Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
roperclaret
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Re: Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

Post by roperclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:48 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:40 pm
Honestly I agree with a lot of what you say on here but this is pure garbage, yes there are roles within a team and Ian Maatsen's role wasn't to be the highest widest player, he was deployed as a left back.
Yes attacking wise he offered a lot but defensively he is very weak at the moment, nothing to do with age. He is 21 and at the 'best academy in the world' yet at 21 he's never made a first team appearance for them and they don't seem to rate him anywhere near good enough for the first team. Why is this?
He plays for the Dutch under 21's that's very good but means sweet FA regarding how he can defend, Lee Roche played for England under 21's how did that end? Not saying Maatsen will go the same way but we will defend a lot more in the premier league so him being the highest and widest player will cost us dearly, we need somebody stronger defensively.
We aren't Man City we aren't in a position to carry a defender that can't defend.
He is in the team to primarily defend no matter what you say, he looked so good going forward because we was so strong in that league.
Are you that uneducated that you don't realise the gap between the championship and premier league?
LESSON 1 don't accuse people of being uneducated or knowing nothing about football when there probably more qualified than yourself
There’s so much in this that is just wrong.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2531 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:49 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:14 pm
So VK has told you Ian Maatsen's role is too be the highest and widest player at all times?
His role is left back, a left back these days attacks as much as they defend but his job over Zaroury's on the left was to stop the right winger, something he struggled with against anybody half decent.
You seem to think your from the school of football with a brain like Pep.
Ian Maatsen if deployed in our team in the premier league will have to defend more than he gets to attack, plenty of 21 year old full backs can defend.
Why does TAA get so much stick regarding his defending? Why did Liverpool concede so many goals from his side? Why doesn't the England manager fancy 1him when he's so good at attacking and creating chances? Maybe it's because his role is to defend first.
All roles have changed but there also still as simple as ever, football is a simple game.
We just play an expressive style of play now where players get more freedom to move out of the usual squares players used to be taught to play in and can roam more freely when in possession but out of possession Ian Maatsen's role is to get back in to the left back position and defend.
Have to say your post tends to contradict your views on Ian Maatsen's role in the team. Football is a simple game o 11 aside, trying to keep the ball.out of your net and put it in the other net. However, last season it was palpably clear that there are a variety of ways to employ those 11 players on the pitch. Almost a case of multi tasking but nonetheless very effective and satisfying seeing the labour's on the training ground coming to fruition on match day.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:50 pm

I'd be very reluctant to spend 20 million on Maatsen
These 5 users liked this post: burnleymik NewClaret KateR randomclaret2 Quicknick

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:03 pm

They can whistle. Sure I saw that Hudson-Odoi was being offered for £10m. On that basis, how could you justify in excess of £20m for Maatsen? I like him lots but you would need to see how he fares in the PL to part with that sort of cash. Hope he refuses to sign a contract extension and that introduces some much needed realism.

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1171 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by burnleymik » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:12 pm

"in excess of £20 million" for Maatsen. Sounds exorbitant with only 12 months left on his Chelsea contract. If that's the case we have to walk, unless they extend his contract and we extent his loan.

Ampth7
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 226 times

Post by Ampth7 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:13 pm

Duffer_ wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:03 pm
They can whistle. Sure I saw that Hudson-Odoi was being offered for £10m. On that basis, how could you justify in excess of £20m for Maatsen? I like him lots but you would need to see how he fares in the PL to part with that sort of cash. Hope he refuses to sign a contract extension and that introduces some much needed realism.
I think this just highlights the problems you face when dealing with an absolute basket case of a club like Chelsea! I suspect it’s a case of ‘we signed absolute garbage for £105 million so surely Maatsen is worth £20 million’!?!? 🤣

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 3808 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:13 pm

£20m for a player with one year left on his contract and no pl experience :lol: :lol:

Either the world has gone mad or that journo has!

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:18 pm

roperclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:48 pm
There’s so much in this that is just wrong.
I happen to agree with much that was said, except the last two sentences/points he tries to make, there's just no need for it really.

Maatsen is not the left back that should be our first choice in my opinion and definitely not for the price I hear being quoted, but he was definitely an important player for us. Yet, stepping up a little and the opposition we can expect to face, he worries me a little but if VK says he's the man, he will have my full backing, like all of them.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:18 pm

There’s no way we pay £20m for Maatsen.

Chelsea can demand all they want, but unless they find a club willing to pay it, he walks for nowt next summer.

This move will come down to how much Maatsen and his agent want the Burnley move.

£10-12m tops IMO.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3595 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:23 pm

I imagine £20m (if in anyway accurate, which I highly doubt) is so heavily incentivised that it’s barely relevant. As a comparative example, Ben Gibson was £15m remember but from what I understand we near enough broke even by selling him for £7-8m to Norwich.

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5553 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:52 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:18 pm
There’s no way we pay £20m for Maatsen.

Chelsea can demand all they want, but unless they find a club willing to pay it, he walks for nowt next summer.

This move will come down to how much Maatsen and his agent want the Burnley move.

£10-12m tops IMO.
Unless the rules on compensation for under 23's has changed, that's not strictly true. Nobody will be getting him for "free" at the end of the season, but Chelsea won't be getting anywhere near £20m either.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3079 times
Has Liked: 5043 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:52 pm

Down_Rover wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:43 pm
Update on Maatsen

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 85474.html
I like Maatsen, and hope he stays, but they are kidding if they think they will get 20 mill for him. I doubt anyone else will pay that either.
He has loads of potential, but at the moment it's only potential. I'm sure we could find as good or better for half that, from abroad.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6743 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:57 pm

Overpriced. I doubt any PL club will meet that valuation.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:05 pm

Multiple clubs linked, decent player .
Attachments
IMG_4242.jpeg
IMG_4242.jpeg (267.6 KiB) Viewed 2901 times

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 278 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:28 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:23 pm
Ben Gibson was £15m remember but from what I understand we near enough broke even by selling him for £7-8m to Norwich.
Really ?
I’m not sure that is true.
Gibson was a player who had previously made the England squad whilst at Boro hadn’t he ? (Or was very close to it before picking up an injury). He was an established and experienced player who had played at a decent level. Whilst the transfer did not work out for us and Gibson when we signed him I don’t remember many people thinking it was anything but a decent signing at a pretty fair price.

When we sold him my understanding was that the £7m - £8m fee pretty much cancelled out what we had left to pay. But prior to that we had lost about the same amount in transfer fees and a couple of million a year in salary on a player who just did not work out for us.

As for Maatsen £20m is a lot of money and given his age and lack of experience it’s much more likely to be a deal that is loaded with add ons. No team in their right mind would pay a straight £20m for a player who is possibly 5th or 6th in their pecking order at Chelsea in that position and never played top flight football.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:00 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:28 pm
Really ?
Gibson was a player who had previously made the England squad whilst at Boro hadn’t he ? (Or was very close to it before picking up an injury). He was an established and experienced player who had played at a decent level. Whilst the transfer did not work out for us and Gibson when we signed him I don’t remember many people thinking it was anything but a decent signing at a pretty fair price.

When we sold him my understanding was that the £7m - £8m fee pretty much cancelled out what we had left to pay. But prior to that we had lost about the same amount in transfer fees and a couple of million a year in salary on a player who just did not work out for us.

As for Maatsen £20m is a lot of money and given his age and lack of experience it’s much more likely to be a deal that is loaded with add ons. No team in their right mind would pay a straight £20m for a player who is possibly 5th or 6th in their pecking order at Chelsea in that position and never played top flight football.
In 2017 Steve Gibson & Gareth Southgate were closely linked around the time Ben received the call, it would make some cynical people wonder if the uncle put a good word in, we already know when Ben left he more or less walked in rockliffe without much of an invitation, he wasn't established on any sort of senior international level more youth.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:14 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:00 pm
In 2017 Steve Gibson & Gareth Southgate were closely linked around the time Ben received the call, it would make some cynical people wonder if the uncle put a good word in, we already know when Ben left he more or less walked in rockliffe without much of an invitation, he wasn't established on any sort of senior international level more youth.
What are you talking about this time ?
I said he’d had a full call up - he did
He played for England at virtually every level before that - right up to u21s.
He’d also played a full season in the Premier League and a number of seasons in the championship.

The point is with that kind of career £15m is not a crazy price and I doubt whether it was a deal loaded with add ons given the games and level he had already played at.

But yeh his Uncle probably had a word with Gareth 😳

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:18 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:14 pm
He’d also played a full season in the Premier League and a number of seasons in the championship.

The point is with that kind of career £15m is not a crazy price and I doubt whether it was a deal loaded with add ons given the games and level he had already played at.

Gibson was a more than decent player when we signed him.
i'm sure some of our posters rated him an improvement on Mee.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:21 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:14 pm

That good & the trajectory since, your case is crystal.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:29 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:21 pm
That good & the trajectory since, your case is crystal.
What case are you taking about you idiot ?

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2540 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:32 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:29 pm
What case are you taking about you idiot ?
His own case I think

Of the nut variety

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:32 pm

Cheerio Maatsen at £20m. Ludicrous.

Ooh Charlie Taylor!

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:33 pm

Wibble

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3595 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:47 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:28 pm
Really ?

I don’t know the details obviously, but I believe whilst the £15m was the headline figure that the reality was nowhere near that. Yes, obviously the lad earned a pretty penny off us, but on a ‘fee level’ we didn’t lose out by much after we offloaded him to Norwich (so I heard!).

I just think any deal for Maatsen would be very similar, no way it would be a straight £20m. If it were then we would rightly be going elsewhere (Gomez probably).

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:55 pm

He replaced Chris smalling against the mighty Lithuania never really to be seen again but let's talk him up to justify getting our pants pulled down.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1696 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:55 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:52 pm
I like Maatsen, and hope he stays, but they are kidding if they think they will get 20 mill for him. I doubt anyone else will pay that either.
He has loads of potential, but at the moment it's only potential. I'm sure we could find as good or better for half that, from abroad.
I suspect we know more about Maatsen's abilities than Chelsea do. If Mount is being sold for circa £45m, and Loftus Cheek for £10m,then no way is IM valued at £20m by them. Suspect IM would love to join us as he no doubt had his most enjoyable and productive season with us. Chelsea need to reduce their squad and there will be a number of players going this Summer. I would hope £8m or thereabouts to be the right fee-assuming of course VK wants him for the Prem
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:00 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:55 pm
I suspect we know more about Maatsen's abilities than Chelsea do. If Mount is being sold for circa £45m, and Loftus Cheek for £10m,then no way is IM valued at £20m by them. Suspect IM would love to join us as he no doubt had his most enjoyable and productive season with us. Chelsea need to reduce their squad and there will be a number of players going this Summer. I would hope £8m or thereabouts to be the right fee-assuming of course VK wants him for the Prem
I think a key difference is that Mount and Loftus Cheek could leave for free in a year if they don't cash in now.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:03 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:47 pm
I don’t know the details obviously, but I believe whilst the £15m was the headline figure that the reality was nowhere near that. Yes, obviously the lad earned a pretty penny off us, but on a ‘fee level’ we didn’t lose out by much after we offloaded him to Norwich (so I heard!).

I just think any deal for Maatsen would be very similar, no way it would be a straight £20m. If it were then we would rightly be going elsewhere (Gomez probably).
Agree on Maatsen - no way it’s a £20m straight fee.

Re Gibson every outlet reported this as equalling our club record fee at the time and as £15m.
I’ve not seen anything in our accounts or other reports to suggest it was loaded with add ons or that we came out of this not losing any money.

As said I think at the time we sold him because of the staged payments and amortisation of the transfer fee over the length of the contract when we did sell him to Norwich it had a negligible impact on us financially.

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:05 pm

Re Maatsen

Where do these journo's get their stuff from ? £20m for Maatsen ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! He was good going forward but not so special when defending and that was in the Championship not the PL. No PL appearances yet for Chelsea and absolutely nowhere in the pecking order there. Its believed Chelsea want to offload quite a few in order to get a number of expensive players in but honestly £20m not a chance. He won't feature if he stays there, he will probably go out on loan again if he stays but I don't believe Chelsea will want to keep him. I don't think anyone will want to pay that level of money and we certainly won't. Given Dramah might be available at half that then Maatsen is only going to be worth the same at most in my opinion.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:06 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:00 pm
I think a key difference is that Mount and Loftus Cheek could leave for free in a year if they don't cash in now.
So could Ian

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:07 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:55 pm
He replaced Chris smalling against the mighty Lithuania never really to be seen again but let's talk him up to justify getting our pants pulled down.
Seriously you need help.
Who exactly is “talking him up” or justifying it in any kind of way ?

Rather than taking utter hindsh-ite send us the link where at the time we bought him you thought we were getting our pants pulled down.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:14 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:07 pm
Seriously you need help.
Who exactly is “talking him up” or justifying it in any kind of way ?

Rather than taking utter hindsh-ite send us the link where at the time we bought him you thought we were getting our pants pulled down.
If I’m an “idiot” what does that make you engaging with me? I’m willing to discuss transfers & other football topics but can we please cut the insults, because it’ll get to the point where I’ll stop engaging with you. I’ve noticed with you upon disagreements the insults start to roll.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:18 pm

have we signed anyone yet ?
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill Quicknick

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1696 times
Has Liked: 789 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:21 pm

taio wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:00 pm
I understand IM is in his last year 2023/24 too

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2070 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:25 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:03 pm
Agree on Maatsen - no way it’s a £20m straight fee.

Re Gibson every outlet reported this as equalling our club record fee at the time and as £15m.
I’ve not seen anything in our accounts or other reports to suggest it was loaded with add ons or that we came out of this not losing any money.

As said I think at the time we sold him because of the staged payments and amortisation of the transfer fee over the length of the contract when we did sell him to Norwich it had a negligible impact on us financially.
All fees get reported as being the top whack fee, it sells more papers, gets more clicks etc..

I think it was a good source on here who said we more or less broke even.

It's hard for fans to trust any fee suggested as the money men make the money trails as hard as possible to follow.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:48 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:14 pm
If I’m an “idiot” what does that make you engaging with me? I’m willing to discuss transfers & other football topics but can we please cut the insults, because it’ll get to the point where I’ll stop engaging with you. I’ve noticed with you upon disagreements the insults start to roll.
My guess is that you have noticed that with quite a lot of people who engage with you ?
Main reason being is you make up incoherent rubbish on almost every thread you decide to post on.
Just have a read back on your last few posts and try and work out yourself why you posted comments that anybody on this thread was for one second trying to justify signing Ben Gibson or one ounce of a hint that things turned out well.

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 348 times
Has Liked: 150 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:55 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:52 pm
Unless the rules on compensation for under 23's has changed, that's not strictly true. Nobody will be getting him for "free" at the end of the season, but Chelsea won't be getting anywhere near £20m either.
If he officially signs for Kortrijk next summer we would end up paying next to nothing for him, just transfer his registration a year later. As I say, much will depend on how much Maatsen and his agent want this deal to happen. If he can sign a new deal at Chelsea and double his money in the process then he might be more than happy just to be loaned out again.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:59 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:25 pm
All fees get reported as being the top whack fee, it sells more papers, gets more clicks etc..

I think it was a good source on here who said we more or less broke even.

It's hard for fans to trust any fee suggested as the money men make the money trails as hard as possible to follow.
I have never seen anything in our accounts which suggests that to be the case.
As said I think with the amortisation of the transfer fee when we sold him it meant that we pretty much broke even with the amount remainder of his original contract length

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:05 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:48 pm
My guess is that you have noticed that with quite a lot of people who engage with you ?
Main reason being is you make up incoherent rubbish on almost every thread you decide to post on.
Just have a read back on your last few posts and try and work out yourself why you posted comments that anybody on this thread was for one second trying to justify signing Ben Gibson or one ounce of a hint that things turned out well.
I'm no mathematician but even I can work out the sums where BG is concerned from the 15 to the 8, add ons were attached so the 15 wouldn't have been reached but you can also assume the 8 from Norwich would have included add ons also, people trying to suggest breaking even are away with the clouds, I'm not suggesting anybody I'm suggesting you specifically with the international spiel, its a transfer we should have stayed away from, but what should have happened earlier is a take or leave it offer with mee with a timed retraction & no dilly dallying without Gibson turning up thinking it's his position he wouldn't have left & the 7 or thereabouts wouldn't have been lost.

whiffa
Been Liked: 512 times
Has Liked: 2597 times

Post by whiffa » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:16 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:24 pm
I’m relaxed about maatsen. If we get him in brilliant but I think there are other players who could replace him (Gomez being one). Beyer was the one player I was desperate to sign and I’m thrilled he did.
We've already made the two most imporant signings of the season with Beyer and VK signing a new deal. That's all I wanted for the start of next season. Everything else is a bonus (obviously need to replace bodies leaving).

dermotdermot
Been Liked: 660 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by dermotdermot » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:20 pm

Henri Lansbury has been released by Luton. I can't really say I was aware that he was playing for them.

dermotdermot

Post by dermotdermot » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:23 pm

whiffa wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:16 pm
We've already made the two most imporant signings of the season with Beyer and VK signing a new deal. That's all I wanted for the start of next season. Everything else is a bonus (obviously need to replace bodies leaving).
We have Tella, Maatsen and Harwood Bellis probably leaving. I think that we will need a few players in.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4141 times
Has Liked: 3604 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:23 pm

dermotdermot wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:20 pm
Henri Lansbury has been released by Luton. I can't really say I was aware that he was playing for them.
Came on as a sub against us at home.

Must admit, I didn’t know he played for them until that point.

dermotdermot

Post by dermotdermot » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:25 pm

DCWat wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:23 pm
Came on as a sub against us at home.

Must admit, I didn’t know he played for them until that point.
I can't remember that at all but am not doubting that you are right.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:39 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:55 pm
If he officially signs for Kortrijk next summer we would end up paying next to nothing for him, just transfer his registration a year later. As I say, much will depend on how much Maatsen and his agent want this deal to happen. If he can sign a new deal at Chelsea and double his money in the process then he might be more than happy just to be loaned out again.
either way we are in need of a left back with a similar skill-set to Maatsen for the coming season.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:40 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:05 pm
I'm no mathematician but even I can work out the sums where BG is concerned from the 15 to the 8, add ons were attached so the 15 wouldn't have been reached but you can also assume the 8 from Norwich would have included add ons also, people trying to suggest breaking even are away with the clouds, I'm not suggesting anybody I'm suggesting you specifically with the international spiel, its a transfer we should have stayed away from, but what should have happened earlier is a take or leave it offer with mee with a timed retraction & no dilly dallying without Gibson turning up thinking it's his position he wouldn't have left & the 7 or thereabouts wouldn't have been lost.
That’s cleared things up for all of us
Apologies and thanks for this.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:45 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:40 pm
That’s cleared things up for all of us
Apologies and thanks for this.
It’s only you seemingly who disagrees & your nut quip buddy, I think we can agree BG wasn’t a good signing in any shape or form so I’m parking it there & I’ll wish you a good evening as it’s getting rather late.

Big Vinny K

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:47 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:45 pm
It’s only you seemingly who disagrees & your nut quip buddy, I think we can agree BG wasn’t a good signing in any shape or form so I’m parking it there & I’ll wish you a good evening as it’s getting rather late.
Ok….
What am I disagreeing with exactly ?

Carwin261
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 172 times

Post by Carwin261 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:00 pm

We already have adequate replacements for THB ,only need to find replacements for Maatsen,and Tella.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2461 times
Has Liked: 1991 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:36 pm

Isn’t it ironic that for all the hate he gets on here and other social media the first manager to be associated with Weghorst is SD. A man who was known to only want players that fit into the group and a manager that has seen him in the dressing room.
This user liked this post: Quicknick