JJ and Kealia Watt invest in Burnley FC

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Re: JJ and Kealia Watt invest in Burnley FC

Post by DCWat » Mon May 01, 2023 10:22 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:21 pm
Need an NBA player, a K-Pop & a J-Pop star on board then we'll be good to go

Burnley Chammy League winners 2030/31
Is that the car washing championships?

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Mon May 01, 2023 10:27 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:03 pm
And I think that’s what people refer to when they say you tend to put a negative spin on things CP !!

“Giving the club its money back”……the structure of the sale was agreed by the previous owners.
If the loan is repaid by JJ Watt’s investment as could be the case do you believe that this is better than it being repaid from our revenue streams ?
Nobody is going to change the structure of the original sale of the club now……that ship has sailed.
I have addressed all the nuances of this a number of times so I don't understand why I am being asked again

everything you say, does not change the fundamental point that a repayment from the ownership group is not investment, it just means if that is what is to happen in this instance then it will have cost the club less than if it was via dividend or other club sourced monies.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 561 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Mon May 01, 2023 10:33 pm

Malcom Jenkins shared the post of JJ and his wife on his instagram, he’s the other NFL investor
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 169 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Mon May 01, 2023 10:57 pm

Already have massive reach on twitter this
This user liked this post: NewClaret

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Mon May 01, 2023 11:03 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:27 pm
I have addressed all the nuances of this a number of times so I don't understand why I am being asked again

everything you say, does not change the fundamental point that a repayment from the ownership group is not investment, it just means if that is what is to happen in this instance then it will have cost the club less than if it was via dividend or other club sourced monies.
How can reducing the existing debt of the club from new monies brought in from outside the club not be an investment ?

The baseline of the clubs finances is not where we were financially under the previous owners. It’s where we were after the previous owners sold the club.

As soon as that sale went through the debate should be really be what happens from that point.

I don’t know what the end game is for our owners and investors but my guess is that they are pretty pleased with getting promoted, reducing our wage bill massively, bringing in £50m or £60m more in transfer fees than we spent, reducing our debt levels and bringing in new investors.

I was pretty sceptical myself at the outset but not sure what more they could have done in such a short space of time
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon May 01, 2023 11:13 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:33 pm
Malcom Jenkins shared the post of JJ and his wife on his instagram, he’s the other NFL investor
Doesn’t post or talk about it anywhere near as much, which is a shame I think.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon May 01, 2023 11:21 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:19 pm
I have not said they have done anything illegal in the purchase of the shares, I do not believe they have, I point I have made clear a number of times - I was suggesting that they would have preferred it to have been legal to use club funds directly to purchase shares rather than having to borrow the money from the club in a related company loan.

though you regularly suggest that it is their money anyway as majority owners
But, you do know that no company can buy shares in itself. Successful investment bankers and other investors/prospective investors will all know that it is illegal for a company to buy shares in itself. I'm not sure why you wish to say that BFC's owners "would have preferred it to have been legal to use club funds directly to purchase shares..."

I believe what I've said on previous occasions is that the majority shareholder owns the business and gets to decide how the assets of that business are used.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon May 01, 2023 11:25 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:33 pm
Malcolm Jenkins is the other NFL investor who has been introduced to Burnley fans. It's possible that there are other US sportspeople who are also investors in the club (via VSP US, of course), but have to date remained silent and passive.

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 561 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Mon May 01, 2023 11:25 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:13 pm
Doesn’t post or talk about it anywhere near as much, which is a shame I think.
Agree which makes me think Jenkins was investing in ALK where as the Watts are investing in Burnley
This user liked this post: NewClaret

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon May 01, 2023 11:28 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:25 pm
Agree which makes me think Jenkins was investing in ALK where as the Watts are investing in Burnley
If so we could do with switching it up & getting him involved in Burnley.

Jenkins has been so quiet I thought he might’ve cashed out tbh.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon May 01, 2023 11:34 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:21 pm
But, you do know that no company can buy shares in itself. Successful investment bankers and other investors/prospective investors will all know that it is illegal for a company to buy shares in itself. I'm not sure why you wish to say that BFC's owners "would have preferred it to have been legal to use club funds directly to purchase shares..."

I believe what I've said on previous occasions is that the majority shareholder owns the business and gets to decide how the assets of that business are used.
Yes, you're absolutely right that the majority shareholder can do almost anything (including closing the club down). Just because a course of action is legal, doesn't mean we have to like it.

I suspect what Chester Perry had in mind was that the owners have been able to avoid spending their own money to buy the club, but they have been forced to take out (at least nominally) a loan that they are due, someday, to repay. They would have preferred not to have the loan liability.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon May 01, 2023 11:36 pm

Volvoclaret wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:17 pm
Got it wrong Roper. CP says sport is all about business plans, balance sheets and deep financial planning. He seems to prefer share movements to Benson specials. 😁
Don't the examples of Bolton, Wigan, Bury, and others, tell you that money is at least something to consider in how it affects the football?

Volvoclaret
Been Liked: 664 times
Has Liked: 379 times

Post by Volvoclaret » Mon May 01, 2023 11:47 pm

Of course it is. I was just putting forward a lighthearted comment re Ropers comment about football being primarily an entertainment business, which it is should be. I appreciate the information that CP produces but at the moment I just want to enjoy the euphoria of winning the Championship at deadwood.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 12:02 am

another thread ruined by talk of finances when there is a specific thread about it
These 2 users liked this post: IanMcL Claretswift

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue May 02, 2023 12:08 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 11:03 pm
How can reducing the existing debt of the club from new monies brought in from outside the club not be an investment ?

The baseline of the clubs finances is not where we were financially under the previous owners. It’s where we were after the previous owners sold the club.

As soon as that sale went through the debate should be really be what happens from that point.

I don’t know what the end game is for our owners and investors but my guess is that they are pretty pleased with getting promoted, reducing our wage bill massively, bringing in £50m or £60m more in transfer fees than we spent, reducing our debt levels and bringing in new investors.

I was pretty sceptical myself at the outset but not sure what more they could have done in such a short space of time
If I am understanding your meaning correctly you are conflating what I said about the related loan debts with the the clearance of the MSD debt - and for now, we do not know where the funds for that have come from. It appeared from the outset that the plan was to bring additional investors into the ownership group and that that was to be the means to meet the stage payments - not the club funds via loans.

If we use Jan 1st 2021 as a base for assessment then the argument that Mike Garlick was party to the agreement re MSD fully stands - I have said that myself a number of times - as does the use of club funds in the upfront payment - there have been 3 stage payments since then, the last accounts indicated that the first was enabled by a related company loan and we suspect (nothing more) that the following 2 have followed the same practice. It is much more difficult to argue a reasonable case that Mike Garlick was party to that plan at the time of the sale.

When it comes to how new funds in the ownership group are to be used, it appears much more logical for them to be used to meet the needs of the remaining stage payment first and then repaying the loans to the club.

The issue of the MSD loan repayment is an interesting one, particularly at the point at which it occurred, if I am right with my speculation re penalties (and no one, including myself, wants me to be) then they make that a strange choice unless it has been replaced with a loan at a lower less variable servicing cost

Yes there is much that has been good that has passed since the relegation last May, there is also some that still remains to be answered, and some that may never be answered. Emotionally the club, team, fan base and the town are in a good place, I have never questioned the talent and abilities of the ownership group on that front. It doesn't mean there are not issues that remain in the way they have/are going about things.

As you yourself argued recently I seek to be as explicit as possible, so I am struggling to understand why so many are reading much more into what I have said.

brigante
Been Liked: 240 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by brigante » Tue May 02, 2023 12:12 am

Whatever the technicalities of it, I think their investment will be founded upon their abilities to bring new, sustainable revenues into the club.

I get the impression that they are about business, not losing money, so plan to back that desire for a return up with a fairly unique entry point for the club into the American sports market.

We’re all understandably looking at the premier league, where both of them can bring a huge amount of value. I have a suspicion that they may have a ground breaking play for the women’s team too.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Tue May 02, 2023 12:27 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:02 am
another thread ruined by talk of finances when there is a specific thread about it
The thread is about two people investing in Burnley FC - that is a financial act.

The financial element of the discussion has been about what that may mean in reality from a financial input position - there is an awful lot of nuance to that, particularly around how such money could arrive into the cash balance, if indeed any of it actually does, as has been pointed out by a several posters.

To my knowledge, the last people to actually inject cash into the club did so around 9 years ago in return for shares. They sold the majority of their shares on December 30 2020.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 1986 times
Has Liked: 2875 times

Post by elwaclaret » Tue May 02, 2023 1:00 am

I see it as nothing but a positive. KW has played at the summit of the women’s American game, I can see both of them offering more than temporary high profile spikes. I said when all this started I thought the plan was along the lines of Greenbay’s place in American Football. I have seen nothing to change my mind. I am much more comfortable having a multi-layered ownership bringing their combined expertise over a billionaire flying solo.

I’ve noticed increasing references to Burnley town too, which also smacks of Packers type investment in the community.

DefourFiveSix
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by DefourFiveSix » Tue May 02, 2023 1:21 am

As a Claret in Texas,I couldn't be more excited.
JJ Watt is Beckham-level of celebrity here - he was a great and loyal player in a poor NFL team and raised/donated millions for local people who were devastated by Hurricane Harvey. He's always come across as a very sound chap with a great sense of humour and a huge passion for sport and I think that comes across in his announcements.
This is really great news, Clarets.
These 8 users liked this post: elwaclaret Vegas Claret mkmel Holmeclaret Falcon FCBurnley Bob Lorder S0S-1971

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Tue May 02, 2023 2:26 am

I think we may be going overboard with respect to the considerations of the value and type of investment. I suspect this is all about merchandising Dash why else would it be an extremely high profile US sports personality? I personally think that the investment will be nominal to gain access to a merchandising deal where JJ Watt enjoys a percentage of the increased sales of clarets merchandise. It seems to me like a form of sponsorship without it actually being sponsorship. So I do wonder if that is a methodology of getting around it to a mutual benefit or

trawlen
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by trawlen » Tue May 02, 2023 2:43 am

NRC wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:26 am
I think we may be going overboard with respect to the considerations of the value and type of investment. I suspect this is all about merchandising Dash why else would it be an extremely high profile US sports personality? I personally think that the investment will be nominal to gain access to a merchandising deal where JJ Watt enjoys a percentage of the increased sales of clarets merchandise. It seems to me like a form of sponsorship without it actually being sponsorship. So I do wonder if that is a methodology of getting around it to a mutual benefit or
https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/D ... stors.aspx

Maybe

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 2:54 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:27 am
The thread is about two people investing in Burnley FC - that is a financial act.

The financial element of the discussion has been about what that may mean in reality from a financial input position - there is an awful lot of nuance to that, particularly around how such money could arrive into the cash balance, if indeed any of it actually does, as has been pointed out by a several posters.

To my knowledge, the last people to actually inject cash into the club did so around 9 years ago in return for shares. They sold the majority of their shares on December 30 2020.
that's as maybe but if anyone has bothered watching the interviews it's pretty clear the financial investment is minimal - but him and his mrs getting involved is clearly not about his level of investment and 100% about what he can bring to the table - that's ******* exciting and should be the topic of discussion not the ins and outs of what the accounts may or may not say etc etc that has been done to death on multiple threads - that belongs on the ALK thread imho and thanks to your good self is of interest and has been explained pretty well so those of us with a minimal interest can get the jist of it. This should be a celebratory thread and it's turned into anything but sadly. Please don't take it as a pop at you because it's not in anyway shape or form, I'm just pointing out that it would be better placed to discuss it on the ALK thread :)
This user liked this post: HistoricalClaret

sox8595
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 383 times

Post by sox8595 » Tue May 02, 2023 4:39 am

Well, I could not care less about the way the club was bought
This season has been tremendous, for years we have been treading water, never sure what the next transfer window would bring. How many times have we been disappointed on the last day of the market?
All im seeing now is an exciting, fresh and positive new era for our club, Alan Pace, the Watts, and to a lesser degree Jenkins all seem to be committed to moving the club forward in many different ways.
Bring it on I say, let's enjoy the ride, god knows we have had more than our share of lows

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Tue May 02, 2023 5:11 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:02 am
It really is like a dick measuring contest.....Tedious.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Tue May 02, 2023 5:24 am

I have to say that I’ve never heard of either of them but it does sound really positive for the club and its global image. UTC.

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue May 02, 2023 5:38 am

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:11 am
It really is like a dick measuring contest.....Tedious.
!00% spot on!

Claretnick
Been Liked: 214 times
Has Liked: 191 times

Post by Claretnick » Tue May 02, 2023 7:52 am

I was just wondering if the appearance of the women's team at the Turf some 24 hours before this announcement was just a coincidence, or whether Mrs Watt's input is going to see a ramping up of the women Clarets.
From the business angle there was just short of 3000 people in the stadium spending money with the club on what was a blank weekend.
Anyways welcome to the Clarets Mr & Mrs Watts, I think their positive outlook is going to be hugely beneficial to all of the club.
This user liked this post: ebby

Ightenhill_Claret
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by Ightenhill_Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 7:57 am

I would guess that in terms of the investment in the women’s team that was announced a few weeks ago is probably tied into yesterday’s announcement.

If the club has ambitions to grow the women’s team - which seems to have been high on the agenda since Pace came in - then having someone like Kealia Watt on board in some sort of capacity is probably part of the next step.

Exciting times.
This user liked this post: AfloatinClaret

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Tue May 02, 2023 7:59 am

We get JJ Watt
Bstards get What the f00k. :D

Bullabill
Been Liked: 301 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Bullabill » Tue May 02, 2023 8:00 am

randomclaret2 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:03 pm
Looks like it was filmed during their recent visit to me
They visited you? Tell us more.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Tue May 02, 2023 11:09 am

NRC wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:26 am
I'd be surprised if this were the case. Couldn't really see the numbers working to make it worth it for anyone.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Tue May 02, 2023 12:36 pm

Chester Perry wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:08 am
If I am understanding your meaning correctly you are conflating what I said about the related loan debts with the the clearance of the MSD debt - and for now, we do not know where the funds for that have come from. It appeared from the outset that the plan was to bring additional investors into the ownership group and that that was to be the means to meet the stage payments - not the club funds via loans.

If we use Jan 1st 2021 as a base for assessment then the argument that Mike Garlick was party to the agreement re MSD fully stands - I have said that myself a number of times - as does the use of club funds in the upfront payment - there have been 3 stage payments since then, the last accounts indicated that the first was enabled by a related company loan and we suspect (nothing more) that the following 2 have followed the same practice. It is much more difficult to argue a reasonable case that Mike Garlick was party to that plan at the time of the sale.

When it comes to how new funds in the ownership group are to be used, it appears much more logical for them to be used to meet the needs of the remaining stage payment first and then repaying the loans to the club.

The issue of the MSD loan repayment is an interesting one, particularly at the point at which it occurred, if I am right with my speculation re penalties (and no one, including myself, wants me to be) then they make that a strange choice unless it has been replaced with a loan at a lower less variable servicing cost

Yes there is much that has been good that has passed since the relegation last May, there is also some that still remains to be answered, and some that may never be answered. Emotionally the club, team, fan base and the town are in a good place, I have never questioned the talent and abilities of the ownership group on that front. It doesn't mean there are not issues that remain in the way they have/are going about things.

As you yourself argued recently I seek to be as explicit as possible, so I am struggling to understand why so many are reading much more into what I have said.
No that’s no what I meant.
I have no idea (like everyone else) where specifically this investment will be going.

What I am saying is that either directly or indirectly I think it will benefit our club. Even if this is replacing one liability with another liability I have no reason to think why the owners would do that if it was not for the financial benefit of the club (and ultimately from a supporters point of view for the benefit of what we see on the pitch)

Think it’s probably been lost in all the posts on this thread but I am still not clear as to what scenario you feel this investment might be to the detriment of the football club ?

And personally I don’t think this will in isolation have any significant impact on the clubs finances but I would not be surprised if there are a few things that emerge in our accounts that represent the positive commercial things we have done in the last 12 or 18 months

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 714 times
Has Liked: 1998 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Tue May 02, 2023 12:45 pm

If you had to pick one NFL player to invest in our club, he would have been top 5 in my list. Not only a superstar player, but by all accounts a superstar human being too.

The work he did in Houston (the city the Texans (the team he played for) play in) after Hurricane Harvey just goes to show what a guy he is and how community driven spirit he has. Very happy to see Burnley associated with him.
These 3 users liked this post: hoskinsgoalatswansea Paul Waine Taffy on the wing

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 1:14 pm

https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/16533 ... 00128?s=20

I've also got a sneaky feeling they may be on the Turf v Cardiff
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Tue May 02, 2023 1:23 pm

I hope this is good news.
A larger global fanbase can only be a good thing in modern football and the way it is going.
Just extra revenue from Texas buying shirts or subscriptions to Clarets player could add value.

I personally suspect that they may be given some 'hands on' opportunities with the women's team.
And half expect JJ Watt alongside Phil Bird for commentaries (which as long as it isn't the one harping on about his coat in the Reading game is a good thing), I can see Bird going soon though - I'm sure some like him mind.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Tue May 02, 2023 1:46 pm

Do we know how much or what percentage ( if any) JJ has bought ?

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue May 02, 2023 4:41 pm

https://twitter.com/squawkstreet/status ... 59Piho1d6w

JJ with an appearance on CNBC just now. Interviewed by stock market veteran Jim Cramer.
These 2 users liked this post: Paul Waine Taffy on the wing

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue May 02, 2023 4:56 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 4:41 pm

JJ with an appearance on CNBC just now. Interviewed by stock market veteran Jim Cramer.
Mentions that he and his wife are coming back over on Friday

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue May 02, 2023 4:59 pm

RVclaret wrote:

Just watched the clip said he is back over in Burnley this weekend.

criminalclaret
Been Liked: 166 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by criminalclaret » Tue May 02, 2023 5:35 pm

Who'd have thought after years of seasonal penny pinching we now end up with celebrity endorsement and funding!

Great to have him there Monday. Wonder is someone has asked Charlie is he wants a ticket and present us with the trophy as well? Or will he be tired after the weekend celebrations.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Tue May 02, 2023 5:35 pm

RVclaret wrote:

That is a very popular show.........only good things will come out of this.
Expect a lot of US accents in the crowd next season.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue May 02, 2023 5:55 pm

RVclaret wrote:

A very positive interview!

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Tue May 02, 2023 5:57 pm

Welcome to Burnley Football Club Mr & Mrs Watt....our great Football Club.
I'd better get saving up for a game or two in the States 👍

martin_p
Been Liked: 3764 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Tue May 02, 2023 6:02 pm

Aclaret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:57 pm
Welcome to Burnley Football Club Mr & Mrs Watt....our great Football Club.
I'd better get saving up for a game or two in the States 👍
As long as it’s only friendlies. I think the question was perhaps more aimed at league fixtures like they do with NFL games at Wembley.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue May 02, 2023 6:14 pm

martin_p wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:02 pm
As long as it’s only friendlies. I think the question was perhaps more aimed at league fixtures like they do with NFL games at Wembley.
Didn't the Premier League push for that a few years ago?

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Re: Watt on the board?

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue May 02, 2023 6:17 pm

Clarets4me wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:12 pm
JJ Watt and his wife interview now posted on social media .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX1z6Kn_Wvg
I’ve just got round to watching this

Is that David Prutton interviewing them?

I thought I recognised the voice in previous things the club had released but couldn’t place it until this interview cut away to the interviewer

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 6:18 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:17 pm
I’ve just got round to watching this

Is that David Prutton interviewing them?

I thought I recognised the voice in previous things the club had released but couldn’t place it until this interview cut away to the interviewer
no, I think he's called Simon Crabtree (or something like that), he's doing a lot of stuff with us now - he did the Ashley Barnes (and wife) interview at his house, he's very good.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue May 02, 2023 6:24 pm

RVclaret wrote:

He certainly seems to have done his research on not just the club but the town itself

And it’s good to hear he’s already started saying “we” :)

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Tue May 02, 2023 6:26 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:18 pm
no, I think he's called Simon Crabtree (or something like that), he's doing a lot of stuff with us now - he did the Ashley Barnes (and wife) interview at his house, he's very good.
Thanks. Thought it would have been odd if it had have been him. Didn’t think we were at the stage of poaching staff from Sky just yet :lol:

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue May 02, 2023 6:42 pm

if I'm remembering the numbers correctly (?) it looks like we've had an extra 30-40 thousand people follow the club on twitter already since the JJ announcement