ARTICLE: Clubs should hang their heads in shame over derby tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

ARTICLE: Clubs should hang their heads in shame over derby tickets

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:33 pm

I know this is personal and I know many will disagree, but my thoughts on the ticket allocation for Blackburn from my point of view.

See link
https://www.uptheclarets.com/clubs-shou ... by-tickets
These 22 users liked this post: ClaretAL claretsforever dougcollins KateR hbuzzard frankinwales evensteadiereddie mybloodisclaret cricketfield73 CaptJohn simonclaret Colburn_Claret elwaclaret Squazo NewClaret 7decades HunterST_BFC longsidepies MT03ALG Vince Fontaine levraiclaret turbo5

claretsforever
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: ARTICLE: Clubs should hang their heads in shame over derby tickets

Post by claretsforever » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:53 pm

I am in same boat Tony as u regarding poor allocation from Blackburn and burnley for the shambles regarding loyalty points not being increased. I been to 12 aways games this season and have tickets to next 3 away games Middlesbrough, reading ,Rotherham and have 10490 points and have had a email saying unsuccessful absolute joke

Royboyclaret
Been Liked: 1273 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:54 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:33 pm
I know this is personal and I know many will disagree, but my thoughts on the ticket allocation for Blackburn from my point of view.

See link
https://www.uptheclarets.com/clubs-shou ... by-tickets
Can't believe you actually missed the 4-1 win at Ewood in '65......A Willie Irvine double and even Alex Elder got one that night......I arrived home about 3 the following morning.

Commy
Been Liked: 464 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm

I had it out with the club years ago. Those who attend all the away games should be looked after. I am sure a team, could have been Rovers or Bolton, had an away season ticket quite a number of years ago. I think they paid extra and got vouchers in the back of the season ticket book for away games. They would be limited but at least people who went to all the matches would get tickets.
These 2 users liked this post: simonclaret levraiclaret

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4800 times
Has Liked: 943 times

Post by jdrobbo » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm

Passionate words coming from a place of frustration and anger, but also from someone who works tirelessly on behalf of the supporters groups at our club, to implement change and improvement.

I was gutted to learn a few weeks ago that I wouldn’t be able to attend the game. The rescheduled date clashes with work commitments. I do feel for those with such high loyalty, who have missed out.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Tony.
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie ClaretAL MT03ALG

Sproggy
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by Sproggy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:58 pm

Anyone got a mop and bucket? Going to be a lot of tears on this thread. I think the loyalty points system is fine and I think a ballot on this occasion was fine too.
These 21 users liked this post: Royboyclaret RVclaret ropecatchmonkey Les Lawrence The Hung Juror MeeActon1 Claretswift Flying Without Ings Accrington claret sjb bfcmik box_of_frogs bobinho Stockbrokerbelt Britannia Claret Elizabeth BurnleyFC Terrier CanuckClaret 4midable deanothedino

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by boyyanno » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:00 pm

It's a shame that you've resorted to digging our club out like this.

As many have said no matter how they did it people would be unhappy. What a shame to see a self professed "super" fan of the club who runs a successful messageboard use the platform to knock the club because he couldn't get a ticket.
These 17 users liked this post: WestMidsClaret Stalbansclaret ropecatchmonkey MeeActon1 Claretswift Flying Without Ings AGENT_CLARET Nori1958 sjb timel0veandtendayi bobinho 4midable Hopey Elizabeth Terrier CanuckClaret Cooclaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:05 pm

Royboyclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:54 pm
Can't believe you actually missed the 4-1 win at Ewood in '65......A Willie Irvine double and even Alex Elder got one that night......I arrived home about 3 the following morning.
My mum to blame Roy. My dad couldn't go and there was no way she was allowing it. I'd been to Old Trafford on the previous Saturday for the cup tie.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:06 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:00 pm
It's a shame that you've resorted to digging our club out like this.

As many have said no matter how they did it people would be unhappy. What a shame to see a self professed "super" fan of the club who runs a successful messageboard use the platform to knock the club because he couldn't get a ticket.
I'm not a self professed anything and I'm not using anything to knock the club, I'm just saying how I feel about how things have been done.
This user liked this post: levraiclaret

Conroy92
Been Liked: 497 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:07 pm

Also think the frustrations are badly aimed. Blackburn are the villains in this scenario. We have tried to offer a fair scenario in which fans above 6k points have an equal share in the chance of getting a ticket.
Last edited by Conroy92 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretcarrot93
Been Liked: 394 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by claretcarrot93 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:08 pm

Its one game, its Blackburn's fault not Burnley's. Very OTT reaction
These 5 users liked this post: Claretswift AGENT_CLARET CanuckClaret 4midable Cooclaret

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:08 pm

Hang their heads in shame over what? Not much option due to the decision made by Rovers on allocation.
These 2 users liked this post: Claretswift Stockbrokerbelt

Royboyclaret

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:09 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:05 pm
My mum to blame Roy. My dad couldn't go and there was no way she was allowing it. I'd been to Old Trafford on the previous Saturday for the cup tie.
The Willie Irvine double was special......can still recall both goals going in.....no sleep that night.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:09 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:07 pm
Also think the frustrations are badly aimed. Blackburn are the villains in this scenario. We have tried to offer a fair scenario in which fans above 6k points have an equal share in the chance of getting a ticket.
Make no mistake, I've aimed my anger at them too without a doubt.
This user liked this post: turfytopper

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:12 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:06 pm
I'm not a self professed anything and I'm not using anything to knock the club, I'm just saying how I feel about how things have been done.
Nonsense. You've written and published an article after finding out you didn't get a ticket. You didn't write it when the ballot was announced. You're just upset you didn't get a ticket. You even revel in past issues in that article just to get one back on the club with your "Surely we’d learned our lesson. Oh no we hadn’t" quip.

Further to that you think your entitled to a ticket which is another load of nonsense. Shameful that you've written that it really is.
These 6 users liked this post: ropecatchmonkey Claretswift AGENT_CLARET Stockbrokerbelt 4midable deanothedino

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:12 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:08 pm
Hang their heads in shame over what? Not much option due to the decision made by Rovers on allocation.
I think both clubs have got it wrong. They have been shameful with their decision but we haven't dealt with it very well in my view, and nothing will change my opinion.

JarrowClaret
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by JarrowClaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:13 pm

jdrobbo wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm
Passionate words coming from a place of frustration and anger, but also from someone who works tirelessly on behalf of the supporters groups at our club, to implement change and improvement.

I was gutted to learn a few weeks ago that I wouldn’t be able to attend the game. The rescheduled date clashes with work commitments.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Tony.
As passionate as it was written, I think it is misguided and based on the disappointment of not getting a ticket rather than the overall situation. If it is about fan engagement 100% that needs to improve and I do think we need to have much fairer system than the ballot today to get tickets for games like this in the future what that is I don’t know. My issue with the article is I believe if he had got his own way and they used a higher loyalty number instead, he wouldn’t have written it even though there would have been people with 6, 7 maybe 8000 loyalty points who have attended most/ all away games missing out who would have been just as disappointed. We are no doubt seeing people under the 6000 threshold who attend all or most away games missing out as well. As much as the Club didn’t get today right in my opinion they at least tried to be fair to everyone above 6000 points.
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:13 pm

Conroy92 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:07 pm
This is quite a good point in that by keeping the loyalty point threshold the same as the first-release for other high-demand games, BFC are making sure that it is purely BRFC’s decision with the allocation that is responsible for fans above this threshold missing out on tickets.
These 2 users liked this post: boyyanno Royboyclaret

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:14 pm

Tony, I'm sorry you've missed out. You really did deserve to be successful for the hard work you've put into anything connected with Club, be it as a supporter, or on committees.

As I put on another thread, " don't buy a thing from that lot". If they order 1,000 pies, our supporters should leave them with 1,000 pies. It's not much, but but they'd probably have to give them away to the needy.
In 1962, when we played them at home, supporters were given a ticket with a letter of the alphabet on it. As their supporters entered a turnstile on any part of the ground, they were also given 1. I wasn't lucky in the ballot that followed, but my dad was and gave me his, so I could go to the FA Cup Final. But it also meant some Rovers supporters could also go to the Final. 60 years on and I still hurt, over the thought of it.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:14 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:12 pm
I think both clubs have got it wrong. They have been shameful with their decision but we haven't dealt with it very well in my view, and nothing will change my opinion.
Not sure how else the club could fairly allocate the small allocation with the massive demand.
These 2 users liked this post: AGENT_CLARET CanuckClaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:15 pm

JarrowClaret wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:13 pm
As passionate as it was written, I think it is misguided and based on the disappointment of not getting a ticket rather than the overall situation. If it is about fan engagement 100% that needs to improve and I do think we need to have much fairer system than the ballot today to get tickets for games like this in the future what that is I don’t know. My issue with the article is I believe if he had got his own way and they used a higher loyalty number instead, he wouldn’t have written it even though there would have been people with 6, 7 maybe 8000 loyalty points who have attended most/ all away games missing out who would have been just as disappointed. We are no doubt seeing people under the 6000 threshold who attend all or most away games missing out as well. As much as the Club didn’t get today right in my opinion they at least tried to be fair to everyone above 6000 points.
I would have written it, you've got that wrong - I had it written in two ways for not getting one and getting one and I was still as critical with the one I didn't use.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:16 pm

Bfc wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:14 pm
Tony, I'm sorry you've missed out. You really did deserve to be successful for the hard work you've put into anything connected with Club, be it as a supporter, or on committees.

As I put on another thread, " don't buy a thing from that lot". If they order 1,000 pies, our supporters should leave them with 1,000 pies. It's not much, but but they'd probably have to give them away to the needy.
In 1962, when we played them at home, supporters were given a ticket with a letter of the alphabet on it. As their supporters entered a turnstile on any part of the ground, they were also given 1. I wasn't lucky in the ballot that followed, but my dad was and gave me his, so I could go to the FA Cup Final. But it also meant some Rovers supporters could also go to the Final. 60 years on and I still hurt, over the thought of it.
I remember the vouchers - what a game to choose to give them out.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:17 pm

Not sure how else the club could fairly allocate the small allocation with the massive demand.
The fair way is what they said they were going to do at the start of the season and raise the points threshold if necessary.

Another point is that it's hard to believe anyone saying Tony should blame Blackburn instead has read the article where he criticises them in stronger terms than just about anything I've read since the decision was made.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:17 pm

@Sproggy and @Boyanno you’re both totalling missing the point here.

There wasn’t criticism of the points system or digging out of the club in respect of a ballot being used. The issue, perfectly highlighted, was the method of ballot used.

Should those with the highest number of points, those who have followed the club to destinations that many other didn’t want to, be grouped in with those with fewer points? Personally, I don’t think that they should.

We should be rewarding those that have put the effort in - they’re not super fans or anything else but they’re committed and should have first dibs on a ticket.

Ultimately, this is on Rovers. However, our club, dealt a bit of a shitty hand has played it poorly.

If I had 8000 points and lost out to a group of supporters on 13000, I’d accept that to be considered in future, I need to get more points.
These 2 users liked this post: simonclaret levraiclaret

RickyBobby
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by RickyBobby » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:17 pm

Having a ballot isn‘t what is wrong, it is going back on their word of what they said would happen for high demand games that is.

Snd the comments from the club about the foodbank is disgusting and shocking. Shows not only how out of touch the club is with the fans, and Burnley the town, but also how out of touch with the world and reality they are.
None of this surprises me at all though, and that is the worst thing about it. We have come to expect this from the ticket office and from the club.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:18 pm

It is Rovers fault

Thats it

The club have just tried to mitigate it in what they think is the fairest way possible
These 8 users liked this post: The Hung Juror Britannia Claret Britannia Claret Stalbansclaret ŽižkovClaret CanuckClaret Cooclaret SouthLondonexile

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:18 pm

I would start by making the 2000 tickets available to people with 10,000+ loyalty points (allowing only one additional ticket purchase in the process).

If that’s still too many, to season ticket holders

And if that’s still too many, to people who have attended at least 6/7 away games

It’s called loyalty for a reason. This feels like SKY tv offering a deal for £49 to new customers, whilst leaving those who have been loyal with a bill of £120 to pay.
These 3 users liked this post: Bosscat aclaretinstevenage longsidepies

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:20 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:18 pm
It is Rovers fault

Thats it

The club have just tried to mitigate it in what they think is the fairest way possible
It’s not really the fairest way though is it? If you have a loyalty points system, those with the greatest points should get the rewards, otherwise why bother collating points in the first place.

RMutt
Been Liked: 373 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by RMutt » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:21 pm

I must admit I’m coming round to the Burnley should have told Rovers to stick their tickets way of thinking. Created some embarrassing publicity for them.

Royboyclaret

Post by Royboyclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:21 pm

Come on CT.....back to the football.....when Irvine burst the net with his second goal.....you must have seen it since?.......match tickets come a remote second.

Vince Fontaine
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Vince Fontaine » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:22 pm

I totally agree with you Tony.
The way Blackburn have behaved is beyond petty and spiteful but then again there is no surprise there. Burnley however have, in one foul swoop, managed to anger a great number of their own supporters for no good reason beyond laziness and short sightedness. If the club had gone to, as Tony suggested they mentioned, the supporters with the most loyalty points first, say above 10,000 then 8,000 6,000 and so on the supporters who have been most loyal would be going. I speak as someone with two children aged 25 and 27 all 3 of us have over 11,000 point and were unsuccessful. My brother and his daughter who applied for their own tickets, I usually get them via friends and family, and have less than 9,000 each and have been successful. This means that the 3 people who have attended over 200 away and cup matches more since the system was introduced don’t get to go. The ballot did not reward loyalty. Those who are going hope you enjoy the match. I certainly won’t be going to the fanzone, they can stick that!

Tony hope you get a ticket, if I get one I’ll pass it on to you. See you at Middlesbrough UTC

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:23 pm

That's a data breach as well Tony, you receiving that email.

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 192 times

Post by bumba » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:24 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:06 pm
Your knocking the club because you didn't get a ticket, poor do really.
Said it before and I'll say it again scrap the loyalty system completely and go straight to season ticket first come first served.
Why should people who have more spare time get first choice?
The same people moaning at not getting a ticket are the same people who moaned for a loyalty system in the first place so they got first choice, now you all want to move the goal posts again to be selfish.
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 192 times

Post by bumba » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:25 pm

jdrobbo wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:18 pm
I would start by making the 2000 tickets available to people with 10,000+ loyalty points (allowing only one additional ticket purchase in the process).

If that’s still too many, to season ticket holders

And if that’s still too many, to people who have attended at least 6/7 away games

It’s called loyalty for a reason. This feels like SKY tv offering a deal for £49 to new customers, whilst leaving those who have been loyal with a bill of £120 to pay.
That's exactly what happens, same with phone companies

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 2963 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:25 pm

Entirely Rovers faukt . No system could possibly make every deserving person happy and I strongly believe you are wrong to criticise BFC. We who have been denied attendance should think on this and let it feed our loathing of them down the road and their pathetic, small-minded, spiteful agenda.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:26 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:20 pm
It’s not really the fairest way though is it? If you have a loyalty points system, those with the greatest points should get the rewards, otherwise why bother collating points in the first place.
You had to have 6000 points to even get into the draw

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:26 pm

As said the club ca not do anything about what Blackburn have done.
But we could have done something about the allocation which was fairer than the ballot.

It really isn’t that complicated to prioritise those fans who have shown the most loyalty in supporting the club.
A combination of away games attended and season ticket purchased would have been fairer.

If you are travelling hundreds or thousands of miles a season to follow Burnley and regularly buying a season ticket then it’s pretty logical that they deserve a ticket more than someone who just attends the home games.

It’s rubbish…..but when supply is limited you have to prioritise in some way rather than make it random across several thousand

JarrowClaret

Post by JarrowClaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:27 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:15 pm
I would have written it, you've got that wrong - I had it written in two ways for not getting one and getting one and I was still as critical with the one I didn't use.
You miss read what I said I think or I worded badly, I have no doubt that there was 2 articles for the ballot today I get that. My point about you not writing an article was about if you had got what you seem to want and they used a higher threshold of loyalty points meaning you would have got a ticket. That would have been seen as unfair to people with less loyalty pints as you but who may have attended just as many away games this season and last as you feel the ballot was as well.

The overall point I agree with though the ballot whilst I think it was well meaning ie trying to be fair to all above 6000 loyalty points I don’t think they got it right. They should have come up with the way forwards for tickets in consultation with the supporters group as whatever they came up with was going to annoy someone so best to have a joint strategy I guess.

Lambo
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by Lambo » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:27 pm

You’re aiming your ire at the wrong people…this is solely, squarely, undeniably the fault of our horse bothering friends up the M65…petty in the extreme BUT it’s not Burnley’s fault…we’re having a fantastic season so demand for tickets is high for all games, some have been lucky for the Ewood game, some not but it’s not worth falling out with the club over…as a team, this will be the best possible motivation for Vincent and the players, for those lucky enough to have received tickets I agree, spend absolutely NOTHING at Ewood…sing your hearts out, support the players, boo the opposition, sing about how shi*e they are and we’ll batter the bas***ds again…UTC

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:27 pm

bumba wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:24 pm
Your knocking the club because you didn't get a ticket, poor do really.
Said it before and I'll say it again scrap the loyalty system completely and go straight to season ticket first come first served.
Why should people who have more spare time get first choice?
The same people moaning at not getting a ticket are the same people who moaned for a loyalty system in the first place so they got first choice, now you all want to move the goal posts again to be selfish.

With respect, and you surely know this, if you read any of Tony’s pieces around BFCSG, I think his frustration relates to the endless hours of work and communication that he has spent, on behalf of all supporters groups, communicating on issues around fan engagement and ticketing.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:31 pm

What’s the average age of those with 10k+ points I wonder?

What I’m interested in is the rate you accrue points if we were to go with this idea of rewarding those at the extreme end of the points total first.

What if a fan is in his/her late 20s and has had a ST for the last 5 years and been to most away games in that period? Because if the answer is less than 5-6k, then you’ve got a system that rewards how long you’ve been or working/earning age or on this planet, which isn’t very fair in my opinion.

For the record I didn’t get a ticket. No qualms. It’s the nature of a balllot.
This user liked this post: JohnMac

Hbclaret007
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Hbclaret007 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:32 pm

Sorry if I've missed this, but how many tickets did we allocate Rovers for TM?

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:33 pm

Where were the articles for the Blackpool and Luton games this season? Or in other seasons where this issue has crept up? People have been trying to highlight for years the crap loyalty points system, but too many were happy to sit back and accept it because they were sorted out.
These 4 users liked this post: WestMidsClaret Nori1958 AGENT_CLARET Foshiznik

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:34 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:33 pm
Where were the articles for the Blackpool and Luton games this season? Or in other seasons where this issue has crept up? People have been trying to highlight for years the crap loyalty points system, but too many were happy to sit back and accept it because they were sorted out.
Must admit, that was my first thought

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:34 pm

A very accurate article. Absolutely spot on. Easy to say CT is only complaining because he's not got a ticket, but I believe what he says in that he'd have been equally critical had he got one.

I could just as easily suggest those disagreeing with the article are only doing so because they got one.

As ever though, it's the fans that suffer from the decisions made by owners and executives who haven't a clue.

JarrowClaret

Post by JarrowClaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:35 pm

Hbclaret007 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:32 pm
Sorry if I've missed this, but how many tickets did we allocate Rovers for TM?
Very similar amount in figured but it was the full away end is it around 2300.

Les Lawrence
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Les Lawrence » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:44 pm

My son has got one, he's not bothered about going, think someone in the ticket office got him it

boyyanno

Post by boyyanno » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 pm

DCWat wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:17 pm
@Sproggy and @Boyanno you’re both totalling missing the point here.

There wasn’t criticism of the points system or digging out of the club in respect of a ballot being used. The issue, perfectly highlighted, was the method of ballot used.

Should those with the highest number of points, those who have followed the club to destinations that many other didn’t want to, be grouped in with those with fewer points? Personally, I don’t think that they should.

We should be rewarding those that have put the effort in - they’re not super fans or anything else but they’re committed and should have first dibs on a ticket.

Ultimately, this is on Rovers. However, our club, dealt a bit of a shitty hand has played it poorly.

If I had 8000 points and lost out to a group of supporters on 13000, I’d accept that to be considered in future, I need to get more points.
The simple fact is this, do you think you deserve a ticket more, or that you're a bigger fan than someone like my nephew, who has been to every game for the last 5 seasons (he's 10) but won't have enough points to get a ticket for this game because he's not old enough to accrue enough points? Yet he's supported Burnley since he was born, saves up his pocket money to buy shirts etc and has been to conceivably every game he could in his lifetime.

You see, no matter what it's unfair on someone. And yet my 10 year old nephew has taken it like a man and is at least happy someone else will go and support the team in his stead. He's not slamming the club and saying they should hang their head.

And you think it's me missing the point?
These 6 users liked this post: AGENT_CLARET Sproggy TravisBickle CanuckClaret 4midable SouthLondonexile

DCWat

Post by DCWat » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:26 pm
You had to have 6000 points to even get into the draw
You did, but when you have a lot of people with far higher points, such a low threshold was inevitably going to see a greater number of the more deserving missing out.

They surely had to reward those at the top level first and foremost and then open it up to lower tiers afterwards, if any remained.

Papabendi
Been Liked: 346 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:46 pm

Les Lawrence wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:44 pm
My son has got one, he's not bothered about going, think someone in the ticket office got him it
Plenty of games I have had to miss, mainly due to my location these days and my seeming lack of 'superfan status'.
As others have pointed out, an article has been written this time because someone is not going.
This user liked this post: bobinho