Lewis Richardson

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Lewis Richardson

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:02 pm

Lewis was talked up as a prospect but injuries have blighted his career to date.Whats the latest in what some hoped would be a breakthrough season?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Re: Lewis Richardson

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:30 pm

The club don’t give out any injury information for the young players. A player goes missing and when he comes back we are told he’s returning from an injury that they’ve never told us about.

Lewis was recalled from Grimsby in January and we’ve heard nothing since.

He scored Grimsby’s winner against Burton in the FA Cup on 7th January and hadn’t played since.

The club must think we aren’t interested in our young players. They’ve said nothing about Michael Mellon, for example, yet Morecambe manager Derek Adams confirmed he needs surgery and is out for the season.

Longsidelenny1882
Been Liked: 189 times

Post by Longsidelenny1882 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:38 pm

Well said yet again Tony utc
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:00 pm

Yes, Richardson has been an ever deepening mystery for quite some time now (well before he went to Grimsby) and whilst acknowledging that these are young lads and there has to be a degree of respect for their privacy, I feel the club and the players should also realise that due to the nature of the business they are in fans are going to be interested and concerned to learn about why people aren't featuring and the trajectory their career is taking. Clearly Richardson was (is) an excellent prospect and one of our best "possibles" over the last few years and we're all keen to see him fulfill his potential and can be genuinely interested in injuries etc which might be holding him back.
This user liked this post: Woodleyclaret

Bangers&Mash
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Bangers&Mash » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:02 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:30 pm
The club don’t give out any injury information for the young players. A player goes missing and when he comes back we are told he’s returning from an injury that they’ve never told us about.

He scored Grimsby’s winner against Burton in the FA Cup on 7th January and hadn’t played since.

The club must think we aren’t interested in our young players. They’ve said nothing about Michael Mellon, for example, yet Morecambe manager Derek Adams confirmed he needs surgery and is out for the season.
The club will know you are interested in all our players, but the club also need to respect that this is confidential medical information and there is no good reason to put it online.

Could you imagine if an office manager was sending out weekly bulletins on who had been off sick from work that week and why?
These 2 users liked this post: MeeActon1 Cooclaret

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:37 am

Bangers&Mash wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:02 am
The club will know you are interested in all our players, but the club also need to respect that this is confidential medical information and there is no good reason to put it online.

Could you imagine if an office manager was sending out weekly bulletins on who had been off sick from work that week and why?
As an analogy this is weak at best and at worst, frankly, asinine. I think CT is right to expect a basic amount of information from the club on the health/latest injuries of our players young or older, without it being too obtrusive. And if you still disagree fair enough but here's a thought. How many office managers work in a business that has multiple websites written about them which are updated on a daily basis, and regularly review how the staff are performing individually and as a team. Professional footballers, even the young ones, are high profile commodities who it is generally accepted will have their day to day lives scrutinised, just a little bit.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:46 am

Corky wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:37 am
As an analogy this is weak at best and at worst, frankly, asinine. I think CT is right to expect a basic amount of information from the club on the health/latest injuries of our players young or older, without it being too obtrusive. And if you still disagree fair enough but here's a thought. How many office managers work in a business that has multiple websites written about them which are updated on a daily basis, and regularly review how the staff are performing individually and as a team. Professional footballers, even the young ones, are high profile commodities who it is generally accepted will have their day to day lives scrutinised, just a little bit.
All the club need to say is ‘knee injury 3-6 months’ I think most would understand.

Corky
Been Liked: 535 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Corky » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:47 am

Burnley1989 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:46 am
All the club need to say is ‘knee injury 3-6 months’ I think most would understand.
Exactly this.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2313 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:03 am

Contrast it with past internationals where they were practically measuring Beckham and Rooney's turds in the quest for media information.

Suratclaret
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 787 times

Post by Suratclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:09 am

Professional sports persons cannot be compared to, for instance, an office workforce. I understand that medical confidentiality has to be respected but for a football club to keep its supporters in the dark concerning one ot its players is surely taking confidentially to extremes. Just state the estimated length of time that player is likely to be incapacitated then supporters would know.
We get regular information on players on loan to other clubs so just a simple report would suffice in respect of injured players.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:14 am

There’s probably less than 1% of the fan base who wants to know about an injury to an under 21 player so I can understand why they choose not to.

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 367 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:20 am

There's probably a lot of thought gone into whether they disclose information about young players.

Are younger players from the first team also afforded the same privacy, or is it just those from the youth teams?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:22 am

ArmchairDetective wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:20 am
There's probably a lot of thought gone into whether they disclose information about young players.

Are younger players from the first team also afforded the same privacy, or is it just those from the youth teams?
Kompany this season refused to give details of the injury Twine had, maybe fans should just respect the clubs approach to this. Sadly when Kompany didn't give details it led to some really poor posts about what might be the issue with Twine.
These 2 users liked this post: ArmchairDetective Rick_Muller

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:23 am

Not just any old u21 player - one who has made appearances for the first team, played for England at youth level, scored a lot of goals and was being touted as our best young prospect not long ago.

Where does this figure of less than 1% wanting to know come from ? It’s got about as much basis as me saying probably 95% of fans are interested in knowing.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:27 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:23 am
Not just any old u21 player - one who has made appearances for the first team, played for England at youth level, scored a lot of goals and was being touted as our best young prospect not long ago.

Where does this figure of less than 1% wanting to know come from ? It’s got about as much basis as me saying probably 95% of fans are interested in knowing.
Lets be serious there's less than 50 people who go and watch our youth football. U21 threads on here attract 10-20 posters max. All the Burnley fans in my circle don't even know a single player in the u21s. Maybe the 1% is being kind, not sure there will be 180 people who are madly keen on whether an under 21 player is out for a week or a month.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2561 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:33 am

Whether people want to know or not carries absolutely zero weight.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:37 am

quoonbeatz wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:33 am
Whether people want to know or not carries absolutely zero weight.
So then, why else would this information be required in the public space?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:44 am

Club policy not to elaborate on injuries, isn't it?
I'm sure they have a valid reason.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:52 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:27 am
Lets be serious there's less than 50 people who go and watch our youth football. U21 threads on here attract 10-20 posters max. All the Burnley fans in my circle don't even know a single player in the u21s. Maybe the 1% is being kind, not sure there will be 180 people who are madly keen on whether an under 21 player is out for a week or a month.
Where are you getting this stuff from ?
A sample of your mates
People on a thread
People who go to watch them (they play during the working day and miles away from Burnley)

All these are a fraction of people who follow Burnley.

Richardson has played for the first team.
We’ve had a few thousand watch our u21s in certain big games.

Most football fans at all clubs are interested to some degree to what is happening at their club at youth levels. We employ a lot of people and invest a lot of time and money into this area so not sure why a club would not want to communicate on this including injuries.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:02 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:52 am
Where are you getting this stuff from ?
A sample of your mates
People on a thread
People who go to watch them (they play during the working day and miles away from Burnley)

All these are a fraction of people who follow Burnley.

Richardson has played for the first team.
We’ve had a few thousand watch our u21s in certain big games.

Most football fans at all clubs are interested to some degree to what is happening at their club at youth levels. We employ a lot of people and invest a lot of time and money into this area so not sure why a club would not want to communicate on this including injuries.
It's a small sample obviously but unless the club do a survey of the entire fan base then you go with what you have and I don't see an overwhelming number of folk (twitter too) who are that desperate to know... and even if they do want to know, why it matters.

Kompany has been very, very coy with injuries (in the first team) all season when asked in pressers, I personally understand why (protect the player, don't put a timescale on it to add pressure, give the opposition as little info as possible) and don't feel like I have a divine right to know.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 578 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:05 am

So what if people 'want to know'. This is evidently club policy, one that has been seemingly signed off by Kompany too, who did not disclose details about the injuries to Twine or Harwood-Bellis when asked. This is for the player and the club to know only - if the player wants to disclose their medical information, then that's on them.

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 140 times
Has Liked: 177 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:08 am

If he's injured he's injured and if club don't want to elaborate on what injury it is then that's club policy to do so and they will tell you when he's back in training so end of .

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 am

I saw the link yesterday about our u21 game and watched 10 minutes. Never heard of one of them, aside from the 1st team players of course.

I'm happy for it to be up to the player what information is released about an injury or medical condition, certainly at u21 level. None of our business. They'll be back when they're ready. Maybe Richardson has a chronic injury, maybe he's just not that good, or maybe he's just hit a tough patch and he'll come through it. I'm one of those that don't expect the club to give me updates. If he does make it to our first team one day, then I'll take an interest.
This user liked this post: RVclaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:05 am
So what if people 'want to know'. This is evidently club policy, one that has been seemingly signed off by Kompany too, who did not disclose details about the injuries to Twine or Harwood-Bellis when asked. This is for the player and the club to know only - if the player wants to disclose their medical information, then that's on them.
I agree with you but on the flip side as Claretonthecoast pointed out, the lack of information led to people creating their own rumours and running with it. I heard Twine didn't want to be here and was struggling with depression, I doubt it has any truth to it but I'm not really sure rumours like that are helpful and could quite easily be shutdown with a little more info given. I'm just offering the alternate view though, personally I'm not overly bothered either way.

Sozturf7
Been Liked: 89 times

Post by Sozturf7 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:16 am

I think most people will agree that Burnley look after their young players, so if they think it's best to restrict details about their injuries that's fine by me.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 am

KRBFC wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am
I agree with you but on the flip side as Claretonthecoast pointed out, the lack of information led to people creating their own rumours and running with it. I heard Twine didn't want to be here and was struggling with depression, I doubt it has any truth to it but I'm not really sure rumours like that are helpful and could quite easily be shutdown with a little more info given. I'm just offering the alternate view though, personally I'm not overly bothered either way.
Thats says more about people making up stories than it does the club
If a player wants you to know they'll post it all over the place

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 am

KRBFC wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am
There would be nothing to stop some people making that up regardless of the information to hand. ;)

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:19 am

Nori1958 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 am
Thats says more about people making up stories than it does the club
If a player wants you to know they'll post it all over the place
That's fair, although most people don't make up the rumour they just spread it as truth.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:46 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:02 am
It's a small sample obviously but unless the club do a survey of the entire fan base then you go with what you have and I don't see an overwhelming number of folk (twitter too) who are that desperate to know... and even if they do want to know, why it matters.

Kompany has been very, very coy with injuries (in the first team) all season when asked in pressers, I personally understand why (protect the player, don't put a timescale on it to add pressure, give the opposition as little info as possible) and don't feel like I have a divine right to know.
Has he been coy ?
He’s been far more open and accurate than Dyche.
He told us within days what the injury was with THB and said he expected him back before the end of March. He’s kept us updated with Benson and given updates on Jay.
He told us Beyer’s injury wasn’t serious and he’s be back soon….and he was.

The only one that was a bit of a mystery according to some was Twine - but Kompany said he was picking up niggling injuries one after the other following the initial problem.

As for the u21s enough people want to know about an important part of the club for this to be communicated better. There’s absolute no way that the communication around injuries for the u21s is anywhere near that of the the first team so it’s clearly not a policy of the club to keep this information guarded at all levels.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:47 am

I assume this isn't a shock to anyone who has actually met football fans, but people bulls**t about player injuries and why they aren't in the side all the time, regardless of whatever information you get from the club
This user liked this post: Ziggy Stardust

Guller Bull
Been Liked: 763 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by Guller Bull » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:52 am

There seems to have been a shift in opinion by some on here over the last few years. Going back a few years if you asked about "How well a young player was doing?" or "Whether a young prospects injury was serious or not" you would get a stern telling off or the thread shut down.

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:54 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:46 am
Has he been coy ?
He’s been far more open and accurate than Dyche.
He told us within days what the injury was with THB and said he expected him back before the end of March. He’s kept us updated with Benson and given updates on Jay.
He told us Beyer’s injury wasn’t serious and he’s be back soon….and he was.

The only one that was a bit of a mystery according to some was Twine - but Kompany said he was picking up niggling injuries one after the other following the initial problem.

As for the u21s enough people want to know about an important part of the club for this to be communicated better. There’s absolute no way that the communication around injuries for the u21s is anywhere near that of the the first team so it’s clearly not a policy of the club to keep this information guarded at all levels.
Never told us what the injury was with THB. When asked on a timescale he said a couple of months. Turns out it's going to be 3 months.

Benson was 'he took a whack but it's not serious' - in the end it was 2 months later. Twine and Churlinov... both longer term and didn't give timescales or specifics.

I'd say that is pretty coy compared to other clubs who literally state the exact injury and specific timescale it's expected to be... example here with Bilic on Joao Pedro in December:

“It’s ligament damage. None of the ligaments are completely ruptured, but they all have damage, and he’s going to be out for a while - about six to eight weeks."

Also, you've just criticised my 'sample' and numbers yet you've just come out with 'enough people want to know'... how have you reached this conclusion when all the evidence is to the contrary?
This user liked this post: Raconteur

Raconteur
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 204 times

Post by Raconteur » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:07 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:54 am
Never told us what the injury was with THB. When asked on a timescale he said a couple of months. Turns out it's going to be 3 months.

Benson was 'he took a whack but it's not serious' - in the end it was 2 months later. Twine and Churlinov... both longer term and didn't give timescales or specifics.

I'd say that is pretty coy compared to other clubs who literally state the exact injury and specific timescale it's expected to be... example here with Bilic on Joao Pedro in December:

“It’s ligament damage. None of the ligaments are completely ruptured, but they all have damage, and he’s going to be out for a while - about six to eight weeks."

Also, you've just criticised my 'sample' and numbers yet you've just come out with 'enough people want to know'... how have you reached this conclusion when all the evidence is to the contrary?
That’s spot on RV. From listening to VK in the press conferences, I haven't heard him once state what the actual injury is. As you say with THB, VK never told us what the injury was. In fact, he went as far as refusing to tell the people interviewing, when asked the question. He said it was up to Taylor if the injury wanted to be announced.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:11 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:54 am

He said THB would be back before the end of the season and mentioned end of March as an estimate.

“Enough’ people is pretty subjective. I think enough people are interested in this because I have attended under 21 games with far more people in attendance than post on this board for example. I also see the interest at other clubs like City, United and many others in their young players.

You are the one quoting ridiculous figures like less than 1% of our fans are interested and then using attendances at games as your evidence. I’m interested in what happens at the PGA golf every week - doesn’t mean I attend.

Would have been far more logical for you to say that you were not interested in any of our u21s.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2561 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:14 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:37 am
So then, why else would this information be required in the public space?
What?

Raconteur

Post by Raconteur » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:14 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:11 am
He said THB would be back before the end of the season and mentioned end of March as an estimate.
He never disclosed the actual injury though, like you claimed on your previous post.

Has the club announced the official injury that Brownhill is suffering from?

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:23 am

Raconteur wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:14 am
He never disclosed the actual injury though, like you claimed on your previous post.
He didn’t you are correct - apologies.
I thought he did because I remember him talking about timescales.
He did say it’s up to the player as to whether they disclose the injury. I’ve no problem with that actually - it’s more relevant for us to know when a player is going to be back or how they are progressing. The other thing we are interested is knowing as soon as possible whether an injury is short term or long term.

I just think generally VK does not duck questions about any subject and manages to find the right balance in keeping everyone informed.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:25 am

Bangers&Mash wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:02 am

No one is asking for medical information but it would be good to know that players are actually out injured rather than them just disappearing for periods of time. It's clearly not like this at other clubs.
This user liked this post: Big Vinny K

Raconteur

Post by Raconteur » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:34 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:23 am
He didn’t you are correct - apologies.
I thought he did because I remember him talking about timescales.
He did say it’s up to the player as to whether they disclose the injury. I’ve no problem with that actually - it’s more relevant for us to know when a player is going to be back or how they are progressing. The other thing we are interested is knowing as soon as possible whether an injury is short term or long term.

I just think generally VK does not duck questions about any subject and manages to find the right balance in keeping everyone informed.
I agree.
Regarding the topic you will always have us supporters wanting to know how long the players will be injured for and what the actual injury is. It's a human trait. We are inquisitive creatures.

I think the silence is definitely by design from VK and the club. They don't want other clubs knowing who is fit or injured or when they will be available so they don't know who they have to prepare to face ( just a guess on my part)

For the silence on the youth side, i haven't got a clue.
This user liked this post: Big Vinny K

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:54 am

Raconteur wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:34 am
I agree.
Regarding the topic you will always have us supporters wanting to know how long the players will be injured for and what the actual injury is. It's a human trait. We are inquisitive creatures.

I think the silence is definitely by design from VK and the club. They don't want other clubs knowing who is fit or injured or when they will be available so they don't know who they have to prepare to face ( just a guess on my part)

For the silence on the youth side, i haven't got a clue.
The same thing was happening under Dyche.
This user liked this post: Raconteur

HistoricalClaret
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by HistoricalClaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:57 pm

Richardson IMO wont make it too many injuries the most exciting product in our academy now is comfortably Joe Bauress, comfortably.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:18 pm

HistoricalClaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:57 pm
Richardson IMO wont make it too many injuries the most exciting product in our academy now is comfortably Joe Bauress, comfortably.
A big call writing off Richardson, many young players can often pick injuries especially when they are still in the development stage.

Assuming Richardson is out injured all we can hope is that he's back soon, because it wasn't that long ago he was pushing at the door of the 1st team.

And if they are good enough I suspect Vinny will give them a chance to impress.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:21 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:30 pm

I think that was his only goal for Grimsby, however it proved to be a priceless one for them in their cup run.

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Cooclaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:29 pm

Corky wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:37 am
Are these employers exempt from data protection laws?

You use the word, asinine, I can only presume for your own smugness, yet make the statement that; ‘…are high profile commodities who it is generally accepted will have their day to day lives scrutinised, just a bit.’

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:04 pm

Cooclaret wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:29 pm
Are these employers exempt from data protection laws?

You use the word, asinine, I can only presume for your own smugness, yet make the statement that; ‘…are high profile commodities who it is generally accepted will have their day to day lives scrutinised, just a bit.’
well, to be fair Cc, Corky had an opinion he described as being asinine from RV, whereas Corky's assertion is is an acceptably accurate statement. Not sure where you're going with your comparison, because I don't see one.

And fwiw I think this whole thread is ********, or indeed, asinine. We should not expect personal information regarding the health of a player unless the player themselves have provided consent. It's that simple, and there isn't a public interest that has credibility, neither is there a false standard to be applied due to players being assets and commodities

HistoricalClaret
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by HistoricalClaret » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:32 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:18 pm
A big call writing off Richardson, many young players can often pick injuries especially when they are still in the development stage.

Assuming Richardson is out injured all we can hope is that he's back soon, because it wasn't that long ago he was pushing at the door of the 1st team.

And if they are good enough I suspect Vinny will give them a chance to impress.
I personally dont think he ever was hes around 20 now I expect hell probably only ever be championship level, Bauress meanwhile is 17 training with the first team and playing in the under 23's as a starter he is exciting