffer the fear of a bully, which could last a lifetime. If a bully is just too big, then level the playing field.
This user liked this post: Tricky Trevor

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:28 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:05 pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion Lancs.
I understand where you are coming from, but I'm with TT. As much as we'd like to we can't fight our kids fights for them. They'll only get the respect when they stand up for themselves. It's better to get a kicking in, the pain of which will fade in a couple of days, than suffer the fear of a bully, which could last a lifetime. If a bully is just too big, then level the playing field.
With a knife? or something else?

There is a difference between standing up for yourself and twatting him with a heavy, blunt object

Bullies lose interest when the person being bullied deals with it the correct way, which is to bring parents into it, who then bring the school into it, and if the bullies persist, then they find themselves at a different school

Thats not what used to happen, but my kids school is pretty strong on stuff like this, and they do it by getting everyone who was in the class to write down what happened - very hard for bullies to escape when that is done

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:35 pm

Worth mentioning on the occassions my kids have been asked to do this, they have been told (and I'm sure that the vast majority of parents would say exactly the same) to just say what happened