Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6895 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Re: Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 28, 2023 10:19 am

Of course we need to listen to sizeable offers for any of our players. But whilst we were able to buy players for relative peanuts last season, the kind of player we will need to unearth this summer will need to be capable of stepping straight into a PL side - and it’s unlikely we’re going to be finding many of those for £3-4m. So whilst £15m for Benson, for example, would represent a good return on investment, it wouldn’t be great business.
These 2 users liked this post: NewClaret Taffy on the wing

ervi34
Been Liked: 97 times
Has Liked: 104 times

Post by ervi34 » Sun May 28, 2023 10:38 am

HistoricalClaret wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 pm
Ekrem is reliable but ok. Benson isnt leaving though all it states is people are interested and they probably are but nothing will happen this summer.
Ekrem Konur is the exact opposite of a reliable journalist. He produces a huge amount of news almost every day and tweets almost every hour. Some of them will turn out to be true, but a whole lot more won't. Notice how he never explicitly says for example "Milan are ready to bid for Benson" or "Marseille open talks with Benson representatives" - he often writes using the following formula: "5 clubs are interested in one player" and that doesn't mean much to me. They can be interested, but it doesn't mean that they will bid or that he is for sale.

Burnley are probably also interested in 50+ players. That doesn't mean that we will chase every single one of them.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 28, 2023 10:51 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:19 am
Of course we need to listen to sizeable offers for any of our players. But whilst we were able to buy players for relative peanuts last season, the kind of player we will need to unearth this summer will need to be capable of stepping straight into a PL side - and it’s unlikely we’re going to be finding many of those for £3-4m. So whilst £15m for Benson, for example, would represent a good return on investment, it wouldn’t be great business.
Absolutely. Whether it’s good business is simply a question of whether we could replace him with an equally good player or better for less, and I very much doubt that for the figures being suggested for Benson.

Pickles
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 1210 times

Post by Pickles » Sun May 28, 2023 11:06 am

A good offer for Benson and he goes. It benefits the club and it benefits Benson.

Burnley get a financial boost and are able to show the Benson deal from A - Z as an example to other players. It would be the first instance of the MO in action. Buy a player cheap, develop, sell for big. And it doesn't get much bigger than the clubs rumoured to be interested.

And for Benson, well, it's obvious.

For what it's worth, I'd rather we keep hold of Zaroury. He ran out of juice towards the end of the season but his ceiling is skyscraper high.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun May 28, 2023 11:07 am

Notsosuperstevedavis wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:09 am
Not selling Tarks was an out and out ‘crime’. With hindsight the money had to be re-invested into the ageing squad, that fell off a cliff.

Saying ‘dont sell your best players’ is not the right strategy. If we sell for profit, in theory, it should all be progression.

Even if that involves selling a few, and ultimately going down as a result of ‘new Benny’s’ bedding in.

But as others have also said, its so much better to have the replacement in the building before you sell.

Just like when Tarks came in for Keane once sold. It was fairly seamless.
Selling Tarks would have been fine had we had anything like the recruitment set up we have now. Combine that to the fact there was clearly friction at Chairmam/Manager level, we would never have got anyone to fill Tark's boots clodse to his ability, and in my eyes would have gone down sooner

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 28, 2023 11:16 am

Not selling Tarks was an out and out ‘crime’. With hindsight the money had to be re-invested into the ageing squad, that fell off a cliff.

Saying ‘dont sell your best players’ is not the right strategy. If we sell for profit, in theory, it should all be progression.

Even if that involves selling a few, and ultimately going down as a result of ‘new Benny’s’ bedding in.

But as others have also said, its so much better to have the replacement in the building before you sell.

I disagree about Tarks. The season after the summer he attracted interest we finished 17th. Had he left, I’m pretty certain we’d have been relegated, particularly if we went for a Collins-like, “one for the future” as a replacement. We lost out on a guaranteed £25m paid over 4-5 seasons and replaced it with £100m PL revenue paid the very next season. Viewed from that perspective, a £75m net gain is good business.

Another point I think often gets forgotten is the £2-3m per place prize money. If a players contribution helps the team finish 2-3 places higher over a few seasons, some of their transfer fees are less attractive, assuming you can’t replace their quality without spending the same money.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not arguing we shouldn’t look to sell our best players, just that the PL TV and placement money is the bigger “prize” and should not be overlooked. If we end up picking up some absolute bargains like Tarks, on relatively low wages then keeping them for full contracts is potentially very good business.

The ‘crime’ as I see it, is that when offers came in for Tarky we didn’t have a ready-made replacement at the club. It’s the underinvestment that prevented it and why we couldn’t sell without putting the above revenue streams at risk. That’s what Brighton, and arguably Brentford, have got right.

We’re still miles off being in that position. Several seasons probably, so talk of selling Benny is well premature. We must be keeping hold of our best players, building and then selling them at absolute peak value.

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 am

Same guy who reported the Benson links has said Origi would prefer a return to the Premier League after leaving AC Milan this summer. Highly doubt it, would be next to impossible, but what a signing he'd be. Always liked him.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 am

I don't think £15 million for Benson is good business

No one does

But if the offer is above £20 million plus, then it probably is

We have to be careful, the desire to stay in the premier league by not selling anyone to reinvest in the squad resulted in us getting relegated and losing all our best assets in one close season*

*yes it worked out brilliantly, but I don't think that is going to be the norm!

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 28, 2023 11:30 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 am

No one does

We have to be careful, the desire to stay in the premier league by not selling anyone to reinvest in the squad resulted in us getting relegated and losing all our best assets in one close season*

*yes it worked out brilliantly, but I don't think that is going to be the norm!
I would argue it was the desire not to invest the (up to) £80m cash in the bank that got us relegated.

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Sun May 28, 2023 11:31 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 am

No one does

Anything around or over £20m and maybe. Anything approaching or over £30m then it'd be daft to say no. And every faith Kompany would replace him for a fraction.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun May 28, 2023 11:32 am

NewClaret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:30 am
I would argue it was the desire not to invest the (up to) £80m cash in the bank that got us relegated.
A factor as well

But we let assets go on a free or cheaply (because we'd been relegated)

If we'd sold Pope, Tarks and McNeil (for example) then we'd have raised money to rebuild

Yes, we might have gone down, but all we were doing was treading water for those last three seasons (and I appreciate that COVID played a part as well)

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun May 28, 2023 11:35 am

Completely disagree.
He was our best player. And his partnership with Ben Mee was one of the best in the league which when you think about it is crazy for a club like Burnley with the budgets we were working with.

I have never understood some of the comments this season on here when people are asking whether Tarks (or Mee) would get in our current side. The gulf between the 2 leagues is massive and we are talking about seasoned premier league players either of which would walk into our team.

The reason we kept Tarks has got to be because SD and the powers that be thought it gave us the best chance of surviving in the PL. Dyche talked a few times about how the days of finding bargains like Tarks and Mee had gone. We were being linked with the centre back at Forest and others who were nowhere near as good as what we had and being quoted £15m or £20m.

We sell Tarks for £25m - £30m then have to pay Brentford £8m to £10m sell on and end up with a far inferior centre back for the money we have left and a lot less chance of staying up.

Looks at Tarks and Mee now at Everton and Brentford. We know Mee already got player of the season and I don’t know whether Everton have had their awards but I can’t think of anyone who has had a better more consistent season than Tarks. Other than Pickford he is pretty much the only player who has been picked every week.

brunlea99
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 314 times

Post by brunlea99 » Sun May 28, 2023 11:37 am

"Not selling Tarks was an out and out ‘crime’." Not as simple as that - the player has a say in whether he sold or not. He was towards the end of his contract and would no doubt be thinking of a signing bonus with a new club.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 28, 2023 11:51 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:35 am
We sell Tarks for £25m - £30m then have to pay Brentford £8m to £10m sell on and end up with a far inferior centre back for the money we have left and a lot less chance of staying up.
Had completely forgotten about the sell-on clause. Yes, that even further distorts the economic case. Holding on to him was the right thing to do.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun May 28, 2023 11:59 am

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:35 am
Completely disagree.
He was our best player. And his partnership with Ben Mee was one of the best in the league which when you think about it is crazy for a club like Burnley with the budgets we were working with.

I have never understood some of the comments this season on here when people are asking whether Tarks (or Mee) would get in our current side. The gulf between the 2 leagues is massive and we are talking about seasoned premier league players either of which would walk into our team.

The reason we kept Tarks has got to be because SD and the powers that be thought it gave us the best chance of surviving in the PL. Dyche talked a few times about how the days of finding bargains like Tarks and Mee had gone. We were being linked with the centre back at Forest and others who were nowhere near as good as what we had and being quoted £15m or £20m.

Looks at Tarks and Mee now at Everton and Brentford. We know Mee already got player of the season and I don’t know whether Everton have had their awards but I can’t think of anyone who has had a better more consistent season than Tarks. Other than Pickford he is pretty much the only player who has been picked every week.
Ahem and there seems to be the issue. Surely this season is literal proof this isn’t the case. I’ll bet Al-Dakhil (3m) and possibly Ekdal (2.2m) go onto be good PL players. Early signs of the former suggest he has a higher ceiling than any of them. Well run clubs often have back ups ready to go, that’s a failure which is on us.

As for 8-10m to Brentford, not sure how that’s been arrived at - surely it’s more 5-6m… 20% of a 26m profit (assuming 30m sale) is 5.2m (approx).

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun May 28, 2023 12:18 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:59 am
Ahem and there seems to be the issue. Surely this season is literal proof this isn’t the case. I’ll bet Al-Dakhil (3m) and possibly Ekdal (2.2m) go onto be good PL players. Early signs of the former suggest he has a higher ceiling than any of them. Well run clubs often have back ups ready to go, that’s a failure which is on us.

As for 8-10m to Brentford, not sure how that’s been arrived at - surely it’s more 5-6m… 20% of a 26m profit (assuming 30m sale) is 5.2m (approx).
Kind of irrelevant given that was clearly never the market Dyche shopped in and he was the manager who had to decide whether to keep Tarks or sell him.

Not sure how this season can be “literal” proof given we were in the championship and we are talking about a situation that took place in the Premier League. I hope those players you mention go on to be half as good as Tarks and Mee but right now I have seen little to suggest they will - but both do have time to develop of course.

The sell on clause was 27.5% and there were also payments we had made previously to Brentford around appearances in PL and Tarks playing for England. I thought West Ham had bid up to £35m at one point for Tarks so that’s not far off the £8m to £10m I said.

The amount is not really the point I am making - it’s more explaining the rationale behind why Dyche wanted to keep Tarks…..which was that he knew (or believed) that he could not get a player as good as Tarks with the money he would have left after selling him in the market he was looking at (the championship).

Not debating that Dyche’s strategy was better than the current one. I love the centre backs we have now. But do think there are some fans who have quickly forgotten how good both Tarks and Mee were for us.

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Sun May 28, 2023 1:26 pm

Mama Balde next to be linked

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Sun May 28, 2023 1:43 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:30 am
It's not even an argument, it's almost a fact. £20m could well have been enough. Will never understand it.

ClaretCliff
Been Liked: 187 times
Has Liked: 135 times

Post by ClaretCliff » Sun May 28, 2023 1:49 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:26 pm
Is he related to Arthur Gnohere??
This user liked this post: bobinho

clarets12
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by clarets12 » Sun May 28, 2023 1:52 pm

ClaretCliff wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:49 pm
Is he related to Arthur Gnohere??
Same hairdresser

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 28, 2023 2:30 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:59 am

It was 27.5% RV.

Re your other point, I agree, Vinny has proven that value does exist, but in either of the cases you mention I would not have expected either to walk in to a PL team and keep us up (although we might be relying on them to do so next year). As you say, what we should’ve been doing is buying them and developing them (possibly via the Championship like McNally or a group club as it seems we’re planning) so they’re ready to come in. In that sense I feel Vinny and Pace have and are moving us forward massively.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun May 28, 2023 2:59 pm

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun May 28, 2023 3:28 pm

Got to wonder if this is a replacement for tella?

kenyon6923
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by kenyon6923 » Sun May 28, 2023 3:44 pm

We went so "left field" last summer except for any of the loan players signing its impossible to judge what's going to happen. Presume 2 week on Wednesday will be the first step as the window officially opens and if there are no deals on the loanees to be announced then it looks like there not signing permanently as we have had long enough to get a pre contract signed ready.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2439 times
Has Liked: 1978 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun May 28, 2023 3:44 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:26 pm
Is this for our ladies team?

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun May 28, 2023 4:14 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:28 pm
not sure, but his stats are excellent in a poor team

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 561 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun May 28, 2023 4:36 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:28 pm
In your opinion is balde a better option than Gyokeres?

Imo tella would he used as a wide player and we needed a striker whilst signing tella to

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun May 28, 2023 4:37 pm

Balde stats much better than ike ugbo who was linked on Friday and players in the same team

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 545 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun May 28, 2023 4:42 pm

Just had a quick look at Balde , he plays a similar role to Tella from the right but also plays central. Works hard to retrieve the ball and drops deep. Versatile so fits the mould in numerous ways .

I want Tella to sign , just hope Saints aren’t being ridiculous with the negotiations

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun May 28, 2023 4:44 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:36 pm
In your opinion is balde a better option than Gyokeres?

Imo tella would he used as a wide player and we needed a striker whilst signing tella to
Different player. Very much looks like a tella replacement to me

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun May 28, 2023 4:45 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:44 pm
To me this article https://www.ligue1.com/Articles/ONE-TO- ... downed-psg

Puts him closer to Gyokeres than tella

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun May 28, 2023 4:45 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:44 pm
Redmond on a free could be the tella replacement

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sun May 28, 2023 5:10 pm

I will be very disappointed if we bring Nathan Redmond to the club.
These 2 users liked this post: NewClaret whiffa

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun May 28, 2023 5:25 pm

eastcoastclaret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:08 am
I'm not convinced Zaroury will be a regular starter next season.
Me either.......i loved him, but he seems to be scared of any contact whatsoever.
Won't work in the Prem.

ervi34

Post by ervi34 » Sun May 28, 2023 5:28 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:10 pm
Same. I've seen some fans suggesting it could be a smart signing, but it doesn't make much sense to me and I bet comments would look different if Dyche was still managing us. He's not better than anything we currently have.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun May 28, 2023 5:28 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:10 pm
why ?

ervi34

Post by ervi34 » Sun May 28, 2023 5:29 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:28 pm
why ?
Because he's not better than any of our current wingers and is almost 30 which means there's no room for improvement.

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun May 28, 2023 5:59 pm

ervi34 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:29 pm
Because he's not better than any of our current wingers and is almost 30 which means there's no room for improvement.
Prem experience can’t be sniffed at, as much as Brighton have done well with unknown players, they still have the likes of dunk, Lallana and welbeck around the squad

Redmond as a back up to benson, zaroury and hopefully tella would be good business, he would be able to come in and start games when needed
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:24 pm

Various sources now saying we have opened talks with Balde now.

Looks potentially a goer

ervi34

Post by ervi34 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:38 pm

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:59 pm
Prem experience can’t be sniffed at, as much as Brighton have done well with unknown players, they still have the likes of dunk, Lallana and welbeck around the squad

Redmond as a back up to benson, zaroury and hopefully tella would be good business, he would be able to come in and start games when needed
But the difference is that 2/3 you named are very good players. Dunk is their captain, Welbeck looked really good under De Zerbi. Lallana doesn't feature much because of injuries but you are right when you say he brings experience into the dressing room (just like Milner will). My point is, there's no reason to bring someone just because he has experience.

And we already have a few experienced player like Cork, Taylor, Gudmundsson and even Brownhill.
Last edited by ervi34 on Sun May 28, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun May 28, 2023 6:40 pm

Versatile and strong by all reports.....our kind of player.
Vinny likes versatility.

trawlen
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 15 times

Post by trawlen » Sun May 28, 2023 6:42 pm

Mama Baldé looks like a top player

123EasyasBFC

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun May 28, 2023 6:49 pm

ervi34 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:38 pm
But the difference is that 2/3 you named are very good players. Dunk is their captain, Welbeck looked really good under De Zerbi. Lallana doesn't feature much because of injuries but you are right when you say he brings experience into the dressing room (just like Milner will). My point is, there's no reason to bring someone just because he has experience.

And we already have a few experienced player like Cork, Taylor, Gudmundsson and even Brownhill.
We don’t have an endless pot of money, if we sign a striker and tella, you would say we still need another wide player as can’t see churlinov being around so a 29 year old free agent with prem experience wouldn’t be a bad deal at all imo
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:57 pm

Redmond is a handy signing

No fee, lowish wages. Should allow us to spend big on better talent.
This user liked this post: 123EasyasBFC

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3580 times
Has Liked: 1023 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun May 28, 2023 7:11 pm

Turf Moor to become big Mama’s house?

Never heard of Balde but checked him out on the Tube (yeah, yeah…I know) and he looks great. Some brilliant finishes against the likes of PSG and Monaco. Rapid, skilful and seems suited to playing on either wing or through the middle. I can see the suggestion he might be a Tella alternative, sad as that is. I’d have loved Tella back but perhaps we know it’s a no-go and have moved swiftly on.
This user liked this post: trawlen

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sun May 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:24 pm
Various sources now saying we have opened talks with Balde now.

Looks potentially a goer
Who is saying that?

My initial thoughts were: who?! My extensive YouTube scouting has got me quite excited though :lol:

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun May 28, 2023 8:12 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 12:18 pm
Kind of irrelevant given that was clearly never the market Dyche shopped in and he was the manager who had to decide whether to keep Tarks or sell him.

Not sure how this season can be “literal” proof given we were in the championship and we are talking about a situation that took place in the Premier League. I hope those players you mention go on to be half as good as Tarks and Mee but right now I have seen little to suggest they will - but both do have time to develop of course.

The sell on clause was 27.5% and there were also payments we had made previously to Brentford around appearances in PL and Tarks playing for England. I thought West Ham had bid up to £35m at one point for Tarks so that’s not far off the £8m to £10m I said.

The amount is not really the point I am making - it’s more explaining the rationale behind why Dyche wanted to keep Tarks…..which was that he knew (or believed) that he could not get a player as good as Tarks with the money he would have left after selling him in the market he was looking at (the championship).

Not debating that Dyche’s strategy was better than the current one. I love the centre backs we have now. But do think there are some fans who have quickly forgotten how good both Tarks and Mee were for us.

I’m not quite sure you understand the point being made of why selling Tarkowski was the best option.

That money could have been reinvested in the full team to stop things becoming stale. Tarkowski is an average PL defender and was never worth that kinda money, sell to reinvest and refresh the team not sell to just replace like for like

Woonderbah
Been Liked: 323 times
Has Liked: 363 times

Post by Woonderbah » Sun May 28, 2023 8:14 pm

trawlen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:42 pm
Mama Baldé looks like a top player
There used to be a CH at Celtic called Balde and I always wanted us to sign him so we'd have a CH pairing of Balde and Gnohere
These 3 users liked this post: ArmchairDetective trawlen whiffa

ervi34

Post by ervi34 » Sun May 28, 2023 8:15 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:12 pm
That money could have been reinvested in the full team to stop things becoming stale. Tarkowski is an average PL defender and was never worth that kinda money, sell to reinvest and refresh the team not sell to just replace like for like
That's a very bad attempt at trolling. He was our best player for years.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun May 28, 2023 8:20 pm

ervi34 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:15 pm
That's a very bad attempt at trolling. He was our best player for years.
I don’t care he was never worth anywhere near £35m, far too slow and limited to one way of playing. Cracking defending his own penalty box and an absolute headless chicken outside of it, luckily Dyche Central defenders don’t leave their own penalty box so it’s a perfect fit for him to excel