JJ and Kealia Watt invest in Burnley FC

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
trawlen
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Re: JJ and Kealia Watt invest in Burnley FC

Post by trawlen » Tue May 02, 2023 6:46 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:42 pm
if I'm remembering the numbers correctly (?) it looks like we've had an extra 30-40 thousand people follow the club on twitter already since the JJ announcement
https://socialblade.com/twitter/user/burnleyofficial

Can't see that many here.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Tue May 02, 2023 6:55 pm

I could care less about the $Value they've invested, it won't be much and will not effect much but it's a step in the right direction.

However getting the Burnley name out in the states, recognition, etc. I think is big and the tip of the iceberg in what Pace & Co are planning in regard to PR/Brand development, etc. I've already had a few people ask me if it was Burnley I support that JJ is involved in, plus several text regarding this.

It's a step in the right direction and I'm all for it :) Especially since they lived relatively close to me and he is so well known & liked, seems a good all round guy and she's no slouch in her own right, I'b interested to see if she starts getting more involved with the women's set up/team.
These 2 users liked this post: Paul Waine Foshiznik

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Tue May 02, 2023 7:14 pm

Comes across very well in his interviews. Let's hope none of our idiots ruin the increased exposure we'll be getting with the Americans on the back of this

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue May 02, 2023 7:25 pm

trawlen wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:46 pm
https://socialblade.com/twitter/user/burnleyofficial

Can't see that many here.
In July 2021 the club had an combined insta/twitter total of 850k

As of today that total is 1.3 Million.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11032 times
Has Liked: 5644 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 7:42 pm

Boxy
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Boxy » Tue May 02, 2023 7:57 pm

Today show has a Average of 3m viewers apparently

Boxy
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Boxy » Tue May 02, 2023 8:02 pm

He was also on the Pat mcafee show , what's a few hundred thousand to a M. Plus was on with other vet players who may or may not be interested themselves

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue May 02, 2023 8:08 pm

I'm sure some will recall that Pace used to talk about making Burnley everyone's favourite 2nd team, or something like that.

Now we've got Watt's talking about swathes of Americans who watch the PL but don't have an affiliation for any particular team and he wants to make Burnley that team for as many as he can.

The script has changed slightly, but it's still the same idea, attract new fans where possible using positive social media, subliminal messaging (Watt's wearing Burnley hats, jumpers etc when he's on American media) and the club being in the PL, broadcast around the world

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 8:08 pm

he is on the Jimmy Fallon show tomorrow night, Jimmy has 50.7 million followers and the Tonight show has 4.5 million on Twitter alone, it will end up on youtube etc as well

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Tue May 02, 2023 8:25 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 4:41 pm
https://twitter.com/squawkstreet/status ... 59Piho1d6w

JJ with an appearance on CNBC just now. Interviewed by stock market veteran Jim Cramer.
Comes across like a very genuine and likeable guy

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2234 times
Has Liked: 2132 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue May 02, 2023 8:29 pm

Fair play to JJ - he’s clearly took his time and learnt about the club & towns history and is talking about the club with knowledge and passion.

I think that is what we can offer to a purist - not necessarily the glitz and glam but what we do have here is special .

Exciting times to be a Claret!
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1641 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Tue May 02, 2023 9:16 pm

Talking of brand enhancement and maximising the impact of high profile figures.

The TV series surely cannot be far away. Just watching episode 7 of Wrexham (the one where they pretend to be studio hosts) and it made me wonder.

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Re: Watt on Earth

Post by timshorts » Tue May 02, 2023 9:21 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:19 pm
Well, its put Wrexham on the map, and in a huge way

Its what the smaller clubs have to do, to find an angle, to find a way in so that people talk about their club rather than the Big Six

And JJ Watt is a huge American football star*

*according to my mate, played both tight end and linebacker**

**I think that is what he said
He was a defensive end. And a particularly good one, the comparison above to David Beckham being quite a good one, really. Neither of the sides that he played with were great. In fact, despite having him, both declined while he was there. Houston seem to be beginning an improvement with a new gm that has an idea of how to run a club. Can't say the same for arizona, and long may that continue as they are in the seahawks division. Houston were a better than average side for a while when they could run the ball and had matt schaub, I suppose but they have been thought of as two of the three most disfuntional teams of the last couple of years.

Anyway, defensive end isn't a position that is "defensive" in the ordinary meaning of the word. It's the main "go flatten the quarterback" position.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 9:30 pm

:lol: he's even using the hashtag, good lad
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-02 1.29.11 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-02 1.29.11 PM.png (151.55 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Pickles
Been Liked: 1390 times
Has Liked: 1223 times

Post by Pickles » Tue May 02, 2023 9:36 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 7:42 pm
massive exposure today
https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/16 ... 02691?s=20
Huge. Surreal. And says they're going to be at the game on Monday.
This user liked this post: bob77

CoolClaret

Re: Watt on Earth

Post by CoolClaret » Tue May 02, 2023 10:01 pm

timshorts wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:21 pm
He was a defensive end. And a particularly good one, the comparison above to David Beckham being quite a good one, really. Neither of the sides that he played with were great. In fact, despite having him, both declined while he was there. Houston seem to be beginning an improvement with a new gm that has an idea of how to run a club. Can't say the same for arizona, and long may that continue as they are in the seahawks division. Houston were a better than average side for a while when they could run the ball and had matt schaub, I suppose but they have been thought of as two of the three most disfuntional teams of the last couple of years.

Anyway, defensive end isn't a position that is "defensive" in the ordinary meaning of the word. It's the main "go flatten the quarterback" position.
They got to the AFC Champ game with DHop, Watt & DeShaun Watson, no?
Bill O'Brien for some reason was given joint HC & GM duties and traded DHop then messed a draft up bigtime and now they're just starting to emerge on the otherside

Not to go off at a tangent mind

Can definitely see a few more American Athletes getting involved!

brigante
Been Liked: 240 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by brigante » Wed May 03, 2023 9:40 am

I'll be honest, Ive not really taken an interest in the NFL in the past so didn't know much about JJ Watt. He's something else isn't he? We're talking stratospheric compared to anybody who has been linked with Burnley in the past.

That link above for the Today programme has to be watched.

This guy could be so good for the town as well as the club. Such a persuasive and powerful ambassador who I think will drive a step change for us.

RN_Claret
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by RN_Claret » Wed May 03, 2023 9:45 am

Already seeing new Americans on Twitter asking about the Clarets. This could be a very positive move - not the Watts' investment - but the knock on effect in the States. Yeee harrrr!

ClaretAndJew
Been Liked: 2819 times
Has Liked: 503 times

Post by ClaretAndJew » Wed May 03, 2023 10:50 am

JJ was on CNBC promoting us again, with discussions about bringing games over to the USA.

Interesting times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k36ngr4I9vU

ClaretPete001
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 163 times

Post by ClaretPete001 » Wed May 03, 2023 10:56 am

On the one hand, we have one NFL player and on the other we will be competing with teams who own NFL franchises and MLS football teams including a group that owns the New York Yankees and a soccer franchise that plays at the Yankees stadium.

I hate to p*ss on people's chips but a bit of perspective would not go amiss.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 722 times
Has Liked: 2025 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Wed May 03, 2023 11:00 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:56 am
On the one hand, we have one NFL player and on the other we will be competing with teams who own NFL franchises and MLS football teams including a group that owns the New York Yankees and a soccer franchise that plays at the Yankees stadium.

Yes, perspective is great if we are only thinking about the money invested, but you cannot ignore the reputational investment this brings too. We aren't competing in the same realms as those teams you mention.
This user liked this post: levraiclaret

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1641 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed May 03, 2023 11:09 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:

Look, in 20 years time we will be looking back and longing for the good old days when clubs were owned by relatively impoverished billionaires rather than rich oil producing nation states, who I suppose are trillionaires. Those nation state clubs are growing, it’ll kill football, certainly the local feel of it, but we have to hang on to what we have as long as possible, knowing it won’t be forever. I don’t think the perspective is lost on anyone.

For me, Mr and Mrs JJ is a hugely positive step, giving us profile while still remaining wedded in the local community. They are flying in on Friday, not just on Monday morning for the game, I see him as keen as mustard, probably wanting something to replace that obsessive edge needed when you are an elite competitor, and a good guy to boot so what is there not to be excited about?

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed May 03, 2023 11:15 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:09 am
Look, in 20 years time we will be looking back and longing for the good old days when clubs were owned by relatively impoverished billionaires rather than rich oil producing nation states, who I suppose are trillionaires. Those nation state clubs are growing, it’ll kill football, certainly the local feel of it, but we have to hang on to what we have as long as possible, knowing it won’t be forever. I don’t think the perspective is lost on anyone.

For me, Mr and Mrs JJ is a hugely positive step, giving us profile while still remaining wedded in the local community. They are flying in on Friday, not just on Monday morning for the game, I see him as keen as mustard, probably wanting something to replace that obsessive edge needed when you are an elite competitor, and a good guy to boot so what is there not to be excited about?
What they said about the charity role the club plays in the town wasn't lost on me

Can anyone imagine a billionaire or nation state coming in and mentioning on Day one to an audience of millions that the town relies on the football club for charity?

Its a hugely positive sign that they get it
These 2 users liked this post: Boss Hogg levraiclaret

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:19 am

ClaretPete001 wrote:

No English team owns a NFL franchise, you've got it the wrong way round.

49ers are the ones who own, or will eventually own, Leeds.
At the 49ers club shop you can buy Leeds' replica kit and other items

There are people wearing it in the Bay area with absolutely no clue about who Leeds are, their standing in the game etc.

It's about generating revenue though, expanding the potential fanbase etc and that's what we will get to a lesser degree from the likes of Watts.
Jenkins didn't appear to have anywhere near this amount of clout when he invested, there was some social media interest, but miles off what we're seeing with the Watts' investment.

Perspective is fine, but rubbishing what the club is trying to do is bizarre and if anything a little close minded
These 3 users liked this post: MeeActon1 elwaclaret Taffy on the wing

Pickles
Been Liked: 1390 times
Has Liked: 1223 times

Post by Pickles » Wed May 03, 2023 11:56 am

It's absolutely surreal hearing "Burnley" spoken on the biggest TV shows in America. I'm all for it, will just take a bit of getting used to.
These 2 users liked this post: levraiclaret Foshiznik

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Wed May 03, 2023 11:58 am

I'd never heard of him.

5 mins of digging later and jesus... the guy is a legend.

He's probably going to the NFL hall of fame, the media ******* loves him, everyone ******* loves him! His foundation raised $40+m for the victims of the Hurricane Harvy and is giving away shitloads of money to schools pretty much every day. He's got more followers on twitter than Brady. The media and fans were genuinely gutted when he announced his retirement.

Even if they just wheeled him out before a game every now and again, it would give exposure like we've never had.

Someone pointing out above that we've got one NFL player vs teams run by owners of multiple US sports franchises - true, but are owners generally liked and coveted by the media or fans? Not really. Lets face it, if you were promoting a brand - would you get Tiger Woods to do it or the guy that runs the PGA? Exactly.

On the whole I'd say this is quite a big deal for us.
These 2 users liked this post: SurreyClaret99 Narwhalchomper

775claret
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by 775claret » Wed May 03, 2023 12:11 pm

tarkys_ears wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:58 am
I'd never heard of him.

5 mins of digging later and jesus... the guy is a legend.

He's probably going to the NFL hall of fame, the media ******* loves him, everyone ******* loves him! His foundation raised $40+m for the victims of the Hurricane Harvy and is giving away shitloads of money to schools pretty much every day. He's got more followers on twitter than Brady. The media and fans were genuinely gutted when he announced his retirement.

Even if they just wheeled him out before a game every now and again, it would give exposure like we've never had.

Someone pointing out above that we've got one NFL player vs teams run by owners of multiple US sports franchises - true, but are owners generally liked and coveted by the media or fans? Not really. Lets face it, if you were promoting a brand - would you get Tiger Woods to do it or the guy that runs the PGA? Exactly.

On the whole I'd say this is quite a big deal for us.
I was chatting on Teams last night with one of my US colleagues (think he's based in Texas) and his first comment was:

"Awesome!  He was one of the better Pro footballers on as well as off the field."

trawlen
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by trawlen » Wed May 03, 2023 12:21 pm

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:09 am
Pretty much this. Very excited and happy with how Pace has managed to develop so many areas of the club so far.

JJ might not have the kind of money to make an impact in transfer budgets but I can see him working wonders for off the field projects, investing in the women's team, brand development and everything else.

It's way better than some no name investor who signs over cheques until they're gone - this should have a bigger impact on long term growth.
This user liked this post: bfcmik

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Wed May 03, 2023 3:18 pm

Kealia said in the interview that she was particularly looking to help the women's team, as well as help promote the club as a whole. The US women's soccer team have a very high profile and she is right up there in that.

2 highly successful athletes, they will, hopefully, direct that drive and focus to promoting the BFC brand to the US and Canada and persuading other North American investors that Burnley is a good place worthy of support.

Elbarad
Been Liked: 149 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Wed May 03, 2023 3:22 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:08 pm
he is on the Jimmy Fallon show tomorrow night, Jimmy has 50.7 million followers and the Tonight show has 4.5 million on Twitter alone, it will end up on youtube etc as well
I thought all of these late night shows were showing re-runs due to the writers strike?

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed May 03, 2023 3:25 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 3:22 pm
I thought all of these late night shows were showing re-runs due to the writers strike?
not according to the schedule but that's the first I've heard o any strike, be a shame if it gets potted

Elbarad
Been Liked: 149 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Wed May 03, 2023 3:39 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 3:25 pm
not according to the schedule but that's the first I've heard o any strike, be a shame if it gets potted
I'm hardly an expert, I don't watch any of the late night shows on in the USA for several reasons, the primary one being I'm in bed when they come on because I'm not a kid anymore! :shock:

But here's a link.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... ers-strike

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed May 03, 2023 3:47 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 3:39 pm
I'm hardly an expert, I don't watch any of the late night shows on in the USA for several reasons, the primary one being I'm in bed when they come on because I'm not a kid anymore! :shock:

But here's a link.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... ers-strike
same here !!! hopefully they will get him on soon then
This user liked this post: Elbarad

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Wed May 03, 2023 4:16 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:19 am

There are people wearing it in the Bay area with absolutely no clue about who Leeds are, their standing in the game etc.

It's about generating revenue though, expanding the potential fanbase etc and that's what we will get to a lesser degree from the likes of Watts.
Jenkins didn't appear to have anywhere near this amount of clout when he invested, there was some social media interest, but miles off what we're seeing with the Watts' investment.

Perspective is fine, but rubbishing what the club is trying to do is bizarre and if anything a little close minded
What''s the point of saying 'perspective is fine' and then equating it to 'rubbishing the club?

The fact is generating PR for a brand like Burnley in the US is difficult when we are directly competing with some of the biggest names in the global sporting arena who own huge sporting franchises and iconic stadiums in the US.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed May 03, 2023 4:20 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:16 pm
What''s the point of saying 'perspective is fine' and then equating it to 'rubbishing the club?

The fact is generating PR for a brand like Burnley in the US is difficult when we are directly competing with some of the biggest names in the global sporting arena who own huge sporting franchises and iconic stadiums in the US.
and yet we've managed to get one of the biggest stars to do it for us - that's the point

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Wed May 03, 2023 4:30 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:20 pm
and yet we've managed to get one of the biggest stars to do it for us - that's the point
I know that's your point.

But you are comparing one NFL player to people who own whole NFL teams and the New York Yankees and the Yankee stadium. And that's my point....!

Two points one forum - what's the issue?

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3153 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 03, 2023 4:44 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:

Only two Premier League club owners also own NFL franchises

Stan Kroenke - Arsenal and the LA Rams

Shahid Khan - Fulham and Jacksonville Jaguars

SF49ers hold around 44% of Leeds, have an agreement in place to buy the rest - but that seems dependent on Premier League survival as there is no price agreed if Leeds are in the Championship

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Wed May 03, 2023 4:49 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:30 pm

But you are comparing one NFL player to people who own whole NFL teams and the New York Yankees and the Yankee stadium. And that's my point....!

I'm not doing anything, you've mixed me up with someone else Pete ! I get your point but we have to start somewhere and this is a superb start

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed May 03, 2023 4:53 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:

Give it a rest mate!.......Pointless argument. Ask yourself, are we better off with or without JJ Watt?
This user liked this post: Turfytop

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Wed May 03, 2023 5:27 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:53 pm
Give it a rest mate!.......Pointless argument. Ask yourself, are we better off with or without JJ Watt?
I would give it a rest if you would stop asking me crass questions. You could try to resolve the falling sea levels by standing on Blackpool pier and having a p*ss and asking the question - is this helping?

And no doubt people would look at the 54,000 km3 of water and the cup full of pea you were depositing into and go 'yes pal' have another ten pints you are getting there before swiftly moving on....

And talking of swiftly moving on.....!

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed May 03, 2023 5:33 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:

Generating PR is doable with the right people.
That's why we've partnered up with a very big name in American sports, a recently retired future hall of famer.

Perspective is fine, but some will rubbish the attempts regardless, they have done ever since the takeover, I know that because people have rubbished my views on the influence of social media, hence my dig about shirt sales.
Last edited by GodIsADeeJay81 on Wed May 03, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed May 03, 2023 5:34 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:30 pm

You're not seeing Fulham being pushed across social media by American sports stars, because it's a very different approach

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Wed May 03, 2023 5:41 pm

Claret Pete:

Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney doesn't have tbe worth anywhere near that of the Glazers or Shahid Khan or Fenway sports group or Stan Kroenke; but you're totally missing the entire point.

Americans have proper bought into the Wrexham thing and they're three divisions below us and it'll be hard for them to watch games etc; now we are going to be back on ESPN+ everywhere as of next season with a lot of good publicity both on TV and online about us it's only going to be positive in the outcome in growing the Club.

That's the only shot we have, appeal with our uniqueness, matchday experience and heritage which I think some fans will clamour for - JJ Watt is going to help with that and it should be celebrated
These 7 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 RVclaret Turfytop NewClaret Narwhalchomper ebby Falcon

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Wed May 03, 2023 6:32 pm

I personally think this is a MASSIVE deal for us.

The way he is going about America wearing our club colours, cap, merchandise, etc and posting it all over social media gives us an exposure we’ve never had before anywhere abroad. I’d much prefer this than some US suits buying in.

Really wish Malcolm Jenkins and CH Uzmoah would take his approach in terms of helping support the club. The best we got was a “welcome to the club” message to JJ from Jenkins.

Really hope this is the start of onboarding support of new US sports stars looking to invest in football. Could be something huge for us if others join JJ.

Carwin261
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Carwin261 » Wed May 03, 2023 6:39 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:

Perspective is fine, but rubbishing what the club is trying to do is bizarre and if anything a little close Any sort of publicity like this can’t do any arm,just need to get that embargo lifted.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Wed May 03, 2023 6:50 pm

One hell of a publicity tour he's been doing for us, have to say. He's probably done more for promoting us in the US in a single week than we've managed to do in all our years in the PL combined! I suspect he's going to get an absolutely brilliant reception on Monday if he comes out at half time.
This user liked this post: ebby

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3153 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 03, 2023 7:32 pm

Carwin261 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:39 pm

Perspective is fine, but rubbishing what the club is trying to do is bizarre and if anything a little close Any sort of publicity like this can’t do any arm,just need to get that embargo lifted.
I suggest that you will not find a single utterance on mine that is negative on the involvement of the Watts in our club - there will make a hugely positive contribution to the brand, and I have posted that several times in this thread now

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Wed May 03, 2023 7:40 pm

ClaretPete001 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:27 pm
I would give it a rest if you would stop asking me crass questions. You could try to resolve the falling sea levels by standing on Blackpool pier and having a p*ss and asking the question - is this helping?

And no doubt people would look at the 54,000 km3 of water and the cup full of pea you were depositing into and go 'yes pal' have another ten pints you are getting there before swiftly moving on....

And talking of swiftly moving on.....!
Possibly the dumbest analogy i've ever seen......well done.

Carwin261
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Carwin261 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:43 pm

We should happen let JJ flood the US with the Clarets brand then spread a rumour we’re hard up ,start a Just Giving page ,and get 20 million Yanks to donate $20 each .

ClaretPete001

Post by ClaretPete001 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:59 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 7:40 pm
Possibly the dumbest analogy i've ever seen......well done.
It's possibly the stupidest question I've ever been asked. I don't ask you to 'give it a rest', I merely ask for some perspective. It is one NFL star in a competition where some own NFL franchises and one group owns the New York Yankees. That's the competition...

Of course, we cannot compete with the likes of the City group or Wrexham, who have a hollywood superstar at the helm, so the meaning of it is relatively unclear to me. I thought that was the point of a forum - you have a debate!