ARTICLE: Clubs should hang their heads in shame over derby tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Re: ARTICLE: Clubs should hang their heads in shame over derby tickets

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:27 pm

loyalty works both ways, the club have handled this abysmally
This user liked this post: simonclaret

Vince Fontaine
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by Vince Fontaine » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:29 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:18 pm
"the more deserving"? It was a ballot where everyone had an even chance, not a competition: Finish this sentence in 150 words or less: I deserve a bastards ticket because....
I have a season ticket and more than 6000 points. But didn’t get one ( even though I have over 11,100 points) because our club made a balls of allocating them.

UTC

equinox
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by equinox » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:30 pm

1500 away season tickets being made available at the start of the season for anyone, regardless of how many points you have would sort alot of this sort of thing out
These 3 users liked this post: Vegas Claret bfcmartin TravisBickle

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:32 pm

PremierLeagueClass wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:09 pm
Which is wrong in my opinion.

I’m not saying don’t let people into a ballot past a certain point so you’ve got a chance but surely there has to be some incentive to keep going. Otherwise, what’s the point in continuing to accrue points past 6,000?
Fair enough point PLC, we have always got the fallback of whatever system is adopted it’s flawed which ever way we look at it.

There are 2000 tickets available all I am bothered about is that they are filled by 2000 clarets.
These 2 users liked this post: PremierLeagueClass Dark Cloud

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1282 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:32 pm

The way Blackburn has cut the away allocation is spiteful. Fortunately (touch wood), we won't have to play them again for a few seasons.

IrkthePurists
Been Liked: 28 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by IrkthePurists » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:33 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:20 pm
The 2000 people with the highest number of points, in descending order, should get one ticket each.
I made this suggestion too. Enter a ballot then allocate in order based on points rather than a random draw. Seems fair to me.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:33 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:32 pm
The way Blackburn has cut the away allocation is spiteful. Fortunately (touch wood), we won't have to play them again for a few seasons.
I hope we get them away in the FA CUp and they HAVE to give us more
This user liked this post: Cirrus_Minor

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3597 times

Post by DCWat » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:34 pm

martin_p wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:57 pm
I’m not sure I’d agree that those that go most weeks are ‘the most committed’. They’re certainly the most fortunate in having the time and money to go every week, but many who don’t have the time or money are just as committed. I’m sure in a perfect world lots would go on every week, but family commitments can’t be ignored nor can money be spent on what is essentially a ‘nice to have’ leisure activity when bills need to be paid.

This is not intended in anyway as a criticism of those who can go every week, just pointing out that to say they are the ‘most committed’ is the ignore lots of factors that stop others going.
Fair points, Martin.

The Hung Juror
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by The Hung Juror » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:34 pm

Let’s be clear here, this is entirely the fault of that selfish pathetic spiteful areshole of a club down the road. Rovers should indeed be hanging their heads in shame.

Our fantastic club on the other hand, because of Rovers antics, were given the unenviable task of trying to come me up with a method of allocation that was as fair as possible. I think the criticism of our club on this board is very poor and misguided. Because let’s also be clear we will never have a system that’s is acceptable to everyone, because it does not exist. People have critised the loyalty points system in the past and others have suggested having ballots before, and I think they simple thought a hybrid system would be better.

I think the current loyalty points method is not perfect but as good as you will get. The people with over 10,000 points who are bleating on here because they haven’t got a ticket, and think they should have because they are a loyal supporter, having not missed an away game since I don’t know when should have a reality check. Is being a loyal fan a person who has both the time and the money to go to all the games. Or a person who has other commitments, perhaps a family, young children, a relative who depends on them and therefore goes only when they can. Or a person who has little money and cannot afford to go to all the games, but nonetheless what spare money they do have they use in supporting the club they love.

In my book loyalty doesn’t mean going to every game, it means continuing to support your club in whatever circumstances you find yourself in by whatever way you able to, in rain or shine.
These 9 users liked this post: Dark Cloud Oppycat whalleyclaret bobinho Whitgord TravisBickle Andingle Fretters Stayingup

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2311 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by fatboy47 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:35 pm

I'd have allocated them on alphabetical order.

Fairest way.

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:36 pm

I just hope we are 4 nil up at half time, in order to wipe any smiles off their pathetic, horrible faces.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:37 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:35 pm

Fairest way.
First name or surname?

People will just change their name by deed poll to Aaron A Aardvark anyway. You haven’t thought this through!!

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1745 times
Has Liked: 344 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:37 pm

The club shouldn't have been put into this situation. It's ****** everyone off other than those lucky to get tickets.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:38 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 pm
The simple fact is this, do you think you deserve a ticket more, or that you're a bigger fan than someone like my nephew, who has been to every game for the last 5 seasons (he's 10) but won't have enough points to get a ticket for this game because he's not old enough to accrue enough points? Yet he's supported Burnley since he was born, saves up his pocket money to buy shirts etc and has been to conceivably every game he could in his lifetime.

You see, no matter what it's unfair on someone. And yet my 10 year old nephew has taken it like a man and is at least happy someone else will go and support the team in his stead. He's not slamming the club and saying they should hang their head.

And you think it's me missing the point?
As has been said, no matter how you hone the system there are always going to be those critical of it, generally from their perspective of how they're represented in the system

As to CT, and that has also been pointed out by many, his article does come across as unwarranted negativity emanating from a sense of entitlement. He will know if he handed it off to a trusted source for peer review. I would strongly have advised him to do some hefty redlining if I was such a source. He had the opportunity to make strong points while avoiding what are now the two recall points - club criticism and sense of entitlement.

He does an incredible amount of work based on the platform that is BFC. Some of it is to his benefit, some to the benefit of the fans, and some of it to charitable causes. Most of us are highly appreciative of his efforts. That said, there is some poetic symmetry in his entitlement not being "rewarded" by the draw of the ballot, but Tony's loss is someone else's gain, maybe someone like boyyanno's son.
This user liked this post: bobinho

Vince Fontaine

Post by Vince Fontaine » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:38 pm

equinox wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:30 pm
1500 away season tickets being made available at the start of the season for anyone, regardless of how many points you have would sort alot of this sort of thing out
Now this sounds good. I’ll have 3 please and I’ll get them for every match. I’ll use them for the matches I want and If I don’t want to or can’t attend I’ll pass them on to people who can or want to.

UTC

equinox

Post by equinox » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:38 pm

fatboy47 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:35 pm

Fairest way.
You'd be okay Mr Absolutely Fat B@stard
This user liked this post: fatboy47

The Hung Juror
Been Liked: 107 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by The Hung Juror » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:39 pm

martin_p wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:57 pm
I’m not sure I’d agree that those that go most weeks are ‘the most committed’. They’re certainly the most fortunate in having the time and money to go every week, but many who don’t have the time or money are just as committed. I’m sure in a perfect world lots would go on every week, but family commitments can’t be ignored nor can money be spent on what is essentially a ‘nice to have’ leisure activity when bills need to be paid.

This is not intended in anyway as a criticism of those who can go every week, just pointing out that to say they are the ‘most committed’ is the ignore lots of factors that stop others going.
Absolutely Martin couldn’t agree more. Saw your post after I posted mine.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:40 pm

ChorltonCharlie wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:26 pm
Tony says he’d have written this article regardless. Where was the article all season? Every game has in effect been a ballot. Tony even references this with the Luton game. Usually demand hasn’t been an issue, but there’s many people with over 6,000 points who have had tickets by 10:15 on sale dates because they’re fortunate enough that either they or someone on their behalf can be available to buy tickets at that time. I don’t agree with the clubs ticket policy, but they could actually be commended for ensuring all 6,000+ fans have equal opportunity regardless of personal circumstances.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I personally think that Tony fits the profile of fan who should have been prioritised for this game. Current ST holder that attends the vast majority of away games. That’s what these systems were designed for. So I do have a lot of sympathy’s for Tony and others with similar attendance who have missed out.

On the other hand though I know there are people who are part of these supporters groups who seem to have little intention of the club changing for the better and do so out of what seems self-interest. That is not aimed at Tony, but I do know there are people close to him that have given off that vibe. The current system is discriminatory against younger fans. Kid’s will always be the emotive argument, but it goes beyond that. The club have an ethos of One Club for All. The current system is not inclusive, it’s exclusive. We want you to be a Burnley fan, but if there’s a high profile away game we’re going to prioritise fans where a large proportion are middle aged white guys who are have been financially well off enough to buy a season ticket since we started the system. To be inclusive the system needs to reward loyalty whilst having target points that are attainable to all fans if they put the effort in. That’s why most clubs use a rolling system.

If you read Tony’s article, it shows what I mean. There’s no questioning of the system in general. Only the starting point totals and that they should have been higher. It’s very hard not to see beyond self-interest.
Agree with a lot of this.
I actually think a lot of fans would agree with greater inclusiveness across ages, gender, etc.
But this could also be achieved by setting aside a percentage of every allocation for this and developing a fairer loyalty system alongside this.
It’s really difficult to cover every scenario for every season or every game as something like the blackburn decision hits you by surprise. But you can work on some key principles within your loyalty system and always try and incorporate these with any scenario - and if for some reason this is impossible or unworkable for a specific game this is where you should consult with a supporters group to try and come up with the fairest approach possible.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:41 pm

The Hung Juror wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:34 pm
Let’s be clear here, this is entirely the fault of that selfish pathetic spiteful areshole of a club down the road. Rovers should indeed be hanging their heads in shame.

Our fantastic club on the other hand, because of Rovers antics, were given the unenviable task of trying to come me up with a method of allocation that was as fair as possible. I think the criticism of our club on this board is very poor and misguided. Because let’s also be clear we will never have a system that’s is acceptable to everyone, because it does not exist. People have critised the loyalty points system in the past and others have suggested having ballots before, and I think they simple thought a hybrid system would be better.

I think the current loyalty points method is not perfect but as good as you will get. The people with over 10,000 points who are bleating on here because they haven’t got a ticket, and think they should have because they are a loyal supporter, having not missed an away game since I don’t know when should have a reality check. Is being a loyal fan a person who has both the time and the money to go to all the games. Or a person who has other commitments, perhaps a family, young children, a relative who depends on them and therefore goes only when they can. Or a person who has little money and cannot afford to go to all the games, but nonetheless what spare money they do have they use in supporting the club they love.

In my book loyalty doesn’t mean going to every game, it means continuing to support your club in whatever circumstances you find yourself in by whatever way you able to, in rain or shine.
100% this imo.
This user liked this post: The Hung Juror

Accrington claret
Been Liked: 70 times
Has Liked: 153 times

Post by Accrington claret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:42 pm

I was lucky enough to get a ticket as were quite a few friends. we all have around the 10,000 points mark
Personally i think the fairest thing to do from the club would have been to tell Blackburn to keep their poxy 2000 tickets
so unfair that people have attended every home and away game for years then miss out where others get tickets who are using friends points
Not sure if it's true but i heard that Dave Burnley didn't get a ticket ?
This user liked this post: Clive 1960

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:43 pm

One things for sure, in trying to improve their chances with this stunt Rovers have done the complete opposite. Everyone will be so fired up for this they should get blown away just like they did at Turf Moor.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:45 pm

What have the foodbanks got anything to do with ticket allocation....no reason for that to be mentioned in the article.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:48 pm

Hopefully Sky will show the game live and then the people who didn't get tickets won't miss out
This user liked this post: Vince Fontaine

Goalposts
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 142 times

Post by Goalposts » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:49 pm

Basically, Blackburn through a totally unprofessional behaviour and basically a lack of leadership at the club have created this situation.

I suspect even with 7k tickets we would not have enough. There is no perfect ballot system , set it at whatever points you want , people will be dissapointed, as it excludes the young , limits families going etc , friends that have gone together miss out for one etc etc…. You can purchase tickets from Blackburn for home ends if you buy the 5 game package at £99 , but interestingly they have not yet put the burnley game on sale yet even for home fans other than in the package.
This user liked this post: Accrington claret

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:49 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:48 pm
Hopefully Sky will show the game live and then the people who didn't get tickets won't miss out
I’ve already been in touch and they’ve agreed to put it on. Thank me later.

G0foste
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by G0foste » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:51 pm

The ballot seems fair to me, however two change are needed

1) Loyalty points need to be based on a rolling basis (3-5 years).

2) Whatever the process the club decides on it needs to be consistent for every match

Imagine if Newcastle,Man Utd etc had a policy where the fans with the most points got for away tickets, it would be the exact same 3,000 fans at every away game, surely that is the very definition of unfairness, it become a closed circle.
These 3 users liked this post: bfcmartin Stanbill05 AGENT_CLARET

Sozturf7
Been Liked: 89 times

Post by Sozturf7 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:52 pm

A lot of very disappointed fans. Perhaps club could have done better, however they would never be able to satisfy everyone. Let's hope the team give them a drubbing.

Vince Fontaine

Post by Vince Fontaine » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:54 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:48 pm
I guess you’ll be paying my subscription then as I don’t have sky!
Next stupid comment please.

UTC

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:57 pm

martin_p wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:49 pm
I’ve already been in touch and they’ve agreed to put it on. Thank me later.
Im ok as I've got IPTV but I'm sure the OP will thankyou once he's calmed down as will many others. If I was you I'd make sure you don't make any plans for the night they host the Pride of Britain Awards

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:57 pm
Im ok as I've got IPTV but I'm sure the OP will thankyou once he's calmed down as will many others. If I was you I'd make sure you don't make any plans for the night they host the Pride of Britain Awards
Probably won’t get through the ballot.
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:01 pm

Vince Fontaine wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:54 pm
I guess you’ll be paying my subscription then as I don’t have sky!
Next stupid comment please.

UTC
With the money you've saved from not going on the game you could get a Now TV Sky Sports day pass or eve better treat yourself to some food and a few pints down your local pub and watch it there.

BFC88
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by BFC88 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:05 pm

This is all a result of Blackburn giving a us a shocking allocation of tickets. There was never going to be a 'fair' way of doing this and loyal, diehard fans were always going to miss out.

I'm on 4500 points and I feel aggreived. I've had a season ticket for 15+ years with a break in between for Uni. My points pre-Uni magically disappeared. I feel I deserve a ticket, but it is what it is.

Like I say all goes back to the scandalous, petty allocation all because they are jealous of our club!

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:06 pm

It's just a post-season friendly for us by the time we play it. Don't see the fuss.

ChristheViking
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by ChristheViking » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:08 pm

Whatever the Club did there was always going to be winners and losers. I don't think they anticipated victims but we've got a few of those as well.

A ballot seemed to be pretty fair to me. The entry point for that ballot was the sticking point and there was never going to be agreement on that.

It is what it is. If you got a ticket go enjoy the game. If you didn't watch it on TV and enjoy the game.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 561 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:17 pm

Let’s Face it anyone who didn’t get a ticket is only so bothered because they didn’t get one, they aren’t bothered about the thousands of others who are missing out, get over it and watch it on tv simple as that
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

clitheroeclaret3
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by clitheroeclaret3 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:19 pm

RMutt wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:21 pm
I must admit I’m coming round to the Burnley should have told Rovers to stick their tickets way of thinking. Created some embarrassing publicity for them.

Exactly this judging by the reaction on here. Clarets falling out with Clarets.
Turn it round on to them & tell them what to do with their measly 2k tickets. Cancel them, refund everyone and watch it at home or the pub

cav
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 74 times

Post by cav » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:27 pm

claretsforever wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:53 pm
I am in same boat Tony as u regarding poor allocation from Blackburn and burnley for the shambles regarding loyalty points not being increased. I been to 12 aways games this season and have tickets to next 3 away games Middlesbrough, reading ,Rotherham and have 10490 points and have had a email saying unsuccessful absolute joke
Same! Except I didn't even get the courtesy of an email to tell me I was unsuccessful. Same happened for the Liverpool game 2 years back - I had to find out for myself. They're a bunch of *****

equinox

Post by equinox » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:32 pm

Vince Fontaine wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:38 pm
Now this sounds good. I’ll have 3 please and I’ll get them for every match. I’ll use them for the matches I want and If I don’t want to or can’t attend I’ll pass them on to people who can or want to.

UTC
Excellent initiative.

CaptJohn
Been Liked: 460 times
Has Liked: 329 times

Post by CaptJohn » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:35 pm

Sorry guys Rovers have won twice over.
First by denying so many of our fans the chance to watch the game.
Second by getting us to bicker amongst ourselves.

I agree with all of Tony's comments and ask that not a penny more than neccessary, is spent at Ewood by those attending.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:36 pm

CaptJohn wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:35 pm
Second by getting us to bicker amongst ourselves.
Average day on here.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:38 pm

I don't see that the club has done anything wrong. Once our allocation was so severely and unnecessarily restricted they obviously had to quickly come up with a mechanism for allocating tickets. The process they opted for or raising the priority one threshold from 6,000 points were the obvious options. I would have leaned towards the latter but the former also fair and reasonable in the circumstances. No perfect system and lines have to be drawn which leaves some people disappointed in any system. Ideally we'd have taken zero allocation.
These 2 users liked this post: AGENT_CLARET bobinho

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1130 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:45 pm

Admin, why has my picture been removed

thomaspaine
Been Liked: 83 times
Has Liked: 361 times

Post by thomaspaine » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:45 pm

Whatever the arguments about a ballot system that was always going to cause issues, we all know who the real culprits are. It was a miserable allocation from a tinpot football club and hopefully if our lads need any extra motivation then VK only needs to show them the comments from the hordes of disappointed ticketless Claret fans on this site . A little beacon of light ,has for me been the comments from fans of many other clubs re the despicable ticketing decision by BRFC . We know they are a tinpot club and now everybody else does ….if they didn’t know already …..

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:45 pm

The only poor point from BFC has been taking the tickets. We should have told them to ram it. Ballot was the fairest way. Whilst I disagree with taking the tickets, the club should be applauded for dishing them out as they have.
These 3 users liked this post: Nori1958 bobinho Accrington claret

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:50 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:45 pm
Admin, why has my picture been removed
Other posts gone to.....don't mention dave..

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1130 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:50 pm
Other posts gone to.....don't mention dave..
Wow only one voice allowed, I'm coming off for a few days before I'm banned :lol:

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Ticketing at Burnley has been shocking for a long time, even more so now we are successful and everyone wants to watch us. Nothing to see here.

I have only recently (4000 points now) bought a season ticket, never needed one as there were always seats home and away barring the MASSIVE games we had every ten years or so. Never built up my points on away games either as they came thru either accy or boundary. That’s just how it is.

Happy to castigate that lot down the road for their absolute pettiness. Happy that the rest of the footballing world can now see them for the absolute arseholes I have known them to be for years…. But people having a go at BFC just because they have been unsuccessful in getting a ticket??? Utterly classless in my view.

Have the nous to understand that this was “lose-lose” for our club no matter what they did.

Strikes me that any system that leaves someone with 6000+ points without a ticket will be unacceptable.

There were 2000 tickets available with circa 10,000 wanting to go. Doesn’t take the brains of an archbishop to work out someone’s gonna miss out.

BFC haven’t done an awful lot wrong here…. The fault of this lies with the horse botherers. Blame them instead of Burnley.
These 2 users liked this post: bfcmartin buzzclarets79

LPK
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by LPK » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:02 pm

The club had to draw the threshold somewhere.

Theres teenage lads who have hardly missed a game home and away since becoming Clarets but have only just managed to acquire 6000 points. Where would they stand with your system Tony?

I also know more senior Clarets with 10,00+ points but have never been to an away game. Is it fair they should have a ticket in front of the younger lads who go home and away?

i didnt get one but my son did but the Club have been put in an impossible position by them wipes down the road. I'd have backed a full boycott but I can't blame the Club for their decision.

UTC
This user liked this post: Flying Without Ings

colne-claret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by colne-claret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:07 pm

How quick would this be deleted if it was posted from anybody else on this message board? Lack of class.
This user liked this post: AGENT_CLARET

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:10 pm

The mistake is thinking that perhaps a business cares about your custom or loyalty any business first & foremost cares about generating maximum profit with little interest in anything else, separating a football club what is essentially a business can be blurred emotional detachment away from reality.